The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WEAKEST CLASS IN PVP?

FireCowCommando
FireCowCommando
✭✭✭✭✭
We now know what people think is strong, i wonder if the polls will look similar since we only get 1 vote!
Edited by FireCowCommando on April 19, 2015 11:48AM

WEAKEST CLASS IN PVP? 404 votes

DRAGONKNIGHT
19%
AttorneyatlawlStamdenRoblight_ESOObscureWolfaentrimsic_ESOrich.magab14a_ESOArmitasLesspaMaseriRylanakaithuzarpjwb16_ESOxMovingTargetadrian_boegerb16_ESOKagheiAllPlayAndNoWorkthemdogesbiteDavadinLabs 77 votes
TEMPLAR
51%
driosketchGloryblackwebrikimm16_ESOSolarikenEzarethSylveria_ReldenJoy_DivisionSreja_Bonebosmern_ESObgoldbeck21_ESORook_Masterjnjdun_ESOYolokin_Swagonbornardikuskungmoobigscoothb14_ESObloodenragedb14_ESOParadoxKurgun 207 votes
NIGHTBLADE
19%
VunakTintinabulaxylus289_ESOLegacyDMNivzruo_ESOArtiseventide03b14a_ESOSythiaskeithlonerganb14a_ESOSisicbbqwolf13b14_ESO1Eivardeepseamk20b14_ESOMJWesslingb14_ESOTheBullxxslam48xxb14_ESOAnnraLilChihuahuaFoxhuntcharriss1rwb17_ESO 78 votes
SORCERER
10%
cozmon3c_ESOc.p.garrett1993_ESOkokoandshinb14a_ESOTheLawcschwingeb14_ESOjorgeh401b14_ESObaddabumb16_ESORainfeatherUKJar_Ekscottpage91b16_ESOpatrykplawskib16_ESODracoriaGlurinklink012koby-xxrwb17_ESOLord_BidrflowingsnakeAhPook_Is_HereVisVraneon 42 votes
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    I find that 9/10 DKs are the easiest kill for me as a sorc. NBs are a pain in the arse because of cloak, templars have a ton of heals and sorcerers can stack shields.

Also they got nerfed in the ground
    Edited by Garion on April 19, 2015 11:54AM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    DK and Templar both have some problems atm, but Templar has some bugged skills and stam DK is stronger than stam Templar now... can't really compare healer Templar and destro DK tbh.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    I find templar's easy to be rolled over, DK has stronger survivability, which with the meta TTK changes counts for very little, but it still helps a lot. Nightblade and Sorcs are in a whole different teir of survivability options due to shield/blink and cloak.

Templars obviously are great at healing, but that pigeon hole role has draw backs since if you plan on main healing you need to start wearing more light armor and are a huge target. At that point its a matter of second(s) before you are dead in team play.

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templar, no question.
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    I've seen Templars who are ridiculously tanky.

Dragonknight's skills are highly over-exaggerated.
    GDB isn't going to get you out of execute range on its own. It's just not.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 19, 2015 3:21PM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Really is in between DKs and Temps. Though I've seen some crazy Magika builds with temp that do tons of damage with their lazer, so I give it to DKs.

It's mainly just got to do with their build limitations. Most DKs run around with 1H/S and try to spam flame whip, and honestly it's just not that great cause you need every stat. Health for tankiness, stam for blocking CC/break, and magika for whip. Yes it takes a while to kill them but they don't really do much. Flame whip should have gotten a stam morph.

Other builds like caster DK extremely squishy with no shields, so that's not that great either.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Cant really do anything besides being a successful heal-bot at the moment. They're good at it no doubt, can take a beating, but not really a playstyle that makes you strong against other players. More like forces you to burn everything on defence, trying to endure until help arrives.

A lot of it is due to badly designed and bugged skills, than all these hidden cool-downs making game play super clunky. Even "improved animations" that's supposedly a good thing, *** over templars in 1.6.5.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With Detection potions in my bag: Nightblade

If temporarily out of Detection potions: Templar
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Samadhi wrote: »

Your detection potions help against perma-dodge? Nice, I want them, too!
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Lhorion wrote: »

show me a video... never seen it... will never see it most likely...
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR

As NB you can at least play Sap Tank - it's nerfed quite a bit, too, but you can get better stamina management than DK or Templar atm. I gave a lot if my friend's DK could tank a bit better in PvP now...

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    I would've picked Dragonknight as aside from Tank Specs they're squishy with no escape ability and die a lot easier.

But Templar wins because they have bugged Abilities.

Once Templar's abilities get fixed DKs will be at a huge disadvantage until they get at least 100 CP in the Warrior tree so they can max out block cost reduction, then we'll be able to go back to our Sword/Board meta, but that's probably still another 6 or so months off until the regular player gets enough CP for it.

Templars still are great healers, avid DPS, and great Tanks, DKs can't heal PvP, they're okay Tanks, and they're ok DPS, mainly because you have two options as a Magicka DPS for DK in PvP.

Sword/Board, stack stam and block cost - Hit like wet noodle.

Caster - Hit hard, everything you do is negated via roll dodge or BoL or reflect.

Course you can go Stamina but Stamina is so mind-fumblingly broken right now it doesn't matter what class you are, you're going to two shot people either way.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Just LOL at all the DK votes. Seriously.

I've got a feeling this poll will be much the reverse of the other- weakest to strongest:
    • Templar
    • NB
    • Sorc
    • DK
    The last two being debatable as to order only because they're both pretty strong classes inherently.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR

I've got a feeling this poll will be much the reverse of the other- weakest to strongest:
    • Templar
    • NB
    • Sorc
    • DK
    The last two being debatable as to order only because they're both pretty strong classes inherently.

NB weaker than DK? Like seriously :unamused: ?

• Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    ToRelax wrote: »

• Templar
    • NB
    • Sorc
    • DK

The poll results from the other poll read exactly that- over many votes. It's not my projection.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General consensus, strongest to weakest:

DK
    Sorc
    NB
    Temp

Just the way it is.

With that said, I wouldn't honestly call any of them weak in PvP.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    They cant play stamina builds worth a crap, and can only play the "eternal kiting build" which even then can be stopped by gap closer users.

they also lack any reliable class based self heals.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templars just have too many bugged, clunky, useless skills.

Sad thing is, the developers themselves are the ones who broke the class. First the Restoring spirit nerf in beta, then the introduction of Global Cool Downs for skills like the charge, then the recent introduction of the CC immunity for Jabs. These are all self-inflicted wounds.

If the developers would just fix the bugs or even simply remove the ones they themselves have consciously introduced, Templars might have a chance.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Sorcerer because their supposed OPness comes from the ability to run for the hills rather than killing anything, even though it apparently creates some kind of vortex behind them that sucks enemy players into it and drags them behind the sorcerer all over the map until somebody else can scrape them off.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DK is just fine. Those claiming it to be the weakest class need a cup of l2p.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Buff sorcs and NB. Nerf DK and Templars

Signed,

A Sorc/NB player
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templar but only in regard of class skills isolated from anything else.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whichever class I'm playing. :neutral:

I've seen amazing vids of all classes post-1.6 but I guess one way to choose would be to add qualifications like "for the average player with generic gear".
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR

I've seen amazing vids of all classes post-1.6 but I guess one way to choose would be to add qualifications like "for the average player with generic gear".

That's actually the way I interpreted the question when it was asked- as I did with the "Strongest" poll, as well.

All four classes, evenly matched level with generic gear.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    i voted this even knowing that ive seen a good templar last 30 min against a good DK. Templar's just do not have very many pvp viable builds. they have a few, just like any other class, but far less so than others.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR

No, the skillcap on Sorc and especially NB is a good bit higher than on Templar and DK (at least for the popular builds you see) and if you don't take possible gear into account, stamina is suddenly not all that strong anymore.
    If you base your conclusions on average players, the good ones will be overpowered with a strong class.

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR

ToRelax wrote: »

• Templar
    • NB
    • Sorc
    • DK

The poll results from the other poll read exactly that- over many votes. It's not my projection.

DK was always OP. So he has to be OP now, too!!!!
    So you get this logic?
    Mist of the people voting for DK die because they are used to complain about the legendary OP DK.

P.S.: Some DK-Votes are fun-votes because it is too funny claiming DK OP now.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    TheBull wrote: »
    :'(

There is no build a good stamina NB cannot handle.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Garion wrote: »
    I find that 9/10 DKs are the easiest kill for me as a sorc. NBs are a pain in the arse because of cloak, templars have a ton of heals and sorcerers can stack shields.

Also they got nerfed in the ground

Same, my sorc destroys DK's so easy.