Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Love the bacon seed. What a little cutie.

I want a piglet pet. Not a boar, not a pig, a little tiny piglet. And I want an emote that makes him nibble a dandylion or something
    Look up micro pig :) It is actually a pet you can get in real life. At least in the UK its legal I believe.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    $_35.JPG

Speaking of which, how's that Tamriel meal coming along?
    Still working on scheduling with my friends... It's been a busy month or two in my circle of friends, what with birthdays and beerlympics.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    14b416ef75c6a534d19623d2f2b88b62.jpg
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breakfast is late today......

and it's Friday, so I propose this........

5xphex.jpg

Vodka based Jelly Waffles with Vodka and Orange to wash it down!!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And if you need more carbs, or maybe some fat:

r5gLFRk.jpg
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

I think I'm feeling the start of a hangover just looking at that ;)

Is this thread spinning or is it just me :p

PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5xphex.jpg

Hmm, suddenly I'm shocked that I've never seen this served in Vegas...

r5gLFRk.jpg
    I'm really not a fan of coffee, so I did some quick googling and came up with this similar recipe sans coffee:
    http://www.thismamaloves.com/maple-bacon-popcorn-ball-recipe/
    My favorite part of the recipe:
    butter your hands heavily
    Done, and done! :D
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

5xphex.jpg

Hmm, suddenly I'm shocked that I've never seen this served in Vegas...

r5gLFRk.jpg
    I'm really not a fan of coffee, so I did some quick googling and came up with this similar recipe sans coffee:
    http://www.thismamaloves.com/maple-bacon-popcorn-ball-recipe/
    My favorite part of the recipe:
    butter your hands heavily
    Done, and done! :D

I take your 'buttery' hands........

and give you Butter Dragon!!

294gdh5.jpg

I felt I should maybe steer this conversation away from the buttery hands!! >:)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today I need a cure-all breakfast........

6izi8l.jpg

Happy Saturday. :)
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I need a cure-all breakfast........

6izi8l.jpg

Happy Saturday. :)

Any day started with Bacon has to be a good day!

At least I hope so for my latest character...WldKarde's Bacon. B)

A coworker's wife began her ESO journey today. She chose a templar, he went with a NB...so I rolled a DK Orc.
    Since the "less than PC" NPC's like to refer to Orcs as "Pig child"...and in honor of this thread's cravings for the perfect food...I found I had no other choice in my naming of my newest character.

Inspired by the old Johnny Cash song "A Boy named Sue" I hope that someday "WldKarde's Bacon" can forgive me

"Son, this world is rough
    And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
    And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along.
    So I give ya that name and I said goodbye
    I knew you'd have to get tough or die
    And it's the name that helped to make you strong."

He said: "Now you just fought one hell of a fight
    And I know you hate me, and you got the right
    To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do.
    But ya ought to thank me, before I die,
    For the gravel in ya guts and the spit in ya eye
    Cause I'm the son-of-a-*** that named you "Sue.'"

I got all choked up and I threw down my gun
    And I called him my pa, and he called me his son,
    And I came away with a different point of view.
    And I think about him, now and then,
    Every time I try and every time I win,
    And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him
    Bill or George! Anything but Sue! I still hate that name!

Sorry about this "Bacon", but Orsinium is only 16 days away...suck it up son...war is hell and ya gotta be tough ;)
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    That moment when you are terrified that you have to watch football but happy you get to see the Star Wars trailer...

Edited by Rodvic on October 24, 2015 10:05PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ I have no idea what that even means....

In other news, I learned a lot about the character I happened to be playing a few moments ago when I got recruited into a guild of ruffians and protested that I'd been framed.

After all, I can see an orc getting framed for any number of things.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the whole "Star Wars" thing @newtinmpls depends on when you were born.

In 1977 I was the perfect demographic (10 year old male) for George Lucas, and I fell in love with Star Wars. Then came the "prequel" debacle and I fell out of love with Star Wars. So I kinda get it that it is weird to "have" to watch an NFL game as an american...just to see the latest trailer.

I for one didn't bother...sometimes you can't un-ring the bell after having your favorite thing so utterly spoiled by someone who had lost touch with his vision...and his audience.
    I want nothing more than for this next film to revitalize my love for the series...but I won't be standing in line on opening night to see if it does. :(

As far as your character...
    I had someone in EP chat mention "I had no idea how ugly Orcs were!"
    "WldKarde's Bacon" didn't flinch...in fact he smiled.
    He's an old war horse who doesn't let the mews of a few whelps get in his way, he just laughs knowing that they haven't seen hell...and come out the other side.

People, characters, fans, and even George himself...sometimes lose track of what is really important in life. And that's to have fun! Might be why this thread is the longest of all the ESO threads..nothing too serious...just FUN! ;)

Speaking of which...Only 13 days till Orsinium! B)

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »
    I think the whole "Star Wars" thing @newtinmpls depends on when you were born.

In 1977 I was the perfect demographic (10 year old male) for George Lucas, and I fell in love with Star Wars. Then came the "prequel" debacle and I fell out of love with Star Wars.

I first saw SW in the theater as a little kid, and also really ..... was "lukwarmed" by the prequels. That's not what I meant.

First - who are those wiggling pink people? They look like My Little Pony on .... amanita or something.

Also:

So I kinda get it that it is weird to "have" to watch an NFL game as an american...just to see the latest trailer.

1-I no longer own a TV

2-Don't watch football willingly since the Vikings lost Tarkington

3-Orcs are not ugly ... may I refer you to:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166265/pretty-orcs

Although my orc-based goblins are certainly not pretty

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a lighthearted moment with one of my favorite NPCs in the game:

nbg0uib.jpg

Just in case the text is too small to read easily:

"You have perhaps something better to do? Look we are the Queen's Eyes. We do the things that must be done even if it means geting hit in the head. Killing those who do not deserve it.

Riding a guar naked through an Argonian temple."
    Edited by newtinmpls on October 24, 2015 8:10AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yawn...... late at night. Still at work.

Wanna play ESO. Finally got the "right outfit" for my Maormer.....

qEt3Ung.png

Unfortunatly by the time I get home... walk the dogs... eat breakfast ... I'll need to get some sleep as I work tomorrow night too.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still planning breakfast:

qEt3Ung.png
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone still alive out there?
    I come with offerings...

Puppies-and-Kittens_1.png

1530_23230_glam-pick-ten-moose-munch-gourmet-popcorn-canisters.jpg
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Anyone still alive out there?
    I come with offerings...

Puppies-and-Kittens_1.png

1530_23230_glam-pick-ten-moose-munch-gourmet-popcorn-canisters.jpg

Would have preferred:

Dec23_419.jpg

classic-bloody-mary.jpg#Bloody%20Mary%20700x700
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep still here been busy leveling a new character as my guild needs more tanks.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So has anyone ever seen a puppy smile like this?
    4816991120_4b683df159_b.jpg
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oohhh. cute little boo-ies ('boo' being my all-purpose endearment lately).

I'm at work (inpatient psych) and saw the sign up sheet for the next outing. They will be visiting a humane society. I want to go too.

But then I'd also want to take them all home with me.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dog-party_o_142229.jpg

What's up folks? I MISSED YOU! Yeah, I went MIA for a bit. Life and stuff... but I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

So, what's new? EEK I want Orsinium NOW!
    200.gif
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back @MissBizz

Only 3 more days till you can get your
    0.jpg

But we can all use this to get ready for Orsinium ;)

9562013-large.jpg

Happy Friday all!

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oohhh. cute little boo-ies ('boo' being my all-purpose endearment lately).

I'm at work (inpatient psych) and saw the sign up sheet for the next outing. They will be visiting a humane society. I want to go too.

But then I'd also want to take them all home with me.

lol
    Same for me.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    dog-party_o_142229.jpg

What's up folks? I MISSED YOU! Yeah, I went MIA for a bit. Life and stuff... but I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

So, what's new? EEK I want Orsinium NOW!

DirtyIncomparableFugu.gif

Welcome back @MissBizz

Only 3 more days till you can get your

But we can all use this to get ready for Orsinium ;)

9562013-large.jpg

Happy Friday all!

Good to see you guys, it's been lonely around here. Enough breakfast to share! :)
    Edited by Xendyn on October 30, 2015 4:06PM

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should have awards.

Best forum post concerning a missing NPC:

My nomination -
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/227723/amber-alert-sara-benale-in-craglorn-is-missing
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need some advice, my friends...for I have come to realized, to my great shame, that I am a Knucklehead.

Please allow me to explain.

As many of you may know, this is my first MMO, and I've learned from your sage advice throughout my time in ESO...to which I am eternally grateful. As my characters have grown in rank and my time in ESO has advanced, we've branched out into new challenges, as can be expected. But in the past many months I've noticed a fatal flaw in my play-style...

I'm a Knucklehead.

Again bear with me, as I think I've found the root of my problem. It seems that no mater what character I happen to be playing at the time...I only seem to have one mindset...find the biggest threat in my path and *** it off. :(
    Now this isn't always a bad thing (since the difficulty nerfs) but once you start running group content it can be a problem.

Case and point: If you tell your guild-mates that you will be dps for this run...they really don't take kindly to you going screaming as if your head is on fire straight for the boss...aka Knucklehead

After much self analysis and admitting to my knuckle-headed tendencies...I think I'm supposed to be playing a tank role in group content.

After this revelation, I've brought my Nord DK WldKarde out of retirement and asked him to learn how to be a tank.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

My guild-mates and my characters would be very happy if you can help this Knucklehead out

I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem ;)

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the tank-side @wldkarde ! Personally I find tanking to be the most fun and rewarding of the 3 roles when doing group dungeons and similar stuff.

The job of the tank is to control the battlefield as much as possible. This may mean taunting everything you can (sometimes a good idea, sometimes a terrible idea), or it may mean using whatever CC abilities you have available.

Without knowing more about your class/level/build I can't give a lot of constructive advice, but here's one thing that's pretty universal and blew my mind a little when someone pointed it out, greatly improving my tanking. Stamina doesn't regenerate while you block, but sometimes you need your stamina to regen while at the same time you can't afford to just take whatever hits are coming your way. That's when you use your damage shields. The key is don't block while your damage shields are up. Blocking doesn't give you any damage mitigation while your shields are up, so don't bother with it then. Instead take whatever time you have with your shields up to regenerate your stamina, and maybe throw in some heavy attacks to help with that.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice and the welcome to the role of tank @UrQuan I knew this was the right place to go for help.

So here's the deal with my prototype tank:
    VR16 Nord DK
    5 piece Heavy Reactive (VR15)
    2 piece Medium Hist Bark VR 14
    2 piece S&B bar VR14 (with S&B only rank 35)
    Igneous Shield rank 3
    Un-buffed Health 25K
    Un-buffed Stamina 16k
    Un-buffed Magicka 12K
    DK skills 50/50/45

"WldKarde" was my very first character back in April 2014 so he has a special place in my heart. :)
    I've tried to apply things I've learned from my newer characters to him as I've leveled him up along the way. Since I've mainly been doing solo PvE if I win or lose a fight it only affects me, but in group content if I fail then so does my group. I'm fortunate to be in a very supportive guild (not to mention my forum friends), but if I say I can do a role, I'd like to be reasonably sure I know what I'm doing.

A little less Knucklehead if you will ;)

So there you have it...someone who was probably born to play the role of a tank...but has no bloody idea what the heck he is doing. A Tank in training is waiting for further advice.

On a different note. I sure hope that since they are starting the downtime for Orsinium 3 hours earlier...that it means I get to start enjoying the new content 3 hours earlier also!

Please be so!

Taking Monday off from work!

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
This discussion has been closed.