Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Steel Tornado (The new Impulse)

Maulkin
Maulkin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So Impulse was an AoE spammable skill that made stacking and zerging efficient and was quite rightly nerfed. It had its range decreased, its cost increased and ultimately its damage nerfed.

But now there's a new Impulse. One we can all get behind. One with 12m radius and double the damage of the previous Impulse. An Impulse by the people, for the people. An Impulse named Steel Tornado that every zerg currently runs

~6k AoE damage over 12m and even more when your health drops? Can we give this the Impulse treatment pls? ;)

SteelTornado_zpsea3ftmc6.jpg

Edited by Maulkin on April 4, 2015 1:10PM
EU | PC | AD
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because ZOS can't think any further ahead than the last patch.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well jeez. Consider moving? I mean you should have min 25k life in Cyro - so maybe you need to learn to move away. Also you were attacked by 2 people - what did you think would happen? I am pretty sure if 2 people come up and stab me and I just stand there (and even if not!) I will die.

Can we please stop being so ridiculous? What did you think was gonna happen?
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also since when is 2 people a zerg ftlof.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Also since when is 2 people a zerg ftlof.

That was the screenshot I had handy, it demonstrates the damage that the skill does. That doesn't mean 2 people is the maximum of people that use it. I've seen groups of 20 running in spamming steel tornado.

The whole argument "Jeez, consider moving" is as stupid now as when it was made by Bats + Impulse spammers...so yeah.

Edit: And consider it has bigger range than Impulse or bats and I've actually seen people use with Bats like they did with Impulse.

Edited by Maulkin on April 4, 2015 1:58PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: And consider it has bigger range than Impulse or bats and I've actually seen people use with Bats like they did with Impulse.

Bats + Roll Dodge + Steel Tornado Emperor
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiners gonna whine I guess. I cannot wait (if they even bother to care enough that is) for emporers and empresses to weigh in here. If you think it is that easy you have never made it.

I have. Twice. It's not that easy.

Move out of the way. Or get a screenshot that shows anything worth complaining about.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Bats + Roll Dodge + Steel Tornado Emperor

Yep, Invisibats to avoid CC, throw in some Vigor for huge AoE heals. PvP Axes for resources on every kill.

It's pretty simple really
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Whiners gonna whine I guess.

Awww :)

I like it when someone can't post anything rational and resort to "quite Whining, L2P" stuff.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much more interested in trying to understand the psychology behind why players call for nerfs.

Are they somehow ultra-competitive and want a perfectly level playing field in which to compete and call victory?

Do they think that they're doing us or community some sort of favor?

Are they just not interested in establishing countermeasures and adapting to be effective against a powerful adversary?

Maybe something else... Of all the things needing attention, IMO this is very low priority and hope ZOS treats it as such.

And I'm not saying or implying it even needs to change and doubt that it does.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20k frags....complains at 8k tornado :/
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Steel tornado works like an execute, so they will achieve huge dmg only if you get low on health.
    A NB using Steel tornado don't got any heals or good defense, they sacrifice it for dmg as example, seems fine for me.
    You can block Steel tornado btw..
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imo the radius is to big and the execute should rather be tied to another duealwield skill, like Twin Slashes or a morph of it.
    Never understood why it was left that strong, but before 1.6 I didn't mind, with dualwield being pretty underpowered.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it when someone can't post anything rational and resort to "quite Whining, L2P" stuff.

I adore it when a pvper dies to lame stuff and complains - that's how DKs get their wings!
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    20k frags....complains at 8k tornado :/

20k frags is very out of the ordinary, only test lab produced, but I have many times said that some of the sorc burst needs to be toned down.
    Soulac wrote: »
    Steel tornado works like an execute, so they will achieve huge dmg only if you get low on health.
    A NB using Steel tornado don't got any heals or good defense, they sacrifice it for dmg as example, seems fine for me.
    You can block Steel tornado btw..

You can block everything, including impulse and it does half the damage of Steel tornado.

Also look at the screenshot again. Those 6k hits, I'm nowhere near the execute range, only the last 8k hit.

Do you know how much damage Impulse does on full magicka PvE DPS setup? 3.2k tooltip and it has half the range of Steel Tornado

Edited by Maulkin on April 4, 2015 2:36PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I adore it when a pvper dies to lame stuff and complains - that's how DKs get their wings!

Don't get me wrong, I do love your constructive posts...bur care to explain how double the damage and double the range from every other PBAoE skill is okay, or you will you just continue calling it "lame stuff"?

If it was lame, people wouldn't use it ;)

They do, in masses

Edited by Maulkin on April 4, 2015 2:41PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you honestly trying to suggest that the nightblade skill "steel tornado" is over powered? obsurd, and can only be seen as a joke. im sory but this is laughable.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    are you honestly trying to suggest that the nightblade skill "steel tornado" is over powered? obsurd, and can only be seen as a joke. im sory but this is laughable.

Are we playing the same game? It's not a NB skill, it's a Dual Wield skill.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's not a NB skill.

- Meow -
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only way "steel tornado" will do any real signifacant damage is if your health is low and by "low" i mean you are close to death -as in below 20%-
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I do love your constructive posts...bur care to explain how double the damage and double the range from every other PBAoE skill is okay, or you will you just continue calling it "lame stuff"?

They do, in masses

I believe people are using dual because spell damage increases too.
    Plus it works well with many of the pbAoE class skills.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the only way "steel tornado" will do any real signifacant damage is if your health is low and by "low" i mean you are close to death -as in below 20%-

The first two hits are outside of execute range
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

They do, in masses

I believe people are using dual because spell damage increases too.
    Plus it works well with many of the pbAoE class skills.

People are using it for the range and the damage. The very same reason reason Impulse become a zerg favourite.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets be realistic here, the reason it has not been huge and widely used is because steel tornado is weak and does not do high damage like what you are saying.
    ill say it again "its a finisher move" it only going to do any real and significant damge if the enemy is near DEATH as in low low health and even then its basicly only realy usefull in pve. i took it off my skill bar long ago and only use it for pve.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on April 5, 2015 5:04PM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be glad the meteor proc from DOTS set has been nerfed. This ability was even better with a couple axes then.

Thought that the other day when fighting the emp who uses that, blazing shield, bats and roll dodge with like 40k health.
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm brawler deals good dmg AND gains you a huge Shield everytime you use it. So basically it's defense and offense in one.
    To get steel tornado really strong you need to be a total glass canon.. One little stun and you're pretty much dead. Also brawler costs much less than steel tornado.

Bow has also a huge range AoE with arrow spray, which also immobilize enemys..

- Meow -
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

this^
    lets be realistic here, the reason it has not been huge and widely used is because steel tornado is weak and does not do high damage like what you are saying.
    ill say it again "its a finisher move" it only going to do any real and significant damge if the enemy is near DEATH as in low low health and even then its basicly only realy usefull in pve. i took it off my skill bar long ago and only use it for pve.

You're out of touch with reality. There are tons of people out there using it in PvP.

When you say it "does not do high damage like what you are saying" what do you mean by that? Cause I said nothing, I showed with screenshots. So unless you're saying that I photoshopped that screenshot, then please elaborate

The damage as evidenced (6k when not in execute range) is superior to any other AoE damage and in fact as good as some single target skills.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look, you seem adamant and determined that steel tornado does a huge amount of damage and is Over Powered in your eyes, and from the removal of sneak speeds that happened because of a thread like this one that angers me every single day and i think about it constantly.
    i do not use steel tornado because it only has real value in pve so lets just keep going on this thread and you can keep on spaming your comments to have it reduce damage- go ahead dude- i dont even use it, so yeah go ahead, lets get it removed from the game :)
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm brawler deals good dmg AND gains you a huge Shield everytime you use it. So basically it's defense and offense in one.
    To get steel tornado really strong you need to be a total glass canon.. One little stun and you're pretty much dead. Also brawler costs much less than steel tornado.

Neither of those are 12m range blind PBAoEs though. It makes a huge difference to PvP as people create deathballs blindly spamming stuff that covers pretty much the entire nearby area when it comes to fights in keeps, breaches etc.

If I see 20 people spam Brawler, like I did see 20 people spam Steel Tornado, I might start getting worried. But I haven't yet.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Neither of those are 12m range blind PBAoEs though. It makes a huge difference to PvP as people create deathballs blindly spamming stuff that covers pretty much the entire nearby area when it comes to fights in keeps, breaches etc.

If I see 20 people spam Brawler, like I did see 20 people spam Steel Tornado, I might start getting worried. But I haven't yet.

deal-with-it-cat.jpg

- Meow -
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    look, you seem adamant and determined that steel tornado does a huge amount of damage and is Over Powered in your eyes, and from the removal of sneak speeds that happened because of a thread like this one that angers me every single day and i think about it constantly.
    i do not use steel tornado because it only has real value in pve so lets just keep going on this thread and you can keep on spaming your comments to have it reduce damage- go ahead dude- i dont even use it, so yeah go ahead, lets get it removed from the game :)

Who said remove it from from the game?

I would have no issue with it hitting hard if range was smaller or cone. And I wouldn't have an issue with the range, if the damage was lower. As it is, it's got everything. A PvP nerf would be to reduce the range, like they did with Impulse.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options