Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.2

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn
    Sorcerers can no longer use Bolt Escape to leave parts of Craglorn.
    Um...what does this mean exactly? Bolt escape is banned...where? dungeons? Trials? Illegally exiting the zone? This is not very clear....please clarify for those of us who did not know that leaving parts of Craglorn was forbidden in the first place? What parts???
    @kkordasb14_ESO It means you can no longer Bolt Escape up a cliff in a particular location and end up going through the invisible wall surrounding the zone. They won't have changed Bolt Escape itself, they will have edited the cliff textures and invisible walls so that Bolt Escape no longer gets you through them.

Ommamar wrote: »
    champion Point Catch-Up Mechanic Updates

It will now take less experience to gain a Champion Point at higher levels.

Lower levels will now require slightly more experience.

After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points that will be held in a reserve.

So am I reading this right? It seems to me that it should be the other way around with those at a higher level taking more experience to get a champion point then those at a lower level. So once you hit cap it will be easier to gain CP so you will hit the cap again quickly when it is raised? I am very confused about this catch up mechanic.
    @Ommamar This is less/more with respect to the last PTS iteration, in which the curve was considered too steep. It still takes more XP overall at a higher level.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I've heard some rumors that cloak on the nightblade is beeing "nerfed" or changed. is this true?
    If there is a issue at all, it must be with magica nightblades with loads of cp, so they're magica regen makes it possible to cloak alot.

I am one of those that have very little CP, so I die very fast if i take hits.
    I need to be able to escape fast if i want to. This is essential for me as I am running a stamina build and can cloak maybe 3-4 times then my magica pool is out.
    Is that OP?
    I also need my magica pool for double take and mass hysteria so..........
    Please don't listen to all the forumtrolls.

Edited by Lifecode666 on October 20, 2015 9:18AM
    Up the hornz
    Options
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I've heard some rumors that cloak on the nightblade is beeing "nerfed" or changed. is this true?
    If there is a issue at all, it must be with magica nightblades with loads of cp, so they're magica regen makes it possible to cloak alot.

I am one of those that have very little CP, so I die very fast if i take hits.
    I need to be able to escape fast if i want to.
    This is essential.
    I am running a stamina build and can cloak maybe 3-4 times then my magica pool is out.
    Is that OP?
    I also need my magica pool for double take and mass hysteria so..........
    Please don't listen to all the forumtrolls.

As for now that wasnt changed, but idea was for increased costs like Bolt Escape. Firstly, in my opinion, devs should fix random cloak breaks and some skills that easily reveals you (Burning Embers, Flame Lash or WB comes to my mind - and no, its not call for "nerf bat"). Problem exists with extended magicka regeneration with as example drinks - that allows you to have ~900 (or 1330 with Willows Path). Magicka pool may be low, but regen negates that in some way. On the other hand Mageblades dont have any other, worth attention, solutions above Cloak skill.
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    • This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
    • Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

Are you kidding me?
    I actually like doing pledges - with multiple chars.
    And none of them is my crafter!

So in order to get some of the new style materials I have either to level up my crafter, only do pledges with her from now on or waste motif chapters on multiple chars who will never have any need for them... because else I wont get the style mats, ever.

Who comes up with *** like that, really? :#
    Just.... stop. Please.

LOL Hello Fo4 goodbye Eso
    Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the server down for maintenance again?
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoP materials are a horrible way to encourage trade and crafting. Please reconsider this and make them open to trade.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭

This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
    Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

THIS IS BAD. So now we have to farm the undaunted dungeons to not only get the chapters but the material to craft them? And each article of armor and weapon takes how much material? So you have to go in for Laurels how many times to craft one full set plus weapons for each character you want to craft it for? Then if you want to craft this set for anyone else, friend, guild-mate, or customer...nah this is ridiculous.

I assume the motif will be in the crown store eventually like all the other super rare things and the laurels as well? That seems to be the trend now, make it so hard to get it's easier to just open up your wallet and pay $40 USD for it in the crown store.
    Options
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    It means you can no longer Bolt Escape up a cliff in a particular location and end up going through the invisible wall surrounding the zone. They won't have changed Bolt Escape itself, they will have edited the cliff textures and invisible walls so that Bolt Escape no longer gets you through them.

@Enodoc Thanks for the clarification on the bolt escape issue. I guess I never tried to bolt escape up a cliff. LOL

Options
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Craglorn
    Sorcerers can no longer use Bolt Escape to leave parts of Craglorn.
    Um...what does this mean exactly? Bolt escape is banned...where? dungeons? Trials? Illegally exiting the zone? This is not very clear....please clarify for those of us who did not know that leaving parts of Craglorn was forbidden in the first place? What parts???
    @kkordasb14_ESO It means you can no longer Bolt Escape up a cliff in a particular location and end up going through the invisible wall surrounding the zone. They won't have changed Bolt Escape itself, they will have edited the cliff textures and invisible walls so that Bolt Escape no longer gets you through them.

Ommamar wrote: »
    champion Point Catch-Up Mechanic Updates

It will now take less experience to gain a Champion Point at higher levels.

Lower levels will now require slightly more experience.

After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points that will be held in a reserve.

So am I reading this right? It seems to me that it should be the other way around with those at a higher level taking more experience to get a champion point then those at a lower level. So once you hit cap it will be easier to gain CP so you will hit the cap again quickly when it is raised? I am very confused about this catch up mechanic.
    @Ommamar This is less/more with respect to the last PTS iteration, in which the curve was considered too steep. It still takes more XP overall at a higher level.

That is very poorly worded then. I hope you are right because as someone else stated the makes it sound like the exact opposite of a catch up mechanic.
    Options
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭

This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
    Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

THIS IS BAD. So now we have to farm the undaunted dungeons to not only get the chapters but the material to craft them? And each article of armor and weapon takes how much material? So you have to go in for Laurels how many times to craft one full set plus weapons for each character you want to craft it for? Then if you want to craft this set for anyone else, friend, guild-mate, or customer...nah this is ridiculous.

I assume the motif will be in the crown store eventually like all the other super rare things and the laurels as well? That seems to be the trend now, make it so hard to get it's easier to just open up your wallet and pay $40 USD for it in the crown store.

The Laurels are the STYLE material, not the crafting material. You'll still use the ingots/leather/silk/wood for crafting.
    Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hints for the Centurion’s Signet and Frostbreak Chalice for the House of Orsimer Glories achievement are now more accurate.

The hints for the First Charter are still very misleading, bording on incorrect. Also, the hints for the Chalice are just directions now :o
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more scarcity intentionally implemented in game, with the sole purpose of driving people to the cash shop, the more I want to unsubscribe and uninstall.
    Options
  • mattlarsonmdl_ESO
    angelyn wrote: »
    The more scarcity intentionally implemented in game, with the sole purpose of driving people to the cash shop, the more I want to unsubscribe and uninstall.
    ZoS needs to make money to keep the game going. That is all. Pick your poison. Whether its a mandatory sub, or a cash shop, they need to get people to spend.

Lets stop with the cash shop complaining. Go spend some $$$ and support the game you play.

Edited by mattlarsonmdl_ESO on October 20, 2015 4:35PM
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OVERVIEW
    Thanks again for all your continued feedback!

NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
    New Motifs
    The mysteries of the Mercenary Motif have been unearthed by the Undaunted!
    • The Mercenary Motif is a brand new crafting style, available only through Undaunted activities.
      • To earn the Chapters of the Mercenary style, you must complete Undaunted Pledges and open their reward chests.
      • Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests all have a good chance to grant a Chapter of the Mercenary style, with Silver having a better chance than Bronze, and Gold having a better chance than Silver.
      • All three chests have a small chance to drop the full Book of the style, as well.
      • The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons' final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses.
        • This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
    You may not thank me for this feedback...

Congrats ZOS, you finally gave me a reason to drop my ESO Plus account.

No this is not an "I quit" post, I will continue to play (after all it is paid for), but I will not spend another dime on this game as long as it goes this direction. I already have enough un-used crowns to buy 3 DLCs if I wish, but I will not be spending any more $$$ however.

To me, forcing any style of play is unacceptable in an Elder Scrolls Game and I will not support it, I don't care what your definition of an MMO is. I was truly hoping Orsinium would be and end to it. The problem isn't how you get the material, the problem is it is the only way you can get the material. Saying a crafting item can't be bought or sold,,, heck why don't you make it fair and say VR16 Ruby mats can't be bought or sold while your at it.

Edit: Done
    jf1ky6r807gn.png
    Edited by Casdha on October 20, 2015 5:36PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »

LOL Hello Fo4 goodbye Eso

Black Desert Alpha is also starting soon with release early next year...

With it being B2P, looks like I'll be able to keep up with both it and ESO with Fo4 to fill in the gaps.

Due to the crafting changes, think I am going to switch to just running one character to do everything, since that seems to be the way ESO wants it, so I should have plenty of time to play other stuff.

Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Options
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS needs to make money to keep the game going. That is all. Pick your poison. Whether its a mandatory sub, or a cash shop, they need to get people to spend.

Lets stop with the cash shop complaining. Go spend some $$$ and support the game you play.

I wanted to keep paying a mandatory subscription and have all items available via in-game gold or drops rather than this ala carte shite.

But they took that option away from me.

Therefore I reserve the right to complain when the Crown store screws with the game mechanics of ESO, and I feel others think the same way.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have gotten between $400 and $500 from me already,,,,, No more money from me on blind faith that things will get better. Subbed from begining + Colector's Edition + PS4 version +XB1 version = too much fargin money for a game that is going in a direction I refuse to further support with my wallet.

They can turn it around,,,, or it can die,,,, time will tell. I've already proven I'll pay if I like it, now it's time to prove I won't if I don't.

Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes to rarity of crafting mats - Cause and Effect

Cause - Unknown? Money?
    Effect - Less theory crafting, less crafting, more grind, linear game play.

I believe the cause is undoubtedly geared around money. Which is understandable, in a sense. But whatever the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed undergrad marketing major just hired by ZOS needs to understand, is that the longevity of MMOs is where the money will be made. Most people that will be a part of Orsinium have subscriptions, and want to stay in it for the long run. A quick cash grab to force players into these DLCs will succeed for a short period of time, but in the long run the core players (constant income) will get tired of these new grinds being introduced and more subs will be cancelled rather than DLCs sold. This tactic they are using isn't good for the game, players, or their financials. ESO has an opportunity to be one of the greater MMOs, it's across three platforms, has a huge fanbase in that of the Elder Scrolls, and new fresh audience in that of console MMO fans. They need to approach the management of this game from a long term perspective and quit worrying about cash in hand. Most are/were willing to support the long term, quit selling us this BS.

Edited by SneaK on October 20, 2015 7:25PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭

I've been playing since beta days. I also had no problems with a subscription based game and never requested b2p/F2P. In addition to having purchased the initial game I kept subscription and I still have a sub now.Just like @Casdha has said , Im sure that the total amount of money that i have given ZOS would constitute as supporting the game i play. I already support the game both financially, and in having provided testing /feedback and bug reporting. :# I hope that you have done the same since you seem to feel as if you have the right to tell me to spend even more money on the game, when I as a long term member of the community is voicing valid feedback.( Which echo @Saltypretzels sentiments )

Anyway, moving on from your incorrect assumptions about what support I may or may not provide- ZOS already make money from people buying DLC and paying subs. :) Crown store sales are supplemental; they are not the only way that ZOS makes money. I don't mind there being a cash shop if ZOS keep to their initial philosophy for the crown store - building the crown store around the game, instead of what they are starting to do now; which is build the game around the crown store. (Which @SneaK explained perfectly in above post).

Edit:more rambling
    Edited by angelyn on October 20, 2015 8:39PM
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have been perfectly fine with a subscription because it meant that they actually had to work to keep subscribers satisfied, but then ~console version~ happened and we got this B2P mess.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravalox wrote: »
    Has the ability to purchase the Orsinium DLC twice in the Crown Store been corrected?

(If you purchase the Collector's Edition DLC, the standard Orsinium is still obtainable (I assume vice versa))

@Ravalox Just tested this. Yes, if you purchase the Collector's Edition, the standard Orsinium is now disabled. In the vice-versa case, you are still able to purchase the Collector's Edition, but you get a warning that you already own part of the bundle.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno There is no longer a "Battle Level" toggle in the Gameplay > Combat Settings. Was this intentionally removed?
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a style material.... why are you going crazy for they are giving you an incentive to play content.
    A STYLE MATERIAL '

they should be different though, crown store material and in game material. one can be traded and the other cant
    Edited by Nifty2g on October 21, 2015 3:14AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    it's a style material.... why are you going crazy for they are giving you an incentive to play content.
    A STYLE MATERIAL '

I'll tell you the reason I don't like this. It is because I have only done 5 group dungeons in the 2 years I've been playing this game and I have never done an Undaunted pledge (other than PTS). I've still got the Undaunted invite letters sitting in my bank. I however love to gather and craft just to kill time. The idea of forcing me to do something I don't like to do just to get an item is unacceptable to me (BoP for a crafting style mat only obtained with Undaunted). I like being able to craft everything, whether I actually do it or not is beside the point, I can't support this direction.

For those that can't see it, this is the pebble that starts the landslide. I'm either going to try and stop the pebble before it hits another and if I can't I'm gonna get out of the way. More than likely the latter. In case you didn't get that the landslide is F2P.

I've had plenty of fun in the last 2 years without opening up the Undaunted skill line (other than testing) and I'm not about to have someone I'm paying tell me that I have to if I want to do something else I like.

Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »

The idea of forcing me to do something I don't like to do just to get an item is unacceptable to me

How are you forced? Is there something you cant do without a set with this specific style?
    I dont get all the hate here. People are really acting strange. They dont want ZOS to put pay2win items in the crown store. Everyone was like"put cosmetic stuff in the crown store"...but when they do - it's still a s*hit storm.

You can get the materials in the crown store, farm it in dungeons, or just dont use that specific style.
    Edited by Jeckll on October 21, 2015 6:07AM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »

The idea of forcing me to do something I don't like to do just to get an item is unacceptable to me

How are you forced? Is there something you cant do without a set with this specific style?
    I dont get all the hate here. People are really acting strange. They dont want ZOS to put pay2win items in the crown store. Everyone was like"put cosmetic stuff in the crown store"...but when they do - it's still a s*hit storm.

You can get the materials in the crown store, farm it in dungeons, or just dont use that specific style.

Costumes and crafting are two different things to me. I can't make costumes but I can craft items. I wouldn't have thought twice about it if that type of clothing was only available in a Mercenary costume pack. Heck I can't even tell you what costume packs there are.

My main is my crafter, he has to be able to make anything he wishes. My alts are for PvP and Group content as well as my gatherers, that is just how I play. For my main, it is not a matter of whether he will make it, it is a matter of if he can make it.

Edit: to add, for me P2W items in the crown store wouldn't bother me in the least because I don't play to win, I play to Have Fun!! Me loosing to someone in PvP is no skin off of my back (pardon the pun)

Edit2: Sorry, but as to the quote you grabbed, since it is out of context it should be amended to say:
    "As a paying customer, The idea of forcing me to do something I don't like to do just to get an item is unacceptable to me." But since I am no longer a paying customer I'm fine with it.
    Edited by Casdha on October 21, 2015 6:50AM

Options
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    The Laurels are the STYLE material, not the crafting material. You'll still use the ingots/leather/silk/wood for crafting.

Yes I am fully aware of this fact. So you have to get 7-12 laurels to make one full set of Mercenary style with weapons, and only a 'chance' to find the laurels up until you have found all 14 chapters so ...that's how many dungeon runs with all this RNG involved in finding the chapters, getting laurels...etc.

So if your crafting character is not your adventure character you are screwed.
    Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My main is my crafter, he has to be able to make anything he wishes.

You do have an ambition, a quest, something you want to have. Its "being able to craft anything you wish".
    Now I challenge you to go out of your comfort zone to achieve your goal. Because those are the achievements that count.

How I understand it, you can just use your Alts to do the pledges, get the motif pages from the chest and trade it to your crafter. U still need to learn 1 page with your dedicated dungeon dude, so he has a chance to loot the Laurels. But all other pages and the Laurels the dungeon dude loots, you can put in the bank and use it with your Crafter Main.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • hayaschwarz
    hayaschwarz
    ✭✭✭
    OVERVIEW
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.2.2 is an incremental patch on the PTS that continues to address outstanding issues in Wrothgar and quests in Orsinium, in addition to many issues in Maelstrom Arena. We’ve also added a new crafting motif, tweaked the Champion Point catch-up mechanic, and added new gear to the available character template. You’ll also find numerous fixes to gameplay and UI in the base game patch.

We’ve copied European characters from the Live PC/Mac megaserver in this patch, which is approximately 3.3GB in size. Thanks again for all your continued feedback!

NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
    New Motifs
    The mysteries of the Mercenary Motif have been unearthed by the Undaunted!
    • The Mercenary Motif is a brand new crafting style, available only through Undaunted activities.
      • To earn the Chapters of the Mercenary style, you must complete Undaunted Pledges and open their reward chests.
      • Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests all have a good chance to grant a Chapter of the Mercenary style, with Silver having a better chance than Bronze, and Gold having a better chance than Silver.
      • All three chests have a small chance to drop the full Book of the style, as well.
      • The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons' final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses.

Champion Point Catch-Up Mechanic Updates
    • It will now take less experience to gain a Champion Point at higher levels.
    • Lower levels will now require slightly more experience.
    • After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points that will be held in a reserve.

AVAILABLE TEMPLATES
    • Veteran Rank 16 templates now include the new item sets and Maelstrom weapons from the Orsinium DLC game pack for testing.

KNOWN ISSUES
    Maelstrom Weapons
    • The bonus damage over time from the two handed Maelstrom weapon will always critically hit on the first few ticks. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

"After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points" = is now for the 743rd CP 1290236 XP.
    We need to inform Oxford dictionary editors to Change the definition of significant, as it looks like ZOS thinks something else of it!
    On the bright side of this, no need for subscription anymore, and XP pots or scrolls aren't needed anymore!

Please ZOS, stop making decisions immaturely, like when you introduced CPs at the first place. And take the whole Population in consideration, not only the People who are joining the game and the casuals! I am in one of the most active Guilds in DC/EU Server, and most of my friends have about 500 CPs without grinding! Just because we played and paid for the game, it doesn't mean right now you have to punish us for that!

Hopefully you will consider your decisions again, and make them more carefully than what we used to, else it would be sad to loose half of my friends (great theorycrafters, leaderboards PvErs, and Emperors in PvP) each time you come up with new update!
    Edited by hayaschwarz on October 21, 2015 10:40AM
    haya-sw - Stamina Dragonknight / Tank
    Shrouded Lachance - Stamina Nightblade / Tank
    Healer le Bobo - Magicka Templar
    Haya-Jr - Magicka Dragonknight
    C-Frags Haya - Magicka Sorcerer
    Hi Ya - Magicka Nightblade
    Haya-Jr II - Stamina Dragonknight / Tank

Co-Founder and Officer of Well Fitted, PvE leading EU DC Guild
    Options