The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why does daggerfall covenant suck so much? (Xbox One NA)

Infinite12
Infinite12
✭✭✭✭
I have 2 characters (my only 2) on DC and pvp'ing is brutal on this faction. They're so incredibly disorganized it's ridiculous. Every campaign I go into we get dominated. Seems like everyone just wants to sit in skull of corruption and fight npc's. It really sucks. Does anything think ZOS will move my player from dc to one of the other factions if I ask nicely?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
Edited by Infinite12 on November 13, 2015 7:48PM
[GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
My Characters
Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I have 2 characters (my only 2) on DC and pvp'ing is brutal on this faction. They're so incredibly disorganized it's ridiculous. Every campaign I go into we get dominated. Seems like everyone just wants to sit in skull of corruption and fight npc's. It really sucks. Does anything think ZOS will move my player from dc to one of the other factions if I ask nicely?

Not a chance in hell. Welcome to DC where there are few warriors and a vast sea of casual wraith suckers.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on September 30, 2015 12:12AM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but ask yourself, would you really want to live with those filthy *** inbred elves?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want to put you finer on the scale and tip it even more? Or do you want to help balance it and be a bad ass?
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facts:

DC has Redguard, stamina master race.
    AD has High Elf, magicka master race.
    EP has nothing except the horde of nerds who thought this was Skyrim II.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had a lot of fun pvping with my DC character on Blackwater Blade, but the reality is that times we would have great organization and at other times no organization at all.

Sometimes we wouldn't have a single guild running a group, and really there were only two guilds that ran groups regularly, only one of which insisted on teamspeak comms. Players would have no idea where the action was and would just wander around between objectives trying to find someone to gank. Contrast this to what I saw on the AD side with my other alts -- groups constantly forming and recruiting, at least 4 different major guilds organizing groups and almost all of these requiring TS. I felt that in DC we had enough numbers to make a difference, but consistently no one with the initiative to take charge of groups and lead people to the right place at the right time. I ran with a few people who were good leaders in my time there, but ultimately found the players there a little too disinterested.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Facts:

Imperial is the master race for pretty much everything besides Magicka sorcerer so don't kid yourself with that Redguard crap. Anyway you can buy the pack that lets you be any race so the alliance restricted race stuff doesn't really matter.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Infinite12 PS4 NA Azura Star and Chillrend seem balanced. Depends on who's playing. Some nights we (EP) get crushed all around. And on those nights, DC seems very smart and flag two close by keeps at the same time so that revive is farther away. Some nights AD and EP do the same. Emperorship changes constantly. Scrolls move and zergs attack.

And when you get invited to a group that is mostly guild members, you'll get invited to the guild and have a bunch of friends to PvP with on most days.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on September 29, 2015 7:11PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facts:

Argonians do have rather lovely scaly tails- they are excellent for grabbing onto. Also, Dark Elves were master race magicka DK's until fairly recently, since magicka DK is now slightly less threatening than these cuddly little fluffballs:
    5738282078_7517f46597_b.jpg
    Edited by hammayolettuce on September 30, 2015 12:12AM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facts:

Argonians do have rather lovely scaly tails. They are excellent for grabbing on to. Also, Dark Elves were master race magicka DK's until fairly recently, since magicka DK is now slightly less threatening than these cuddly little fluffballs: http://lovemeow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/5738282078_7517f46597_b.jpg

Argonians: Swimming master race, OP
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope, you're stuck. DC has good groups, but they don't home specifically in one location (at least from what I see). They move from campaign to campaign, looking for good fights and TV stones.

Suru
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    Facts:

Imperial is the master race for pretty much everything besides Magicka sorcerer so don't kid yourself with that Redguard crap. Anyway you can buy the pack that lets you be any race so the alliance restricted race stuff doesn't really matter.

Imperial is the most balanced race because you can easily got magicka or stamina but Redguard is the best for stamina sustainability.
    Edited by imredneckson on September 29, 2015 7:47PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You really need to specify platform and region whenever you talk about anything PvP. PC - NA? XB1 - EU, PS4-NA? PC-EU? Etc. The dominant factions and the factions with few players can vary from megaserver to megaserver. I know DC struggles on PC - NA, but I think I have heard that DC is very good on PC - EU.

I do think that ZOS have made a big mistake in how population imbalances are handled. They seem to want to leave it to the player base to balance things out. Which is like expecting Tom Brady to voluntarily go to the Cleveland Browns. Basically, the dominant factions get pretty much every bonus imaginable. There is simply no reason to switch factions unless you like to nerf yourself or like to lose a lot. And nobody does.

If the bonuses were handled different, it might not be that way. What if the dominant faction got higher stats (spell damage, armor, etc.), but the underdog factions got a big boost to XP or AP? Instead of the dominant faction getting more of everything? What if the dominant faction got better gear at end of campaign, but underdog factions got better Rewards for the Worthy? I have not put any deep thought into this. They could be bad ideas for some reason. But hopefully you see what I am getting at.

But right now, there are a lot of incentives for new players to join the dominant factions or for existing players to roll new characters in the dominant faction. On the other side, there are a lot of disincentives for new players to join underdog factions or for existing players to roll new characters in underdog factions.

I know that in an ideal world, players would only care about high quality PvP between evenly-matched opponents. But we do not live in an ideal world. We live in a world of carrots and sticks. And it is all carrots for the dominant factions and all sticks for the underdog factions. Until ZOS changes that, the population imbalances will persist. The buff campaigns will persist.

And I laugh at the thought of faction changes in game or in the crown store somehow solving things. For every 20 people who switch factions looking for more balanced PvP, there will be 100 who use the chance to jump to the dominant faction. And population imbalances will get worse. Because, as I said, there are so many advantages to being on the winning side. And so many disadvantages to being the underdog.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a similar thread some time ago, ill just repeat what i said ~

"DC has the best players, it also has the worst of the worst. "

That is the reason why most of the campaigns are derping. The good guys are spread out throughout heavily outnumbered campaigns doing their own thing, while some 100 sit in Azuras Cyrodiil and barely manage to keep off 20 random EP/AD.

~ @Niekas ~

• Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dagoth_Rac NA, XBOX ONE
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So DC is underpop on XBox aswell? why no one like us :(
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They haven't learned the stratagem of 90% of EP yet.

Step 1: Bring More people than your opposition.
    Step 2: Rez each other like you are zombies.

If during step 2 there is resistance have half your hoard stand around you with healing springs/barrier so your zombie blood lust can continue.
    - Mojican
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what server you're on but im on ps4 eu and there are some very skilled DC playees, was a lot of fun to have small amd large battles with them before 1.7. AD on the otherhand is just stacking raids day after day,boring as hell.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    Facts:

Argonians do have rather lovely scaly tails. They are excellent for grabbing on to. Also, Dark Elves were master race magicka DK's until fairly recently, since magicka DK is now slightly less threatening than these cuddly little fluffballs: http://lovemeow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/5738282078_7517f46597_b.jpg

Argonians: Swimming master race, OP

yeah they really need to nerf that swim speed
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be you, OP. But on PC - NA, Azura's went from being red blocked to mostly blue last night in a four hour time frame against the red zerg. Yellow also woke up and was the only reason why when I left that we didn't have a blue Emp. I know of four guilds that were running and they were rather organized. There was even a new guild or two spamming recruiting in zone. It felt good to be able to see the map no longer red blocked and considering the only places we were completely wiped was in Ghartok temple and Mnim temple... Yes, we tried both on a few occasions. For some reason, that was the only places we were repelled successfully. It would be only fair if they had lost the scrolls. Just because you don't see the progress doesn't mean that it is not there.
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial city killed the campaigns. The current azura is a write off every one is guesting scourge for stones or like us trolling thorn blade as guest but in azura it's dead everyone is grinding . I'm taking a break to play mgs5 and Tony hawks the grind isn't fun to me I'll play catch up at a later date crafting costs are ridiculous. Eups4 btw
    Edited by Junglejim82 on September 30, 2015 8:44AM
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 EU, Ebonheart Pact

I often had a similar feeling, playing in Chillrend, where the yellows pre-patch pushed back everyone to their home campaign, dancing under the walls of them, sipping tea and eating cooking, and steamrolling everyone who was stupid enough to jump down alone.

It was a state of ap farming, where the yellows were munching on those looners jumping down, and the EP was bombarding them with catapults.

Sometimes it was funny to watch. Felt like it was a dodge-roll academy for the yellows, coming there to train against catapults.

But in the end, none of the EP bothered to show some organization, and leave via the other gate, hitting undefended targets.
    They just kept dropping down the wall being butchered, ressed and did the same for hours.

Maybe that was the point of it. Insta-deathmatch without the need of riding.
    Where I stood it looked pretty stupid.

(Especially when a group of four managed to flag an enemy yellow castle, "under siege", and after a good hour none of our so-called comerades showed up. They continued dropping from the wall being smashed. Like NPCs)
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • capcody
    capcody
    ✭✭✭
    on most of the mmos that are out there. u will come across 80% + of players who are idiots in pvp. i have to put up with them on a daily basis. heres a few examples... if your getting low hp by a player. a dc pug will come along and charge into battle with out thinking.. and no heal assist no peel assist ( crowd control ). and when u see allot of dc with u, u push ahead making the enemies run away, then when things get heated when u need to run. its that time were u look around wtf. were has dc all gone there either all dead or ran away. u hear so many complaints omg i cant pvp or this guy beat me. my gear sucks.. its simple to fit in.. slap a heal assist on your bar and a cc to assist your faction. or hell even warhorn will do. but yea not many brainy players out there. u need to find the goods and play with them, then run down all the bads on other factions. hehe.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dagoth_Rac NA, XBOX ONE
    What campaign do you even play then if you play DC on Xbox 1.This isn't true at all.Go to hade we we won the last couple campaigns that's really is the only competitive campaign on that and Scrounge kinda.I will admit DC has some of the best and worst leaders of all three faction's from what I seen.The can lead several groups successful and win battles but when it comes to working together that's when everything falls apart.It seems DC leaders can't stand each other and all just want the glory.When we work together and I don't mean just zerging I mean coordinated attacks we are unstoppable and Ad and EP knows it.

Let me tell you this DC was in Chillrend for a month or two everyday we would push EP back a and take our and AD scrolls back.Only reason we couldn't win the Campaign was because of EP night capping the entire Map and DC having barely anyone to defend what we have taken.Also the 3 DC Guilds that were their 2 250 man guilds and 1 500 man guild.the Two 250 man Guild could not stand 500 man Guild leader who couldn't zerg his way out of a wet paper bag.DC infighting and lack of communication when it counts is what's wrong with DC.When DC is all working together we are unstoppable.
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC are underdogs, always have been.

Reminds me of hibs in daoc... problem is can't combat the under population with skill as damage caps in place (gives numbers priority > over skill /sadface at 'CODafying' an MMO)... fix it Zenimax it has been long enough.
    Edited by Nijjion on September 30, 2015 11:12AM
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be earth shattering, but... What if.... And I mean a big what if... The people who complain about not getting group invites, formed their own group and, like, totally started teaming together and coordinate and whatevs. You could evens, like totally push the "G" key and stuff and create your own guild and stuff.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »
    DC are underdogs, always have been.

Reminds me of hibs in daoc... problem is can't combat the under population with skill as damage caps in place (gives numbers priority > over skill /sadface at 'CODafying' an MMO)... fix it Zenimax it has been long enough.

One of the things I loved about playing a Hib in DAoC. Could ALWAYS find a group focused enough to wreak havoc on larger groups (Bards yay.) Not to say one can't do that currently in ESO... It's just a vastly different approach to do so.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]

Telel has found that if you want people to get better, and not merely hide behind them as they do the real work, you must do two things.

1) Lead a group of your own.

2) Take time to show people how it's done, and do so yourself.

I.E: if you want them to siege you need to be the one using siege. If you want them to not stand in the breach and get oil on their heads you need to have the happy parts, and the skill, to push in and up.

Overall this one finds merely screaming into the air accomplishes little more than getting funny looks from the lady who just sold this one more moon sugar candies. Though it can be most cathartic.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1.) Watch the OFFICIAL FENGRUSH TWITCH CHANNEL

2.) Copy everything FENGRUSH does to the AD and EP

3.) Start forums thread titled "Why Does Dagerfall Covenant Win So Much"
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.) Watch the OFFICIAL FENGRUSH TWITCH CHANNEL

2.) Copy everything FENGRUSH does to the AD and EP

3.) Start forums thread titled "Why Does Dagerfall Covenant Win So Much"

Telel would disagree with this plan immensely but for the fact the OP is on Xbox and thus unable to smash in the head of a poor innocent khajiit..

every few seconds...

for hours on end...
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facts:

Which is why we skool all you green scrubs...constantly.