Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

To those who think dark cloak needs a nerf.

• hardcore_gmr
    hardcore_gmr
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with a nerf to cloak...but this is a ongoing issue within the ESO community, especially as it relates to pvp, but the real problem is the large volume of players who would rather blame an ability for their death rather than any of the hundreds of other factors that contributed to their demise. It has to be that the skill is OP rather than the other player simply got the better of them in that encounter. Its easier to believe that a player has an unfair advantage rather than admit that perhaps you got outplayed. And because ZoS has to pander to the lowest common denomination of players, yes this skill will be nerfed much to the detriment of the game in general. All of a sudden it is reflective scales all over again and no matter how many practical counters that are named, some poor player will complain and others will agree, and ZoS will nerf. Its sad but is the nature of this beast, players will complain about skills they refuse to counter properly and ZoS will respond in their usual heavy handed way.

With that said, fear not NB's, we DK's understand what it's like to have players take away/reduce the usability of a valuable class skill....we'll be here to offer a shoulder when the nerf hits.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »
    M4life wrote: »
    I find it rather entertaining that in every single mmo ive ever played people always find the need to complain about the stealth/invisibility mechanic. As soon as theres something that allows a target to disappear from their view people freak out.

Wow Rogue class is a perfect explain, just look at how much up and down that class has gone through over the years.

Just remember it could be worse Nightblades could have a passive that upon attacking someone from stealth would allow them to remain in stealth hidden for 2-3 seconds while beating on whatever they are attacking.(Wow rogues can do this)

Every class in this game has their niche:
    Dks are durable as f**k = battle roar + dragon blood + ferocious leap
    Sorcs have their shields and teleport
    Templars have their heals
    Nightblades have stealth

I say stop worrying about what options another class has that you dont and start worrying about what you can do with your class to counter it. At the core there isnt 1 class better then the others, ive found success on every class against any class.

What i will agree with is within a particular class some builds are better then others. I say find what works for you and enjoy it.

This.

As a magicka nightblade, yes, i can "time" my cloak uses (not button spam) to remain "hidden" (not totally invis) indefinitely WITH ENOUGH REGEN but while i'm doing so i'm not dealing damage or helping my team in any way. Plus, i am not able to escape with cloak 100% of the time.

Idk if there is a duff from pc and console users but it seems to me tat Everyone i play against on ps4 know how to counter my cloak making it alot more risky for me to engage more than 1 enemy at a time. I agree that the people who complain about cloak are the same people who refuse to use the many tools available to them to counter it. Ofcourse those counters don't work 100% of the time but that woud be OP. The counters chance of success is higher in the hands of a more skilled player.

And please keep in mind, a NB that escapes is a NB that isn't killing you.

How can you tell what an invisible person is or is not doing? Least with bolt escape there was a clear line (or even a bread crumb trail) to see where they went.
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    @nordickittyhawk

you forgot teleport strike, use it on someone trying to stealth they can not and will die if keep trying. Done this alot of times in 1.7 aswell!

Cleave and its morphs.

And I do not understand why people want it nerfed, "Is there some way to counter cloak?"

Thank you sir for adding that
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    I find it rather entertaining that in every single mmo ive ever played people always find the need to complain about the stealth/invisibility mechanic. As soon as theres something that allows a target to disappear from their view people freak out.

Wow Rogue class is a perfect explain, just look at how much up and down that class has gone through over the years.

Just remember it could be worse Nightblades could have a passive that upon attacking someone from stealth would allow them to remain in stealth hidden for 2-3 seconds while beating on whatever they are attacking.(Wow rogues can do this)

Nightblades have stealth

I say stop worrying about what options another class has that you dont and start worrying about what you can do with your class to counter it. At the core there isnt 1 class better then the others, ive found success on every class against any class.

What i will agree with is within a particular class some builds are better then others. I say find what works for you and enjoy it.

This.

As a magicka nightblade, yes, i can "time" my cloak uses (not button spam) to remain "hidden" (not totally invis) indefinitely WITH ENOUGH REGEN but while i'm doing so i'm not dealing damage or helping my team in any way. Plus, i am not able to escape with cloak 100% of the time.

Idk if there is a duff from pc and console users but it seems to me tat Everyone i play against on ps4 know how to counter my cloak making it alot more risky for me to engage more than 1 enemy at a time. I agree that the people who complain about cloak are the same people who refuse to use the many tools available to them to counter it. Ofcourse those counters don't work 100% of the time but that woud be OP. The counters chance of success is higher in the hands of a more skilled player.

How can you tell what an invisible person is or is not doing? Least with bolt escape there was a clear line (or even a bread crumb trail) to see where they went.

But your gone! xD and it stuns!! you go very very way far away with cloak im still there! :P all you have to do is use your brain and aoe or anything out of the 48 options zenimax has gave u.

Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nightblades have stealth

This.

But your gone! xD and it stuns!! you go very very way far away with cloak im still there! :P all you have to do is use your brain and aoe or anything out of the 48 options zenimax has gave u.

Fast enough characters can chase down a fleeing sorc, but an invisible nightblade, while also moving quickly, could be anywhere form where you last saw them to any direction outward however far they could have run. "Just using aoe's" is a rather poor suggestion given the large potential area the nightblade could be sitting. Unless you are predictable, running in a straight line toward a clear piece of cover. That is something I notice when I mark most nightblades, they spam cloak and are probably thinking on their end that cloak must be broken since their enemy so easily followed them.
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've listed all the abilities that can technically counter Cloaking, but have given no thought in your post to the viability of each option.

Just because you can walk from point A to point B the same way a sorc bolts from point A to point B doesn't mean walking ever so slowly after said sorc is a viable way to counter bolt escape. If I listed all the ways to get from point A to point B, that doesn't mean I have an argument that holds any water. Just because something is an option does not mean it is a good or even usable option.

Eh I've repeated myself enough times in such a short post. Hopefully this gets the point across O.o

Edit, wait, this part was irritating
    Bolt escape has a much much shorter range than any gap closer. The cost increases with each use unto eternity.

Only one morph can you reasonably say it has the feature of stunning. Ball of Lightning's stun I've found rarely, if ever did anything for me. Bolt escape also does not accommodate the ground, an enemy will sometimes get a free 'stun' if the sorc bolts over uneven ground that slopes downwards. If the ground slopes upwards, the teleport does not go as far.

It's a straight line teleport. Corners are the bane of its existence.

This is what I meant about not considering the viability of something as an option >.>
    Edited by Tonturri on September 24, 2015 7:24PM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading the initial post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg

I want to see the sorc running after a cloaking NB throwing daedric mines to counter cloak :joy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed i dont believe cloak needs a nerf.

Its the damn aspect of terror (fear) that needs a nerf.

Its either drains stamina OR
    you take a massive dps burst (then all your resources are drained to heal back up)

5 second immunity and repeat

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the people whom say "skill" and cloak go hand in hand... is it skill that allows you to constantly annoy a player over ten levels higher than you?

Some have no hope of success, yet manage to run away, that's not skill, just an ability.

Also, there are console players and we have no "lock on" targeting making this even more difficult.

Stop saying weapon specific abilities are counters. As a sorc your 2H ability suggestions are not useful.

As a sorc we have horrible mage light and detec pot, both of with are not up to the task.

Im willing to just roll with the punches, but is funny seeing NB using the EXACT same arguments that sorcs used before our nerfs. If the, existence of "counters," arguement didnt work for Sorcs what makes you think its an argument for NBs?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stop saying weapon specific abilities are counters. As a sorc your 2H ability suggestions are not useful.

I cannot see any 2H skill there. Only DW, destro and bow
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    So i saw a comment by @ZOS_GinaBruno that they are looking into nerfing dark cloak. now i see so many posts and comments saying it needs to be nerfed... so what im going to do is give you every iteam and skill in the game to counter it.

Sorcs
    Neagate (both morphs/Aoe)
    Encase (both morphs/conal/CC)
    Dedric mines (both morphs/Aoe)
    Summon storm atronach (both morphs/Aoe/stun)
    Dedric Curse (once explodeing it brings them from stealth)
    Overload (both morphs/Heavy attack conal)
    Lightning form (both morphs/Aoe on your self!)
    Lightning Splash (both morphs/Aoe)
    Bolt escape -.- (you damage anything u teleport to/stun/pain in the ass)

What you listed does in fact reveal them but it is not practical.

Negate - You'd waste a 192 Ultimate for one person?
    Encase - Barely viable, Nightblades use a lot of terrain to dodge stuff when they cloak away & Encase needs you and the enemy to be on the same ground level.
    Daedric Mines - Has an activation delay and is pretty pointless to use if you're chasing.
    Summon Storm Atronach - These guys don't attack an already invisible Nightblade, also again, 170 Ultimate that is a one-time reveal when the player can just cloak again?
    Daedric Curse - They counter this with line of sight. If you don't cast another curse as soon as it explodes, you've already lost him.
    Overload - Okay who the hell would even try to use this to reveal hidden enemies?
    Lightning Form - The ticks of damage are spread out and all Nightblades are pretty much faster than you in stealth because of that ability. I don't even think the ticks of damage even reveal hidden enemies.
    Lightning Splash - Just don't. stupid.
    Bolt Escape - Barely viable. After 3-4 you're out of magicka.

I'm pretty sure you're missing the point, but I can tell you that lightning form and streak are freaking great counters to cloak. All those can hit them though
    Edited by Domander on September 24, 2015 8:12PM
    Options
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    there are a a ton of these "nerf Nightblade Cloak" threads because of the mere fact that within Imperial city (close quarters) Nightblades have a terrain advantage with the skill. Nothing has changed other than the area/setting.

fact of the matter is no one will give a *** once Orsinum comes out.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fast enough characters can chase down a fleeing sorc, but an invisible nightblade, while also moving quickly, could be anywhere form where you last saw them to any direction outward however far they could have run. "Just using aoe's" is a rather poor suggestion given the large potential area the nightblade could be sitting. Unless you are predictable, running in a straight line toward a clear piece of cover. That is something I notice when I mark most nightblades, they spam cloak and are probably thinking on their end that cloak must be broken since their enemy so easily followed them.

I know this is off the topic a bit. I have a horse with maxed out speed and stam. I was going full speed from Ash to Nikel in PvP. I look over next to me and guess what I see? A Sorc keeping up with me all the way from Ash to Nikel.

I qoute this from one of your other threads you commented on "But yes, nb is easy to counter and stop". If a NB is so easy to counter and stop, what is the problem?

Also after reading your discussion "Sorcerer Community Changes/Suggestions" and a few of your other posts. I understand you are all for people not using the same builds. I am sorry but I like using the same skills over and over. I find something I like and i use it. Healers use the same skills over and over, and I get destroyed by Sorcerers with the same skills used over and over.

There is nothing wrong with using the skills we have provided and using them the way we want to use them. Some say its spamming, and I say its playing the way I like to play. Is this against the ToS??

This topic upsets me because I love using cloak. I had a Stam NB that I can't play anymore because of the Stam Nerf. Now cloaking is going to be Nerfed.

Ugh!

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

I know this is off the topic a bit. I have a horse with maxed out speed and stam. I was going full speed from Ash to Nikel in PvP. I look over next to me and guess what I see? A Sorc keeping up with me all the way from Ash to Nikel.

I qoute this from one of your other threads you commented on "But yes, nb is easy to counter and stop". If a NB is so easy to counter and stop, what is the problem?

Also after reading your discussion "Sorcerer Community Changes/Suggestions" and a few of your other posts. I understand you are all for people not using the same builds. I am sorry but I like using the same skills over and over. I find something I like and i use it. Healers use the same skills over and over, and I get destroyed by Sorcerers with the same skills used over and over.

There is nothing wrong with using the skills we have provided and using them the way we want to use them. Some say its spamming, and I say its playing the way I like to play. Is this against the ToS??

This topic upsets me because I love using cloak. I had a Stam NB that I can't play anymore because of the Stam Nerf. Now cloaking is going to be Nerfed.

Ugh!

Yah, the cycle of nerfing eventually leaves everyone feeling bitter. I'm just more watching at this point, nightblades reactions to being the ones in focus is interesting. But I don't mind people liking skills, but when someone expects that mindlessly spamming one skill will lead to success and if that lone skill is changed it becomes doom and gloom I just feel I should object. Again I don't like how ZOS is balancing things with an avalanche of heavy handed nerfs, but given their record and how the community is reacting, cloak will likely get nerfed, people who don't spam it will get impacted most, those who do spam it will likely work around the change quickly and then we'll all start over on another skill.
    Options
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    All the pvp in this game is about zerg.

Cloack is maybe a powerfull skill in 1v1. But barely unusable in a great fight with aoe everywhere.
    And at least, 1v1 still rarely happen.

NB are the less usefull class in zerg. Stam can spam tornado and Magicka can spam deto..

Before nerf this or that, you should make a environnement that allow fair pvp and good fight.
    Atm is just a yolo fest with non sens.

Options
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    You have to understand, not cloak is the Problem, the Problem is the combination from Cloak and shadow Image.
    Its imposible to catch a NB with this skills.

then the problem is shadow image and not cloak
    Tankqull wrote: »
    You have to understand, not cloak is the Problem, the Problem is the combination from Cloak and shadow Image.
    Its imposible to catch a NB with this skills.

iv never seen that combo actually o,o thou i have to say that if they did use that wouldnt you know where they would land? i dunno i just never saw that combo. id never use it mind you.

are you sure you never saw it? Most common use: NB set Shadow in a dark angle before engage.
    NB has 15sec time to kill a enemy.
    If attack Fails he cloak and instant port to the shadow and the enemy will never know where he is

no i run with 4 other nightblades and iv just asked 2 of them in ts have they heard that combo... nope never. we never thought it would be useful. the bow spectre would actually take them out of cloak if it attacked a target oddly

thats a clear l2p indicator on your side.
    cloak is awesomly strong, if BE needed a nerf so does cloak too.

The difference is claok have many counter,bolt only gap closer if people keep say Cloak=Sorc Bolt then remove most of counter from cloak(since they are unreliable you don't lost much right?)and add a penality.
    Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on September 25, 2015 2:18AM
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off nerf Dark Claok to do what DoTs on a Nightblade will break the other two so they are useless and with out Shields and burst heals dropping DoTs in a Sithis sent.

To the Shadow Image need a target to cast and if an that has ever seen one before know that when they see one to stay near or in LoS it's trash vs anyone that know how to counter it.

90% of Nightblades are Stamina so the have to balance it vs the class

Do you have any idea how slow we move in stealth (if you're not a vamp) as fast as you do I'm a WW Stamina build I don't wear the magic Shadow Dancer or the sh*t Night's Silence so I have no stealth speed buff concealed weapons being magic so if you can't catch it that's your fault

If they nerf the 2.9 seconds of Claok then I want strong heals or a class shield we had rolling and cloak now we only have cloak nerf my Claok then get me a stamina Strife and Cripple to make it up
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    Can't speak for other classes, but

Templar
    Radial Sweep (both morphs/Aoe) = This requires you to literally be on top of the person, even then it practically never hits. You can also re-stealth after this.
    Puncturning sweep (both morphs/ Conal Aoe) = Double take and this isn't a problem, which is what every NB does.
    Spear Shards (both morphs/Aoe/stun) = expensive to cast a million times and takes 3s to hit the ground.
    Nova (both morphs/Aoe) = who the hell uses this in PvP and why should I waste 250 ultimate to bring you out of stealth which you can just go back into.

The only way I've found to counter it is revealing flare or detect pots. But even then, most NB's can stealth long enough to completely escape. My Magicka NB is only VR9 and he can get to 2200 magicka recovery and invis indefinitely. A good nerf would be to increase the cost per Dark Cloak used or stop magicka regeneration during cloak.
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
    Options
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lutallo wrote: »
    Can't speak for other classes, but

Templar
    Radial Sweep (both morphs/Aoe) = This requires you to literally be on top of the person, even then it practically never hits. You can also re-stealth after this.
    Puncturning sweep (both morphs/ Conal Aoe) = Double take and this isn't a problem, which is what every NB does.
    Spear Shards (both morphs/Aoe/stun) = expensive to cast a million times and takes 3s to hit the ground.
    Nova (both morphs/Aoe) = who the hell uses this in PvP and why should I waste 250 ultimate to bring you out of stealth which you can just go back into.

The only way I've found to counter it is revealing flare or detect pots. But even then, most NB's can stealth long enough to completely escape. My Magicka NB is only VR9 and he can get to 2200 magicka recovery and invis indefinitely. A good nerf would be to increase the cost per Dark Cloak used or stop magicka regeneration during cloak.

Stop regen on a non channeled cast when it's the main defense of a mostly stamina class when kill the benefit of stamina and you will see most of not all Nightblades going magic and at that point the increased cost wouldn't have mattered
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭

Stop regen on a non channeled cast when it's the main defense of a mostly stamina class when kill the benefit of stamina and you will see most of not all Nightblades going magic and at that point the increased cost wouldn't have mattered

What about Mist Form? It's much less effective than Dark Cloak, it is a non-channeled cast and it's the only defensive ability that a templar/dragon knight could get, with which there is no magicka regeneration in. Dark Cloak is supposed to be an escape. Templar Heals/DK Tankiness/Sorc Streak isn't used as an offence. But Dark Cloak is used to gank, to reset battles, to get a free critical hit, to escape and to heal up in. How is that fair?

It would be like if my Breath of Life gave me a critical hit and also did blinding light on top of the heals. If the Templar had that skill, everyone in the forums would be crying for days.

Edited by Lutallo on September 25, 2015 5:36AM
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No more running from fights. My strategy was taken away and it's time to take everyone's away now.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a player who switched over to sorcerer from a nightblade when IC hit, I am of the opinion that sorcerers are still the strongest class in PvP. Even a scrub like me can win most encounters as long as I have my shield, rune and mutagen up (always) and my potions ready (always). Also, I get away maybe 50% of the times if I accidentally crash into an enemy zerg. Running away from NPCs is quite easy and one always finds enough room to lose them.

And I have yet to die to a gank after having upgraded my gear (partially) and consumables. They may often get away, but I'm fine with that.
    Edited by Leandor on September 25, 2015 8:56AM
    Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my Nb ganker, but even I'll admit it's over powered, cloak really does provide way too.much, resistance boosts from.passives, dot removal, and invisibility.

If i ever get in a fight I cant win? Few casts of dark cloak and blade cloak, bye
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think peoples issue with cloak is they are already running with counters to templars, DKs and sorc that have uses outside of engagements with those specific classes and counters that work effectively and almost always. Cloak annoys people because you need to slot a skill just for it that has very little or no other uses outside of fighting 1 of the 4 classes. and other options beyond detect are not very viable. Even an AOE on your bar is a wasted if it doesnt do something beyond just AOE
    i can defile Templars/detect NB/ and run most magicka builds out of stamina with roots/stuns. But then you also need to heal (no mean feat in 1.7), gap close, escape, execute and preferably also have a snare. not to mention survivability from armor-skills or shields or w/e you use.Every class has options to do all of this through class or weapon or alliance/guild trees. But you cant do it all. so you will expose a weakness.

If more skills had more utility components then it wouldn't be so hard to slot detection skills /radiant magelight. The idea of AOEing a NB out of stealth is not viable more often than it is, but is bettter than no option and fi the AOE has other utility then great.

is it hard to counter a nightblade without then exposing yourself to weaknesses from other enemies? yes. does it mean cloak needs a nerf, no. if i want to kill a NB i need to tweak my set up, not nerf all the other classes
    Edited by willymchilybily on September 25, 2015 11:13AM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about Mist Form? It's much less effective than Dark Cloak, it is a non-channeled cast and it's the only defensive ability that a templar/dragon knight could get, with which there is no magicka regeneration in. Dark Cloak is supposed to be an escape. Templar Heals/DK Tankiness/Sorc Streak isn't used as an offence. But Dark Cloak is used to gank, to reset battles, to get a free critical hit, to escape and to heal up in. How is that fair?

It would be like if my Breath of Life gave me a critical hit and also did blinding light on top of the heals. If the Templar had that skill, everyone in the forums would be crying for days.

how is this fair? ... we are assasins .-. thats like me saying dragon knights have wings!? thats not fair. templar has heals?! thats not fair, sorcs have pets?! thats not fair!

Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think peoples issue with cloak is they are already running with counters to templars, DKs and sorc that have uses outside of engagements with those specific classes and counters that work effectively and almost always. Cloak annoys people because you need to slot a skill just for it that has very little or no other uses outside of fighting 1 of the 4 classes. and other options beyond detect are not very viable. Even an AOE on your bar is a wasted if it doesnt do something beyond just AOE
    i can defile Templars/detect NB/ and run most magicka builds out of stamina with roots/stuns. But then you also need to heal (no mean feat in 1.7), gap close, escape, execute and preferably also have a snare. not to mention survivability from armor-skills or shields or w/e you use.Every class has options to do all of this through class or weapon or alliance/guild trees. But you cant do it all. so you will expose a weakness.

If more skills had more utility components then it wouldn't be so hard to slot detection skills /radiant magelight. The idea of AOEing a NB out of stealth is not viable more often than it is, but is bettter than no option and fi the AOE has other utility then great.

is it hard to counter a nightblade without then exposing yourself to weaknesses from other enemies? yes. does it mean cloak needs a nerf, no. if i want to kill a NB i need to tweak my set up, not nerf all the other classes

*clap clap clap* well said sir... well said!!!
    Options
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭

But those are used offensively, Heals keep you and your team attacking, Tankiness keeps you in someone's face attacking, and Streak has a stun, Cmon, don't be that guy.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
    Options
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    contact.opiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just leave it be. All this ever does is start a back and forth tug-o-war that serves no purpose whatsoever.

Oh i just want to see how silly people can be when they try to counter 43 skills counter and potion counter.

Damn i miss my LOL button
    Options
  • Zanfire
    Zanfire
    I am not a great PvP player. My skill is average at best,. My equip is good enough for a V16 DK, even if not top one.
    From my experience, Dark Cloak is really a powerful skill, especially on the hand a skilled player.

Just few hours ago, wandering around IC sewers, I received another confirmation of this.

Not mentioning how a V16 NB repeatedly pwned me while I was almost unable to do anything to react efficiently (mark, attack for 4-5k, healing reduced, darkcloak, attack, darkcloak, attack, fear, attack, darkcloak, etc), what seemed very wrong to me happened few minutes laters, when I joined a big group and we spotted a vampire NB stalking around. We were around 10 peoples hunting that guy, full of AoE effects and very mobile guys (charging people, sorcerers, templars, bow aoe, breathing DK etc) and we were completely unable to bring him under 75% life before he simply evade us complitely.

He probably was a very skilled player, and I'm not whining about him, but all the situation seemed so wrong to me: a single character can be so easily able to avoid such a big group of people, even if not composed by the most expert players around? Making a kill here and there against the worst equipped members?

I came from a long time WoW experience. The game are obviusly incredibly different, but the WoW Rogue has a similar way to avoid fight, called Vanish. A very powerful skill that allow him to vanish in plain sight, removing snares & the like. What is very different from DarkCloak is that Vanish is a "long" cooldown skill, mostly used to remove the Rogue from dire situations, that can be used offensively leaving the character without a powerful resource for a long time. This is not the case of DarkCloak, a skill that can be spammed as long as your resources allow it, making it an incredibly powerful offensive and defensive skill.

Most of the skill able to counter it take not place on normal PvP situations, or are just bad in doing that job.

In conclusion, I am on the nerf-it side. I just don't think it should became an useless skill like often happens when nerf strike down, but some kind of adjustment should be done. Can be an increase in cost or decrease in duration for each subsequent use, or something completely different, but I think a touch-up is needed.
    Edited by Zanfire on September 25, 2015 2:45PM
    PSNID: LoneTear77 (EU, Italy) # Blog: http://zanfire.blogspot.it/
    - Zanfire (EU Nord Ebonheart Dragon Knight, VR16)
    - Silma Holimion (EU Bosmer Ebonheart Nightblade, quiclky growing)
    Options
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do Templar and Dragon Knights need a Dark Claok? No cause they have heals and shields and yes you do have a lot of Defense power and they are used unless Spiked Armor, Dragon Blood, Talon, Breath of Life and Jabs (the one that heals for 40% damage done) are unless cause you change any Nightblade power to that and y'all will shout for a nerf.

Mist Form is a channel and you are talking about two different morhps of Shadow Claok. No one uses the crit morph cause if you have a DoT on you it will break your Cloak and as your HoTs will not out heal most DoTs dropping them is fair better then some crit attack you want crit stack it and use the morhp that will actually help you.

Dark Cloak does no damage, give no damage buff, can't heal you and doesn't buff stealth speed. Meaning when you use it you have to use other heals, get crit else where, wear Shadow Dancer or Night's Silence 5/5 to get the speed buff or be a vampire do you have any idea how hard it is to use Claok to escape?? Cause if you run useful sets and are a WW you don't get far in 2.9 seconds.

Do I like Reverberating Bash no it's damage was trash before now it's worst but it stops Templars and Dragon Knight heals

Do I like Shield Assault over my Ambush not at all but have to knock down running Sorcs cause just Gap Closing it pointless.

Do you think Piercing Mark is but for hunting Nightblades yes but the other morhp is far better for fighting the other three class 25% damage buffs and better heal but now that wouldn't help me Cs a Nightblade

We Nightblades run powers to counter all four classes why can't you?