Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Been gone a year and STILL no nameplates over players.......

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoWScrnShot_012310_153218.jpg

Here is your Wow standard UI for all of the people who have never played it or haven't seen what it looks like just for reference
    You get an Insightful for that, since I had no idea the default WoW UI was so minimal (comparatively).
    danno8 wrote: »
    Quit c**k-blocking the people who want these features (when they have no impact on you whatsoever)
    I would dispute that, since if I was hiding somewhere and you had nameplates on, my nameplate may be sticking out. That's a negative impact for me based on your use of the feature. I do see that you also say you would be happy with forced-off in Cyrodiil though, so that would address the PvP concern.
    Zardayne wrote: »
    My guess the people who don't want tags are the solo players and the leet guilds who don't care to interact with all of the other Pugs/players and forget this is an massive multiplayer game and not just a guild playground.
    I enjoy interacting with other players, but that doesn't mean I want the screen filled up with their names. If I want to see who it is, I look at them, and their nameplate appears at the top of the screen.
    Simples. 9728c3cadd84a935d4e75799476c2649_96.jpeg
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Olivierko
    Olivierko
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah please ZOS we want eso to look like this01hqN3q.jpg3udvcI1.jpg

So epic!!

Haha, yes, this is perfect, I'm sure the smurfs can take use of this in Cyrodiil as well.

As if the AOE's wasn't enough for lagging us out, they'd able to ensure our LUA memory hits the ground due to nameplates.

Genius.
    Addons:PointificatorRaidificator

1. Dar'diov ★ AvA 25 ★ Nightblade
    2. Tig'ger ★ AvA 9 ★ Dragonknight
    3. Ba'bushka ★ AvA 28 ★ Sorcerer
    4. Hails-To-Putin ★ AvA 18 ★ Templar
    5. Ba'boon ★ AvA 13 ★ Sorcerer

6. PC EU ★ Aldmeri DominionYoutube
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    Not keen on this idea at all. Being someone who spends a lot of time in pvp, I would not be able to see the keep in front of me if there were name plates above heads.

Arrius? All I see is XIquickscopez1280IX
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The argument that such a feature being optional removes all reasonable grounds for opposing its introduction isn't valid, because those who wouldn't use the feature would much rather developer resources were used on other things that everybody wanted.

I'd still like to know why nameplates were dropped in the first place, and I'd also like to know whether game performance would be adversely affected if I had disabled nameplates but other players around me had them enabled. If so, that would be another perfectly valid reason to oppose their introduction.
  • tisch28
    tisch28
    Heruthema wrote: »
    Please NO NAMEPLATES. This game is great because it does not junk up the screen with non-immersive stuff.

Or you know have the option to turn then off/on.....

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The argument that such a feature being optional removes all reasonable grounds for opposing its introduction isn't valid, because those who wouldn't use the feature would much rather developer resources were used on other things that everybody wanted.

I'd still like to know why nameplates were dropped in the first place, and I'd also like to know whether game performance would be adversely affected if I had disabled nameplates but other players around me had them enabled. If so, that would be another perfectly valid reason to oppose their introduction.

And the problem with this argument is if you only develop features that everyone wanted you would develop precisely 0 features. Unless there are features "everybody" wants that I am unaware of. Just start a poll for any feature and you will see there is never a consensus. (BTW the last poll for this feature that I could find on these forums was 71% in favour of nameplates)

As to performance, I can honestly say I have never had nameplates cause any performance issues in any game I have ever played. And I don't think other people displaying nameplates would affect your performance anymore than other people displaying maximum particle effects, or other people using addons that enhance there HUD or displaying floating combat text or any other type of visual.

BTW, on the PTS right now ZoS has added in a "loot" popup that strongly resembles the addon "Lootdrop". There is currently no way to turn it off, but ZoS has stated that it is a known issue and will be toggleable in a future PTS patch. Considering how fast Lootdrop and other addons were available after launch (within a couple days) I really don't think the "developer resources" argument is very valid either. Especially considering they were already coded in pre-launch.

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank God there are no name bubbles! Can you imagine going into Vulkhel Guard's bank?? Your screen would be filled with these name tags,and you wouldnt be able to click on the bankers.Lol! XD
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as I have the options to:

- Not display nameplates on my UI.
    - Block my nameplate from showing on other's UIs.

Then the rest of you can clutter up your screens as much as you want.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Block my nameplate from showing on other's UIs.
    This would be a very welcome option.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give it up already. give us the option for this!

think you should give up on trying to get something out of zos haha
  • LeoTheBatiamigo
    The Nameplates would be nice, just make sure theres a On/Off feature like Healthbars
    GamerRKO - PS4 - NA - EP
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can pretty much assure everyone that, if they did implement name plates, people would be unhappy.

Based on how poorly they can show the health bars in places like Rawl, the client would probably fall to its knees and beg for mercy if it had to display more than a cyan colored bar.

The only people that will be happy will be the ones with name plates turned off.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a fan of nameplates too, but I expect even more stuttering and fps drops by that.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I worry when nameplates will be introduced. So many players already fail to interrupt/block an enemy's important telegraphed attacks due to any number of addons that put cognitive stuff all over their screen which in-turn obscure their clear view of an enemy's action. Nameplates I'm afraid are likely to only make matters worse.

Surely nameplates would be optional?
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah please ZOS we want eso to look like this01hqN3q.jpg3udvcI1.jpg

So epic!!

The overview is incredible lol

But IF name plates are really going to be implemented, please let them be optional!
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »
    Please NO NAMEPLATES. This game is great because it does not junk up the screen with non-immersive stuff.

This is how I feel! I LOVE my MIN UI!