Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

How does the community feel about Nightblades getting a reliable self heal?

SOLDIER_1stClass
SOLDIER_1stClass
✭✭✭✭
Personally, I love my Nightblade however, I really wish the class had a viable self heal for those Ohh S*** moments that are not dependent on using a resto staff as my second weapon. Strife and its morphs are fine for sustainment but not for when you need a heal in a pinch in my opinion.
Edited by SOLDIER_1stClass on June 30, 2015 7:12AM

How does the community feel about Nightblades getting a reliable self heal? 47 votes

Yes! To adding a viable self heal for Nightblades
25%
Trollwutsand_manninjaguymanolsborgrordoggTicussJunkogenEmma_OverloadKlblkDarthForsbergSOLDIER_1stClassTheTraveler 12 votes
No! leave it to the resto staff
74%
Erlexmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOmichaelb14a_ESO2IllumousRylanaTalconDschiPeuntTankqullr.jan_emailb16_ESOJeckllBugCollectorStannumDeanTheCatheledironRavenSwornEthalidesdsalterVyle_ByteSorisJakeol 35 votes
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB allready has good self heal (even without using resto). Yesterday I've met good DK-player in non-vet PvP. We were fighting for about 5-7 minutes ( we have also used for 3 times ulti each) before I killed her. We have no problems with self-healing, but looks like I've had better resource managment.

As for "Ohh sh.." moments - soul siphon is good and "ohh sh..." pots are available to everyone
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a joke ? Perma roller NB hit like a truck, take no damage, have the best cc and can cloak away. They talking about nerfing whip and so on not to be undogeable anymore so I REALLY WONDER how you will hurt a roller, and now you want a self heal ?!!!!
    Edited by Vanzen on June 30, 2015 7:35AM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Only it should be magicka based and very impractical for stamina builds.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    Killers Blade + Mark Target heal, 60% of your HP ;)
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Nightblade myself... I'm going to have to vote no.

Every class has it's own playstyles and niches. If you give a viable class based burst self-heal to Nightblades, you will have to either give up the mobility or damage that the Nightblade outputs, in the name of balance.

Let's look at the other classes as comparisons.

Dragonknight:
    Pros:
    - High Melee Damage
    - Has a Class Heal
    - Has a Class Shield
    - Skillset for taking damage and surviving

Cons:
    - Immobile
    - Lack of range
    - No class based viable gapcloser
    - Damage is DoT based rather than burst based

Templar:
    Pros:
    - High Melee Damage
    - Decent Ranged Damage
    - Has a Class Heal
    - Has a Class Shield

Cons:
    - Immobile
    - Easily Kited
    - No class based viable gapcloser
    - Skills suffer from slow travel times and clunky animations

Sorcerer:
    Pros:
    - Very High Ranged Damage
    - Excellent Mobility
    - Has a Strong Class Shield
    - Panoply of utility and area denial abilities
    - Reduced ultimate costs, allowing more ultimates to be used

Cons:
    - Reliant on Shields
    - Attacks are delayed and easily mitigated
    - Lack of Stamina Management

Why does the sorc has offense, mobility and defense all rolled into one, I'll never know. P.S: This isn't a nerf sorcs thread. That's an issue for another thread completely.

Nightblade:
    Pros:
    - Very high melee damage
    - Decent ranged damage
    - Excellent Stamina management
    - Elusive
    - Panoply of debuffs

Cons:
    - No Class Burst Heal
    - No Class Shield
    - Defensive Mechanic (Cloak) is countered by a panoply of counters
    - Lack of soft CC

As you can see, each class has it's own strengths and weaknesses, each leading to unique playstyles for each class. This ensures that there will be some variety between players. If every class did exactly the same thing with different animations, how would that be interesting at all?
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different playstyle, different game plan. Nightblades has to kill to heal. So why should I worry about healing myself when I know all I need is to kill someone to reinvigorate me?
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a nightblade, and I vote no. However, I would like to see a stamina-based version of strife so I can more reliably get a decent heal over time on my character.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No matter how good the NB gets at doing damage, one obvious weakness should always be not having a one stop shop class based self heal like GDB.

The best nightblades both stamina and magicka have other ways to compensate for the lack of healing. They could give a stamina based swallow soul for a small heal, vigor looks like it's heading to rank 5 of alliance war (big mistake but whatever).
    Edited by OdinForge on June 30, 2015 1:02PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. I like the unique feel of Nightblade healing. If anything, Breath of Life could be less effective to make other healers more respected in general. As others stated before, we heal on kill, we avoid with Blur and mitigate with Shadow Barrier. The class has really nice mechanics...no need to give us a generic "oh ***" button.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swallow soul would be a good candidate for a stamina morph, imo.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, everyone should have an effective self-heal... which is why ZoS needs to remove the HORRIBLE COOLDOWN on Surge heals before they even THINK about buffing Nightblades!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the price we must pay for high burst imo, although if you pvp I would take a look at Vigor...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this is coming from a stamina Nightblade. Every class has a niche; ours is burst damage and good resource management. Our weakness is damage mitigation and self heals. This is ok because it's balanced. Now if we had good damage mitigation and healing on top of that, Nightblades would be too overpowered. Keep it as is or get nerf'd elsewhere. If you're magicka, get a resto staff, if you're stamina get rally and/or vigor.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As playing magicka nightblade in PvE, we can stack the HoT healings and mitigation, and that is enough. DPS is too low on magicka side but healing is good already, and we can boost it with resto staff.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um... maybe I'm not understanding, but isn't one of the perks of NB siphoning for self-heal? Between cloaking (to get a little breathing room) and drams, I would figure this is "self heal".

Unless people don't play NB with Siphoning? It's not much, but it's saved me many times. :/
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the community has spoken!

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the current amount of heals (and vigor to be reduced in its AP rank) available to them they simply dont need one.
    Edited by Tankqull on July 2, 2015 6:50AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerors too, damn restoration staff!!

PC EU
    PvP only