Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

To those who think dark cloak needs a nerf.

• nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with Cloak is its counters are just garbage skills, the problem isn't with Cloak itself.

Radiant Magelight simply doesn't have a large enough detection radius.

Revealing Flare is simply too easy to avoid and is a useless skill outside of finding Nightblades.
    '
    All the skills used to fight Nightblades GIMP YOU against every other class.

Using a Gap Closer to fight a Bolt Escaping Sorc does not gimp you in fighting Nightblades, DK, or Templars. Using Revealing Flare or RML(2 slots) Gimps you against fighting all other classes and in the case of RML your forced to give up 5% of your max magic and 2 skill slots just to counter one ability and you are then gimped against every othert class.

Nightblades have to make no such sacrifice.

Instead of nerfing Cloak, how about making Cloak's counters more viable so your not gimped when fighting 75% of the games classes. RML and Revealing Flare is useless against Sorcs, DK's, and Templar's. After testing RML last night for the 1st time since 1.6, the skill is simply not worth it, im going back to Inner Light...i'd be better off to stand right on top of the Nightblade with Thunder Form then to be standing right on top of him with RML, Thunderform doesn't cost me 2 skill slots and gimp me against every other class in the game.

Again this is NOT a nerf Cloak post, this is a make Cloak's counters more viable in more situations post. As it stands right now, you have to give up far too much to counter Cloak. The skills gimp you too much.

that... yeah no... i agree make counters better than nerfing. but this is ZOS... its nerf or nothing
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with Cloak is its counters are just garbage skills, the problem isn't with Cloak itself.

Revealing Flare is simply too easy to avoid and is a useless skill outside of finding Nightblades.
    '

Using a Gap Closer to fight a Bolt Escaping Sorc does not gimp you in fighting Nightblades, DK, or Templars. Using Revealing Flare or RML(2 slots) Gimps you against fighting all other classes and in the case of RML your forced to give up 5% of your max magic and 2 skill slots just to counter one ability and you are then gimped against every othert class.

Instead of nerfing Cloak, how about making Cloak's counters more viable so your not gimped when fighting 75% of the games classes. RML and Revealing Flare is useless against Sorcs, DK's, and Templar's. After testing RML last night for the 1st time since 1.6, the skill is simply not worth it, im going back to Inner Light...i'd be better off to stand right on top of the Nightblade with Thunder Form then to be standing right on top of him with RML, Thunderform doesn't cost me 2 skill slots and gimp me against every other class in the game.

Again this is NOT a nerf Cloak post, this is a make Cloak's counters more viable in more situations post. As it stands right now, you have to give up far too much to counter Cloak. The skills gimp you too much.

that... yeah no... i agree make counters better than nerfing. but this is ZOS... its nerf or nothing

Yeah pretty much, I don't want to see Cloak get the same 7 time nerf hammer Bolt Escape got.

Just make the counter skills more useful then just fighting Cloak and the problem solves itself, but nerfing Cloak will just be more of the same tactics that just simply won't work.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    Now rewrite you list and just add this skills which actually are usefull in pvp and being used.
    beside the bugged beasttrap

-facepalm- He just gave you a reason why they are useful in pvp ...... and before you rub your face on your keyboard those abilities have multi uses.
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
    Options
  • PrinceRyzen
    PrinceRyzen
    ✭✭✭

'

Using shield breaker against non shield wearers gimps you. Using harness Magicka against wrecking blow spammers gimps you. Are single skills suppose to be the answer for everything?

Sorcs shields get countered by shield breaker. Templars heals get hit with healing reductions? Anything else? Nightblades cloak is countered with detect potions, magelight, mark target, caltrops, revealing flare, any aoes, etc. to say Nightblades don't make sacrifices to counter other classes is false. Truth of the matter is there more counters for Nightblades than any other class.

Make potions that negate through sorcs shields, like detect sees through cloak. Make an AOE that prevents Templars from using heals like cal troops prevent cloak. Nightblades would gladly use them.

(No. I am NOT requesting those counters btw. Just discussion)
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

'

Using shield breaker against non shield wearers gimps you. Using harness Magicka against wrecking blow spammers gimps you. Are single skills suppose to be the answer for everything?

Sorcs shields get countered by shield breaker. Templars heals get hit with healing reductions? Anything else? Nightblades cloak is countered with detect potions, magelight, mark target, caltrops, revealing flare, any aoes, etc. to say Nightblades don't make sacrifices to counter other classes is false. Truth of the matter is there more counters for Nightblades than any other class.

Make potions that negate through sorcs shields, like detect sees through cloak. Make an AOE that prevents Templars from using heals like cal troops prevent cloak. Nightblades would gladly use them.

(No. I am NOT requesting those counters btw. Just discussion)

My thoughts exactly!
    And if you think using 5th set bonus to counter 1 class mechanic is great, like Shield breaker, by all means use Sentry set against cloaking. ;)
    Options
  • ProvenIconic
    If you really think about it as well.. nightblade have very low survivability without cloak. It the nightblade version of the templar heals, the sorcerers damage shields, and the tank like dk with its own self heal dragon blood.. a nightblade has ZERO survivability without cloak we have no class self heal unless we get kill with mark on them, we a damage based character so most use medium (or light if magicka) so have low physical resistance as is, and yes I know there are some heavy armor nightblade tanks buy they don't deal tremendous damage that causes people to complain how the class is op. We have the lowest survivability without our cloak, if you want us to be more balanced with everyone else, take away templar heals, dragonknight tanking ability, and sorcerer damage shields all together.. problem solved
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really think about it as well.. nightblade have very low survivability without cloak. It the nightblade version of the templar heals, the sorcerers damage shields, and the tank like dk with its own self heal dragon blood.. a nightblade has ZERO survivability without cloak we have no class self heal unless we get kill with mark on them, we a damage based character so most use medium (or light if magicka) so have low physical resistance as is, and yes I know there are some heavy armor nightblade tanks buy they don't deal tremendous damage that causes people to complain how the class is op. We have the lowest survivability without our cloak, if you want us to be more balanced with everyone else, take away templar heals, dragonknight tanking ability, and sorcerer damage shields all together.. problem solved

Please tell me those awesome class heals for stamina templars!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Blur, 20% dodge chance and can be morphed to provide bonus armor for its entire duration. Shadow Image, long range teleport that doesn't leave a neon trail pointing from where you were to where you ended up. Shadow Barrier, buffs armor on any shadow ability use and is the only class passive to reward a particular armor type. Dark Vigor, buffs max health per shadow ability slotted, goes real well with Shadow Barrier. Soul Siphoner, increases the power of your own heals.

NB's also have 2 strong burst heals that require killing a target (mark and killers blade) and they also have a lot going for them to be able to burst down for heals. Or NB's can chose to go the sustained route with things like strife (which buffs your healing for just being slotted) Siphoning Strikes, and who can forget the most loved skill of Sap-Tanks? NB's have so many options beyond cloak spam, and i'm not happy to see ZOS going around nerfing things but 1.) Cloak is the defense skill that got no nerf when all others did, 2.) NB's need to learn to look out from under their cloak and see they have other skills.
    Options
  • ProvenIconic
    So we going along the route that everyone else can say we'll those aren't good skills in pvp but nbs? Lol only good ones beside passives are the mark and an execute which relies on a kill when other self heals or add damage shield don't require a kill. The sqp-tanks in pvp.. give me a break they easy to kill. Siphoning strikes isn't horrible skill but really not one of the best skills to have on a stam nb, magicka I have been told was okay but not great, same thing from a few tanks. Mirage the other morph than blur does not add much armor at all either so can't compete with dk stuff. The damage scaling alone was nerf to stam nbs and so was dodge roll. myself I can only cloak 3 times with my class build so I have cloak as my need to get out now move especially as a stam nb we don't cloak much. If you seriously going to complain at least make the statement magicka characters only.. then we can say no magicka sorc can spam shield non stop, no templar can spam heals, and no magicka dk can spam magicka cost skills. We need to stop thinking this is call of duty and think "nerf everything" this is not cod.. the nbs did get some nerds ie the damage drop hurts nbs more than anyone since we solely built off damage dealing for the most class set ups in pvp. The dodge roll hurts everyone but I can tell you myself as stamina build it rough and hard to get used to because I dodge rolled in 1.6 more than I cloaked now it is close the equal due to the fact I need to alternate in fight more to be able to sustain. How about just complaining about wrecking blow needing nerf? I can't even use 2 handed anymore because I feel cheap, had to switch to dual wield. Got jumped by 5 guys in sewers other day and in kill feed I got hit by every one of them 3 times roughly by only wrecking blow. How about we complete about battle leveling? My opinion if you low level you shouldn't get such huge buff to be able to compete, maybe set the bar at a v9 at most battle level. How about we complain about how they killed regular pvp by not having separate servers? How about we complain about pve monsters ruining would be epic fights in imp city? How about we complain about the fact monster teeth drop rate is the worst chance of luck compared to other trophies? There are so many better thinks to complain about than a class specific thing.. that are much more needing a fix.. so please unless you say hey magicka nbs need clock nerf well if you templar say you can lower the amount I can spam my self heal to make it fair to nerf or sorc shields.. please just stop this and focus on how other more important things need fix first
    Options
  • ProvenIconic
    I mean complain about how they made refreshing shadows more viable class passive and added magicka recovery to it. I would love to go back to 30 percent stam recovery instead or having magicka too myself
    Options