Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, this put a smile on my face. I know that is bad to say, but I have been here pretty much since PC launched, and I still remember what happened that week.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean........

Error!?!

2hnqr11.gif
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Though do remember, if console fails to capture an audience then it's likely the whole game will go. I'm sure none of us actually want that.

Go console go! You can do it! (For pc users)

This is a bit of circular reasoning though.

The ONLY reason they needed a cash injection from console is because they failed, woefully, to meet the expectations THEY SET for themselves.

Had they delivered even 75% of what they had promised then the game would have been healthy and vibrant enough to not need to worry about the need for a revenue stream from Console.

Also had the game been that healthy and vibrant they'd have bought themselves enough time financially, and good will from the playerbase, to actually do the Console launch they promised - in effect hitch free.

The only ppl Zeni have to blame for them needing to abandon PC and concentrate on Console is themselves.

The over promised and under delivered: a fatal combination in any consumer environment.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The plan from day one was to have console and pc versions of the game. So they didnt go "Hey the game is tanking lets make a console version.".
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favorite thing is the mods updated every hour on the hour what was going on with the login issues. PC users rarely even get one update never multiple updates within a few hours. We see where ZOS loyalties lie eh? lol

^ This.

From invaluable cash-cow beta-testers to red-headed stepchild in 24 hours.

All The Best
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though do remember, if console fails to capture an audience then it's likely the whole game will go. I'm sure none of us actually want that.

Go console go! You can do it! (For pc users)

This is a bit of circular reasoning though.

The ONLY reason they needed a cash injection from console is because they failed, woefully, to meet the expectations THEY SET for themselves.

Had they delivered even 75% of what they had promised then the game would have been healthy and vibrant enough to not need to worry about the need for a revenue stream from Console.

Also had the game been that healthy and vibrant they'd have bought themselves enough time financially, and good will from the playerbase, to actually do the Console launch they promised - in effect hitch free.

The only ppl Zeni have to blame for them needing to abandon PC and concentrate on Console is themselves.

The over promised and under delivered: a fatal combination in any consumer environment.

All The Best

That argument is null and void as it was shown to be coming to consoles from the PS4 announcement back in 2013.

All the best :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, hey, morning guys! Kind of glad my PS4 won't connect to my PSN suddenly. At least now I can blame my inability to play on PS4..

Meanwhile.. I'll relax and play the forum game at work... then skip home and play on PC tonight. Wee, got 3 champ points last night guys, pretty sure that's a record for me haha.

@P3ZZL3 Think you'd share some of that popcorn?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work @MissBizz .......... I picked up a v13 Master Inferno Staff from Normal DSA - 3rd run ever :) Happy Days :)

And here, help yourself for.............

tom-hiddlestonpopcorn-gifmtv-movie-awards.gif

CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's amazing! I still refuse to go to trials or DSA, I have this odd thing where I won't do any of that until I compelte Caldwell Gold. I also hit VR12 last night... and only half done Rivenspire... 2 more full zones to go... hahaha
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    That's amazing! I still refuse to go to trials or DSA, I have this odd thing where I won't do any of that until I compelte Caldwell Gold. I also hit VR12 last night... and only half done Rivenspire... 2 more full zones to go... hahaha

You can do it! *shakes Pom Poms*
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Rammi
    Rammi
    ✭✭✭
    This is the way I feel when i login to the PC game right now

36G14Bk.gif

I then logout and go do something else (Bored Gamer)
    The Champion System should have rewarded Champion Points based off of achievements and feats earned through excelling at end game content not grinding your life away vs mobs in order to stay competitive. This system is uncreative and is a great example of extremely lazy system design. Yes, you should be embarrassed
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @JD2013 ! Oh I know I can do it :) Just like to lean back, listen to the story, oh.. and of course pick some flowers and stop at every fishing hole I see ;) Did you get any awesome weapons in game, an awesome achievement or anything?
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. For some reason I feel this is appropriate in this thread:

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Ann on June 11, 2015 1:28PM

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @JD2013 ! Oh I know I can do it :) Just like to lean back, listen to the story, oh.. and of course pick some flowers and stop at every fishing hole I see ;) Did you get any awesome weapons in game, an awesome achievement or anything?

@MissBizz I'm exactly the same! Like to stop and take in the scenery at a good fishing hole and contemplate.

As for an achievement or awesome weapon for completing vet levels . . . Prepare to be disappointed :neutral:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

I could have told them this. Oh wait I DID tell them this multiple times.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1409789466_1386731303_da5vgi_41gt2w0q.gif
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will be me watching when all the console players jump in Cyrodil and break the console server.....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like this thread right now: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/174207/can-we-expect-buff-tracker-ability-timers-on-console#latest

OMG - We can't use all the mods, timers and buff trackers on console so I can be as awesome as I am on PC. When will you implement @ZOS. :D

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 28, 2024 6:19PM

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That argument is null and void as it was shown to be coming to consoles from the PS4 announcement back in 2013.

There is a difference between:

1) Yup, we'll get this out on consoles too, just as soon as we can do so to the standard expected and without impinging on the game we have promised to deliver to PC.
    2) Bloody hell, better get this out on consoles, we need the cash NOW, OR ELSE!

If they had delivered even 75% of what they committed to for PC they could have gone for option 1).

But they didn't, and along with the move to B2P they were forced to go for option 2).

I've read enough of your posts to know for a fact you are smart enough to see the difference.

All The Best
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tend to agree with @Gandrhulf_Harbard on this one.

For something that was planned back in early 2013/2014 you would expect the development to be done side by side so launch is done ASAP but it seems as though at Christmas the decision was made to rush it out *shrugs*

Meh, what do I know. Just fix the bloody Riding bug in Cyro please and release the new Set Drops ASAP. Oh and the Exp Potions would be useful as well :D

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1) Yup, we'll get this out on consoles too, just as soon as we can do so to the standard expected and without impinging on the game we have promised to deliver to PC.

If they had delivered even 75% of what they committed to for PC they could have gone for option 1).

But they didn't, and along with the move to B2P they were forced to go for option 2).

I've read enough of your posts to know for a fact you are smart enough to see the difference.

All The Best

This is not true tho. The console version and the PC version were both developed at the same time. They didnt add consoles as an after thought. This was always the plan from day one to have the pc version release in April with the console version releasing in June (of 2014). So you really dont know what you are talking about. Ive been here since before release the plan was ALWAYS to have a console version. The only issues which caused the delay was the fact microsoft would not (or could not I dont know) allow the bypassing of xbox live gold.

In my opinion the entire reason for the b2p switch was so they could get around the issue of xbox live gold. Noone wants to pay for gold AND a sub I guess. So your argument is quite flawed.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@MissBizz, if you ever need asistance when you are ready, feel free to ask Hero or I! Have fun out there.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is not about whether it was planned or not, from what I've seen @Gandrhulf_Harbard say. It's about the fact that although it was indeed scheduled and planned for June 2014, and then delayed by a year, that even then, there are flaws/bugs/errors.

It's as though they knew it was half done come December and then thought "oh god, we better get this finished and ready for launch" and it was a rush job.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

@MissBizz, if you ever need asistance when you are ready, feel free to ask Hero or I! Have fun out there.

Thanks @Shunravi Actually Hero has been asking me what Vet Dungeons I haven't completed, and had offered to help :) Just haven't found the time yet!
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    The question is not about whether it was planned or not, from what I've seen @Gandrhulf_Harbard say. It's about the fact that although it was indeed scheduled and planned for June 2014, and then delayed by a year, that even then, there are flaws/bugs/errors.

It's as though they knew it was half done come December and then thought "oh god, we better get this finished and ready for launch" and it was a rush job.

Or maybe they just dont know how to fix the issues. The PC game has had some of the same issues since launch. Like I said previously I think the whole delay with the console version was they had to do the b2p switch first.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best

I can agree that all of the stuff that we saw at Quakecon should have been out by now. Imperial City, Wrothgar, Murkmire etcetera.

The thing is that the console version was delayed by 14 months. It was meant to coincide with the PC release and it didn't as it was not a simple and straight port, and a lot was reworked to work on the consoles.

The thing with gaming these days is, as I can tell you are certainly smart enough to know, publishers need to be making as much money as possible. I am not saying that this is how it should be. Far from it. But this is how it is.

And if you look at the demographics of Skyrim Purely from the sales stand view, it sold by the boatload on consoles. A series like the Elder Scrolls series is always now going to be developed on both PC and consoles. Triple the sales rather than focusing on one platform. Again, is this right? Maybe not. But that is how it is.

I am not happy that everything has been delayed and put on hold for console release. Far from it. But do we even know how big the dev team are on Elder Scrolls Online? There is a lot to test when transferring an MMO from PC to console. So much code.

They have told us again and again over the last few months that they are concentrating on console release. People just refused to listen. Acceptance and listening are, of course, two very different things. I accepted that they were working on the console release, however much I want to see new things added into the game. Have their practices always been good? Definitely not.

The console release has now happened, and I agree that they have lost a lot of PC players through adding no real content in 8 months. But it is my (possibly very naive) hope that they will now concentrate on the game as a whole.

I am waiting for E3 for the news and what's coming. Then I shall see where the game stands.
    Edited by JD2013 on June 9, 2015 4:16PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am ready willing and able to pay ZOS money for DLC for the PC. All I need is them to get off their duff and put it out.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    lol. For some reason I feel this is appropriate in this thread:

200.gif

@P3ZZL3 LOL
This discussion has been closed.