The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

WEAKEST CLASS IN PVP?

• Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Lhorion wrote: »
    DK was always OP. So he has to be OP now, too!!!!
    So you get this logic?
    Mist of the people voting for DK die because they are used to complain about the legendary OP DK.

P.S.: Some DK-Votes are fun-votes because it is too funny claiming DK OP now.

I never claimed the DK was "OP" (well, recently, anyhow), but I do agree that they're inherently the "strongest" class. They have the most survivability in terms of defensive skills, offensive ability (although this is hotly debated amongst all classes) utility (CC, etc.) and overall survivability due to Heavy Armor and Stamina makeup typically. Does this mean it's the DK's fault? No, not necessarily- but in terms of "balance" it does present an obstacle and challenge for other classes. "Force to be reckoned with" is how I would term it, I suppose.

I've played all 4 classes- and I know the 2 I had the *least* trouble in playing were DK and Sorc. I actually started with a NB when the game was released- (need I say more on that?) and also attempted and am still playing a Templar now (my NB is now VR1) and finding it an intriguing class but it does have some issues- if you're trying to play it as a "healer" class, anyway. I specced mine out more like a "paladin" so that I have more survivability and usually I have no issues unless it's 3-4+ mobs at a time (PvP mileage may vary) in PvE.

All that being said- I agree that what "used to be" doesn't mean "what will be".
    Edited by Sylveria_Relden on April 19, 2015 7:56PM
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    maryriv wrote: »
    Garion wrote: »
    I find that 9/10 DKs are the easiest kill for me as a sorc. NBs are a pain in the arse because of cloak, templars have a ton of heals and sorcerers can stack shields.

Also they got nerfed in the ground

Same, my sorc destroys DK's so easy.

Now I have to defend DKs. We are not OP, but we are not weak.
    A good Destro/Resto DK can fight a sorc with shieldstack + scales.
  • Bane_of_Fringe
    Bane_of_Fringe
    ✭✭✭
    Outside of sorc, I'd say magicka templar, DK, and NB are some of the weaker builds in the game at the moment. Doesn't mean you can't do good things with them though.
    Characters:
    Bane of Fringe Vr-14
    Casts as Hatchling Vr-5
    Shinobu-chan Vr-1
    Holo the Wise and Cunning Vr-5
    Soft Rose Vr-1
    Svaedstrom Lowbie
    Man in the Fringe Vr-2
    Batul Gra-Sharob Vr-1

Previous vets:
    Jade Blossom Vr-1
    Man in the Fringe Vr-5
    RAGE
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templar no doubt.

BUT, actually this new meta hurts DKs more than anyone. They dropped from top to 3rd line in one night. Whole purpose of the class was ruined in one night. But they are still somewhat strong with some builds.

Templars were already weak before except one or two paticular build which they were very strong and shined (stamina dd/tank hybrid, from my point of view)
    Now with the nerfs to that "only working build" and due to the new meta(plus broken skills), they are at the bottom line of the food chain. It feels like, every build I created myself and builds found in Tamriel Foundry can be performed way better by other classes. Say magicka builds -> Sorcs or stamina builds -> NBs

Healbot templars should stay out of discussion.
    Edit: Heck, they are weaker as well than before.
    Edited by Soris on April 19, 2015 9:31PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • addimate
    addimate
    Soul Shriven
    TEMPLAR
    We now know what people think is strong, i wonder if the polls will look similar since we only get 1 vote!

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    TheBull wrote: »
    :'(

There is no build a good stamina NB cannot handle.

There are really good counter builds, but no one is using them in open PvP.
    Not saying that a NB can't handle it, but it's extremely difficult.

Anyway.. Templar is the weakest. Except heal spam and Cheesus Beam, they ain't doing anything.

Ps:
    NB > all :sunglasses:
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templars ofc, especially magicka templars; however everytime i see this quote i wanna record and upload my fights.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    I don't think we templars are actually "weak". But we're so terrible at both chasing and escaping (unless though stamina non-class skills only) that it can be really frustrating to play solo (NOT "in the zerg without a group") at times.

I also feel for our dk brethren but I think their flappy wings (more stam to dodge than when spamming defensive stance) and the availability of a root (granted, it's not used as much anymore) and fossilize still gives them a slight edge over us when it comes to picking fights.

In groups, a mix containing all classes is still very good. 3 or 4 sorcs might make a great team, but once you're lookign at ~8 players, I think there should be one of each at least.
    Zerg-performance is pointless imho and so are duels (where it's always much better to equip / slot skills for the particular encounter).

Thus, being able to choose one's fights is probably the largest factor that makes a class strong or weak. And templars suck at that in comparison.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Soulac wrote: »

Anyway.. Templar is the weakest. Except heal spam and Cheesus Beam, they ain't doing anything.

Ps:
    Sure... I did not mean NB kills everyone in evey situation, but he can fight every build. Some builds are hadrer for a stam NB, some are not. But all in all stam NB is a great build for many emenie builds. DKs can have great builds, too! And sorcs... well... sorcs have one build to rule them all. :)

Just templar..... poor guys... will loose :)
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Soulac wrote: »

Ps:
    Sure... I did not mean NB kills everyone in evey situation, but he can fight every build. Some builds are hadrer for a stam NB, some are not. But all in all stam NB is a great build for many emenie builds. DKs can have great builds, too! And sorcs... well... sorcs have one build to rule them all. :)

Just templar..... poor guys... will loose :)

Sorcs.. So boring to fight against.

Yesterday I fought a Stamina DK, really tough and high dmg. Damn whitestrake.
    Yes, there are good DKs build out there.. :D

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything that is a Magicka build and not a Sorcerer.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templar. Magicka.

Zero escapes, zero mobility. Easily rolled by a group. Worst DPS of all magicka classes. 6-7 broken or impractical skills.
    Blazing Shield double nerfed (smaller HP pools, 15% less effective in Cyrodiil).

Faced with a group a Sorcerer can BE away, NB can stealth away, DK is almost as bad as Templar but RS gives some cover for a retreat, Templar just stands there and tries to heal, but it's just a mattter a a few seconds and dead.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Ironically some of the best fights I've had, were from Templars both stamina and magicka based.

But for as squishy as NB can be, they can still put out tons of damage and have huge variety with different builds and skill choices. So it'd have to be Templar for me...followed by..

2.) Nightblade

3.) Dragonknight

4.) Sorcerer
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE

Key part... stamina NB... Magicka NB is usless right now... me...
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    akray21 wrote: »

Key part... stamina NB... Magicka NB is usless right now... me...

True, best thing they have will be destroyed by detection potions.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templar, specifically magicka, is the weakest class and will be for months and months "until after the console release dies down." And this doesn't even consider their "good" skills are so buggy that they often get them killed.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 20, 2015 2:33PM
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    DK was always OP. So he has to be OP now, too!!!!
    So you get this logic?
    Mist of the people voting for DK die because they are used to complain about the legendary OP DK.

P.S.: Some DK-Votes are fun-votes because it is too funny claiming DK OP now.

I never claimed the DK was "OP" (well, recently, anyhow), but I do agree that they're inherently the "strongest" class. They have the most survivability in terms of defensive skills, offensive ability (although this is hotly debated amongst all classes) utility (CC, etc.) and overall survivability due to Heavy Armor and Stamina makeup typically. Does this mean it's the DK's fault? No, not necessarily- but in terms of "balance" it does present an obstacle and challenge for other classes. "Force to be reckoned with" is how I would term it, I suppose.

I've played all 4 classes- and I know the 2 I had the *least* trouble in playing were DK and Sorc. I actually started with a NB when the game was released- (need I say more on that?) and also attempted and am still playing a Templar now (my NB is now VR1) and finding it an intriguing class but it does have some issues- if you're trying to play it as a "healer" class, anyway. I specced mine out more like a "paladin" so that I have more survivability and usually I have no issues unless it's 3-4+ mobs at a time (PvP mileage may vary) in PvE.

All that being said- I agree that what "used to be" doesn't mean "what will be".

1. You need "finished" v14 chars to compare classes. Your NB is V1? So you spent most of your time in questing? Interesting. You should play a V14 stamina NB with good equip before judging.
    2. DK has GDB.... But even Combatr prayer is better if you use light armour. So... Every class can have an heal. DK has no way to escape or to get rid of beeing in focus.
    3. I have a V14 sorc and a V14 DK. I plaid my DK through 32 Alliance ranks, but I can tell you: My sorc is much stronger because he has an incredible number of magicka, stronger shields and BoL.

I don't say that DK is weak, but he is not the strongest class in the game. If you feel like DKs always kill you then you do some mistakes.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Sorcs are the weakest, i dont hear anyone else in my TS getting one shot by bows and they dudes dont even have to stealth any more to put out the massive damage every second. Sorcs go down pretty easy for me as well, even with BoL everywhere.

Templars, Get one that heal spams or dodge roll spams and they are hard to kill, but besides that they are pretty easy to take down, half the time a long fight i would say.

Night blades, Hard to take down even with detect potion up, all the cloaking and roll dodging make these squishy bung holes some of the toughest class to take down. plus they can just turn around and two shot your ass with there ambush, then soul harvest. or you get the nubs who are in stealth with a bow and 1 shot you off in the distance, really damn irritating.

Dragon knights, are the toughest for me to take down, all the reflective scales and GDB spam makes them really hard to take down if they are magicka based and the roll dodge two hand dk's with petrify spam are by far the biggest cheese (i mean skilled) play there is in the game right now. dk's are still on top if half the people who played them werent noobs it would be seen as the most OP well balanced class in the game, no matter the build you pick. cant deny all the synergies that makes them great.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templars are really only good for group support, still....

I've tried a lot of different builds for my temp but he just seems way to sluggish compared to other classes, not to mention most Templar abilities are just plain terrible. Jabs giving instant CC immunity, eclipse not working 90% of the time you try and cast it) and for whatever reason the kept the GC on focused charge so you attack the target and then have to sit there giving them a free hit or letting them get unstunned (depending on the morph)

Templars Also took a massive hit for support with the Breath of life and radiant Aura abilities.

I'm beginning to think templars needs a complete re-do, the only good abilities they have are sun fire, solar flare, radiant destruction, spears, and blazing shield.
    ~Thallen~
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Damn i misclicked!

Sorcerers are the weakest class in pvp. Low survivability, low damage, and no escape ability. *^^*
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    Damn i misclicked!

Sorcerers are the weakest class in pvp. Low survivability, low damage, and no escape ability. *^^*

lol. I see what you did there.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templars are subpar at the moment by a long shot, The double nerf to blazing shield is a massive kick in the nuts.

We have very low dps
    No survivability
    If we tank we do basically nothing

We are similar to magicka dk's at the moment but we dont have wings, So we basically use a crappy 7k shield which costs way too much.

I feel so much more weaker than 1.5
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    I want to vote Templar (haven't yet) based on magicka lack of DPS or the saving grace that once was our shield that used to offer quite a bit more protection, relatively speaking; but to be honest, if I am looking at magicka builds, all but one class really is any good and a lot of that has to do with effective defenses in order to wear light armor. 3/4 classes are in a bad spot to wear light armor right now, the other is ridiculous when they have their active protection but garbage without. Support role with healing, while nerfed for my templar now, probably put it about even with the other 2 as far as being magicka based and why you see some exceptional players do well with any of them, yet not as good as that said 4th.

Stamina wise in order from best to worst it goes NB. DK... Templar.. Sorc so I would say by law of averages with templar being tied for the bottom spot in magicka as well as second to bottom in stam I guess I will vote Templar
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Weakest at what? 1v1? Group? DPS? Tanking? CC'ing?

I think all around, NBs are the weakest. A good DPS Templar build is the #1 solo build in PvP atm. A good heal build is a must have for group play, agree that Temps can't be both.

I honestly can't comment on sorcs.

DKs - Anyone that picks them, it's laughable. A tanky DK can hold off entire groups in group play, a DPS built 2H DK will own everybody easily except a DPS stam build Templar.

Now NBs? Group based, we can fear bomb and do really well here as a CC class. But no thanks. I played a NB for different reasons, if I wanted to be a CC'er in PvP I would have picked a different class / game.

NBs 1v1 do well as long as we get the jump on players. I have nearly 3k in weapon attack, all V14 yellow equipment, and I'd like to think I'm pretty good. I take down sorcs and NBs pretty easy when I get them jump on them. Temps and DKs, no chance.

Group based, my steel tornado and power extraction does pretty well along with fear bombing if I must. But I am out DPS'd by a steel tornado'ing stam build temp, which is hilarious.

Really should be
    Weakest 1v1 build in PvP? Heal build temp

Weakest group build in PvP? Any single target DPS build.
    Edited by reften on April 20, 2015 5:53PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are subpar at the moment by a long shot, The double nerf to blazing shield is a massive kick in the nuts.

We have very low dps
    No survivability

We are similar to magicka dk's at the moment but we dont have wings, So we basically use a crappy 7k shield which costs way too much.

This is our time in the sun. Savor it. Cloudy skies ahead.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR

We have very low dps
    No survivability

Yeah, we pulled an Icarus while 1.6 was on the test server and our wings melted from all that sun.
    Edited by technohic on April 20, 2015 6:03PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    oren74 wrote: »

I think all around, NBs are the weakest. A good DPS Templar build is the #1 solo build in PvP atm. A good heal build is a must have for group play, agree that Temps can't be both.

DKs - Anyone that picks them, it's laughable. A tanky DK can hold off entire groups in group play, a DPS built 2H DK will own everybody easily except a DPS stam build Templar.

Now NBs? Group based, we can fear bomb and do really well here as a CC class. But no thanks. I played a NB for different reasons, if I wanted to be a CC'er in PvP I would have picked a different class / game.

NBs 1v1 do well as long as we get the jump on players. I have nearly 3k in weapon attack, all V14 yellow equipment, and I'd like to think I'm pretty good. I take down sorcs and NBs pretty easy when I get them jump on them. Temps and DKs, no chance.

Group based, my steel tornado and power extraction does pretty well along with fear bombing if I must. But I am out DPS'd by a steel tornado'ing stam build temp, which is hilarious.

Really should be

Are you serious... I honestly can't tell.
    NBs have nice burst, kiting tools, AoE, CC, resource management through the roof.
    NB is right behind Sorc as a magicka damage dealer and undoubtly #1 on stamina. Ok-ish healers and by far the best tanks right now.
    Stam templar is in fact weaker than stam NB and DK now, and DK is in pretty much every role right behind NB.
    And if you can not win against other players 1v1 with a stamina NB if you don't gank them that's an obvious l2p issue.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

We have very low dps
    No survivability

Yeah, we pulled an Icarus while 1.6 was on the test server and our wings melted from all that sun.
    And yet I still take my Argonian magicka-based Templar into PvP. I am guessing that if that race or class (both?!? :smiley: ) get some serious buffs useful for PvP all of the work I have to do to not die every 10 seconds will pay off like some kind of movie training montage. :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    ToRelax wrote: »

Really should be

NBs have nice burst, kiting tools, AoE, CC, resource management through the roof.
    NB is right behind Sorc as a magicka damage dealer and undoubtly #1 on stamina. Ok-ish healers and by far the best tanks right now.
    Stam templar is in fact weaker than stam NB and DK now, and DK is in pretty much every role right behind NB.
    And if you can not win against other players 1v1 with a stamina NB if you don't gank them that's an obvious l2p issue.

You run a v14 NB?
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    ToRelax wrote: »

Really should be

You run a v14 NB?

No, but I tested all classes on PTS.

You have a V14 Sorc and DK by any chance, like me? What tells you those can do any better then? It's the same stupid argument.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU