The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Dedicated Imperial City Quest Feedback

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to share your feedback and report any bugs you discover while playing through the Imperial City quests and main story. Tell us what you liked, didn't like, and any issues you ran into.

Thanks again for helping us test the Imperial City!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    White Gold Tower is having instancing and group cohesion bugs. I spent the last 40 minutes trying to get into the same instance as my party. We tried traveling to each other, reforming, going in one at a time, and more. Each time, we got "instance is full" errors and no more than 3 of us at a time could be in the same area.

Also, the lag form the rest of Cyrodiil was still present and we got massive lag spikes without even being in combat.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    evedgebah wrote: »
    White Gold Tower is having instancing and group cohesion bugs. I spent the last 40 minutes trying to get into the same instance as my party. We tried traveling to each other, reforming, going in one at a time, and more. Each time, we got "instance is full" errors and no more than 3 of us at a time could be in the same area.

Also, the lag form the rest of Cyrodiil was still present and we got massive lag spikes without even being in combat.
    Massive lag seems to be present in all of ESO right now. Live server and PTS are getting really, REALLY bad lag for all my guild members, both in PVE zones and Cyrodiil.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

Massive lag seems to be present in all of ESO right now. Live server and PTS are getting really, REALLY bad lag for all my guild members, both in PVE zones and Cyrodiil.

Confirmed. Hearing huge numbers of complaints on live about the latency tonight in both pve and pvp, and having it myself even when I closed the patcher temporarily. I don't think it's PTS-related alone :(.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was looking forward to doing the quests, back-to-back crashing makes testing impossible, for me at least.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warning: some lag and crashes may be co-incidental, due to the download of Windows 10 in the background on your PCs - this just started on Monday night (for some). Windows Update service tends to make my ESO very "laggy" when it is doing its stuff.
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    No windows update, been submitting every crash report possible.
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, this is the best experience I've had on PTS. Imperial City is super fun so far, and I think the main issue I was concerned with (infinite roots) was fixed. I noticed little things like the green on your feet when you roll dodge, and even that when you turn while sprinting your sensitivity is reduced. I like all of it, from the increased glyph effectiveness to reduced skill costs. Of course the only issue is the crashing, but I'm sure it will be fixed eventually. I crashed probably 5 times over the course of 2 hours, which seems to be less than most people are experiencing. But overall, I'm enjoying the update, and once the bugs are polished we may see some old/new players willing to sub or shell out some crowns for this content.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

Confirmed. Hearing huge numbers of complaints on live about the latency tonight in both pve and pvp, and having it myself even when I closed the patcher temporarily. I don't think it's PTS-related alone :(.
    Is it possible for PTS and Live to affect each other? I would have thought they were completely separate.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The latency on live could just be because of the missed maintenance this week, I often find it gets worse during the week anyway, and moreso when weekly maintenance doesn't take place, presumably because no-one mucked out the hamster cage on Monday.

In terms of Imperial City main quest? It is REALLY confusing, and I am someone who reads all the dialogue. I pick it up from the new NPC standing next to Zimmeron (sp?) who sends me to the Imperial Sewers. I speak to the guy in charge there, who tells me to speak to the NPC (somethingorother Blade). I speak to the Blade person, then there is no quest in my journal. Then I see a quest marker for the IC scouting board and pick up a random quest there.

Problem - it is not really at all clear how or even if the scouting missions fit into the main zone quest. If the scouting board is part of the main quest for the zone, I suggest keeping an overarching quest in the journal for the duration with an objective of "visit the scouting board to pick up missions for each district" with a checklist where the ones you have completed get a tick next to them and the ones still to do are greyed out. The way it is now is a bit disjointed. (Or perhaps bugged, and I didn't get given the next part of the IC main quest).

Oh and please please increase the number of quests that can be logged in the journal to 30 (or more) - plenty of us come to Cyro (and would go to IC) between doing quests in PvE zones, and the addition of new quests is putting pressure on journal space for some of us. I shouldn't have to abandon PvE faction quests or side quests or scouting missions or guild quests or writs or dailies or dungeon quests or anything else that I haven't finished yet just in order to be able to pick up the additional multiple new quests added with the IC.
    Edited by Epona222 on July 29, 2015 9:17AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Epona222 Quicky question to sate my curiosity (won't be on PTS myself for another 8 hours); are the IC quests from the new NPC Captain and the IC board listed under "Cyrodiil", or something else? ty :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Epona222 Quicky question to sate my curiosity (won't be on PTS myself for another 8 hours); are the IC quests from the new NPC Captain and the IC board listed under "Cyrodiil", or something else? ty :)

You pick up the initial quest to go to the IC from a new NPC standing right next to the one who gives you the quests to reclaim your alliance's elder scrolls. They stand so close together I think they may be lovers :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to notice?

AWFULLY LONG

loading times.

This is beyond anything ive seen in ESO so far.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two more questions for anyone -

How does the IC story progress after the initial quest? Is it from the Scouting quests?
    Are there any daily quests in the City?
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Finished the main IC questline last night, and have a couple observations. Spoilers ahoy!

I really do like the way the quests are set up. Challenging, but capable of being done solo, with the possible exception of the Temple/Arena district quests. Those have objectives that require a few more bodies, and other alliances are fond of popping in after you've nearly destroyed all the mobs. The Arena itself wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be, and a group of two could feasibly do it. The real excitement starts when another alliance jumps in, and you have to dodge NPC fire while killing other players.

Overall, I didn't encounter much camping/ganking in any region save the Nobles District. The doors are bugged to hell, and I could not for the life of me finish the Southern door objective. The sigil would usually disappear between waves and no more mobs would appear, or we'd make it to the last boss, and she'd disappear before dying, and the objective would not be completed. This was further impeded by player beginning to camp the area. They caught onto the fact that we were trying to do the quest and frequently dropped by the area. After leaving and coming back, I managed to finally finish the quest, but it took several attempts, as the door was still bugged.

The Dragonfire cathedral quest was pretty nuts. I had a few "oh crap" moments, especially when the Gate Crasher barreled in. I'm a bit bummed about
    what happened to the Drake of Blades you monsters
    but ultimately it was a lot of fun.

Dailies I'm a bit more disappointed with. I've only been able to complete the one in the Memorial District so far. I think the one in the Nobles district might be bugged, I can't activate the last ogrim trap. But from what I can tell, there's only one daily quest per district? And i'm not finding any of them particularly gripping. I don't know, I guess I was hoping for a bit more.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/202312/the-lock-and-the-legios-quest-lost-and-confused#latest

About The Lock and the Legion quest. I find the quest markers extremely misleading and am temporarily giving up on this quest. My quest markers are trying to point me to a door I can't reach.

How does the IC story progress after the initial quest? Is it from the Scouting quests?

According to the notes there should be daily quests available after you complete the main quest. Which, well, I'm trying to do.. but not getting far.

The first quest I was sent to do was for the arena, it took me awhile to find a group but I had a blast while doing it! I found the area challenging, but not impossible. I was fortunate and did not have enemy players hop in at the time though. I found fighting the mobs exciting, and they seemed to be very tough (well, they hit me hard at least). I was also excited once it was complete to be able to go through a "back door" and have some moments of safety (quest area) after the intense arena.

As well, I find the quests and questions you ask much more interesting than most in this quest line, the questions I can ask are actually ones I would have wanted to, and so far any NPC's I have had to talk to were very entertaining. I am loving the Drake of Blades so far! It's the first time since Raz I actually REALLY enjoyed a character and they were memorable.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

According to the notes there should be daily quests available after you complete the main quest. Which, well, I'm trying to do.. but not getting far.
    I hope there's a reasonable quantity of daily quests to do. The old datamining suggested there would be 3 or 4 per district and another 6 in the sewers, which would give ~30 dailies per day, but the achievements that detailed them in datamining don't exist on PTS, so I'm concerned that they were all scrapped.

With hardly any PvE daily quests, the repeatable, objective-based content that IC was looking to be so good for no longer seems to be there.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this the case? Can you confirm how many dailies the Imperial City has available? If less than expected, are you able to comment on why the others were scrapped? Thanks!

Also, to anyone, I still don't see the point of the Scouting quests. What is their purpose? I found the Drake in the Memorial District offering a story quest even though I'd never received (let alone completed) the Memorial District Scouting quest.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope there's a reasonable quantity of daily quests to do. The old datamining suggested there would be 3 or 4 per district and another 6 in the sewers, which would give ~30 dailies per day, but the achievements that detailed them in datamining don't exist on PTS, so I'm concerned that they were all scrapped.

With hardly any PvE daily quests, the repeatable, objective-based content that IC was looking to be so good for no longer seems to be there.

ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this the case? Can you confirm how many dailies the Imperial City has available? If less than expected, are you able to comment on why the others were scrapped? Thanks!

Also, to anyone, I still don't see the point of the Scouting quests. What is their purpose? I found the Drake in the Memorial District offering a story quest even though I'd never received (let alone completed) the Memorial District Scouting quest.

@Enodoc I think the scouting quest you grab from the board is just a little quest to lead you to the right area to grab the main quest from whoever is there.. just kinda of a "go here" quest. I imagine once I complete the main quest that the dailies will be grabbed from that board.. once I finish the one I'm stuck on.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this the case? Can you confirm how many dailies the Imperial City has available? If less than expected, are you able to comment on why the others were scrapped? Thanks!

Sorry, but all the pvpers are telling me left and right that IC is PVP zone, why would then ZOS put even more PVE quests in there if PVPers care only about kills?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but all the pvpers are telling me left and right that IC is PVP zone, why would then ZOS put even more PVE quests in there if PVPers care only about kills?
    The official line is that it's a combined PvP and PvE zone. Why would ZOS remove some of the PvE content? On that same note, why would they remove some of the PvP content (district control)? They just seem to have scrapped anything that is remotely repeatable for both PvE and PvP.

But I don't want to deviate the thread topic. This thread is about the quests, and I'm asking about whether the quantity of repeatable quests that were believed to be here for the PvE players are still here or not.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far the quests have been pretty enjoyable. I have a couple pieces of feedback so far.

- The difficulty scale increases as you progress. The first two districts can be done solo easily. The 3rd and 4th district are better for at least two people. I haven't finished the forth district because we ended up fighting AD and DC over the spawn all night, which was cool. It's not that big of a deal but I wasn't expecting the fights to step up in difficulty like that after the first two districts.

- During the quest in the first district there was a step with way points at some skeletons digging. They were aggressive but died instantly if you attacked them. It was strange that the waypoint was here because to complete the quest you had to kill a certain type of add throughout the area. I questioned it my first time through. My friend was also a bit confused at first. It would seem the quest, at this step, should have a large area way point. It was neat to see the skeletons digging, which may have been missed without markers, but perhaps the directions could be a bit clearer.

Other than that I've really enjoyed the small scale PvP/PvE mix. The quest have been to my liking, though I'd prefer something 1-2 people can sneakily complete for the main quest. Some fights are long, wide open and draw crowds. I'm interest to see what the daily quests will be.
  • Naphariel
    Naphariel
    ✭✭✭
    Are you supposed to get credit for the arena fight when an enemy faction completes the event from start to finish?

I just grabbed the quest, sneaked into the arena, saw there were a couple of EP players already fighting, watched them kill the boss, went to turn in the quest. Never engaged in combat with anything the whole time.

I didn't get the arena achievement (still shows 0/4 bosses killed), but it counted towards the quest.
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because we don't -only- care about kills.
    Pull your head out of the dark crevasse it's currently stuck in and stop generalizing. You really don't know what we all want/like because we're all different.

Seriously man, every thread I look at has you whinging about why this or that is going to be the end of the game or ruin everything or why all PvPers are sociopaths. Just stop. If you're not going to be constructive go back to Live and leave PTS for those of us who actually want to make this better.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naphariel wrote: »
    Are you supposed to get credit for the arena fight when an enemy faction completes the event from start to finish?

I just grabbed the quest, sneaked into the arena, saw there were a couple of EP players already fighting, watched them kill the boss, went to turn in the quest. Never engaged in combat with anything the whole time.

I didn't get the arena achievement (still shows 0/4 bosses killed), but it counted towards the quest.

I imagine it is set as one of the quests that you get to go on if you are in a certain vicinity. Something I thought odd though, is maybe I was just too into the fight, but I don't think I actually received Tel Var stones from the mobs in the arena. I did get the achievement for killing the mobs though.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can not get simple quests done.

PVE wise, always ganked by players, mostly templars spamming jabs all day and night.

Any stones earned are lost, especially after hard and tough boss fights.

Can not imagine fishing or achievement hunting in this zone.

My main is a tank, you obviously did not think this through. The footman 5 piece set will require head and shoulder pieces, + 5 piece black rose for a proc chance. Meaning no 2 piece undaunted and no undaunted passives for max health gain.

Its fun killing mobs and players at the same time, but when you want to just quest....virtually impossible at this time.

You need to reconsider the stamina regen while blocking thing you have, Tanks deal very little damage compared to the burst from other players. Even so, how is a tank build supposed to quest and fight those monsters and npcs?

I can not stress this enough, that 1 button spam jabs needs to be addressed, a zerg of 8-12 templars running all using one ability they unlocked at level 2 that constantly stuns (even when your immune to CC) needs to be revised. You can not use ulti, drink potion, swap, use skills or anything when you have 3+ templars spaming one ability.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    @Enodoc @MissBizz

Unfortunately it looks like PvE dailies amount to one daily quest per district, which will be the same quest everyday. There will be an NPC next to the trapdoor you leave the base from. I completed the main storyline a couple days ago, and so far haven't found any signs of any other quest givers in the districts or sewers.

I'm hoping I'll run across another quest giver eventually, but I'm pretty sure half the PvE in this area was scrapped.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately it looks like PvE dailies amount to one daily quest per district, which will be the same quest everyday. There will be an NPC next to the trapdoor you leave the base from. I completed the main storyline a couple days ago, and so far haven't found any signs of any other quest givers in the districts or sewers.

I'm hoping I'll run across another quest giver eventually, but I'm pretty sure half the PvE in this area was scrapped.

@theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO Alright, so the Arena quest where I had to go into the arena and kill all the mobs was for sure part of the main quest? I found it a bit odd that after I talked to the Drake I just had no quests, and then I grabbed a quest from the board. Grabbing a brand new quest from the board felt like a "daily" but I knew I hadn't completed the main quest.

Do you have any advice on the quest I'm stuck on? Is the guy I need to talk to actually in the sewers? Any idea which sewer?

@theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO Alright, so the Arena quest where I had to go into the arena and kill all the mobs was for sure part of the main quest? I found it a bit odd that after I talked to the Drake I just had no quests, and then I grabbed a quest from the board. Grabbing a brand new quest from the board felt like a "daily" but I knew I hadn't completed the main quest.

Do you have any advice on the quest I'm stuck on? Is the guy I need to talk to actually in the sewers? Any idea which sewer?

The Lock and the Legion? Captain Regilus, I believe is in the area which you recieve the quest.

There's a sort of sewer system on a lower part of the district. I'll see if I can find it in game, and add a screenshot.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Lock and the Legion? Captain Regilus, I believe is in the area which you recieve the quest.

There's a sort of sewer system on a lower part of the district. I'll see if I can find it in game, and add a screenshot.

Yes The Lock and the Legion quest. As in where I drew the graffiti on the wall? A screenshot would be AMAZING. Thanks in advance if you do get a chance to post one @theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    @MissBizz Hopped on an alt and did the quest up to this point. Screenshots under tag:
    8RIn9xi.png
    Look for these guys. They'll be very close to the Aldmeri base.
    ylvWJ2M.jpg
    To the right side there will be a ramp that leads down to his hide out.
    6pcATVa.png
    Here's the door you'll look for.
    RZBlWbe.jpg]
    And the area in relation to the map (near the blue arrow)

Hope this helps!
    Edited by theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO on July 31, 2015 6:22PM
  • trippingchrissy
    FWIW, I had the quest to plant the banner one district in my journal, and two other group members had a different district's quest, so I dropped mine so that they could share theirs and we could all go together, since we everyone knows it's dangerous to go alone! I also had the Imperial Standard (?) quest active - the one to defend the doors in the Nobles district. Once I dropped my survey board quest, not only could I not receive their shared survey board quest, but I couldn't interact with the survey board at all to pick up a new quest. All the usual things like reloading ui, camping, quitting the game, etc. did nothing. Today I logged in and ofc still couldn't interact with the survey board or receive shared IC quests. However - I was able to share my quest with a friend, we completed it, and once it was over, I was suddenly able to interact with the survey board again and receive other shared quests. Other quest members who had other IC quests open were able to receive shared quests the whole time. I bugged it in game, but just in case anyone else runs into issues, here you go. :)
    ---
    Officer of House Reddoran, the official reddit guild for NA EP on PC/PS4/XB1