The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Heavy attacks for 10k?

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    SH1K6G3.jpg?1
    Can we now have an actual dmg reduction please Zos? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

/edit for new page and quote.
    Edited by Soris on August 18, 2015 2:55PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But its only something weird with heavy attacks. Strange
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Its not weird, 100 Points in Bow Master+100 Points in Mighty + other *** that adds up, but mainy this is possible bc f... CHAMPIONPOINTS.

on live I can 1shot ppl with bow 20k hit in the face + 4k pois inj.
    Edited by Alcast on August 18, 2015 2:39PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Bug ? Or working as intended ?
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    xylena wrote: »
    SH1K6G3.jpg?1
    Can we now have an actual dmg reduction please Zos? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

/edit for new page and quote.

Holy moly 15k!!! hahahaha :*

#balanced
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this is what happens when they do a blanket nerf rather than nerfing the main culprits
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Kerviz max hit is 10k I think that's a good thing, he hits on live for double that.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by BRogueNZ on August 18, 2015 6:59PM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These hits are WITH the damage reduction. And yes it is working. Myself and a few others get 21k+ heavies on live atm.

it's not DW, but 2H

Camo hunter proc from stealth is 100% against Vamps/Daedra (the whole reason for the morph) Once the player is out of stealth the 15%/4% proc rate kicks in. If you are not a Vamp you don't get the "Extra" camo proc from stealth, but you are still susseptible to the 4% RNG proc.

So, to summarize:

Heavy+Camo(100% for Vamp/Deadra)+Enchantment- from stealth

Insert ability+15%/4% Camo proc, ad nauseum.

The moral to this story is, if you want to limit the burst from a stealth opener, either don't be a Vamp/Deadra, WW in form (assuming the stealthier has the passive), use radiant magelight, or don't be visible.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a bow heavy attack take me out last night while standing on top of a resource tower.
    It hit for 15k+ ...

According to my combat log, that was just one single hit.
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on August 18, 2015 7:10PM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I had a bow heavy attack take me out last night while standing on top of a resource tower.
    It hit for 15k+ ...

According to my combat log, that was just one single hit.
    dry.gif

All Heavy and light attack can be double buffed via the CP system, not counting set bunuses/abilities. So I can see that.

I will counter a lot of these folks griping with: Why are you folks running with such low HP and not running a counter or hiding?
    Edited by Xeniph on August 18, 2015 7:14PM
    Here since Beta.

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it's ok for skills and spells to hit 10K+ but heavy attacks that hit over 10K every one looses there minds.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's ok for skills and spells to hit 10K+ but heavy attacks that hit over 10K every one looses there minds.

I think this is the third time I seen you reword the jokers quote lol
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If stealth is involved, yes.

Every community I have seen since I started mmoing in 97' complains about stealth. Those who don't enjoy that playstyle complain it's not fair and or cheap. Sheeple will be sheeple /shrug
    Here since Beta.

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

Every community I have seen since I started mmoing in 97' complains about stealth. Those who don't enjoy that playstyle complain it's not fair and or cheap. Sheeple will be sheeple /shrug

But that's the thing if he was able to sneak up on a another living players to let off a fully charge heavy attack with a 2H weapon in the middle of a heavy PvE npc and heavy PvP area then he deserves to get a 10K hit like so many things have to go right to do it.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you folks running with such low HP and not running a counter or hiding?
    Well, of course there was a fight and i was at about 50% health when i got hit. And yes, that was a crit out of stealth.
    :smile:
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But that's the thing if he was able to sneak up on a another living players to let off a fully charge heavy attack with a 2H weapon in the middle of a heavy PvE npc and heavy PvP area then he deserves to get a 10K hit like so many things have to go right to do it.

Oh don't misunderstand me, I am ALL for stealth play. It's my only real passion when I play am MMO. So I completely agree.
    I'm just saying there are folks out there that have no clue what it's like and think the playstyle is cheezy and easy, thus they think it's BS.

What I find sad is, the amount of counters to stealth are more plentiful in this game than any other I have played. But people would rather complain like a bunch of natch's rather than slot them because they are situational.
    Here since Beta.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He tried this garbage with me on live and I bashed his face in.

If people are hitting this hard on PTS then it is possible that the CP Heavy Attack passive is additive with the Battle Spirit buff instead of multiplicative with it.

I'll have to do some testing to determine the problem but it wouldn't surprise me if ZoS missed a few in their sweep.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

If people are hitting this hard on PTS then it is possible that the CP Heavy Attack passive is additive with the Battle Spirit buff instead of multiplicative with it.

I'll have to do some testing to determine the problem but it wouldn't surprise me if ZoS missed a few in their sweep.

I don't see how, as I am getting a near 50% reduction versus what I can do on live. Which is odd since it should just be 30%
    Edited by Xeniph on August 18, 2015 7:48PM
    Here since Beta.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't see how, as I am getting a near 50% reduction versus what I can do on live. Which is odd since it should just be 30%

Well with Heavy attacks they benefit from two sets of damage increases ..both Mighty and "Weapon Expert" Passive. It is possible that players with a ton of champion points are benefiting from this but I know from watching Kerviz's stream recently that he only has ~147 CPs so maybe only one of those two passives is bugged or possibly only the "Blade Expert" passive.
    On PTS I think they give you 300 points though correct? (I haven't rolled a template char yet).

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well with Heavy attacks they benefit from two sets of damage increases ..both Mighty and "Weapon Expert" Passive. It is possible that players with a ton of champion points are benefiting from this but I know from watching Kerviz's stream recently that he only has ~147 CPs so maybe only one of those two passives is bugged or possibly only the "Blade Expert" passive.
    On PTS I think they give you 300 points though correct? (I haven't rolled a template char yet).

No, I know, I drop 50/50 into both these passive, myself. I'm saying that I run the same CP spec live/pts and am not seeing any errors.
    Edited by Xeniph on August 18, 2015 8:03PM
    Here since Beta.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, I know, I drop 50/50 into both these passive, myself. I'm saying that I run the same CP spec live/pts and am not seeing any errors.

If you are seeing a 50% drop from what you did on live then it is likely one of them was in fact bugged since you should only be seeing a 37.5% drop in damage.

A 10K heavy attack seems reasonable but a 14K heavy attack does not.

It is possible that the Khajiit passive itself is what is bugged. It should be easy to determine whether or not this is the case.

If there is one thing I've learn in testing this game it is to never take ZoS at their word when they say they've fixed something.
    Edited by Ezareth on August 18, 2015 8:09PM
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are seeing a 50% drop from what you did on live then it is likely one of them was in fact bugged since you should only be seeing a 37.5% drop in damage.

It is possible that the Khajiit passive itself is what is bugged. It should be easy to determine whether or not this is the case.

If there is one thing I've learn in testing this game it is to never take ZoS at their word when they say they've fixed something.

I got ya. I was testing by replicating my build on live, no access to my own sets. So some of the reduction could be due to the crappy template gear. Also I was using a Bosmer with the same stealth passive, but I can see now that since they messed with kajiit passives it could be limited to them.

I am going to continute to test as much as I can this playstyle, since it's what I love, so i'll let you know if I find anything wonky.
    Here since Beta.

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Heavy attacks on live with Dual Wield & Relentless Focus+Major Brutality: 22-23k

22 500-30%=15 750~ damage on average

or if you want to use 37.5% modifier (still not sure where this number is from):

22 500-37,5%=14 062 damage on average

Nothing out of the ordinary here for this Imperial NB.
    Edited by DDuke on August 18, 2015 8:18PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Heavy attacks on live with Dual Wield & Relentless Focus+Major Brutality: 22-23k

22 500-30%=15 750~ damage on average

or if you want to use 37.5% modifier (still not sure where this number is from):

22 500-37,5%=14 062 damage on average

Nothing out of the ordinary here for this Imperial NB.

Keep in mind that the Cyrodiil buff is currently bugged on live as well. There are some damage abilities and passives that are additive with it as well which will throw off your comparisons there.

The formulas should all work out exactly and you can *never* take a tooltip at base value.

For instance did you know that the Shield Passive that increases your block amount by 8/15% when blocking projectiles actually only provides 7/14%? I did a small test the other day on live to verify the numbers (I have to verify *everything* for good reason in this game) and discovered this. A relatively minor bug/error yet I guarantee it has existed since the launch of the game and out of all of the block spammers out there I've never heard anyone mention it.

Anyways the numbers worked out *exactly* once I accounted for that 14% versus 15%. IF something seems close yet not perfect then you problably have a mistake somewhere.

The 37.5%(Multiply by .625) reduction is the reduction percentage applied to 80% to get you to 50% which is the difference in damage from live to PTS.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol I dont even...

Biggest burst heal I ever have achieved in pts, is like 13k-ish with 2 second cast timed spell, a templar skill Ritual of Rebirth. Instant one is like 7k with 30% bonus heal. And that is with everything in magicka, without any defence.
    So yeah... Lol.. Better to nerf all defence/heal options. And more pew pew

With my build on the PTS as a template character, I get 11k crits for BoL on myself in healing ritual, and have 31k HP. Also have 2800 regen and 24k magicka. Just gotta mess around with things for a bit.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I dont even...

Biggest burst heal I ever have achieved in pts, is like 13k-ish with 2 second cast timed spell, a templar skill Ritual of Rebirth. Instant one is like 7k with 30% bonus heal. And that is with everything in magicka, without any defence.

@Soris lol really? i was specced for max damage and i got 25k crits from ritual haha
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Lol I dont even...

With my build on the PTS as a template character, I get 11k crits for BoL on myself in healing ritual, and have 31k HP. Also have 2800 regen and 24k magicka. Just gotta mess around with things for a bit.

do you plan to live or something? o.O
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh don't misunderstand me, I am ALL for stealth play. It's my only real passion when I play am MMO. So I completely agree.
    I'm just saying there are folks out there that have no clue what it's like and think the playstyle is cheezy and easy, thus they think it's BS.

What I find sad is, the amount of counters to stealth are more plentiful in this game than any other I have played. But people would rather complain like a bunch of natch's rather than slot them because they are situational.

Yea stealth is lack luster but if it was any more powerful you know players would abuse the living day lights out of it and be getting 10K+ stealth hits on everything even light attacks.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    cap dmg per hit at 5k in PvP -->fixed all problems

ok shields and healing would have to be adjusted too, but that should be an easy task
    Edited by Malediktus on August 18, 2015 11:33PM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver