Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Been gone a year and STILL no nameplates over players.......

vizionblind_ESO
vizionblind_ESO
✭✭✭
give it up already. give us the option for this!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am in agreement with you but, we need class balances first and then lagg removal and many other things
  • LADYKiLLER
    LADYKiLLER
    ✭✭✭
    BARBER SHOP FIRST.
  • LiquidZ
    LiquidZ
    ✭✭✭
    Don't do it!
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich already said they were coming...
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »
    Rich already said they were coming...

Yeah. At least they have now stated they ARE coming. :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

many of uf have given up and are just playing while we wait for Camelot Unchained
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

many of uf have given up and are just playing while we wait for Camelot Unchained

A long , long waiting, for the state currently it is lol.
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please NO NAMEPLATES. This game is great because it does not junk up the screen with non-immersive stuff.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worry when nameplates will be introduced. So many players already fail to interrupt/block an enemy's important telegraphed attacks due to any number of addons that put cognitive stuff all over their screen which in-turn obscure their clear view of an enemy's action. Nameplates I'm afraid are likely to only make matters worse.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on August 28, 2015 5:19AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »
    Please NO NAMEPLATES. This game is great because it does not junk up the screen with non-immersive stuff.

Agreed.

@ZOS, please don't put more text on the screen unless there is an option to turn it off.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭

Heh really? So when ur doing a mission that requires stealth for immersion and some random *** comes along and bunny hops past, u still call that immersion? What a joke.
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »

Heh really? So when ur doing a mission that requires stealth for immersion and some random *** comes along and bunny hops past, u still call that immersion? What a joke.

NO NAMEPLATES go play WOW or something else that fills the screen with non essential junk.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't get the big deal over nameplates? Why they are even needed (And I think they look like crap). but if you can turn them on/off I guess - whatever.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I worry when nameplates will be introduced. So many players already fail to interrupt/block an enemy's important telegraphed attacks due to any number of addons that put cognitive stuff all over their screen which in-turn obscure their clear view of an enemy's action. Nameplates I'm afraid are likely to only make matters worse.

nameplates on/off ?

Anyway , i'd like to see also guildname plates, and better visible plates on heads while pvp grouping , because the white crown leader and also white icons upon head, while fighting in zergs, are really hard to see , creating chaos.
    Edited by sagitter on August 28, 2015 5:40AM
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    And I think they look like crap

What if that literally was true? :o
  • ClearArrow
    ClearArrow
    ✭✭✭
    No! Keep the screen nice and clean!
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sagitter wrote: »

nameplates on/off ?

Anyway , i'd like to see also guildname plates, and better visible plates on heads while pvp grouping , because the white crown leader and also white icons upon head, while fighting in zergs, are really hard to see , creating chaos.

Yes, nameplates on/off would be good and I'm sure they will give us that option when it is implemented. Still, there is disturbingly a seemingly large part of the player base that does not understand the importance of being clearly able to see your enemy and what they're doing in battle. If it's not 'gear' or numbers is doesn't seem to matter to them. But anyway...! :smile:

I completely agree with you regarding the Crown leader Icon in large PvP battles. If nothing else it would be nice to have a toggle to have that visible overhead and nothing else (much like it occurs on your overhead compass), as well as change it's colour (maybe it's shape too?) to something that may stand out a little more.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will almost certainly be optional. I am more worried that someone who is using them will have an unfair advantage over someone who is not (eg, if you're hiding behind a tree/wall/bush/rock in PvP, your nameplate may stick out).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What ?
    Would toggle option on/off bother you?
    Would that affect YOUR immersion?

Don't be selfish you are not playing this game alone, this is big community...
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know its hard work,but just put your mouse on them to see who they are.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Players are like Babys, cry enought and the mother will give you wath you want....
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    I barely like showing the health bars above names, (I do because it's a must), but having nameplates as well?

No thank you.

I'd rather my screen wasn't clogged with names when in PvP. Because that's what it would be, a screen of names.
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

@ZOS, please don't put more text on the screen unless there is an option to turn it off.

Agree

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah please ZOS we want eso to look like this01hqN3q.jpg3udvcI1.jpg

So epic!!
    Edited by vladimilianoub17_ESO1 on August 28, 2015 12:37PM
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    sagitter wrote: »

nameplates on/off ?

Lol,wants to see the crown icon when in pvp zergs but he also wants nameplates.Did you see the screenshots i posted in this thread? try to find the crown there XD

• Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am in agreement with you but, we need class balances first and then lagg removal and many other things

yeah by adding 2 more veteran levels. thatll balance everything
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as I can turn it on and off without an addon thats fine with me.
  • ChibiMechaX78
    ChibiMechaX78
    ✭✭
    considering there is an option to toggle on/off health bars to always show. I don't see ZOS not treating nameplates the same way.

I have the health bar always showing for my own reasons, nameplates always being on would clutter a bit.

Besides you can see a person's name when you look at them already, so I don't see a whole lot of effort this would take to have it so you can have Nameplates always showing.

Idk why you all are so scared about something so little becoming a big problem. I suppose I am just comforted by the number of toggle options in the settings which leads me to believe they will make it toggle.

I have other important things to worry about than this, like when are they gonna fix the some of the quest bugs. I swear to god I haven't been able to complete the mages guild ever since I stared this game cuz the last freaking quest won't appear regardless of my many efforts. So now I wait.....
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    If they give us this I better be able to turn it off...
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, welcome back!
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.