Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Cyrodiil performance

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Last night and this morning, Cyrodil is unplayable, extreme lag, can't bring up a map, can't activate a shrine to move, can't swap weapons and can't get the wayshrine to work.

Daily event
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How it even possible. Each patch should increse perfomance, but instead it decreasing.
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning patch- mail stone where PvP fall began. Something in that patch is the reason of Cyrolag and it's very, VERY embarrassing that after all this time reason of lag hasn't been found and fixed.
    #MillionReasonsToPlay
    Edited by Lettigall on October 31, 2015 10:01PM
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday evening (pc-eu) cyrodiil unplayable...again
    Two active campaigns... two laglands... event fighting groups of 15 !
    Players logging off...

Do something zos !
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I will record a video of the lag going on today i think and release it tmr so ALL ppl can think twice before they buy this broken product. ZOS does not seem interested to fix it at all
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    they didnt care the past one and a half year, why should they now? better put some new costumes and mounts in the shop.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was in Trueflame last night (NA) and it was unplayable at certain points, like when both DC and EP came to Roe to dethrone our emp... by the time EP flipped the keep none of us AD could do much of anything. It was bad.

Would have been an epic fight if the lag didn't screw it up.

I think that if most of us had to choose between PvP now with whatever you put into the Lighting patch and reverting to how it was before that patch... I think you know ZoS what us players would choose... in an overwhelming number. I get that you're trying to do both, have whatever you put in that, now famous, patch and also have PvP the way it was but... I am not sure it's going to happen and you're losing good PvPers over it.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on November 1, 2015 3:05PM
    Options
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah - Cyrodiil seems to be worse the past couple of days. Yesterday was the worst I've seen it in a long time though. Hate that sinking feeling when you're mid-battle and realize that everyone around you is frozen and you are the only one moving - you know what's coming next. Or the constant rubber banding as your group moves from place to place. I lost so much AP last night because of the lab.
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    An issue was addressed in today's patch regarding zones that have been up for extended periods of time having performance issues whether they're in PVE or PVP. Yes, we know this won't fix it flat out and yes, we're still getting changes made to abilities for better efficiency that we want to get to you sooner than later.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An issue was addressed in today's patch regarding zones that have been up for extended periods of time having performance issues whether they're in PVE or PVP. Yes, we know this won't fix it flat out and yes, we're still getting changes made to abilities for better efficiency that we want to get to you sooner than later.

Thanks for letting us know. On a side note, why would you wait for a big dlc patch to release fixes like this one, however small they may be? You have a broken PvP community here that is dying for any news, and frankly we'd be glad to have patches every week with attemps to fix things, even if they aren't fully tested. It would at least show us that you are trying, and would give us a bit more faith in your work.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that reply @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    I suggest you take a look on Alcast vids here if you have not seen them already:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/228192/eso-lag-02-11-15-performance-issues-it-is-getting-worse-with-every-new-patch#latest

We have hundreds of accounts in our alliance guild (Alliances - pc/eu)
    We are loosing players from pvp warbands to the lag... like everyday.
    Edited by prootch on November 2, 2015 3:06PM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the FYI @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Normally this would give me encouragement, but the problem is for every step forward like this that is made, each patch apparently brings us two steps back in the performance and response department. Outside of the dread 4FPS patch of 1.3 (1.4?) I can't think of a time where performance has been worse in Cyrodiil.

It's the #1 issue for every PvPer who is still playing in Cyrodiil. Don't you guys have something drastic you could do to make the Cyrodiil zones playable until you guys can isolate and correct the root cause? I don't think anyone will care if you take all the lighting sources out of the map, wolves, deer, or whatever....we can fight in the shade and be happy. If the issue is computations for LoS checks for AoE or AoE Caps then these things should be removed post haste.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    This fix had a lot of embedded server work that couldn't simply be merged over into an incremental live update, and required a full build.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on November 2, 2015 3:12PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and if long existing cycles of a destinguish instance are a problem (as every PvPer said for months) why don´t you force a daily instance restart by a campaign "reboot" or in worst case a daily server reboot at some odd early morning timestamp?
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This fix had a lot of embedded server work that couldn't simply be merged over into an incremental live update, and required a full build.

fair enough
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably going to sound dumb, but want to understand, so here I go!

What is considered a zone in Cyrodiil?

Fort Ash, Fort Ash Grounds, Fort Ash Farm for example; are those three separate zones? Or is a zone separated by a loading screen like when I enter Quickwater Cave?

Thank you!
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Fort Ash, Fort Ash Grounds, Fort Ash Farm for example; are those three separate zones? Or is a zone separated by a loading screen like when I enter Quickwater Cave?

Thank you!

If you see a legit loading screen with a game tip and a significant wait time, you have entered a new zone. Farms and Keeps are not zones, they are merely locations within a zone, Cyrodiil.

You can think of a zone as a blade on a mega server. The mega server is made up of multiple blades. When you enter a loading screen, your character is being handed off by one blade to another.

A blade is basically a bare bones super computer that's made up of multiple processors and a motherboard. A mega server is made up of multiple blades. Sometimes the workload of single high density zone can be divided between multiple blades, and sometimes a single blade can handle multiple low density zones.

removing-blade-server-in-high-density-facility.jpg
    Edited by Xeven on November 2, 2015 4:10PM
    Options
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So loading screens and lag fixed?
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So loading screens and lag fixed?
    Naive-Naive-people.jpg

Edited by Cinbri on November 2, 2015 4:59PM
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Brian for trying to give us something.

Can you please tell us why the Combat Developer never speaks to us? I dont get it. It is not because they are fixing things. I can tell you that. If he is that busy, then where are the Customer Service people?

I can tell you one thing, if this game was about to release, your company would sure as heck be in here answering questions to get our money. So please get some people in here. Or just tell us the truth that it cant be fixed.

If he is trying and failing then cant he come on here and post what they tried? There are some very smart gamers and programmers on here.

Someone actually made a Lag Simulator. It was way over my head but it seemed legit. Last i checked there was no response. It looked like it proved that a lot of the lag could be fixed by removing AoE caps.

No response though that i remember.
    Options
  • FlyingApron
    Xeven wrote: »
    Psilent wrote: »

Thank you!

If you see a legit loading screen with a game tip and a significant wait time, you have entered a new zone. Farms and Keeps are not zones, they are merely locations within a zone, Cyrodiil.

You can think of a zone as a blade on a mega server. The mega server is made up of multiple blades. When you enter a loading screen, your character is being handed off by one blade to another.

A blade is basically a bare bones super computer that's made up of multiple processors and a motherboard. A mega server is made up of multiple blades. Sometimes the workload of single high density zone can be divided between multiple blades, and sometimes a single blade can handle multiple low density zones.

removing-blade-server-in-high-density-facility.jpg

A barebone refers to a computer/server casing without any components.
    A blade or supercomputer is definitely not a barebone, as it has components installed.
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A barebone refers to a computer/server casing without any components.
    A blade or supercomputer is definitely not a barebone, as it has components installed.
    No it doesn't. That would be called a case. If you are referring to how retailers use the term, a bare bones system is usually a motherboard processor ram case combo. In this context I am using the term as it is defined:

bare-bones
    adjective
    adjective: bare-bones; adjective: barebones
    reduced to or comprising only the basic or essential elements of something.

As in there is no individual power supply, keyboard, monitor, etc for each blade.

Edited by Xeven on November 2, 2015 6:55PM
    Options
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Options
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭

inb4 "2 years ago" ... kewl.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
    Options