The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

EDIT: No Its not the over load exploit.....sadly

OGLezard
OGLezard
✭✭✭✭✭
from the patch noes for 2.1.2

"Fixed an issue which was allowing you to benefit from toggled abilities that were not active on your current skill bar."

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What overload exploit? Are you referring to the sorc skill? If so its not an exploit and works as intended.
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

"Fixed an issue which was allowing you to benefit from toggled abilities that were not active on your current skill bar."

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

From the text that seems to be the case. Hope it is finally fixed!
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    You could get bound armor/inner light without having it on the bar
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What overload exploit? Are you referring to the sorc skill? If so its not an exploit and works as intended.

oh young padawan..... @j.murro2ub17_eso if you only knew
    Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, never heard of an overload exploit other than from those don't fully understand how it works and qq when they have been killed by it then qq that is "OP" and that its an "Exploit" when its not.
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, never heard of an overload exploit other than from those don't fully understand how it works and qq when they have been killed by it then qq that is "OP" and that its an "Exploit" when its not.

Overload and the 3rd bar is not an exploit.

The exploit is when something gets toggled on, on the overload bar and then when overload is turned off that toggled ability is still on and not on the weapon 1 or 2 bar.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3rd bar is no exploit. This 3rd bar exists, because the Sorcerer class has 3 toggles and would be unplayable with this. That's why Overload grants a 3rd bar to compensate a bit.

But yea, the toggle exploit still exists.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to online gaming, where people who dont know how things work assume it is an exploit and those who dont know about the exploits assume everyone doesnt know anything about the skill that allows said exploit :D it is ok though ^_^ now you know. Glad to see this fixed.....finally.... only been begging since beta LOL
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    The 3rd bar is no exploit. This 3rd bar exists, because the Sorcerer class has 3 toggles and would be unplayable with this. That's why Overload grants a 3rd bar to compensate a bit.

But yea, the toggle exploit still exists.

I know the third bar is not an exploit lol I was talking about the exploit that was made possible via the ultimate.

@ZOS_GinaBruno it would appear you guys did not fix it.......
    Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The exploit is when something gets toggled on, on the overload bar and then when overload is turned off that toggled ability is still on and not on the weapon 1 or 2 bar.

Well the OP could have explained that instead of getting snarky - I was addressing the fact that people think the 3rd bar is an exploit.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

No, this is not the Overload exploit. We're still working on that one.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the OP could have explained that instead of getting snarky - I was addressing the fact that people think the 3rd bar is an exploit.

@ j.murro2ub17_eso I was not snarky, I called you a young padawan (star wars reference to someone in training). I did not mention anything about the exploit in question because of ToS and ZoS loving to ban people for walking in a grey area; but thanks :)
    Options
  • Ferretstalker
    Ferretstalker
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

If that's not the exploit, that what is it? Or was it, in this case?
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I have been saying it for a while, just add a 2-3second timer that does not allow someone to deactivate the ultimate.... 2 seconds is more than enough to make sure the toggle does not work once they activate the exploit in question. I.E. Once they activate over load, they have to wait 2-3 seconds before cancelling. Easy band aid fix...... until you get a more permanent one in place
    Edited by OGLezard on August 18, 2015 6:45PM
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I have been saying it for a while, just add a 2-3second timer that does not allow someone to deactivate the ultimate.... 2 seconds is more than enough to make sure the toggle does not work once they activate the exploit in question. I.E. Once they activate over load, they have to wait 2-3 seconds before cancelling. Easy band aid fix...... until you get a more permanent one in place

Except that would completely screw the playstyle of many sorcs like me who use overload for the purposes for which it was designed. Often you go into overload and have to drop it again right away as incoming damage comes in and you have to cast a healing ward.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

But that's not how it works.

It's activating the toggle, milliseconds before you toggle overload off. So to effectively stop the exploit by your suggestion they would have to introduce an artificial CD for abilities on the overload bar. Which would really screw folks over that use that bar legitimately.

I do hope they figure it out sooner rather than later. Maybe adding a active buff check when switching bars, but that will bog the server down too. I'm sure they will get it eventually.

Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Except that would completely screw the playstyle of many sorcs like me who use overload for the purposes for which it was designed. Often you go into overload and have to drop it again right away as incoming damage comes in and you have to cast a healing ward.

Yes that is true @Ezareth but something needs to be done about abusing this exploit since beta..... it needs to go finally, and if a timer before you can deactivate it would fix it then so be it. heck even 1.5 seconds is enough to shut it down.
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

But that's not how it works.

It's activating the toggle, milliseconds before you toggle overload off. So to effectively stop the exploit by your suggestion they would have to introduce an artificial CD for abilities on the overload bar. Which would really screw folks over that use that bar legitimately.

I do hope they figure it out sooner rather than later. Maybe adding a active buff check when switching bars, but that will bog the server down too. I'm sure they will get it eventually.

@Xeniph that is very true. Maybe if they apply the fix to the bug/exploit they were talking about to overload it would sort it out a:)
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Yes that is true @Ezareth but something needs to be done about abusing this exploit since beta..... it needs to go finally, and if a timer before you can deactivate it would fix it then so be it. heck even 1.5 seconds is enough to shut it down.

Richard Lambert already mentioned in one of my earlier posts that they have the issue figured out and that it will be fixed before the patch goes live, it's just not made it to the patch yet. I can wait another couple of weeks if you can ( =
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Richard Lambert already mentioned in one of my earlier posts that they have the issue figured out and that it will be fixed before the patch goes live, it's just not made it to the patch yet. I can wait another couple of weeks if you can ( =

@Ezareth This I did not know! That is REALLY good news!!!!! You just made my day lol so sick of other sorcs abusing this crap and my sorc being accused of using it when over load has not once been on my bar since the game launched. I am so excited THANK YOU!
    Options
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

~ninja smoke~

We fixed an issue where you could have a toggle ability on, say magelight, when it wasn't on your current bar.

We can't go into detail about exploits on the open forums, but could you PM me the reproduction steps (perhaps with video on youtube or somesuch) of what you're talking about? It's often the case that terms will be, no pun intended, overloaded and we want to make sure we're talking about the same thing in our glorious service of Uncle Sheogorath.
    Edited by ZOS_RyanRuzich on August 18, 2015 7:08PM
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

~ninja smoke~

We fixed an issue where you could have a toggle ability on, say magelight, when it wasn't on your current bar.

We can't go into detail about exploits on the open forums, but could you PM me the reproduction steps (perhaps with video on youtube or somesuch) of what you're talking about? It's often the case that terms will be, no pun intended, overloaded and we want to make sure we're talking about the same thing in our glorious service of Uncle Sheogorath.

I PM'ed you with the "Overload Exploit" technique.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?

~ninja smoke~

@ZOS_RyanRuzich I have sent many a videos to @ZOS_BrianWheeler regarding how to replicate this and he said he passed them on. I can send you my youtube video of it too
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanRuzich message sent with my video
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To clarify a bit.
    When you swap weapon, there is a very small delay before your keys will activate the skills of your other bar, pretty much until you actually see the other skillbar. When you use a skill that could be used on either bar during that window (thus, excluding weapon skills. I am not sure wether it works with 2 weapons of the same type though) you will not cancel the skill animation, but instead activate the skill on the other bar. Overload works in many ways like weapon swap.
    Now you'd just have to figure out how different types of skills react.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    @OGLezard @ToRelax @Ezareth

Thanks for the steps :smiley:

On the current PTS build (2.1.2.1200714), given the steps supplied *and* our internal reproduction steps, we failed to reproduce the exploit. Would you be willing to test and see if you can still get the exploit to happen on PTS, and if so, if you had to adjust your procedure to do so? If you do need different steps, could you PM them to me in addition to posting up your results here? Video in addition to the procedure can be helpful if you have the means to gather it :smiley:
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On the current PTS build (2.1.2.1200714), given the steps supplied *and* our internal reproduction steps, we failed to reproduce the exploit. Would you be willing to test and see if you can still get the exploit to happen on PTS, and if so, if you had to adjust your procedure to do so? If you do need different steps, could you PM them to me in addition to posting up your results here? Video in addition to the procedure can be helpful if you have the means to gather it :smiley:

Did someone do this yet? Thinking about logging on and recording if it hasn't been done yet.

Edit - Was unable to reproduce this glitch. I was recently able to reproduce this glitch on earlier versions of 2.1 PTS and on current live version, but can not seem to get it on the most recent PTS update.
    Edited by Erock25 on August 24, 2015 3:08AM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Erock25 wrote: »

Did someone do this yet? Thinking about logging on and recording if it hasn't been done yet.

Edit - Was unable to reproduce this glitch. I was recently able to reproduce this glitch on earlier versions of 2.1 PTS and on current live version, but can not seem to get it on the most recent PTS update.
    @ZOS_RyanRuzich
    @Erock25

Up until now I never had done the exploit before so first I followed the instructions I gave and after a couple tries was able to get the exploit working on live.

I then logged into PTS and spent a good 15 minutes trying to replicate the issue and was not able to get it working. I tried several different variations of animation cancelling and anything else I could think of to get this to occur but it appears a slight global cooldown was added to the power overload change states that was enough to prevent you from toggling magelight on.

Since I'm by no means an expert at doing this I can't say with certainty whether it was 100% fixed, but considering I was able to do it on live and now can't on PTS I'll say it *appears* to be fixed. I'll try to reach out to some of the sorcs I know who are using this exploit to see if they are able to replicate it on PTS.

I've also been told that this exploit can also be done with normal weapon swapping techniques to get toggle abilities working on bars that are no longer active. This likely has limited or no use in PvP but could be useful for players in PvE. Hopefully something in the backend system was change to do a check for toggle abilities and turn them off whenever a bar/overload status is changed and not just a slight GCD to power overload. If that was the only change made, I fear during times of high latency this issue could still be replicated.

Hope this helps.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder, if fixing this exploit is not possible by "Conventional" means, how about adding a 0.5 second cast time to Magelight and Bound Armor? These abilities are not likely to be toggled/cast while in combat, and they are usually done out of combat before entering battle, where skills having a cast time does not matter. Thus a cast time will have little to no effect on the actual legitimate usage of the abilities in combat, while preventing the Overload bar exploit.

There may be some complaints from people who toggle Magelight for the Might of the Guild empower bonus, but wasn't that removed in 2.1 to stop massive snipe damage? Therefore, there would be no reason to toggle a Magelight in combat. Please correct me if I'm wrong regarding the relationship between MotG and Magelight.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanRuzich
    OGLezard ToRelax Ezareth

Didn't get a message that I was mentioned with this post I think (removed the @ myself now).
    I'll test right now.
    I've also been told that this exploit can also be done with normal weapon swapping techniques to get toggle abilities working on bars that are no longer active. This likely has limited or no use in PvP but could be useful for players in PvE. Hopefully something in the backend system was change to do a check for toggle abilities and turn them off whenever a bar/overload status is changed and not just a slight GCD to power overload. If that was the only change made, I fear during times of high latency this issue could still be replicated.

Hope this helps.

Correct. In 1.5 I was able to use it with any toggle without a casttime, including the famliliar. After a casttime was added, the channel seems to be canceled before it actually begins.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options