The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why all the hate?

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    For one who has played since beta, I still get *** pings, massive lag spikes, eternal loads, patch manifest errors, unknown version errors, crashes, drop outs ... hjkhsdhchn ... I'm tired now.
    +1

/thread
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightscar wrote: »
    I don't get how some of you always crash.. It seams to me it may be your computers and not the game in all honesty...
    I have played the game over a month and have not crashed a single time.. And I have been all over PvP pve .

Of course my
    I7 4790k
    Gtx 780 ti
    16GB ram
    And SSD hard drive
    Might help haha

But still to me I think many people are trying to run ESO on a pos laptop or a underpowered PC..
    Consoles might be the better way to go for you folks in all honesty..

I have an i5 4790k
    GTX 760
    16Gb RAM
    and the fastest SSD available as of a couple months ago

Doesn't help
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People can say a lot in the internet, but seldom back it up in RL. Anonymity is what makes people forget their manners, as they don't have to face any consequences. Its usually those not happy in RL that rage most, just like its those in RL raging most who are unhappy with their current situation.

A happy person wont care if he is stuck in traffic, the server is down or someone is a bit slower in the supermarket. However, people who get constantly mad should ask themselves why and what they can do to improve their life, rather than blaming everyone else for their issues.
  • LaughingJack
    LaughingJack
    ✭✭
    well, it is the Age of entitlement . . .
    Seeker of Shiny Objects
    Vapour Vehiculo De Dolor
    I7-920(2.6GHz), Win7-64, 8GB, HD4870-512, 40-90fps.
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one who has played since beta, I still get *** pings, massive lag spikes, eternal loads, patch manifest errors, unknown version errors, crashes, drop outs ... hjkhsdhchn ... I'm tired now.

This.

The game disappointed most players and it's still disappointing.
  • Indaghdha
    Indaghdha
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    People can say a lot in the internet, but seldom back it up in RL. Anonymity is what makes people forget their manners, as they don't have to face any consequences. Its usually those not happy in RL that rage most, just like its those in RL raging most who are unhappy with their current situation.

A happy person wont care if he is stuck in traffic, the server is down or someone is a bit slower in the supermarket. However, people who get constantly mad should ask themselves why and what they can do to improve their life, rather than blaming everyone else for their issues.

This right here, although more so the part of anominity. Not one of the worst rage posters would have the sack to talk to some one face to face they way it gets dished out here.
    Edited by Indaghdha on April 1, 2015 9:56AM
    Kres'ar'tarthi - Altmer sorcerer healer
    Fergus Mór - Breton templar healer
    Oengus Mór - Breton templar tank
    Cináed Mór - Imperial templar tank
    Máel Mór - Lvl 36 Imperial templar tank
  • werghon
    werghon
    ✭✭
    The people who fill the forum with whining/hateful/bragging posts will always do it in every game they play no matter what happens from the developers.I would not be surprised if the developers dont read the forums cause of the constant whine that fills it instead of suggestions to the improve the game and tips between players.
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    werghon wrote: »
    The people who fill the forum with whining/hateful/bragging posts will always do it in every game they play no matter what happens from the developers.I would not be surprised if the developers dont read the forums cause of the constant whine that fills it instead of suggestions to the improve the game and tips between players.

You do realize that ESO has been anything but a huge success? That's the point where those so called whiners matter.
  • werghon
    werghon
    ✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »

You do realize that ESO has been anything but a huge success? That's the point where those so called whiners matter.

I plau the game cause i like it, and i read the forum to get some good advices from more experienced players and most of all to get a hint of whats coming in the future, sadly it is hard to get those posts in the ocean of whining hate, why are you on the forum?
  • Krycek89
    Krycek89
    ✭✭✭

I plau the game cause i like it, and i read the forum to get some good advices from more experienced players and most of all to get a hint of whats coming in the future, sadly it is hard to get those posts in the ocean of whining hate, why are you on the forum?

good point
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you open those threads when you are just looking for advice?

Some players (like me) are here since launch and know exactly how ESO "evolved" within its first year and it has been just disappointing.

If you don't want to see / read whine posts or negative opinions, don't open those threads.

And if you are looking for guides or something like that, General Discussion is the wrong part of the forum.
    Edited by Seraphyel on April 1, 2015 10:26AM
  • werghon
    werghon
    ✭✭

Why do you open those threads when you are just looking for advice?

Some players (like me) are here since launch and know exactly how ESO "evolved" within its first year and it has been just disappointing.

If you don't want to see / read whine posts or negative opinions, don't open those threads.

And if you are looking for guides or something like that, General Discussion is the wrong part of the forum.

oh well you just proved my point mr not so friendly guy
  • drackonir
    drackonir
    ✭✭✭
    I know that Gamers expect a high standard,

no, gamers expect their own standard in every game they are playing. Frankly, nowadays these standards are very low, in most cases people want the game to be easier, simpler and with as little interaction as possible.

I think this is the last MMO i play as i don't find this genre entertaining any more. 15 years ago, fewer plp were playing MMO and we were playing games as they were, difficult and challenging and we were enjoying them. Now, with the influx of 4-buttons players, most games, even MMO are being made to suits them. They might be dumbed customers but they are in majority and they are paying, MMO designers like money and as a result we have MMO genre sailing that direction; in my case, away from the shore i am standing.
    "Even Gods dislike the absolute, for it stinks of something larger than themselves."
    Sotha Sil
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Sigh* What is this, the third time this nonsense topic has come up this week?

People who complain on the forums are people who care enough about the game that they want it to improve. Not complaining about the bugs means they don't get fixed. Not complaining about ZOS's terrible communication with players encourages them to continue that behavior. Not complaining about broken promises encourages that behavior. Not complaining about some really terrible design decisions means they don't get addressed.

The complainers are people who care about the game and want it to live up to its potential. Sometimes things get heated, but that's just a sign of how passionate people are about the game.

Seriously, these forums aren't even close to bad, and considering some of ZOS's decisions, they're practically a White Glove Society Tea Party compared to what they could be.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daragon wrote: »
    Like BrassRazoo said, now normally I'm quite passive and easy going about bugs etc. in game but tonight I kinda had enough.
    I like pvp but at the moment its virtually impossible to play, first and foremost is the insanely stupid lag when you have anything more than a few (4-5) on each side. But only and I mean ONLY, if there are no other big fights nearby because if there is another big fight say at Arrius and you're at chalman (1 keep away for those that dont know) you get lag.
    Secondly and possibly as annoying but kinda sets the scene for when you do pvp, is the unbelievably stupid long queue times to actually get in at all. One of the guilds I'm in is mostly pvp focused but when the guys have to wait 2+ hours just to get in at antime from 4pm-10pm UK time, most give up. Then of course when you do get in you lag...

Now all of that I could handle, I can also handle the bugs, the broken mechanics, the bad group finder, the nerfs, buffs, nerfs, etc. cycle. because that is normal mmo's. However when you cant pvp then you should be able to pve. Except now you get shockingly bad lag in 4 man dungeons as well. Tonight as an example, doing the CoH pledge. I was with a pug and for once a decent one. Good tank, good dps, good healer. Yay. We wanted to try get the achieve for CoH as some didn't have it yet. The first boss went down pretty quickly despite everyone complaining of some lag. Then we got to the 2nd last boss. Its not what I would call a majorly intensive fight for graphics or anything but we wiped 5 times purely because of lag as we couldn't see the circles she was putting down, she'd be standing doing nothing then suddenly we exploded, etc. At the last boss, Not ONE of my crushing shocks was actually visible to me, not one, when I ran in to hit with Unstable flame or any closer ranged attack where I thought he was obviously wasnt where he actually was as I was out of range of my melee skills range.

So yes we managed to complete it and get the gold key but it sucked any enjoyment any of us had at doing the dungeon right out of it. We all would have still enjoyed doing it if we'd tried and failed because someone screwed up or we just wiped for making a mistake etc. But wiping that many times through no fault of our own and especially due to lag is just plain wrong.

Add that to the fact that me and some guildies couldn't even complete Darkshade the other day when it was the pledge due to insane lag on the final boss has really annoyed me.

Now I agree that we shouldn't spew hate on the forums and I really dont like the insults especially when they get personal but at the moment I can really understand why sometimes people get very very angry at ZOS. Because they have been paying for the game since launch and the lag in cyro and now the lag in end game content is making the game (whose franchise that often they love) unplayable.

Normally after a year or so from release date MMO's are more stable and better than they were at release. ESO, may in theory be a better game but it is even less stable and more laggy than it was a year ago and that is why people are so angry, frustrated and annoyed and often lose it on the forums.

Sorry for the wall of text but I am definitely one of those angry, frustrated and annoyed people, hopefully ZOS gets this sorted sooner rather than later or I for one wont be posting any more (or playing).

Basically this.
    If they put half as much effort into the lag as they do to the eye candy I don't think there would have been such animosity.
    But this is the reality.
    Eye candy getting better and better with zos rightfully bragging at how cool it all is.
    While the gameplay performance and lag gets more and more diabolical by the day.

Perhaps in 12 months we wil have awesome looking still frame when we log in....oh...wait...

Its frustration at ZOS priorities I think. Start decorating rooms when half the house is burning down.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 1, 2015 11:24AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • whvice
    whvice
    ✭✭✭
    the most toxic kind of players are the ones that criticize other people for complaining about stuffs based on facts, real causes and legit reasons

you are the reason why this game couldn't live up its potential and went on to drop the subscription model 1 year after release.

the ignorant are always happy, of course.
    New troll here
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big part of this is simpyl issues with ZOS. They have essentially lied (or at least only told half-truths) several times, made promises they clearly could not make, made a launcher that is worse then launcher for games from 10 years ago (which causes serious issues, there are A LOT of us who have literally been unable to play the game since the latest patch), and several other problems.

Mind you, a big problem as well is the hype that this game had before launch. It was hyped to infinity and back when it clearly would never live up to that hype, no game could.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, my best advice would be to seek help in-game via zone chat.

As you've discovered, the forums are an absolutely toxic hotbed of people who will, rather than give you advice, respond to any question you ask with a diatribe about the complaint du jour. It's only gotten worse since the payment model change, as people now don't need to be subscribed to post here.
    ----
    Murray?
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    Mind you, a big problem as well is the hype that this game had before launch. It was hyped to infinity and back when it clearly would never live up to that hype, no game could.
    And as usual many players were part of the problem with their baseless wild expectations no one could meet but were still believed by those dreaming them up.

ZOS certainly severely over-played their hand in the "massive PVP battles" stakes, to highlight just one of the many 'promises' which haven't been fulfilled and likely many never will be, but players were more than able of making up their own expectations which were always going to end in bitter disappointment.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 1, 2015 12:12PM
  • Naor_Sarethi
    Naor_Sarethi
    ✭✭✭
    People pay good money for empty promises and a game that isn't finished whatsoever. There are problems on all sides. Why the hate? Well read the forum maybe. There are so many issues that aren't being fixed or even addressed at all.
    If you love the franchise then it's beyond my comprehension how this game could possibly be enjoyable.
    It has nothing of the original series except a poor imitation, kind of like a broken car with a famours logo and expensive accessories. Doesn't change the fact that the car is still pretty much useless.
    It starts with outdated tools, to beyond shallow design choices to unprofessional presentations to an apathetic team that is completely oblivious to the core issues the game has.
    And to put a hefty pricetag on a game in it's current state adds insult to injury.
    They might've gotten away with "Early Access" on Steam, but it appears they are too full of themselves for that bit of honesty.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that there is a lot of anger on these forums for several reasons. I am not saying that it justifies rude behavior or toxicity, just that there are reasons.

1) Bugs that have been in the game for seemingly much longer than they should have been, or have been "fixed" several times. For examples: Shadow cloak, the No-Leader bug, Templar's charge global cooldown, etc. For a while this included a decent amount of class imbalances that were largely fixed with 1.6.

2) Lack of a feeling of two-way communication. While the devs do put out communications every once in a while, it doesn't feel like a give-and-take relationship, but more of a one-way street in communications. When big changes come, we tend to find out either through Reddit, or the German forums, or some other method besides their official forums. This makes it seem like communications from us only go one way, and don't come back. There needs to be a much better method of communicating with players that makes us feel like out input is being heard.

3) A misunderstanding by the players when changes finally do come about. If there are 40 threads yelling and screaming about Sorc buffs, and one thread that calmly, reasonably lays out why Sorcs need a buff, the Devs might listen to that one thread. But the players on the forums have seen the 40 threads yelling and screaming, and so think that that is why changes have occurred. So they think that this is how they should go about it when they want changes. Going back to communication thing, if the Devs posted in the reasonable threads more, this might help change player perceptions.

4) A lack of new content. Over the first year of the game, we have gotten Craglorn as new content, along with a few new vet-level dungeons. And now we are told that there won't be any other new content for several more months. This leads to no discussions about new content or areas, and therefore discussions tend to be more about what we already have, and the issues people are having with it. New content leads to more conversations about the new content instead of existing issues. It doesn't mean that bugs and such don't exist, but just that conversation is mainly steered away from them.
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »
    And as usual many players were part of the problem with their baseless wild expectations no one could meet but were still believed by those dreaming them up.

ZOS certainly severely over-played their hand in the "massive PVP battles" stakes, to highlight just one of the many 'promises' which haven't been fulfilled and likely many never will be, but players were more than able of making up their own expectations which were always going to end in bitter disappointment.

Another reason may be the "experiences" with ES games. Most of them are great, even if they have bugs. Morrowind was great, Oblivion was great, Skyrim was great.

Now there is this Elder Scrolls Online game - what is it supposed to be? I would imagine it would be great, because all of its predecessors were great - but that's where the issue starts.

1. ESO wasn't developed by Bethesda (who made the other ES games), it was developed by a new studio called Zenimax Online Studios - that's maybe the biggest issue for ESO being less ES than it should be.

2. ZOS did not watch the market for MMORPGs carefully. They made all of the huge mistakes that must have been avoided - starting as a P2P, totally neglecting endgame content, promising too much stuff and many more.

3. Their focus was too much on things like audiovisuals (they are great) and things like gameplay have been neglected - ESOs gameplay is dated and feels like it's been a 2000s MMORPG and not one released in 2014.

4. ZOS miscalculated ESOs success and / or their budget. It's obvious that ESO was more failure than success and that may be due to it's incredible budget, spending too much money on 3) audiovisuals while forgetting things like gameplay, performance and servers.

If you sum that up you have ESO. It's not a bad game but it isn't a good one either. It's just average, another mediocre MMORPG that misuses the ES IP.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+1
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • aedra
    aedra
    ✭✭✭

True and all, but ESO has really faced more negative backlash then I've ever seen for any recent MMORPG. ESO is a clash of expectations. Elder Scrolls is about an immersive single player experience with the freedom to do what you want and go where you want. That's why its so popular. A typical MMORPG follows a rather rigid and predetermined leveling route and ideally encouraging you to interact with others. ESO is a mixed bag of these two, but often plays more like a single player game and fell short in many ways as an MMORPG. I enjoy it for what it is, it is faithful to ES in most ways and being a diehard ES fan I can't help but enjoy it, but I can see why so many are disgruntled by it. Now that its F2P and many of the issues are being worked on I can see it slowly becoming more popular at least.
    Edited by aedra on April 1, 2015 1:20PM
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so let me get this straight...because you don't have a personal issue with the game that means you are right and the opinion of others is wrong? Sorry, but you have been gone a while. Maybe you will catch up to the rest of us eventually. I was like you for a long time and defended much about this game but they have shown time and again to be deserving of much criticism. The false information and broken promises. The lack of new content. The shady XP manuevers. I'm sure once the honeymoon period is over you will figure it out.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    This thread is being locked per the forum rules on bashing and rude behavior. As covered here, one of the goals of the official ESO forums is to provide a safe, welcoming place for our players and developers to read and talk about the game. Accusing some players of toxic, or suggesting their opinions shouldn't carry weight, is unhelpful and a violation of the rules.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.