The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WEAKEST CLASS IN PVP?

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    I had to say Nightblades for me. When I think about which kill quest I really don't mind..Its NBs. Don't get me wrong there are some nasty ones out there and if they catch you first?..insta dead...but usually my gap closers take care of most.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    The votes speak for themselves once again!
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    The votes speak for themselves once again!

Doesn't matter, this and rest of the polls will be ignored by ZOS!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templar is weakest, hands down. My 32 Nightblade is stronger in pvp than my VR14 Templar.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    My templar stam 2h / bow could kill any class. I even found it stronger than my dk with the same build.

They got a (still) good dmg shield.

Ability to cleanse all debuff at low cost (purifying ritual)

Excellent passives (look closer at aedric spear ones)

But of course they have low mobility and lack of aoe cc. But that can be replaced by using weapons/alliance war skills/proper armor for roll dodging.

Of course my main weakess was against kiters like streak sorcs. But the was still a way to manage to get kills on these. Was just harder.

I dont want you all to take this as a L2P post. But look at what others do and question yourself on the why. You will find that some players exploiting some passives or strengths
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    No one saying it is complete BS but it is just weak. Compare stamina templar and stamina nightblade on all aspects and think again. Compare 1.5 templar with 1.6 templar for more results.
    Shield is useless and weak where you can just dodge the damage all together.

And lol at L2P comment where you pick nightblade class as it is the weakest one while it's top.
    Edited by Soris on April 29, 2015 1:33PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    No I picked nb because ita my most killed class on my kill counter as I carry detect pots and am built to kill them with bubble shields and burst.

Edit I did a quick comparison and I dont see your point saying that nb is better in all aspect than templars with a stam build. Perhaps im not biased by comments here. Re looked a 1vX video of mine and noticed how I was easily killing nbs (and didnt use detect pots on the video too).

Of course, Im not using a glass cannon build like most nb. I combine tankiness, burst and sustain. Then again, I think I use the templar more effeciently.
    Edited by Kupoking on April 29, 2015 2:21PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    If we talking about 1vX videos, then all classes are OP because in most cases X stands for "noobs" who have no idea about game mechanics as we see in every video all over the forum.

I don't know how did you combine tankiness burst and sustain in one build and remain competitive in current meta with limited CP. You can do it in some degree but then your fights would last for 10+ minutes. That's not optimal where people can be killed in seconds.

I'd suggest you duel with a good stamina nightblade as a stamina templar. Fear alone will rip off your stamina bar after a minute of fight for example. And how about that one shot ultimate whatever is it?
    What have you got as a stamina templar? Just good old purify, 2 aedric spear passives and a joke jabs.. Shield and aura are now useless. Our heal is useless even more with stamina builds. They were mainly what made us strong and unique before update 6.
    Compare again.
    Edited by Soris on April 29, 2015 3:17PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    No I picked nb because ita my most killed class on my kill counter as I carry detect pots and am built to kill them with bubble shields and burst.

Edit I did a quick comparison and I dont see your point saying that nb is better in all aspect than templars with a stam build. Perhaps im not biased by comments here. Re looked a 1vX video of mine and noticed how I was easily killing nbs (and didnt use detect pots on the video too).

Of course, Im not using a glass cannon build like most nb. I combine tankiness, burst and sustain. Then again, I think I use the templar more effeciently.

Be careful not to strain your arm patting yourself on the back.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 29, 2015 3:17PM
  • Gargragrond
    Gargragrond
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    DK, although it can still be quite strong - you just need to replace every class skill in the bar with more efficient alternatives from the other skill lines :) maybe that applies to templars as well.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Gargra my man! Don't make me start^^ Dks still have good class ultimates and passives to work with them for *** moments.
    Loving the endless fights with you! :smiley: Though they are much shorter than before :p
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE

Ppl who try to put others in disrepute using arrogant insults are just ppl who arent smart enough to make up an argumentation. No reason to explain my point any further if im exchanging with ***.

Nerf nb and buff templar, I dont care.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    [...]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 4, 2015 8:04PM
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is "none of the above". The weakest class is the "Potato" class.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR

Ppl who try to put others in disrepute using arrogant insults are just ppl who arent smart enough to make up an argumentation. No reason to explain my point any further if im exchanging with ***.

[...]

irony-of-food2.jpg

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 4, 2015 8:04PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR

[...]

Just 2 quotes of your posts.. Spot the differences.
    Am I smarter than you now? : 3

edit: @Joy_Division damn man, you appeared to be faster than me :p

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 4, 2015 8:06PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    No good player cares about Sypher, his mediocre builds and his videos of him slaughtering newbies. They are however a very good inspiration for newbies!

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 4, 2015 8:06PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Sorc: can run away.
    NB: can stealth away.
    Temp: can tank away.

DK: .... can use Green Dragon Blood to... umm.... get 30% health back? While being pounded and knocked and stunned and rooted?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Davadin wrote: »
    Sorc: can run away.
    NB: can stealth away.
    Temp: can tank away.

DK: .... can use Green Dragon Blood to... umm.... get 30% health back? While being pounded and knocked and stunned and rooted?

The difference between theory and practice right?

Bolt escape works against many foes.
    Stealth works against many foes.
    Healing on the other hand only works against a few foes. At best. This is why Templar and DK are sort of in a similar boat at the moment. No way to get away.
  • Xevothian
    Xevothian
    ✭✭
    All classes are equally as good if you know how to play them and are skilled.
    VR14 Dragonknight EP-Xevothian | VR14 Dragonknight DC- 'Xevothian | VR2 Sorcerer EP- Xevothiian |
    Guild- Sayians
    PvP for life
    Whisper me in-game @Xevothian for a duel
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    I chose templar only because I have the most ease in killing them generally. But to be fair, I also get killed by them very frequently.

I would choose sorcs, but they are too good at hit and runs, I would choose NB but they are proving to be balanced now, and I would not choose DK as DK are definately fine, and have very few problems.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Going to say my Templar, for now as it's the class I'm struggling to find a good set up with since coming back.

Not sure what people think is wrong with DK, but I rolled my first last month and I'm loving it in PVP, second to my NB in PVP. (although NB only useful to me as a ganker!)
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hijacked and tweaked Syphers stam NB build. Its a sick sick build and 1v1 im nearly unstoppable. That being said I do occasionally lose to a skilled player from any class. A few templars can beat my sustain forcing me eventually to flee or give up trying to pound on them. Not a good lot in life, but better than the poor DKs and sorcs I make meat of most often.

There are good players out there with well thought out builds and gear that are very tough to beat if I can beat them at all. I appreciate fighting these players. Their skill and gear sets and builds show you that any class can be OP if played by skilled hands with the time to commit to good gear.

I lose to LOTS of players of any class all the time. Anymore than 3v1 is hopeless. If the 3 are somewhat skilled 3v1 becomes nearly impossible. I have won a few 6v1s tho with players arriving staggered but in one continuous fight.

Really I dont feel like any class is weaker or stronger. The classes just sit their waiting for a creative mind to counter the issues each class has and raise their game up to the point where they become UBER. This requires the right gear set which complements the right skills which complements the right racials which fit your specific playstyle the best.

Perhaps my opinion will change once i get my Tank DK into PVP at VR14. I doubt it.

Duuk
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    weakest class i have come accross so far is stam sorc, omg is it hard to build this thing.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    weakest class i have come accross so far is stam sorc, omg is it hard to build this thing.

Didn't you hear? Sorcs are supposed to only go magicka and everything else stamina. Save for the Templars whos only life should be healing those other classes. Pocket heal or GTFO!

But seriously. the more I read it seems people want to balance everything between Stamina NB and Magicka Sorcs; everything else be damned. I'm not so sure Templars are weak anymore. I think it is just the meta this has created
    Edited by technohic on May 6, 2015 1:29PM
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    [...]
    No good player cares about Sypher, his mediocre builds and his videos of him slaughtering newbies. They are however a very good inspiration for newbies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkORR2MPrvs
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    With the larger sampling it has become quite a bit more accurate, however I still feel that DK is more of a free kill than Templar. But they are neck in neck for the worst.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    DK miss range or Initiator. (Just speaking from Class skills)
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Templars are the weakest class, but mainly because off magicka builds, most stamina builds are quite strong.

DKs can be pretty strong, especially stamina DKs who have unlocked Vigor. For me as a sorc DKs are the hardest class to kill or even do damage to, especially my main damage abilities, cfrags, is easy to reflect, dodge or block.

Magicka build sorcs are pretty strong but if you can CC them they're not so hard to kill, most stamina sorcs are free AP bags running around but I dont see them often.

For NBs the build and player skill is probably the most noticeable, some NBs are dead in a couple hits, others are very hard to hit, have good sustain and do good burst damage. I think a good NB build is the most powerful atm but also the hardest class to play.

This is mainly from a sorc standpoint, other classes will probably have other experiences, some classes just work better against others.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Stam sorc is the weakest

no active way to mitigate damage
    -hardened ward shield is so low that any hit that breaks it makes armor and spell resist 0 and it becomes critable. so not really a boon but a bane.
    -medium armor feels just as bad as wearing light armor, to me anyway.
    -so much stuff goes through roll dodge that should be dodgable, crit rush, ambush and flying blades, etc..
    -healing from vigor is slowish and rally is good for one heal. probably a learning issue on my part though.
    -escape is tough with charges on your ass 24/7 and no way to mitigate the damage like cloak, or hardened ward. through bolt dodge rolls mind you.
    -nightblades fear burst combo f's you up harder here then if you were a magicka sorc in light armor with hardened ward.
    -cant seem to roll dodge forever and keep high weapon damage like the other classes stam classes.
    -lack of passives that synergize with stam and abilities that do just plain arent worth using except a stupid toggle bound armor that is just made worthless because, well its a toggle and eats up the already precious slots you already need.

Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos