Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.2

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points" = is now for the 743rd CP 1290236 XP.
    We need to inform Oxford dictionary editors to Change the definition of significant, as it looks like ZOS thinks something else of it!
    I would consider 1,290,236 XP "significantly less" than 2,521,152 XP, which is what it was for the 743rd CP before this change.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OVERVIEW
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.2.2 is an incremental patch on the PTS that continues to address outstanding issues in Wrothgar and quests in Orsinium, in addition to many issues in Maelstrom Arena. We’ve also added a new crafting motif, tweaked the Champion Point catch-up mechanic, and added new gear to the available character template. You’ll also find numerous fixes to gameplay and UI in the base game patch.

We’ve copied European characters from the Live PC/Mac megaserver in this patch, which is approximately 3.3GB in size. Thanks again for all your continued feedback!

NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
    New Motifs
    The mysteries of the Mercenary Motif have been unearthed by the Undaunted!
    • The Mercenary Motif is a brand new crafting style, available only through Undaunted activities.
      • To earn the Chapters of the Mercenary style, you must complete Undaunted Pledges and open their reward chests.
      • Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests all have a good chance to grant a Chapter of the Mercenary style, with Silver having a better chance than Bronze, and Gold having a better chance than Silver.
      • All three chests have a small chance to drop the full Book of the style, as well.
      • The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons' final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses.
        • This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
        • Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

Champion Point Catch-Up Mechanic Updates
    • It will now take less experience to gain a Champion Point at higher levels.
    • Lower levels will now require slightly more experience.
    • After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points that will be held in a reserve.

AVAILABLE TEMPLATES
    • Veteran Rank 16 templates now include the new item sets and Maelstrom weapons from the Orsinium DLC game pack for testing.

KNOWN ISSUES
    Maelstrom Weapons
    • The bonus damage over time from the two handed Maelstrom weapon will always critically hit on the first few ticks. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

"After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points" = is now for the 743rd CP 1290236 XP.
    We need to inform Oxford dictionary editors to Change the definition of significant, as it looks like ZOS thinks something else of it!
    On the bright side of this, no need for subscription anymore, and XP pots or scrolls aren't needed anymore!

Please ZOS, stop making decisions immaturely, like when you introduced CPs at the first place. And take the whole Population in consideration, not only the People who are joining the game and the casuals! I am in one of the most active Guilds in DC/EU Server, and most of my friends have about 500 CPs without grinding! Just because we played and paid for the game, it doesn't mean right now you have to punish us for that!

Hopefully you will consider your decisions again, and make them more carefully than what we used to, else it would be sad to loose half of my friends (great theorycrafters, leaderboards PvErs, and Emperors in PvP) each time you come up with new update!

They already said that the average number of CPs an active player has, is about ~90.
    Based on that 500 is very generous, I was honestly expecting something more like 200-300.
    Either way you can keep on accumulating those champion points, so your guild won't have to grind again when the cap is raised.
    Edited by Bloodfang on October 21, 2015 12:07PM
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    OVERVIEW
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.2.2 is an incremental patch on the PTS that continues to address outstanding issues in Wrothgar and quests in Orsinium, in addition to many issues in Maelstrom Arena. We’ve also added a new crafting motif, tweaked the Champion Point catch-up mechanic, and added new gear to the available character template. You’ll also find numerous fixes to gameplay and UI in the base game patch.

We’ve copied European characters from the Live PC/Mac megaserver in this patch, which is approximately 3.3GB in size. Thanks again for all your continued feedback!

NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
    New Motifs
    The mysteries of the Mercenary Motif have been unearthed by the Undaunted!
    • The Mercenary Motif is a brand new crafting style, available only through Undaunted activities.
      • To earn the Chapters of the Mercenary style, you must complete Undaunted Pledges and open their reward chests.
      • Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests all have a good chance to grant a Chapter of the Mercenary style, with Silver having a better chance than Bronze, and Gold having a better chance than Silver.
      • All three chests have a small chance to drop the full Book of the style, as well.
      • The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons' final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses.
        • This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.

• After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points that will be held in a reserve.

AVAILABLE TEMPLATES
    • Veteran Rank 16 templates now include the new item sets and Maelstrom weapons from the Orsinium DLC game pack for testing.

KNOWN ISSUES
    Maelstrom Weapons
    • The bonus damage over time from the two handed Maelstrom weapon will always critically hit on the first few ticks. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

On the bright side of this, no need for subscription anymore, and XP pots or scrolls aren't needed anymore!

Please ZOS, stop making decisions immaturely, like when you introduced CPs at the first place. And take the whole Population in consideration, not only the People who are joining the game and the casuals! I am in one of the most active Guilds in DC/EU Server, and most of my friends have about 500 CPs without grinding! Just because we played and paid for the game, it doesn't mean right now you have to punish us for that!

Hopefully you will consider your decisions again, and make them more carefully than what we used to, else it would be sad to loose half of my friends (great theorycrafters, leaderboards PvErs, and Emperors in PvP) each time you come up with new update!

They already said that the average number of CPs an active player has, is about ~90.
    Based on that 500 is very generous, I was honestly expecting something more like 200-300.
    Either way you can keep on accumulating those champion points, so your guild won't have to grind again when the cap is raised.

You forgot to mention that their method of finding the "average CP people have" was completely flawed and biased towards getting the numbers they wanted.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Bloodfang wrote: »

You forgot to mention that their method of finding the "average CP people have" was completely flawed and biased towards getting the numbers they wanted.

Someone could claim that for any method they used. Averaging over active Veteran characters is probably one of the more useful methods they could have done. (Better than, say, averaging over all accounts ever, which would include people who hadn't played for ages.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have no evidence if it's correct or not, neither do I. But always assuming the worst is at least a bad attitute in general.
    What would your way to calculate the average CP per player be?

They used every account with a VR Character that was active in the last 30 days if I recall correctly. That seems to be a legit way and doesnt sound biased or flawed. But I'm really interested in your proposal.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Ommamar This is less/more with respect to the last PTS iteration, in which the curve was considered too steep. It still takes more XP overall at a higher level.

The implementation should match the formula given in the other thread. If there is any discrepancy, please let us know with as much detail as possible (current level, XP to next level, etc, etc) so we can track down the bug.

Here's a link to the formula that should be represented on PTS currently.
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »

My main is my crafter, he has to be able to make anything he wishes.

You do have an ambition, a quest, something you want to have. Its "being able to craft anything you wish".
    Now I challenge you to go out of your comfort zone to achieve your goal. Because those are the achievements that count.

Don't assume I won't and don't assume I hate to do group content. I had my hand at running trials and dungeons before anyone knew how to get through them. It's fun I just don't have the time or the devotion to do so anymore and I'm just not gonna give them my money if they say I have to. Never said I wouldn't do it, just said I wouldn't pay for it.

I bare no ill will towards anyone who likes this type of stuff, my feedback only represents my opinion and maybe any who hit agree.

If you like things this way I suggest you tell them (ZOS) so, rather than trying to change my mind. ZOS is in business to make money. If your side out numbers my side they need to here that as well, it will let them know they made the right decision.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • hayaschwarz
    hayaschwarz
    ✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »

You have no evidence if it's correct or not, neither do I. But always assuming the worst is at least a bad attitute in general.
    What would your way to calculate the average CP per player be?

They used every account with a VR Character that was active in the last 30 days if I recall correctly. That seems to be a legit way and doesnt sound biased or flawed. But I'm really interested in your proposal.

I wouldn’t call the way they calculated it bias, but definitely flawed if you want to observe the active average, without including the inactive players (i.e. people log in to just hang out a bit with their friends or new players). An active player would have played the game at least for an hour in average/day. A better way to calculate the average of players-CPs would be only through considering people played the game for at least 20-30 hour for the past 30 days.

Regardless, the champion system, when created and till now, is prioritizing older players over newcomers. Which leaves the newcomers with huge disadvantage. The changes which we are about to experience prioritize newcomers over old players! Both are not fair.

The CP-cap is enough reason to stop players from grinding, because no matter how many CPs they have in reserve, they won’t be able to use them. A reduction of XP required per CP is a fair method for new player, while after reaching the soft cap, there is no need for more XP than 400k per CP, as it is not fair for players who are currently sitting between 400-500 CPs, and again it will slow down players who will reach the soft cap in the future to catch up with the increased cap.
    Edited by hayaschwarz on October 21, 2015 3:59PM
    haya-sw - Stamina Dragonknight / Tank
    Shrouded Lachance - Stamina Nightblade / Tank
    Healer le Bobo - Magicka Templar
    Haya-Jr - Magicka Dragonknight
    C-Frags Haya - Magicka Sorcerer
    Hi Ya - Magicka Nightblade
    Haya-Jr II - Stamina Dragonknight / Tank

Co-Founder and Officer of Well Fitted, PvE leading EU DC Guild
    Options
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zilch wrote: »
    Could you please increase the level of the purchasable PVP sets to V16? Pretty please?

I second this request! Please make the PvP sets scale up to VR16.

This will give players more incentive to do PvP and earn AP, and will also allow us to have more options when choosing which sets to wear in endgame, once we reach VR16.

Some of these sets are pretty good and we would like to keep using them, but as VR16 players we have no use for them if they are only available in VR14.

I don't understand why these sets didn't scale to VR16 already when IC was released. It only takes a few days to level from VR14 to VR16, and no one is going to work hard to earn AP to get the VR14 sets if they are already VR16 by the time they have enough AP to buy the sets!

See also:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223999/where-is-the-vr16-pvp-gear

Agree 100%. Please consider these requests ZOS.
    NA/PC
    Options
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    Mercenary Motif
    gL940ZTnzvc.jpg

As everything else in the game.
    Heavy looks imba! Light and medium looks ***...
    Up the hornz
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »
    So am I reading this right? It seems to me that it should be the other way around with those at a higher level taking more experience to get a champion point then those at a lower level. So once you hit cap it will be easier to gain CP so you will hit the cap again quickly when it is raised? I am very confused about this catch up mechanic.
    Agree. I thought the same thing when I first read this. At this moment, it benefits those who already have the most, and not those who actually "need" to "catch up".

@ZOS_GinaBruno: A typo, perhaps?
    :angry:
    Edited by F7sus4 on October 22, 2015 3:36PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Ommamar wrote: »
    So am I reading this right? It seems to me that it should be the other way around with those at a higher level taking more experience to get a champion point then those at a lower level. So once you hit cap it will be easier to gain CP so you will hit the cap again quickly when it is raised? I am very confused about this catch up mechanic.
    Agree. I thought the same thing when I first read this. At this moment, it benefits those who already have the most, and not those who actually "need" to "catch up".

@ZOS_GinaBruno: A typo, perhaps?
    :angry:
    @F7sus4 The first and third lines are right, but I think the second line maybe should also say less. Previously it took 2,521,152 XP to get CP #743, and now it takes 1,290,236 XP to get CP #743.
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary Motif
    gL940ZTnzvc.jpg

Can we have a higher res photo, that I can zoom in and stuff? this photo isn't letting me do that :wink:
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @F7sus4 The first and third lines are right, but I think the second line maybe should also say less. Previously it took 2,521,152 XP to get CP #743, and now it takes 1,290,236 XP to get CP #743.
    No, they are not. I'm actually talking about the "catch-up" mechanic (point #3)

The more CP you have the more XP per CP you should earn to get another one (starting from CP-cap amount and more). But the fewer CP you have the fewer XP per CP should be required. This would work as a "catch-up" mechanic. What Gina proposed not only stays for the opposite (which is ridiculous), but it benefits people with the most CP solely. And to be precise, this:
    So let's say you already have 500+ CP. You can earn sniploads of them now. You won't be able to spent them until they increase CP cap again, but you'll earn your "reserve" rapidly. The person that had 0-100CP gains actually nothing and the CP gap between those players is eventually increased and not decreased, as one might expect by "catching up" mechanic.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The more CP you have the more XP per CP you should earn to get another one (starting from CP-cap amount and more). But the fewer CP you have the fewer XP per CP should be required. This would work as a "catch-up" mechanic. What Gina proposed not only stays for the opposite (which is ridiculous), but it benefits people with the most CP solely. And to be precise, this:
    So let's say you already have 500+ CP. You can earn sniploads of them now. You won't be able to spent them until they increase CP cap again, but you'll earn your "reserve" rapidly. The person that had 0-100CP gains actually nothing and the CP gap between those players is eventually increased and not decreased, as one might expect by "catching up" mechanic.

Kind of starting to sounds like CP packs available in the crown store is on the horizon.

yes I'm getting a bit cynical now,,, then again would you bet against me?

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but the patch note is with reference to PTS 2.2.0, not the CP system that currently exists on Live. You need less XP now than you did in PTS 2.2.0, but it's still more overall than it is on Live.
    Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Mundus Stones
    • The Thief
      • Fixed an issue where this boon was incorrectly becoming less powerful as you leveled up. It will now maintain a consistent 11% net increase to your Critical and Spell Critical values.

Is this an intentional change to the value of the Thief Mundus from live where it seems to be 12% currently?

Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just done a quick couple of tests on PTS and it looks like we are getting 11% base from Thief and 13% base from Shadow. Looks like they are within around 0.25% of each other in terms of total damage done for a V16 character in top end gear using Divines across the board, which is remarkably balanced.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: when you make an item of the Mercenary Style, is it Bind on Pickup, or Bind on Equip?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Question: when you make an item of the Mercenary Style, is it Bind on Pickup, or Bind on Equip?

I'll add a second part to that question. If you deconstruct it will you get laurels?

Options
  • Bloodhawke-Von_Uriel
    Alphashado wrote: »
    tengri wrote: »

Are you kidding me?
    I actually like doing pledges - with multiple chars.
    And none of them is my crafter!

So in order to get some of the new style materials I have either to level up my crafter, only do pledges with her from now on or waste motif chapters on multiple chars who will never have any need for them... because else I wont get the style mats, ever.

Who comes up with *** like that, really? :#
    Just.... stop. Please.

I THINK they are trying to toss crafters a bone here, but they just don't get it. I THINK the concept is to reward crafters for their time and effort, but they don't seem to understand that many people don't use their crafting characters for endgame. I can understand why they don't want level 10 battle leveled characters roaming around Wrothgar farming endgame nodes, but this Laurel idea is bad.

They can't seem to wrap their heads around the concept of alternate characters. My crafter is also a V16 Templar that I heal with, but I also have a V16 DK I like to tank with, and a V16 NB/V9 Sorc that I like to DPS with. I don't want to feel pigeon hole'd into only using my Templar in dungeons, and people who have a lower level character dedicated for pure crafting shouldn't be penalized for it.

There should at least be a small % chance for these things to drop for every character

I think your missing a crucial point with this. yes you will need to have a motif on the char you are dungeoning on, however if i remember correctly the base rate of drop (rate of drop if you have only 1 motif known of the character) is 50% thats pretty high. so if you give one of the motifs to your main dungeon char then give the rest, to your low level crafter then 1/2 dungeons will give you laurels which you can put in your bank for your crafter to use. and you can do this same process with the motifs you receive. keep in mind bind on pickup actually means bind on account, so anything you aquire on your v16 chars can be transferred to your low level crafter char.

in your case, if you get ONE motif on all your chars then the entire motif on your crafter, you will gain laurels on any char you play. and be able to use them on any char you like due to the account wide bank.
    and since motifs are 40% drop from bronze chests, 50% from silver and 60% from gold it should be that hard to get a motif for each char even if only one.
    -Administrator of More Than Fair Fighters.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »

Mundus Stones
    • The Thief
      • Fixed an issue where this boon was incorrectly becoming less powerful as you leveled up. It will now maintain a consistent 11% net increase to your Critical and Spell Critical values.

Is this an intentional change to the value of the Thief Mundus from live where it seems to be 12% currently?

- No, no. 12% would be OP, but 11% means balance.
    - B-b-but... why?
    - Because ZOS.

Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but the patch note is with reference to PTS 2.2.0, not the CP system that currently exists on Live. You need less XP now than you did in PTS 2.2.0, but it's still more overall than it is on Live.
    This, nevetheless, requires further and clear explanation from ZOS on how do they intend to do the "catch-up" mechanic and how storing CPs above CP-cap will work, since all we know at this point is some sort of reversed mechanic that not only won't work as intended, but will provide adversative result.

Have a cookie.
    :cookie:
    Edited by F7sus4 on October 25, 2015 10:25AM
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh!! So, what your saying is just Grind,Grind and Grind

Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »

Mundus Stones
    • The Thief

- No, no. 12% would be OP, but 11% means balance.
    - B-b-but... why?
    - Because ZOS.

Given that crit bonus % without a mundus is higher than crit chance %, this does bring them better into line with each other. Not looked into how they line up against other choices more widely.
    Options
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf?

Really? I am sure you 'wrote this wrong' because what THAT above says is: The new guy with none to few CP will find it MORE difficult(PUNISH THOSE NOT GRINDING) to earn points, while those with a LOT (or even capped) will have to spend LESS time 'grinding' (REWARD THE GRINDERS) to get more points to 'bank' and therefore, reduce the time needed to earn cp in the future.

Curious zos, did u happen to look up 'catch-up' in some funky reverse-world dictionary?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AtmaDarkwolf The patch note is with reference to PTS 2.2.0, not the CP system that currently exists on Live.
    Options
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »

Are you kidding me?
    I actually like doing pledges - with multiple chars.
    And none of them is my crafter!

So in order to get some of the new style materials I have either to level up my crafter, only do pledges with her from now on or waste motif chapters on multiple chars who will never have any need for them... because else I wont get the style mats, ever.

Who comes up with *** like that, really? :#
    Just.... stop. Please.

Agreed, this is a very bad decision. My alt is lvl 30 who is a master crafter, but of course my main I ensured to use those skillpoints towards other abilities rather than crafting. Not sure why ZOS' reasoning is behind this, but it's pretty *** poor.
    Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Agreed, this is a very bad decision. My alt is lvl 30 who is a master crafter, but of course my main I ensured to use those skillpoints towards other abilities rather than crafting. Not sure why ZOS' reasoning is behind this, but it's pretty *** poor.

I feel you on this one.

My alt (will eventually be my new main) was originally not going to do any crafting, while my current main is capable of doing all crafts. I intended for him to be my master of crafts, but given this change, I'm forced to either A) use whatever skill points I have left over after crafts to come up with an "OK" or subpar build to get me by in pledges or B.) level at least one craft on my future main, waste 10 points into it, just so I have a chance at the chapters.

The draw back to Option B is that I have to at least know 1 chapter in order for Laurels to drop, while the draw back to Option A means exclusively running pledges with my alt until I get all the chapters, but then we're back to the problem with Laurels. If I get all the chapters (big IF), I then have to keep running dungeons to build up a large enough stock of them.

Granted, I don't "Need" the merc style, but it seems ridiculous to need to have crafting on any character in order to get them.
    Edited by OmniDevil on October 26, 2015 2:44PM
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    Options