Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20 is pretty much what I expected for new zones really.

I keep a sub going, as the amount is negligible for me. £8.99 is a couple of pints of beer. *shrug*

Edited by JD2013 on July 15, 2015 3:04PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

I keep a sub going, as the amount is negligible for me. £8.99 is a couple of pints a beer. *shrug*
    Yeah, $20 was my guess as well. I will be dropping my sub now though, as I made a promise to myself to only keep it going if Imperial City was free.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I keep a sub going, as the amount is negligible for me. £8.99 is a couple of pints a beer. *shrug*
    Yeah, $20 was my guess as well. I will be dropping my sub now though, as I made a promise to myself to only keep it going if Imperial City was free.

I do wish IC was free, what with it being in the middle of the PVP zone. I did hope. But part of me knew it would be priced. ZoS are going to monetise all zones etc.

It should have been free, but sadly there is a great deal of difference between should be and is in business.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We'll see how it looks on PTS. Right now, it seems to have a decent amount of replayability, which for me is how I'll decide whether a DLC is worth paying for or not.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will be keeping up the sub for now. want to see how long after this launches till next content if its a long way off i'll save the crowns and drop sub.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    will be keeping up the sub for now. want to see how long after this launches till next content if its a long way off i'll save the crowns and drop sub.

I reckon about 4 months after this, Orsinuim will come. So, maybe end of December.

Foolishly positive in the face of all odds haha.

Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, not all bad I guess really.

I was also really hoping it would be included in patch and ORsinium would be first DLC.... *shrugs*

But as I said in another post, I paid £10 for the game, £3 for the explorer pack and 2 months of sub.
    All in 6 mths - so not really cost me a fortune for the amount of fun I've had.
    I'll just purchase 3k crowns and buy it when it's released and forget about the sub, unless they include some of these tokens in the subscription. Bit pointless paying that sub if content release is every 1 year ;)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium will be pre-Christmas - ready for the Christmas rush.... OR at least, anyone with an ounce of marketing knowledge would do it that way.

Although, what I do find VERY amusing, is the fact the thread announcing the info is not even by ZoS :|
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on July 15, 2015 2:56PM

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shaping up to be a great popcorn day!

giphy.gif
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Orsinium will be pre-Christmas - ready for the Christmas rush.... OR at least, anyone with an ounce of marketing knowledge would do it that way.

Although, what I do find VERY amusing, is the fact the thread announcing the info is not even by ZoS :|
    My thread? Yeah , ZOS were too slow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_m7dxvzE8xT1r9ea32.gif

Here we go ...
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to give a bucket of popcorn and a pat on the back to everybody who opens a thread this morning about anything besides IC.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only think that scares me is the Tel Var stone. I'm too much of a carebear to be good at PvP lol. I'll get one and have to like.. run away real quick to bank it hahaha

I love the news that all dungeons will scale to VR16... so even if I can't get those fancy new sets I can have VR16 of the current ones...

It's actually a bit scary they gave us a solid date for release... interesting.

I am happy the new dungeons (once discovered) you can just zone to whenever, no need to PvP to get to them :)

Oh, hey guys! Sorry. Took a small break, I feel bad that I didn't even do writs. My Skyrim looks pretty awesome though haha
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Only think that scares me is the Tel Var stone. I'm too much of a carebear to be good at PvP lol. I'll get one and have to like.. run away real quick to bank it hahaha

I love the news that all dungeons will scale to VR16... so even if I can't get those fancy new sets I can have VR16 of the current ones...

It's actually a bit scary they gave us a solid date for release... interesting.

I am happy the new dungeons (once discovered) you can just zone to whenever, no need to PvP to get to them :)

Oh, hey guys! Sorry. Took a small break, I feel bad that I didn't even do writs. My Skyrim looks pretty awesome though haha

Ohaiiii come join the party! Have some popcorn! Getting mad out there.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dammit, I just got off level 2 moderation. This day is gonna get me slapped down, I can feel it. Must...resist...responding...
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH @Xendyn

Did you see this?
    Yes, you'll will be able to craft VR15 and VR16 items, but it will require the acquisition of new materials. These materials are not obtained through harvest nodes the way other crafting materials typically are. Instead, you must obtain them by deconstructing VR15 and VR16 drops and then using those materials to craft new items. Also, the new materials are tradeable, so you can buy and sell them with other players, and you can buy them with Tel Var Stones in the Imperial City.

So they are adding a new material... that has to come from decon. oh man.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe these words of Wisdom will help you @Reverb

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and @MissBizz It's not that bad to gather the Stones.

Just travel in a Group and you'll more than likely be fine..... I suspect you'll be able to order and buy through certain others who are heavy PVP'rs. I can see a LOT of fun with stealth missions from various Guilds taking down various keeps to disrupt them across all the campaigns... ;)

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did you see this?
    Yes, you'll will be able to craft VR15 and VR16 items, but it will require the acquisition of new materials. These materials are not obtained through harvest nodes the way other crafting materials typically are. Instead, you must obtain them by deconstructing VR15 and VR16 drops and then using those materials to craft new items. Also, the new materials are tradeable, so you can buy and sell them with other players, and you can buy them with Tel Var Stones in the Imperial City.

Don't worry, I shall be your pvp supplier ;)
    Definitely going to have to hit this on PTS tho to see how it works out. If it's all mob drops, might not be too bad.
    Gonna have to dust my Sorcs off for those Tel Var stones tho. Don't think a healer will have much chance at nabbing them.

PC/NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe these words of Wisdom will help you @Reverb

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Now where have I seen that before? :D

A much better quote is one that I've already been (appropriately) told never to post here again. About how arguing on the Internet is like....doing other things a person does to please only themself .

Reminds me that anything I write that might get somebody worked up is ultimately pointless.
    Edited by Reverb on July 15, 2015 4:37PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

Did you see this?

Don't worry, I shall be your pvp supplier ;)
    Definitely going to have to hit this on PTS tho to see how it works out. If it's all mob drops, might not be too bad.
    Gonna have to dust my Sorcs off for those Tel Var stones tho. Don't think a healer will have much chance at nabbing them.

Haha yeah, I think the monster fighting will be easy, it's the getting out alive part... unless I just let the last monster kill me.. so I can spawn somewhere safe.. hmmmm.. carebear tactics lol.
  • Francis_Toliver
    Francis_Toliver
    ✭✭✭

Why on earth would Imperial City be free for non premium members? How do you think a company is supposed to stay in business if they don't charge for the product they produce? If you have a sub then you have paid for access to the DLC with your subscription if you don't have a sub then you pay for it with cash. How is that a bad thing? I really mean no offense but your statement befuddles me with the sense of entitlement I perceive!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, and @MissBizz It's not that bad to gather the Stones.

Just travel in a Group and you'll more than likely be fine..... I suspect you'll be able to order and buy through certain others who are heavy PVP'rs. I can see a LOT of fun with stealth missions from various Guilds taking down various keeps to disrupt them across all the campaigns... ;)

Yessss :D
    and I am lucky enough to be part of a guild that specializes in speed keep takes.

speed-up-your-website.jpg

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, I have so many questions. lmao. I can't wait until it gets on the PTS... going to write them here so I have a list to refer to when it comes...

Do the stones drop from the new dungeons (mobs)? (I'm assuming not)
    Do the dungeon mobs drop items that can be deconstructed to gain the new material type? (I think/hope so)
    Where exactly are the new crafting stations? Can I be ganked while trying to select my trait for my new gloves? (Please no)
    Where is the new glass motif (non DLC) found?
    By new undaunted pledges do they mean pledges will now include the new dungeons? So if you don't have the DLC you aren't able to do the pledge that day?
    Will there now be enough quests in game to get the achievement?

OMG DID ANYONE NOTICE THIS? •The ability to hide mount visual upgrades

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the new glass style is found in ayelid ruins similar to how the dwemer one is found
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    maybe the new glass style is found in ayelid ruins similar to how the dwemer one is found

I would be so excited.. like "AHA! Now who can't get the new style in their own faction? :tongue:" lol
  • Francis_Toliver
    Francis_Toliver
    ✭✭✭

I do wish IC was free, what with it being in the middle of the PVP zone. I did hope. But part of me knew it would be priced. ZoS are going to monetise all zones etc.

It should have been free, but sadly there is a great deal of difference between should be and is in business.

Again, I am not trying to pick a fight here, but what does its location have to do with it being free or not? Why would the fact that people pvp around it translate to "it ought to be free"? If I have a shoe store on the corner of a street should the shoes be free because people walk around it on the sidewalk? I don't understand this?

And why shouldn't new material, whether new zones or new the new dark brotherhood guild cost something? People are working to produce these things and they need to be paid. The company that is making this game (which I assume we are all enjoying, because we are playing it) needs to turn a profit for its share holders. What part of this equation doesn't make sense?

Again, I mean no offense to you, I am just curious why the thought is "it should be free" instead of "it should cost an honest payment for the product produced"? What is the thought process to your statement?
    Edited by Francis_Toliver on July 15, 2015 4:45PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why on earth would Imperial City be free for non premium members? How do you think a company is supposed to stay in business if they don't charge for the product they produce? If you have a sub then you have paid for access to the DLC with your subscription if you don't have a sub then you pay for it with cash. How is that a bad thing? I really mean no offense but your statement befuddles me with the sense of entitlement I perceive!

@Francis_Toliver my reasonings (note that these are based around access and the intention of "DLC", not entitlement to have it (although that is mentioned briefly for completeness)):
    First of all, there has been no confirmation either way on whether IC will be paid content or not. I would like to put forward the case to ZOS on why it should not be, and why it should be free to everyone under the promise of "regular updates and new gameplay [that] will be offered to all players to enjoy free of additional charges", as essential "new gameplay" for PvP rather than the paid-for "optional extras".

They said, when giving examples of paid DLC, that they would be scaled to your level and accessible straight away when you buy them. This cannot happen with IC, as you have to own all the Home Keeps to get in. Meaning, even if you own the content, you may not be able to access it. Conversely, those who do not own it would not be able to get in despite spending hours earning the access in Cyrodiil.

Also, the amount of info we have been given about it, and the length of time we have been waiting for it for, considering it is supposed to be part of the main PvP experience, would suggest to me that it would be more appropriate as one of the "regular updates [which is] free of additional charges".

And here's a situational case study of what would happen if it was a paid DLC with access requirements:
    Situation 1:
    "Hey guys! I just bought Imperial City! Let's go check it out!"
    "Sorry dude, our alliance doesn't own all our home keeps right now, you can't get in."
    "Seriously? I can't check out content that I just paid $15 for?" /ragequit

Situation 2:
    "Awesome, we only have to get one more keep to get Imperial City access!" *Keep flips*
    "Everyone into Imperial City! Go go go!... Except you. You haven't bought Imperial City."
    "Seriously? I just spent 3 hours capturing keeps and now can't check out the reward for all that effort?" /ragequit

Summary:
    Content with an in-game access restriction/reward system cannot also be behind a paywall, as it will create animosity.

Earning IC access by control of keeps has always been promoted as "the way it will work", like Darkness Falls in DAoC, so I don't see them changing that aspect of it now. It would also be detrimental if they did, as there would be no incentive to capture keeps if you couldn't cut off the other Alliances' access (and therefore had to restore your own).
    Edited by Enodoc on July 15, 2015 5:33PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, I am not trying to pick a fight here, but what does its location have to do with it being free or not? Why would the fact that people pvp around it translate to "it ought to be free"? If I have a shoe store on the corner of a street should the shoes be free because people walk around it on the sidewalk? I don't understand this?

And why shouldn't new material, whether new zones or new the new dark brotherhood guild cost something? People are working to produce these things and they need to be paid. The company that is making this game (which I assume we are all enjoying, because we are playing it) needs to turn a profit for its share holders. What part of this equation doesn't make sense?

Again, I mean no offense to you, I am just curious why the thought is "it should be free" instead of "it should cost an honest payment for the product produced"? What is the thought process to your statement?

Literally the only thought process is that it is in the middle of the PVP zone and nothing more. ZOS needs money to continuously develop the game, this is one of the reasons I still sub. I want the game to keep going.

Not complaining about the price in any way. I have 6k in crowns and a sub. I could buy it if I want to. But as I'm keeping my sub I likely won't. I think $20 is very reasonable given the amount of content coming in the patch.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having a bad brain day...

Studying for my NP test. Having trouble with all the titer results from hepatitis, and all the symptoms of hyper or hypo thyroid.

Then I go on the boards and for some reason the "what should I do with my skills/race/build/[whatEVER]' are just grating on me like too many mosquito bites. I just want to spaz and scream and tell them to grow a spine - make a choice. It's a frikken game and you can respec for .... waionera';gna'i4ewant

Insert incoherent whiny ramble. And lots of cussing.

Yes I know I'm being unsympathetic, immature and lots of other things that I would like to be "above".

It's really a good thing I'm not working today. I'd be such an *sshole of a nurse.

Well, off to walk the dogs. Maybe getting away from a computer screen will be helpful. And happy dogs are always good.

Thanks for listening.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
This discussion has been closed.