Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Been gone a year and STILL no nameplates over players.......

• sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have already said stuff like this will have a toggle on/off option in the settings. Hell they had the ability to turn off or on nameplates back in the closed alpha/beta.

(Jump to 3:51)

https://youtu.be/d0k8_XOHJfM?t=3m51s
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on August 28, 2015 2:58PM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as you can turn it off whatever. Looks terrible in my opinion. Not just from immersion standpoint but overall aestichally. I don't play those other mmos anymore because I got tired of floaty names, numbers and other childish cartoon bubbles flying around over my head. I know whether or not im hitting the enemy, and I remember my own name and guilds.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is a "nameplate" and how is it different than what we already have, i.e. a display of the enemy's name and health bar when the mouse is hovered over them?
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly is a "nameplate" and how is it different than what we already have, i.e. a display of the enemy's name and health bar when the mouse is hovered over them?

It's like a car registration plate that hangs over players heads. So when you're in a busy city that's all you can see. So, of course there will be an option to turn them off. They are annoying for many people. So options are a must.

If you want them, I'm cool with that. But, i'd rather not see "Captain Bumjiggle" hop across my screen.
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Draghorn
    Draghorn
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Heruthema wrote: »
    Please NO NAMEPLATES. This game is great because it does not junk up the screen with non-immersive stuff.
    They will almost certainly be optional. I am more worried that someone who is using them will have an unfair advantage over someone who is not (eg, if you're hiding behind a tree/wall/bush/rock in PvP, your nameplate may stick out).
    I'm assuming in PvP that enemy nameplates won't show, or won't show unless targeted.
    Draghorn - The Business Dragon (Platform: NA-PC)
  • katnip
    katnip
    ✭✭
    Draghorn wrote: »
    Please NO NAMEPLATES. This game is great because it does not junk up the screen with non-immersive stuff.
    They will almost certainly be optional. I am more worried that someone who is using them will have an unfair advantage over someone who is not (eg, if you're hiding behind a tree/wall/bush/rock in PvP, your nameplate may stick out).
    I'm assuming in PvP that enemy nameplates won't show, or won't show unless targeted.

my concern as well.
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    I dont care so long as you can use them in PVP, reason is the person using nameplates in PVP will have a clear advantage forcing players to use nameplates in PVP to remain equal.

So No name plates for PVP, Yes for PVE.

Nameplates in PVP are cheap, I dont want a players seeing me from 600 yards away because of my giant red nameplate over my head.
  • MrNevermore
    MrNevermore
    ✭✭✭

As a console player, I lost that immersion when I was in a group with xXgiefweed420Xx, puzzyhuntah and ben2190890324 last night.

I'd rather then let us have character names instead of PSN names instead of nameplates
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they add them, I want an option to turn my nameplate off for everyone else. One of the joys of this game is that I can blend in with the NPCs. Find a fishing spot among enemy NPCs, toss on costume, watch confused adventures stop when they are close enough to see I am not an NPC. Had some take a swing at me first. It's great.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • azrael42o
    azrael42o
    Yeah really wondering when that"ll be implemented very surprised that it hasn't already....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we have already is a "static nameplate". What people are asking for is a "floating nameplate", which essentially puts what we have already (or a similar sort of thing) over the top of every player's character at once.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

They have a toggle on or off so you will not see them unless you want too. amazed people still don`t understand that you can turn them off .
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we have already is a "static nameplate". What people are asking for is a "floating nameplate", which essentially puts what we have already (or a similar sort of thing) over the top of every player's character at once.

I still don't understand. What is the purpose of a floating nameplate and why is it needed?
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have gone a year come back and nothings changed take the hint nobody cares what you think. your ideas are bad and you should feel bad
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand. What is the purpose of a floating nameplate and why is it needed?
    I'm afraid I don't know. You'll have to ask someone who wants the feature to explain what the benefits are. Off the top of my head, I imagine it would help identify players from NPCs.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It could have a option to turn off and on so it won't disturb your little immersive strolls through the forest.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• FuriousFridge
    FuriousFridge
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah please ZOS we want eso to look like this01hqN3q.jpg3udvcI1.jpg

So epic!!

See I wish you wouldn't post dumb pictures like this about WoW. That is a feature that can be turned off in game not constantly in game at all times and as for the wonderful UI you posted?

WoWScrnShot_012310_153218.jpg

Here is your Wow standard UI for all of the people who have never played it or haven't seen what it looks like just for reference
    Edited by FuriousFridge on October 4, 2015 8:44PM
  • FuriousFridge
    FuriousFridge
    ✭✭✭
    LADYKiLLER wrote: »
    BARBER SHOP FIRST.

Barber Shop isn't as important as core features of the game.
  • FuriousFridge
    FuriousFridge
    ✭✭✭

You mean core features of any MMO ? stop stripping the game down for this small percentage of people.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find nothing wrong with the current "mousing over" style of checking who someone is. I can look at someone and see who they are, is that not adequate?! lol.

For me this really isn't an issue and I've come from MMO games with nameplates.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I joined a large group going to the center of the Imperial sewers and at times the screen was filled with so many people and flashes it was hard to see what was going on. I can only imagine the screen being completely blocked if I had nameplates on my screen too, so if this ever gets implemented there needs to be a way to turn that garbage off. I don't want it, if you want it fine, whatever, but I want to be able to turn it off.

If I need to see someone's name now I just mouse over them, if they're someone I play with regularly I know what they look like just like I know my friends when I look at them in real life, if we're partied I see their party chevron. I personally don't see the need to know who everyone around me is.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ESO not WOW! But as long as I can turn it off then why not.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every game I have ever played with nameplates has had the ability to tweak/turn them off/turn them on. ESO will be no different, if they ever manage to get them done.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine reading a book with one word on each page.

Now imagine reading a book with many words per page.

That is the difference.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's with all the thread necros recently? O.o

Nameplates are fine if people want them. I'll just switch them off. Don't see how it's a gamebreaker either way...
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one cant turn them off it will ruin pvp and group dungeons, in my opinion.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LADYKiLLER wrote: »
    BARBER SHOP FIRST.

Barber Shop isn't as important as core features of the game.

I could find a lot of "core features" that should be implemented before we even get into the same zip code as either a barber shop or name plates.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • vizionblind_ESO
    vizionblind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    just add ability to turn them on and off!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank the Eight there ISN'T nameplates!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's just really hard to believe that not seeing LeetMlgBallz over someones head as they bounce through town is such a major issue for anyone. I just...I mean...why?