Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems awfully calm out there compared to yesterday.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Kind of ...

Feel safer in here though :smiley:
    Edited by JD2013 on July 16, 2015 4:11PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

Kind of ...

Feel safer in here thoigh :smiley:

It always does :D leaving this thread is risky.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning .... er almost noonish where I am.

Have a good day.

Off I go to study
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Study update.

I am getting really annoyed by the weirdness of HIPAA. What ever happened to common sense and respect?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Study update.

I am getting really annoyed by the weirdness of HIPAA. What ever happened to common sense and respect?

Umm what the heck is HIPPA.

Can't even keep up with the threads today while doing my morning "chores" ingame. Just deconned my old Aether gear finally. Hung onto it in case they changed the stats or the meta again but since it's v12, no point keeping it now.
    Was so exciting to get that stuff in my first trials, kinda sad to let it go.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Study update.

Can't even keep up with the threads today while doing my morning "chores" ingame. Just deconned my old Aether gear finally. Hung onto it in case they changed the stats or the meta again but since it's v12, no point keeping it now.

The most fun I had in ESO was farming AA and HR for 2 sets of Aether it took me about 25 runs to finally get 5 unique pieces. They now stay on my mule all shiny and yellow. :(

ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @newtinmpls and @Xendyn I have pm'd you about HIPAA, it's not on topic here.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this YouTube video, and it has some awesome music in it but I can't figure out what it's called. I'm almost tempted to put a link here and ask if someone recognizes it, but it's one of those YouTubers read mean comments things, which makes me very reluctant to do so.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAIfAAAAJDBiNGI1YzI1LTg5Y2MtNGEyNC1iYmFlLWI5ZWI3OWM3ZWZjMA.jpg
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »

Thx :)
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    I watched this YouTube video, and it has some awesome music in it but I can't figure out what it's called. I'm almost tempted to put a link here and ask if someone recognizes it, but it's one of those YouTubers read mean comments things, which makes me very reluctant to do so.

But, at that scene in the movie Arnold is saying "SHUT UPPPP!!!!!"

DO IT NAOW!!! is from Predator

Why is that image making me so angry?

confused-joey-gif.gif
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shazam it?
    Study update.

The most fun I had in ESO was farming AA and HR for 2 sets of Aether it took me about 25 runs to finally get 5 unique pieces. They now stay on my mule all shiny and yellow. :(

I find it interesting they are scaling pledges/dungeons.. but not trials (as far as I've seen). Hm.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I find it interesting they are scaling pledges/dungeons.. but not trials (as far as I've seen). Hm.

They did say they are working on new Trials. I think it's likely a progression thing. It's supposed to go AA, Hel Ra, then SO and they will add more (and harder ones) later on.

PC/NA
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 16, 2015 6:05PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

confused-joey-gif.gif

6607029906393997.jpg
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

confused-joey-gif.gif

6607029906393997.jpg

THERE'S NO CATS IN STAR WARS!!!!!!
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

confused-joey-gif.gif

6607029906393997.jpg

cat-costume-darth-vader.jpg
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Study update.

@Xendyn , it's better if you don't know.

(Really, it's an overzelous 'Merica thing - we don't even like it.)

confused-joey-gif.gif

6607029906393997.jpg

I thought there was no crying in baseball?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we all take a step back and marvel at the awesomeness of this thread? I want to print it all out, make a leather bound book out of it, and give it to my grandchildren.
    Edited by Sallington on July 16, 2015 6:15PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess nobody knows that song. Why do I have to like songs that are barely known?

Yeh sorry, rings 0 bells for me.

PC/NA
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh there it is! I was missing the daily "why is there no Trade Forum" thread!
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/196283/selling-trading-thread#latest

My day is now complete

Edited by Xendyn on July 16, 2015 6:23PM

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

They did say they are working on new Trials. I think it's likely a progression thing. It's supposed to go AA, Hel Ra, then SO and they will add more (and harder ones) later on.

Yeah, I do like that idea.. that way you have some repeatable content (dungeons) but also have "end game" content that builds up in difficulty, and you don't have to actually hit max level before you can do any of it. I did see they mentioned new trials, cool.
    Can we all take a step back and marvel at the awesomeness of this thread? I want to print it all out, make a leather bound book out of it, and give it to my grandchildren.

Hah, I thought about that when it was mentioned that something was "not on topic". I was like, what IS our topic? Current Forum Events and BS'ing? lol
    Oh there it is! I was missing the daily "why is there no Trade Forum" thread!
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/196283/selling-trading-thread#latest

My day is now complete

Hmmm.. I'm waiting on more "What about CP?" threads still.. saw a couple, but I thought there would be a lot with the (lack of) news about CP changes.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You are correct in that I could have been much more overt about the connections I see between the ethics of the dichotomy between patient-provider privilege and provider-caregiver-cross-specialty communication.

In ESO, by the inherent necessity of being "played" on a single account, any "account worth" of characters has access (or potentially has access to) a great deal of information that they would not normally be "entitled to"; such as knowledge of future quests, reveals about the true identity of good or bad guys - even up to and including information about other factions and the long term results of choices they would not normally be able to foresee.

There are a couple of ways that players and their characters can choose to deal with this.

In the provisions of HIPAA there is mention of permissible "incidental disclosures"; which are presumed to reveal minimal and non-critically private information, and are assumed to be unavoidable. The names and sometimes roles of some high-ranking NPCs or enemies could be seen to be analogous to this; thus trying to conceal every little name/role/aspect of upper level quests is just not going to happen - to the extent that it's not worth worrying about or trying to prevent - and it's not likely to do much 'damage' in the way of interfering with the game.

So my EP players might know more about say, Ayrenn than they "should"; due to an AD character of mine who knows her quite well. However this shouldn't effect their choices too much, and I should probably be able to handle playing them without using / "accessing" that info.

Another way players might choose to deal with this is to take the "viewpoint" of the whole health care system as being analogous to the "player" view. It may be literally true in the sense that the player indeed has access to "all" of the accumulated information of all of his characters. However in my opinion, despite being literally true, there are disadvantages.

And this goes back to something related to HIPAA; the ethics of healthcare as applied to the experience of the "characters"

Beneficence - to take action for the welfare of others. Inherent in ESO is the idea that each "character" is a hero; a good guy. Included here is the implication that until the end of the story, any given character will not have access to "all" the information; ESO quests are RIFE with limited information and deceptively simple choices.

To take away from that personal choice/experience is to limit the character's autonomy, and in my opinion, it cheapens the game - as well as makes it less enjoyable.

YMMV
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are correct in that I could have been much more overt about the connections I see between the ethics of the dichotomy between patient-provider privilege and provider-caregiver-cross-specialty communication.

In ESO, by the inherent necessity of being "played" on a single account, any "account worth" of characters has access (or potentially has access to) a great deal of information that they would not normally be "entitled to"; such as knowledge of future quests, reveals about the true identity of good or bad guys - even up to and including information about other factions and the long term results of choices they would not normally be able to foresee.

There are a couple of ways that players and their characters can choose to deal with this.

In the provisions of HIPAA there is mention of permissible "incidental disclosures"; which are presumed to reveal minimal and non-critically private information, and are assumed to be unavoidable. The names and sometimes roles of some high-ranking NPCs or enemies could be seen to be analogous to this; thus trying to conceal every little name/role/aspect of upper level quests is just not going to happen - to the extent that it's not worth worrying about or trying to prevent - and it's not likely to do much 'damage' in the way of interfering with the game.

So my EP players might know more about say, Ayrenn than they "should"; due to an AD character of mine who knows her quite well. However this shouldn't effect their choices too much, and I should probably be able to handle playing them without using / "accessing" that info.

Another way players might choose to deal with this is to take the "viewpoint" of the whole health care system as being analogous to the "player" view. It may be literally true in the sense that the player indeed has access to "all" of the accumulated information of all of his characters. However in my opinion, despite being literally true, there are disadvantages.

And this goes back to something related to HIPAA; the ethics of healthcare as applied to the experience of the "characters"

Beneficence - to take action for the welfare of others. Inherent in ESO is the idea that each "character" is a hero; a good guy. Included here is the implication that until the end of the story, any given character will not have access to "all" the information; ESO quests are RIFE with limited information and deceptively simple choices.

To take away from that personal choice/experience is to limit the character's autonomy, and in my opinion, it cheapens the game - as well as makes it less enjoyable.

YMMV

Ok that's enough homework...break time for you
    cp-bag.jpg

Also, do you have any aspirin? I now have a headache for some reason...

PC/NA
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening!

Just sat here doing boring invoices then I get to play! Yay! Currently making my Sorcerer less squishy. Redistributed my CP's last night, now have a spell crit of 44% so ... that's a start!

And just discovered the virtues of Overload .... :wink:

How is everyone?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
This discussion has been closed.