The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Dedicated Imperial City Quest Feedback

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding City on the Brink:

Since it is possible to enter the Imperial City without ever having taken the quest from the Captain at the Cyrodiil Border Gates, and considering you can't do any Imperial City quests without doing this one first, I would like to propose that it should also be possible to take this quest from the General in the Sewers (the one that the quest sends you to anyway).

There also really needs to be some sort of in-game prompt (aside from the Tutorial entry) telling you about Imperial City. For this, I would propose a mail message similar to "Cyrodiil Awaits!" or the "Undaunted Enclave Invitation" which would direct you to the Captain in Cyrodiil like the Tutorial does. This mail message would arrive as soon as the Imperial City Collectible is "unlocked", much like the mails for the various mounts and pets.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Concerning Daily Quest "Watch Your Step" - Noble District
    (...) I think the one in the Nobles district might be bugged, I can't activate the last ogrim trap.
    I can confirm this. It wasn't even the last one. In my case I can't activate the top left trap close to the Noble Armoury and Sewer Entrance. Quest thus can't be completed. /bugged it hoping the /bug function works on PTS.

...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Menelaos wrote: »
    Concerning Daily Quest "Watch Your Step" - Noble District
    (...) I think the one in the Nobles district might be bugged, I can't activate the last ogrim trap.
    I can confirm this. It wasn't even the last one. In my case I can't activate the top left trap close to the Noble Armoury and Sewer Entrance. Quest thus can't be completed. /bugged it hoping the /bug function works on PTS.
    Hmm... were you by chance able to complete the daily quest in the Elven Gardens. It looks like one of the ballistae is bugged in the same manner as the ogrim trap.
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... were you by chance able to complete the daily quest in the Elven Gardens. It looks like one of the ballistae is bugged in the same manner as the ogrim trap.
    No, so far I did Temple, Arena, Arboretum and Noble. Only Noble bugged so far. Arena can even be completed from your Spawn platform if you are AD and bring some time.

Compared with their overall monotony I find the rewards (80 TV) ridiculous, however. ZOS could have handed out some of tthose blue, new Trophy Vault things instead. All quest rewards are just Tel Var, Tel Var, Tel Var and Tel Var. No item, no Xivkyn fragment, no costume, no pet or something. Not very creative, but quest rewards have always been one of ZOS' weaknesses...

• Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is doing 22k dmg by bitting jabs on one hit intentional? i dont think so - so pls fix it. Or i swear, i ll exploit the crap out of it :).
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Concerning Daily Quest "Dousing the Fires of Industry" - Elven Gardens District

The quest is indeed bugged. The ballista near the main gate to the Memorial District cannot be activated. Multiple log-offs but to no avail. Quest cannot be completed. /bugged
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Menelaos wrote: »
    No, so far I did Temple, Arena, Arboretum and Noble. Only Noble bugged so far. Arena can even be completed from your Spawn platform if you are AD and bring some time.

Compared with their overall monotony I find the rewards (80 TV) ridiculous, however. ZOS could have handed out some of tthose blue, new Trophy Vault things instead. All quest rewards are just Tel Var, Tel Var, Tel Var and Tel Var. No item, no Xivkyn fragment, no costume, no pet or something. Not very creative, but quest rewards have always been one of ZOS' weaknesses...
    Yeah, seems like daily quest implementation was sort of an afterthought/rush job. As it stands, I can't imagine there being anyone who would want to put time into them, and two of six are bugged haha. Even if the did add trophies or fragments as rewards, I'd rather pick them up elsewhere.

It's sort of a shame imo. I was really digging the zone. There's of feeling of danger and unpredictability I can't get in any other area of the game. Nothing like roll dodging into a sweeper. It's clear there was a lot effort put forward from all teams to really make the zone come together, but if you like your questing, you're sort of getting the shaft. PvE content after the main IC questline and dungeons seems to amount to grinding for tel var in the sewers.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial City Story achievement does not seem to include the quest "The Lock and the Legion" from Elven Gardens. Is that a bug? Since it is one of the District objective quests, I'm assuming it should be a story quest, and therefore should be in the achievement. For completeness, I think City on the Brink should be in the achievement as well.
    [/bump]
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Regarding City on the Brink:

Since it is possible to enter the Imperial City without ever having taken the quest from the Captain at the Cyrodiil Border Gates, and considering you can't do any Imperial City quests without doing this one first, I would like to propose that it should also be possible to take this quest from the General in the Sewers (the one that the quest sends you to anyway).
    Oh gods yes. I walked straight past the Khajiit General at the AD gates. In my friend's game, the Captain was standing right by the Transitus Shrine ready to greet him. But in my game, he was up by the table where you pick up normal Cyrodiil quests. Of course, I could see a quest arrow up there, but I didn't know it was an Imperial City quest arrow. So I didn't go and talk to him, and then when I got into the AD Sewers I had no quests and no way of getting any. And my friend was telling me over voice chat "Go and talk to the Drake of Blades", and I didn't know who that was, and he was jumping up and down going "Right here! ...You did talk to General Nedras, didn't you?", and I said "Of course...". Anyway, it was very confusing, and that needs to be changed.

Also, to anyone, I still don't see the point of the Scouting quests. What is their purpose? I found the Drake in the Memorial District offering a story quest even though I'd never received (let alone completed) the Memorial District Scouting quest.
    Me either. I'm not even sure if I got a reward for doing any of them, since nothing appeared on my screen like it normally does when I finish a quest. Clearly they're supposed to lead you to the correct area to do the 'real" quest, but why even have them?

Epona222 wrote: »
    Problem - it is not really at all clear how or even if the scouting missions fit into the main zone quest. If the scouting board is part of the main quest for the zone, I suggest keeping an overarching quest in the journal for the duration with an objective of "visit the scouting board to pick up missions for each district" with a checklist where the ones you have completed get a tick next to them and the ones still to do are greyed out. The way it is now is a bit disjointed. (Or perhaps bugged, and I didn't get given the next part of the IC main quest).

Oh and please please increase the number of quests that can be logged in the journal to 30 (or more) - plenty of us come to Cyro (and would go to IC) between doing quests in PvE zones, and the addition of new quests is putting pressure on journal space for some of us. I shouldn't have to abandon PvE faction quests or side quests or scouting missions or guild quests or writs or dailies or dungeon quests or anything else that I haven't finished yet just in order to be able to pick up the additional multiple new quests added with the IC.
    This is genius! 25 quest spaces in the journal really isn't enough anyway, I'm abandoning quests all the time. 30 would be much more reasonable.

Overall, I didn't encounter much camping/ganking in any region save the Nobles District. The doors are bugged to hell, and I could not for the life of me finish the Southern door objective. The sigil would usually disappear between waves and no more mobs would appear, or we'd make it to the last boss, and she'd disappear before dying, and the objective would not be completed. This was further impeded by player beginning to camp the area. They caught onto the fact that we were trying to do the quest and frequently dropped by the area. After leaving and coming back, I managed to finally finish the quest, but it took several attempts, as the door was still bugged.
    Personally I'm having no problems with doors, but a ton of problems with the entrances to sewers. Sewers --> Imperial City or vice versa takes more than a full minute of loading screen time (I've measured it with a stopwatch every time I've remembered).

I've done the Knowledge is Power (Arboretum), Of Brands and Bones (Memorial District), The Lock and the Legion (Nobles' District I think??) and tried to do the Temple District quest which I can't remember the name of.

The Memorial District is unbelievably full of PvPers. Seriously, I don't know why 95% of the PvPers are in this one district when there are six districts of the Imperial City to choose from. It is very hard to do the Memorial District quest when you can't walk anywhere without passing through a PvP conflict. Every area that you need to go to for the Of Brands and Bones quest is under the spawn point for one of the three Alliances. It makes the quest disproportionately hard.

I can't help feeling it would help if the spawn points for the Alliances were more spread out geographically, but aren't there six exits from the Alliance Bases? Obviously players just decided "PvP will be in the Memorial District tonight" and so everyone went there because that's where all the other PvPers were.
    Edited by baratron on August 10, 2015 9:34PM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug - The Lock and the Legion (Elven Gardens)
    It is not possible to interact with the vat of acid in the laboratory in order to taint the key.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not possible to interact with the vat of acid in the laboratory in order to taint the key.

I posted a thread on this a few days ago, it's very frustrating. Would have posted here but it seems this thread was buried off the first page where I didn't see it! :).
    Edited by Paulington on August 15, 2015 12:06AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    I posted a thread on this a few days ago, it's very frustrating. Would have posted here but it seems this thread was buried off the first page where I didn't see it! :).
    Ah yeah, I found your thread and bumped that one too :)
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of yesterday (v2.1.2) all the 6 inital districts are working as intended, I was able to complete the questline to unlock the daily quests. I have yet to do any of the dailies though.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    As of yesterday (v2.1.2) all the 6 inital districts are working as intended, I was able to complete the questline to unlock the daily quests. I have yet to do any of the dailies though.
    Thanks for posting this; I wasn't going to bother trying again, but after seeing this, I'm glad I did. The Vat of Acid in "The Lock and the Legion" was working for me today!
  • Elements001
    I am unable to unlock the imperial arena champion Xbox achievement. I have completed the arena quest twice on two different characters, as well as run through the entire arena many many times. I have unlocked the in game achievement, but the Xbox achievement will not unlock. It took me 3 days for my faction to get in past the other spamming caltrops, and when finally did the achievement apparently glitches. Is there anything I can do about this?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am unable to unlock the imperial arena champion Xbox achievement. I have completed the arena quest twice on two different characters, as well as run through the entire arena many many times. I have unlocked the in game achievement, but the Xbox achievement will not unlock. It took me 3 days for my faction to get in past the other spamming caltrops, and when finally did the achievement apparently glitches. Is there anything I can do about this?
    I didn't even realise there were new XBL achievements with Imperial City :neutral:
    The best thing to do here is to post this as a new thread in Xbox Tech Support.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I abandoned the quests for The Nobles District, The Temple District and the Arena District on my EU server main because they were too hard to solo and assumed I could pick them up again later. Apparently not! Now I can't even do Daily quests because I can't progress and I've completed the other three districts.
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on October 30, 2015 11:52AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I abandoned the quests for The Nobles District, The Temple District and the Arena District on my EU server main because they were too hard to solo and assumed I could pick them up again later. Apparently not! Now I can't even do Daily quests because I can't progress and I've completed the other three districts.
    @SteveCampsOut Did you go back up to the district rally points? You can't get them again from the board in the sewers, but you should find a quest giver up in the districts themselves, right by your alliance banner (sometimes it may take a minute or two for them to actually appear).
  • TastesAllColors
    TastesAllColors
    ✭✭✭
    Bump because I'm having a problem with this quest since the recent update.

I cannot finish the Imperial Standard quest where you defend the Southern doors against daedra. It is specifically the Southern doors and it is a recent problem because I was able to complete the quest on other toons before the update. There is another earlier post about this issue but in that case it was resolved by the player not going outside of the highlighted circle. I have stayed within the circle, even staying close to the door and not going beyond the wood fence and I still have this problem.

I've done it about 10 times. Every time the NPCs simply disappear mid fight. I have no idea why this happens. I have filed a bug report. I CANNOT complete the IC quest line. Please fix this.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where are the PvP objectives in IC?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP OBJECTIVES. PLEASE ADD THEM.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • ShadowThief3384
    For the love of God, please fix the bug with the Imperial Standard quest in the Noble's District. I have been trying to complete it for two weeks now and the issue i run into is that either the north or the south door will not spawn. the first few times I was trying to complete the quest in order of the Doors listed (North, West, South), but the south door would never spawn. then someone suggested switching campaigns, and I was so excited at first because i tried doing the south door first and it worked! however, when i got to the North door now, THAT does not spawn. i have abandoned and restarted this quest a dozen times with no effect. I cannot progress in the storyline until this quest is complete!

this is a very common bug that has apparently been in effect since 2015; it is now January 2017 and its STILL not fixed?! that is so POOR POOR POOR customer service. either fix the bug or get rid of the quest. It feels pointless to do anything else in the IC until i can progress. Very disappointed!
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the love of God, please fix the bug with the Imperial Standard quest in the Noble's District. I have been trying to complete it for two weeks now and the issue i run into is that either the north or the south door will not spawn. the first few times I was trying to complete the quest in order of the Doors listed (North, West, South), but the south door would never spawn. then someone suggested switching campaigns, and I was so excited at first because i tried doing the south door first and it worked! however, when i got to the North door now, THAT does not spawn. i have abandoned and restarted this quest a dozen times with no effect. I cannot progress in the storyline until this quest is complete!

this is a very common bug that has apparently been in effect since 2015; it is now January 2017 and its STILL not fixed?! that is so POOR POOR POOR customer service. either fix the bug or get rid of the quest. It feels pointless to do anything else in the IC until i can progress. Very disappointed!

Yeah. It bugs out sometimes for me as well. I always just stood around the quest-areas & waited until it spawned. You can hear this man yell "[.....] Hold the inner door!" Then you know one of the doors spawned. Idk, I usually just solved it by waiting. Kill the boss or surrounding mobs meanwhile, you'll hear that man screaming anyway!
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try doing it on a day after server maintenance has been done. Also try on Haderas. Ive had it working there when it didn't in other servers
    Beta tester November 2013