The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Heavy attacks for 10k?

Soris
Soris
✭✭✭✭✭
I wear 5 heavy armor piece when these hits happen. I know armor rating doesn't matter much vs stamina builds but where is that 30% damage reduction? And wth is that proc rate of camo hunter?
rY5kR55.jpg
HMpsDor.jpg
Edited by Soris on August 18, 2015 7:00AM
Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it was a crit from a gold destro staff.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was 2h sword dual wield and bow as it already shown in death recap.
    Edited by Soris on August 18, 2015 8:13AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are gankers. They use just buff for max damage. Buff their heavy attacks through CP. And then out of stealth they hit like trucks. The first one from Kerviz is actually DW i think. Hence why you would be taking 2x camo hunter coz each sword counts as one.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah probably. Though it isn't common atm, just a handful of people have this much damage. But instagib is certainly happening while the lead combat designer says the opposite. In no time people will discover the secrets and voila! Welcome to gankfest.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha it is reduced, should see what these 2 hit for on Live. TBH in 2.1 no real difference between light, medium or heavy. Just what shields you spam and mitigation you exploit.

Camo with dude on it is the 15% chance
    Camo with the weapon is 100% from stealth bonus
    They are both geared and traited for that alpha (max) hit and a wet noodle could kill them
    CP stacking for that heavy alpha
    9% from fighters guild
    Easy heavy->skill->stealth /repeat
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    and a wet noodle could kill them
    Idk man, with rally and vigor together with dodge and cloak they are not that much glass. But if they ever die, only greed is what it kills them, not my jabs.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LMAO!!!

Kerviz at it again. He's on twitch, pretty under-rated but chill guy.

He only attack's from stealth. Heavy Attack into Soul Harvest. He also use's Camo hunter which will proc 100% from stealth if your a vampire. I'm not sure if you can proc the 15% chance also for 2 proc's.

(wtf though, in the damage log it's called Scourge Harvest? )
    Edit: Scourge Harvester aaah. Neat

He has a max weapon damage setup 3500ish and is double 2h khajit.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 18, 2015 8:55AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    silky_soft wrote: »
    and a wet noodle could kill them
    Idk man, with rally and vigor together with dodge and cloak they are not that much glass. But if they ever die, only greed is what it kills them, not my jabs.

Neither are Sorcs with their shields.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, though magicka sorc damage is no where near to these stamina builds.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (wtf though, in the damage log it's called Scourge Harvest? )
    It is Malubeth set proc

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m just waiting for someone to tell you radiant magelight is the solution to all your problems.

/lurk
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I´m just waiting for someone to tell you radiant magelight is the solution to all your problems.

/lurk

RM is teh soution to all your problems....

not!
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

/lurk
    Ha you said already! :P But seriously it would only fair if sneak was a slotable ability. Or that sneak damage multiplier required certain skills to be slotted etc...
    Edited by Soris on August 18, 2015 9:12AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any attack can hit for almost double than normal when you attack from behind whilst hidde
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    But instagib is certainly happening while the lead combat designer says the opposite.
    So, actually, these "melee" classes (bow included) still hit like a truck with just their heavy weapon attack, while the 50% nurf just hit "meow" classes, as magicka templars, the hardest way.
    Edited by Francescolg on August 18, 2015 10:19AM
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerviz does like 21k heavy attacks in live right now so seeing it reduced to 10k it doesn't seem that bad, if your a glass cannon then yeah you will still die in 3 hits but more sturdier plays at least get a split second to defend.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My sneak heavy attacks with NB are critting for around 22-23k on Live now, I expect them to still be around 16-17k after patch.

That said, my magicka DK is frequently critting 25-30k outside of stealth with heavy attacks with fire staff on live (and those are ranged)... can't wait for that nirn nerf lol
    Edited by DDuke on August 18, 2015 10:53AM
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did any one else notice (from the pictures)...that even though the OP complains about being hit and killed, he is in fact using a cheat and exploit to run both WW and Vamp???

Surely this is more of an issue than someone using Camo
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did any one else notice (from the pictures)...that even though the OP complains about being hit and killed, he is in fact using a cheat and exploit to run both WW and Vamp???

Could be the cause of camo hunter proccing so frequently, who knows ^^

That said, it's easy to become both a vampire & WW on PTS, since you just use the books they provided with templates. On live, I believe it was possibly at one point to become both, but they fixed that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I dont even...

Biggest burst heal I ever have achieved in pts, is like 13k-ish with 2 second cast timed spell, a templar skill Ritual of Rebirth. Instant one is like 7k with 30% bonus heal. And that is with everything in magicka, without any defence.
    So yeah... Lol.. Better to nerf all defence/heal options. And more pew pew
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerviz has a great stream when he is up on twitch. He's probably doing that without Dark Stalker right now because the vamp skills weren't leveled which is pretty impressive. Try sneaking up like he does to get in those heavy attacks from behind (mostly). He moves around the battle field in stealth so deliberately and calmly like he just knows that nobody can see him and it's amazing how often they don't.

Edit: Nevermind about Dark Stalker. He's listed at level 34 so this must be an image from before the char wipe last week?
    Edited by ScruffyWhiskers on August 18, 2015 11:26AM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I just used the books as Dduke already said. And it was my first day with my main after EU copy. And I was quite surprised as well that I can actually use both. Next day I removed WW as you see in 2nd picture.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff stacking from stealth... a feature brought to you by the Nightblade Syndicate.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol I dont even...

Biggest burst heal I ever have achieved in pts, is like 13k-ish with 2 second cast timed spell, a templar skill Ritual of Rebirth. Instant one is like 7k with 30% bonus heal. And that is with everything in magicka, without any defence.

Keep in mind it takes quite a long time to charge a heavy attack (much more than Snipe/Wrecking Blow).

I haven't properly tested these, but it seems to be around 2 seconds for DW Heavy & 3 seconds for a fire staff heavy.

DW Heavy is also quite weak out of stealth (hits for less than a Surprise Attack even if both hits crit), but very strong from stealth (hits for more than a Surprise Attack).

Fire Staff heavy hits like a truck though (especially on DK) :smile:
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping in mind that death recap is only last 5 hits prior to KB.

What type of shield did you have up at the time (blazing, ward)?

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Lol I dont even...

Keep in mind it takes quite a long time to charge a heavy attack (much more than Snipe/Wrecking Blow).

I haven't properly tested these, but it seems to be around 2 seconds for DW Heavy & 3 seconds for a fire staff heavy.

DW Heavy is also quite weak out of stealth (hits for less than a Surprise Attack even if both hits crit), but very strong from stealth (hits for more than a Surprise Attack).

Fire Staff heavy hits like a truck though (especially on DK) :smile:

Yeah but they are not the same. There is a huge difference between using a hard casted skill/heavy attack from stealth and using it when you lost more than half of your health + stun.
    Edited by Soris on August 18, 2015 11:30AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Check recount in 2nd pic.
    I don't use blazing and its morphs since it is only 3k shield. Harness and Healing ward the ones I use.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Check recount in 2nd pic.
    I don't use blazing and its morphs since it is only 3k shield. Harness and Healing ward the ones I use.

Ah yes thanks... I didn't see recount on that second pic
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Nevermind about Dark Stalker. He's listed at level 34 so this must be an image from before the char wipe last week?
    Yeah just checked, it's from last week, before the NA wipe. Though it was after EU char copy. Anyways. So I was most probably using that whitestrake heavy armor set provided for templates.
    So that screenshot also includes shield proc phase.

2nd one after EU char copy.
    Edited by Soris on August 18, 2015 11:53AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SH1K6G3.jpg?1
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta