Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.2

• nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    That's it, my crafter's dead. If you're going to disincentivize specialized crafting chars and push us into playing a jack-of-all-trades, I want an option to transfer researched traits and motifs to another character. This isn't at all what the system looked like when I started the game in April 2014. You gave us free respecs after significant changes to abilities, it's only fair to do the same with crafting.

You had at the beggining option to play as "jack-of-all-trades" or split your "character" into crafting shards - according to your post, you choose second one. Yes, second options give you free mats/tempers in some way, but thats only one style from over 15 available. Also there is mentioned walkthrought: store up not keys, open chests after Orsinum DLC release and all of dublicated pages give to crafter - that gonna take little more time than "first" option
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nilldax wrote: »
    That's it, my crafter's dead. If you're going to disincentivize specialized crafting chars and push us into playing a jack-of-all-trades, I want an option to transfer researched traits and motifs to another character. This isn't at all what the system looked like when I started the game in April 2014. You gave us free respecs after significant changes to abilities, it's only fair to do the same with crafting.

You had at the beggining option to play as "jack-of-all-trades" or split your "character" into crafting shards - according to your post, you choose second one. Yes, second options give you free mats/tempers in some way, but thats only one style from over 15 available. Also there is mentioned walkthrought: store up not keys, open chests after Orsinum DLC release and all of dublicated pages give to crafter - that gonna take little more time than "first" option
    Scaled nodes force me to max out crafting passives on non-crafter characters if I don't want to loot useless tier 1 mats in Wrothgar.
    Laurels force me to learn motifs on non-crafter characters.

What's the point of having a crafter alt anymore if everyone is a crafter? I'd be infinitely better off if I had chosen to do all crafting on my main and played only her. I might be okay with this system if I'd known what I was getting into when I started - but it didn't work like this then.
    Edited by Rosveen on October 19, 2015 10:24PM
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Scaled nodes force me to max out crafting passives on non-crafter characters if I don't want to loot useless tier 1 mats in Wrothgar.

What's the point of having a crafter alt anymore if everyone is a crafter? I'd be infinitely better off if I had chosen to do all crafting on my main and played only her. I might be okay with this system if I'd known what I was getting into when I started - but it didn't work like this then.

My main is my crafter and my alts are for tanking, PvP etc so this fits me perfectly, thank you ZOS! :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My main is my crafter and my alts are for tanking, PvP etc so this fits me perfectly, thank you ZOS! :)

9912ppo.gif
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on October 19, 2015 10:40PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish another Beth game welcome on November 10. :)
    Edited by Maotti on October 19, 2015 11:13PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Higgs_Field
    Higgs_Field
    ✭✭
    Zilch wrote: »
    Could you please increase the level of the purchasable PVP sets to V16? Pretty please?

I second this request! Please make the PvP sets scale up to VR16.

This will give players more incentive to do PvP and earn AP, and will also allow us to have more options when choosing which sets to wear in endgame, once we reach VR16.

Some of these sets are pretty good and we would like to keep using them, but as VR16 players we have no use for them if they are only available in VR14.

I don't understand why these sets didn't scale to VR16 already when IC was released. It only takes a few days to level from VR14 to VR16, and no one is going to work hard to earn AP to get the VR14 sets if they are already VR16 by the time they have enough AP to buy the sets!

See also:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223999/where-is-the-vr16-pvp-gear
    Options
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Over 12 months leveling all crafts, traits, and styles on one alt so my other toons could have all their skill points free for other things.....Thanks for the big "FU" ZOS for those of use that have alts specialized in other things. Bad enough I have to level all my crafting skills on my main toons just to get quality node mats in the new update. Now I have to go and relearn a year worth of crafting on all of them if I want to craft the new style on useful armor......

an year?!? no more than 1 week /all profesions/ to be able to get quality node mats.
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I mentioned it at Orsinium PTS start as well, but they keep leaving off PROVISIONING skill points from the templates.

Can we please have this corrected at next PTS patch please.

Thanks
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I mentioned it at Orsinium PTS start as well, but they keep leaving off PROVISIONING skill points from the templates.

Can we please have this corrected at next PTS patch please.

Thanks

I would also like to add that Werewolf (and likely vampire as well) come un leveled on maxed out templates.
    Options
  • abhimat1999rwb17_ESO
    Stranglers can pull through block/immovable? lol

It's like every patch they roll a dice and decide what more stupidity they can introduce.
    Tookey - AD Sorceror
    Options
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    So are the chapters of the motif's tradeable or no?
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »
    So are the chapters of the motif's tradeable or no?

Don't give them any ideas lol.
    Options
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

I would also like to add that Werewolf (and likely vampire as well) come un leveled on maxed out templates.

Yes. Vamp line is unmaxed as well. Please for the love of PTS testing can you give us maxed out WW/V lines!!! Cannot properly test. After not being able to properly test on NA for the past 2 weeks I and many others would like to test using the templates! Why give us the skill line at all if it isn't leveled?

Please fix.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn

Sorcerers can no longer use Bolt Escape to leave parts of Craglorn.

Um...what does this mean exactly? Bolt escape is banned...where? dungeons? Trials? Illegally exiting the zone? This is not very clear....please clarify for those of us who did not know that leaving parts of Craglorn was forbidden in the first place? What parts???
    Options
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    champion Point Catch-Up Mechanic Updates

It will now take less experience to gain a Champion Point at higher levels.

Lower levels will now require slightly more experience.

After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points that will be held in a reserve.

So am I reading this right? It seems to me that it should be the other way around with those at a higher level taking more experience to get a champion point then those at a lower level. So once you hit cap it will be easier to gain CP so you will hit the cap again quickly when it is raised? I am very confused about this catch up mechanic.

Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

Can they be put in the bank for alts to use?

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Over 12 months leveling all crafts, traits, and styles on one alt so my other toons could have all their skill points free for other things.....Thanks for the big "FU" ZOS for those of use that have alts specialized in other things. Bad enough I have to level all my crafting skills on my main toons just to get quality node mats in the new update. Now I have to go and relearn a year worth of crafting on all of them if I want to craft the new style on useful armor......

What? This zone is battle leveled...not sure what the problem is? You have no skill points left? They even give you more skyshards in this zone if you want to find at least 2-3 attacks, a shield buff, and maybe a heal buff and 1 ultimate..put it on both bars and go node hunting?
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »

Yes. Vamp line is unmaxed as well. Please for the love of PTS testing can you give us maxed out WW/V lines!!! Cannot properly test. After not being able to properly test on NA for the past 2 weeks I and many others would like to test using the templates! Why give us the skill line at all if it isn't leveled?

Please fix.

Another, less pressing problem with the templates is I wanted to go to some known stomping grounds in vet zones with a template to compare what i'm used to with what's on pts, with my only wayshrines in my factions capital, starting zone and orsinium. Would it be possible to at least have a wayshrine in each zone for maxed templates?
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

an year?!? no more than 1 week /all profesions/ to be able to get quality node mats.

It's not the level of the crafting line, it's the traits that takes so long. Getting all 9 traits researched across Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking takes almost a year, not to mention gold costs for nirn and learning all other rare styles.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm still no changes to DKs, Tempalrs, or HA. Shame... Also enough with the stupid chapters already.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My reaction to the strangler thing wasn't that excited either :) they already are so annoying in Dragonstar Arena.
    It's very annoying, that blocking will no longer protect you. But immoveable, an underperforming and in my opinion useless ability that almost nobody uses, made even more useless ? Hm

It only has a base duration of 5 seconds, which is the same as break free. For someone like me, who needs to manage her stamina very well, this is very bad. I think I don't need to explain why, I waste valueable immunity seconds, where I don't actually get CCed (because it's not always easy to predict CC) Well, I imagine all these stamina monsters with infinite stamina wouldn't care.
    Edited by Dracane on October 20, 2015 2:47AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    I'm usually not one for hyperbole, but seriously, WTF is up with the mechanic for obtaining laurel. I really, really do not understand this decision at all.

This means my account will probably never be able to have Mercenary styled items (which was shaping up to be one of my favorites based on the initial designs) simply because of how I've spread out/leveled my crafting abilities over the last year and a half. My crafting alts are level 16ish and all have 8+ traits learned and know all styles (except Glass and Xivkyn because I find them ugly). My main is a VR16 tank who has no traits researched and no rare styles learned, but who recently gained level 50 of all crafting lines (except enchanting) for purposes of writs. So, while doing dailies on my main I can get motif pages alright, but if I give them to my alts to learn and use like I have with every other style, my main will then never be eligible to receive the mat from a drop. BUT, if I learn the pages on my main, the style is virtually wasted because I've yet to research any traits on that character. Given the significant time and gold investment in building a crafter (traits and styles), this design penalizes all those who don't have crafters as main characters.

Please at least give some drop chance or other way to get the style mat even if you haven't learned any part of the style.

ZoS knows how to screw over their customers...
    It is one thing distorting the game by binding useable items like armour that must be obtained by grinding your proverbial buttocks off in trials and undaunted but motifs seems down right 'stupid'. I suppose it is meant to emulate the 'real world' where the few who have, rort the many. Unless the real motive behind the motif lockdown is eventual CROWN STORE.....

I would rather ZoS was smart enough to create an economy rather than this effort.
    Options
  • Gelassenheit
    Gelassenheit
    ✭✭
    Do template characters actually get + spell damage / weapon damage glyphs for jewlery? Or did I just miss them..?
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »

After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points that will be held in a reserve.

So am I reading this right? It seems to me that it should be the other way around with those at a higher level taking more experience to get a champion point then those at a lower level. So once you hit cap it will be easier to gain CP so you will hit the cap again quickly when it is raised? I am very confused about this catch up mechanic.

Yea, I noticed that as well. If it works as described, that is the exact opposite of a catch-up mechanic, ensuring those at the cap will hit the new one immediately once it is raised while everyone else falls back further behind. Making it easier for people at the cap and harder for those who aren't there yet ? Do they even understand what catch-up mechanic means ?
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on October 20, 2015 4:41AM
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »

I think it means "less/more than before", that is in the original version of the catch up system. The penalties at high CP levels are currently quite harsh, you practically come to a full stop once you hit the cap. They're probably adjusting the curve a little.
    Edited by Rosveen on October 20, 2015 5:08AM
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

9912ppo.gif

The point is I'm saying thank you to ZOS for their system decision, guess you missed it haha
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Ridrech
    Ridrech
    Soul Shriven

[*]Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

I'm not sure if this is right, but since it's bind on pickup that means it's just bound to your account and you can put it in the bank for your alts to withdraw. If they are backpack bound like Undaunted keys, then that's a problem. Are the new motifs bind on pickup or backpack bound as well?
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
    • Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

Are you kidding me?
    I actually like doing pledges - with multiple chars.
    And none of them is my crafter!

So in order to get some of the new style materials I have either to level up my crafter, only do pledges with her from now on or waste motif chapters on multiple chars who will never have any need for them... because else I wont get the style mats, ever.

Who comes up with *** like that, really? :#
    Just.... stop. Please.

Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stranglers will now pull anyone who is blocking and immovable.

Does this apply only in Maelstrom Arena or also in Dragonstar Arena ? Or the entire game ?
    Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    • This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
    • Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.

Are you kidding me?
    I actually like doing pledges - with multiple chars.
    And none of them is my crafter!

So in order to get some of the new style materials I have either to level up my crafter, only do pledges with her from now on or waste motif chapters on multiple chars who will never have any need for them... because else I wont get the style mats, ever.

Who comes up with *** like that, really? :#
    Just.... stop. Please.

I THINK they are trying to toss crafters a bone here, but they just don't get it. I THINK the concept is to reward crafters for their time and effort, but they don't seem to understand that many people don't use their crafting characters for endgame. I can understand why they don't want level 10 battle leveled characters roaming around Wrothgar farming endgame nodes, but this Laurel idea is bad.

They can't seem to wrap their heads around the concept of alternate characters. My crafter is also a V16 Templar that I heal with, but I also have a V16 DK I like to tank with, and a V16 NB/V9 Sorc that I like to DPS with. I don't want to feel pigeon hole'd into only using my Templar in dungeons, and people who have a lower level character dedicated for pure crafting shouldn't be penalized for it.

There should at least be a small % chance for these things to drop for every character
    Edited by Alphashado on October 20, 2015 8:36AM
    Options