The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why does daggerfall covenant suck so much? (Xbox One NA)

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is plenty of room for both CN and VE on DC. Especially in Azura's where you can have a yellow army fighting up north from Roebeck and an EP army with its hemorrhoids flaring and pushing west from Chalman. All at the same time.

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NPK Daniel wrote: »
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to remember winning Azura 3 out of 4 before VE ever showed up.

Insinuating VE is saving our faction is insulting and obviously not true as our Win/Loss record before they arrived was....winning.

Seeing all these post about the Daniel zerg just makes me want to really Daniel zerg you into the ground. Maybe you guys forgot what it looks like when I have 2-3 full raids running behind me? I'd be happy to show you again :-)

I run with pretty much the same 16-20 people every single night now. But some people are "hurt" bc they lose -- So they scream "rawr you zerged us".

Allah akbar out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-rnWLkSXo

I mean, you're right and you're wrong.

On the one hand, no one guild can save a faction. For my own sanity's sake and for all the trouble that this took I certainly hope we're helping. I think we pull a solid share of the load when we're online. But no we can't and haven't single handedly swooped in to save DC or some *** like that.

On the other side of things, when we re-rolled Havoc was in full swing, hopping 2-3 servers in a night and clearing them red to Fare and Glademist. They had three Emps on three campaigns, if you weren't EP you weren't winning (which again, comes back to the reroll--between us, Nexus and Havoc we just weren't needed on EP at all). We weren't nearly at full strength by the time DC won that first azura's campaign, but we were certainly active and played our role. Future campaigns saw us engage Haxus, GoS and other guilds off of Azuras, which opened up a lot of space for everyone.

Again, no one guild can really do much of anything in this game. I remember having VE, Havoc, Pride and IR all on the same server and still sitting at Arrius trying to push out (if you want to talk frustrating, THAT was frustrating). Winning a campaign is a team effort, always will be, and VE is happy to work with anyone who's willing to work with us to keep DC strong. Over n Out.
    Edited by Satiar on November 11, 2015 6:24PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys kind of did it to yourself, and it's up to YOU to repair the relationship with DC.

Coming in Azura day one with the "VE best DC guild" spewing in zone was a bad start and not a good look. Then you start on me with the "Daniel zerg bah" stuff.... Of course my people are looking for something to pick on you about....And you're just feeding them by showing up now and then on your red toons in Azura. What's even more hillarious is people in your guild before this whole divide rolled with me sometimes too....Why don't you ask them how many we roll with, instead of getting all hype about stuff you don't know about.

Then I try to explain the divide and I get the response "VE is the best DC guild"....wha? A little humility would go a longgggggg way in repairing the relationship.

And we're not even getting into the whole Yonkit thing, or whatever jabroni he lets us his forum account too, which is probably him anyway. His people (or him, whatever) signing into my TS while I'm vacation and following my people around in the sewers while listening to them in TS and telling them how bad they are? Trashcan.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    The DC seems like it got to pick last when it came to the factions.
    The races didn't appeal to me.
    But I will say I enjoyed the DC storyline when leveling through the Daggerfall Covenant.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a personal messaging function on this website, use it and quit making the guilds look petty. Half the reason I joined VE is because of the sheer classiness put forth by it's members and the lack of ego.

Like I said in an earlier thread, people in VE saying VE is the best is simply guild pride, can't shame anyone for that. It's not like they made a Wiki page ranking all NA guilds, threw themselves at the top of the list, and spun it off to the public as 100% non-fiction.
    'Chaos
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a personal messaging function on this website, use it and quit making the guilds look petty. Half the reason I joined VE is because of the sheer classiness put forth by it's members and the lack of ego.

Like I said in an earlier thread, people in VE saying VE is the best is simply guild pride, can't shame anyone for that. It's not like they made a Wiki page ranking all NA guilds, threw themselves at the top of the list, and spun it off to the public as 100% non-fiction.

Bro i get that, but when you're having a conversation with someone about the divide that's obviously not the right response...lol
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you guys kind of did it to yourself, and it's up to YOU to repair the relationship with DC.

Coming in Azura day one with the "VE best DC guild" spewing in zone was a bad start and not a good look. Then you start on me with the "Daniel zerg bah" stuff.... Of course my people are looking for something to pick on you about....And you're just feeding them by showing up now and then on your red toons in Azura. What's even more hillarious is people in your guild before this whole divide rolled with me sometimes too....Why don't you ask them how many we roll with, instead of getting all hype about stuff you don't know about.

Then I try to explain the divide and I get the response "VE is the best DC guild"....wha? A little humility would go a longgggggg way in repairing the relationship.

And we're not even getting into the whole Yonkit thing, or whatever jabroni he lets us his forum account too, which is probably him anyway. His people (or him, whatever) signing into my TS while I'm vacation and following my people around in the sewers while listening to them in TS and telling them how bad they are? Trashcan.

FIRST: If you look through my post history, you can see that as a VE lead I've apologized publicly for some of the things said in zone or on forums at the time of the reroll. It was an intense time for the guild, emotions were high, some people were out of line. I put them back in line, it was handled, and than I apologized. If that is not enough for you, than I don't know what you want.

SECOND: I'm not going to apologize for any of you privately telling us that we believe we are the best DC guild. We're allowed to have pride in what we've created, and I think we've earned the right to call ourselves elite. Public boasting isn't cool, but if you can't handle someone in VE feeling that we are the best guild on the server, than again, i don't know what you want. Seems overly petty to me.

THIRD: I know how many you roll, and how many you used to roll. I've fought you on Red, and I've fought along side you. You run less now and I like it, more than one raid in one spot is excessive and I won't budge on that point.

FOURTH: We do not raid on our red toons. I repeat, we do not raid on our red toons. I don't know why you're parroting this, or where the hell it got started, but the biggest presence VE has had on red since the reroll is me and two original VE members messing around in zone late night and chilling with old friends we left behind. Again, to make an issue of that is ridiculous, which is why I find the drama you and the people in your guild make of it in zone chat and on the forums to be spiteful and petty.

In all, we've tried to work with all DC guilds. Some have been receptive, some have not been, and that's fine. But the sins you put on us have already been addressed, it's old news and it's silly to continue holding them against us.

• _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bro i get that, but when you're having a conversation with someone about the divide that's obviously not the right response...lol

Understandable, I highly suggest the conversations with "the divide" be between leaders though if you want any conversation with substance. I look forward to coordinating again soon.
    'Chaos
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭

Understandable, I highly suggest the conversations with "the divide" be between leaders though if you want any conversation with substance. I look forward to coordinating again soon.

I was approached by one of YOUR leaders that started that convo. They came at me as if representing the whole guild.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoever was spouting "VE best DC guild" in zone was certainly not doing it with our guild leadership's approval, and I hope you can tell the difference between what an individual decides to type and what a guild as a whole thinks. There is no need for us to get into e-peen fencing contests when we are on the same team. Furthermore, we see nothing wrong with our players playing on their red alts. When they do so, they do so out of their own choice and we don't fault them for this. VE only runs raids on DC, full stop.

If someone in our guild is harassing you via tells or in your TS, let us know. That is the sort of behavior that gets people talked to and potentially removed. We firmly believe in good sport among both allies and competitors.

Y is also at fault for allowing someone else post on his forum account. He understood the risks but he probably did not understand the potential fallout. If Y indeed got into your TS and harassed you (which I severely doubt he did ... it was probably Panda) then that is absolutely unacceptable by VE standards.

I feel most of our conflict at the moment is due to miscommunication more than us having any real beef. I hope we can smooth this over :)
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was approached by one of YOUR leaders that started that convo. They came at me as if representing the whole guild.

If your conversation was with one of our leaders, than it's highly inappropriate to make that private conversation public. Especially if your only grievance is that he has guild pride in what we've made.

• CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i get that, but looking at it from our perspective now, having all the info.... I think we can all agree you guys would react the same way too.
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

If your conversation was with one of our leaders, than it's highly inappropriate to make that private conversation public. Especially if your only grievance is that he has guild pride in what we've made.

Well you can't say a VE leader would never say that, now say oh they said it but you shouldn't tell others. The only way we fix this is with open dialog. This type of back forth is what got us to where we are meow.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i get that, but looking at it from our perspective now, having all the info.... I think we can all agree you guys would react the same way too.

Egos often flair in competitive contexts and thus people can often speak/type without thinking. What was said in a moment of passion does not represent how VE as an entity feels about you or CN nor does it reflect our intentions for the future. We would like to cooperate with DC and all its guilds, CN included. I do hope we get past this.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that the bolded above should read CN instead of DC since the majority of DC don't seem to have a problem with us.....then or now. Also, instead of it just being up to VE to repair our relationship with CN....it's up to ALL of US (VE and CN) to work on stopping the negative zone chat and unnecessary garbage whispers (very doable since we are all adults I think). No one in VE asks for any AD or EP endorsements such as what we've seen on the forums. That sort of reputation/respect comes from fighting with or fighting against someone tooth and nail over a long course of time. Humility works both ways and until you understand that......like Steve said....I don't know what to tell you. Here's to taking more objectives and having a fun time in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Huckdabuck on November 11, 2015 8:30PM
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone can we please just forget the past so we can have a place for the future. I don't care which guild said what or which guild started these issues but if we cant stop arguing then our two guilds will continue to fight and only divide the DC population even more. VE thank you for coming over to DC to help balance out our population and CN thank you for welcoming me into the guild I have had a blast everyday I've fought with you and I will do my best to help improve guild in anyway I can.
    Edited by imredneckson on November 11, 2015 8:31PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well you can't say a VE leader would never say that, now say oh they said it but you shouldn't tell others. The only way we fix this is with open dialog. This type of back forth is what got us to where we are meow.

Daniel, seriously. You're sharing snippets of a private conversation i wasn't part of on a public forum, that's not open dialogue and it's inappropriate. I'll stand behind what was said, I think we are the best. Nothing wrong in believing that. But if it is such a large deal to you, continue it with me in back channels please.

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so going to slay every one of you for ruining my popcorn fest and turning it into Kumbaya.

How dare you.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I am so going to slay every one of you for ruining my popcorn fest and turning it into Kumbaya.

How dare you.

Come to Chalamo!
    It's a very grey area.
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭

Daniel, seriously. You're sharing snippets of a private conversation i wasn't part of on a public forum, that's not open dialogue and it's inappropriate. I'll stand behind what was said, I think we are the best. Nothing wrong in believing that. But if it is such a large deal to you, continue it with me in back channels please.

Here in lies the problem. Wasn't even you. How many of you speak officially for VE? So many of y'all pst me with the "I'm VE officer" how am I supposed to know who represents the guild and who is the new r3cruit.... which probably contributes significantly to the confusion of who is making statements on the guilds behalf and who isnt.....
  • Asteria2
    Asteria2
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! Grow up! This is a video game! Do you guys really have nothing better to do then bash each other on a forum?
    Edited by Asteria2 on November 23, 2015 5:44PM
    Sarulina Grayaire (v15 AD Sorc)
    Saru Gray (v16 EP Sorc)
    Saru Grey (v16 EP Temp)
    Sarulina Gray (v14 EP NB)
    Saru Gráy (v13 DC Sorc)
    Sáru Gray (v7 EP Sorc)
    Gargoyle (v9 DC NB)
    Saro Gray (baby EP DK)

Havoc
    Viva la Venatus
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here in lies the problem. Wasn't even you. How many of you speak officially for VE? So many of y'all pst me with the "I'm VE officer" how am I supposed to know who represents the guild and who is the new r3cruit.... which probably contributes significantly to the confusion of who is making statements on the guilds behalf and who isnt.....

Ask actual officers such as Bulb, Steve, Ghost, Kirin, Kirsi, Winnie or BBQ if person X is an officer.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on November 11, 2015 11:49PM
    DARFAL COVANT
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! Grow up! This is a video game! Do you guys really have nothing better to do then bash each other on a forum?

This is actually a pretty civil conversation thus far, no thanks to your need to announce your presence.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Asteria2
    Asteria2
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, "civil"

As I said before this is a video game. It really isn't that important.

Now I will wait patiently for the next bash... b/c that is what members of the eso community do to each other.
    Edited by Asteria2 on September 13, 2016 6:18AM
    Sarulina Grayaire (v15 AD Sorc)
    Saru Gray (v16 EP Sorc)
    Saru Grey (v16 EP Temp)
    Sarulina Gray (v14 EP NB)
    Saru Gráy (v13 DC Sorc)
    Sáru Gray (v7 EP Sorc)
    Gargoyle (v9 DC NB)
    Saro Gray (baby EP DK)

Havoc
    Viva la Venatus
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you now can we please get back to killing the AD and EP as one faction
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is getting out of hand guys. Let's not get crazy. The point is we need more DC players. That's the point I was trying to make. It seems like our alliance is too quick to jump ship to another campaign and that's leading to us not having too many options left in terms of campaigns that are actually viable for us to pvp in. We're getting overrun.
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is actually a pretty civil conversation thus far, no thanks to your need to announce your presence.

As I said before this is a video game. It really isn't that important.

Now I will wait patiently for the next bash... b/c that is what members of the eso community do to each other.

I mean, you just came in, bashed us and told us to grow up. Not even your fight.
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on November 19, 2015 6:20AM

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about you all cut the bull[snip] out and fight as THE COVENANT? There is no friendly fire in ESO PvP anyways, you aren't going to get any digital satisfaction. THE COVENANT NEEDS CN and VE to work together in order to have a chance. Unlike the AD and EP whose guilds are at their core generally much larger than any DC guild (especially the AD ones), DC needs CN, VE, etc to all be on the same page. When an AD or EP guild makes a scroll or emp push they are going up against THE COVENANT. When the Covenant makes a push we are usually going up against a single EP or AD guild. See the difference in what I just said? DC must have everyone working together.

YOU WILL ALL GET ALONG, YOU WILL ALL WORK TOGETHER TO FURTHER THE COVENANT'S MISSION, AND YOU WILL ALL LIKE IT! I DEMAND IT! AND IF NOT? YOU WILL SUFFER ME.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on November 11, 2015 9:57PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to respond further to this thread. If people want to carry on in back channels with me, you are more than welcome but there's been enough public nonsense. Again, and for the record, if you have troubles with VE or someone in VE, please contact me ingame or on the forums. I'm happy to take care of things and settle matters as best I can, but once things come to zone bashing or forum nonsense it's a whole new issue.

Take care, have fun.

• Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Forum PvP is better and more sporting than the PvP we get in game. :)
    It's a very grey area.