The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rise of the Wreaking BLOW spammers

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed it mainly cause everyone was spamming crushing shock make the ability worthless, plus without cc it can be a pain to land.

I mean if they lowered the damage and made it instant cast it might be interesting, sort of like a two handed version of surprise attack, honestly though if they gave me a stamina version of whip I would use that instead..
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    TheBucket wrote: »
    The worse are the DKs that talon spam and WB spam. Its a death sentence. Dodge roll? Sure... Untill the next DK does the same thing. You better hope there isnt a NB waiting to hit you as well with it lol.

Wb Talons Petrified good luck getting out of the way or blocking. .

decent stam build DK won't use magicka-cost talons....

....not when we can easily spam another WB right after.

the risk of people rolling vs using precious magicka that are needed for your oh-sh*t skills like igneous Armor or Green Dragon Blood, is clear.

and yes, just like others have mentioned. WB is super easy to spot (we look like we're playing baseball) and avoid. Even blocking will reduced the damage a LOT, so if you don't get a chance to roll, just hold block. Survive a blow, and (now that you're NOT stunned, you can calmly) decide what to do next. like, spam crystal fragment a billion times or something :tongue:

the most success i had with WB is when people don't realize i'm standing behind them. the damage THEN would be outrageous and thanks to surprised panic, people forgot to roll/block the next incoming WB.

most times i tried to spam WB, people run around me or through me. sometimes, good players properly roll. and if they survive the first hit, i'm dead 9 out of 10 times since most WB build is focused on WB alone. (ie. the effectiveness of other skills slotted depends on that first hit. miss that one, and you'll lose the synergy and be vulnerable as hell) so people usually hit me, knocked me out, bashed me, electrocuted me, snared me, etc....

just my 2c.
    Edited by Davadin on March 29, 2015 2:19AM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    Stop crying and learn to deal with it, dodge rolling isnt op its just a playstyle just as shield stacking is, wrecking blow is insanely easy to dodge just run through the guy casting it and it will get canceled, however i think that vigor should be a nightblade spell instead of alliance war :)
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
    Options
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    People, pay attention, this is a ~ one second timed skill. If you are hit 5 WB (read from first page) for insta kill, then that person is exploiting speed hack. They went from Lethal Arrow (still done though) to this. I have always been 2h, and the other night I got SO pissed because a SORC would take damage from my WB (course thats another exploit). If I was 'spamming' dood shoulda died no matter what. I was weaving, and it was wrong he lived through 10 WB.

Bottom line:

1. Stop blaming WB skill, its not the issue.
    2. Start reporting these exploiters - and ZOS do something about them they have been around for months.
    3. Realize an NB buffing everything up and then doing any skill is likely to kill you, not just with this, but whatever.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
    Options
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and btw.... talk about OP, dont have the screenshot at work, but multiple Light attack spammed by sorc for 13k each? That is spammable and no resource cost.
    Edited by The_Death_Princess on March 29, 2015 2:30AM
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I shouldn't have left my troll post about the 5 wb death recap. I was not being serious in that post. However it is true that in my unique play style it does happen more often then I would like.

This is only because I play support Templar where I'm spending resources keeping buffs purges and heals to my team and end up with multiple players focusing me quickly.

As I said in my second post though I don't believe there is any problem here that is exclusive to wb. They put in a new system and as it stands some abilities scale too quickly and we end up with super hard hits and burst to the point where 100% of someone's health in 3 seconds is easily possible.

In light armor, as a Templar, mobility can often be too big of an isssue to expect to survive a player on you with wb. As it stands I feel my only option is to incorporate immovable pots every time I have a player on me with a 2h now
    Options
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am a wrecking blow spammer. and i can tell u its utterly useless against a player who knows how to simply, walk at you/behind you. u spend half the battle channeling an ability that never finished. seriously its a matter of l2p 100% here.
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

Options
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and btw.... talk about OP, dont have the screenshot at work, but multiple Light attack spammed by sorc for 13k each? That is spammable and no resource cost.

Yeah from range that hits through Cloak.

Tbh.. pvp has been a blast with all this crap lately lol
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive had ppl run three feet to the right or left of me and it stops revving up..get a clue folks.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Yea wrecking blow dmg is OP. And what sypher said, now this might be due to lagg whatever, but sometimes the range seems quite abit more then 5 meters.

Fragment damage is OP, Overload is OP. WB is not even near OP as them.

You should hide in a cave and contemplate your existence.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Everybody switched to medium armor and WB because they broke light armor's viability in PvP, you CANNOT. Get up close and personal in PvP, in Light Armor, without getting your face shredded into pieces.

As for Wrecking Blow.... I miss with the damn thing all the time, WALK THROUGH YOUR OPPONENT, and they miss. Keep doing that and they can't spam it on you, I've tried making a caster DK, I've tried fixing my Sword/Board DK... It just ain't viable. LA is a death sentence in PvP.

As for the damage being to high, that's not just Wrecking Blow... The time to kill has been bent over and broken into submission it's so sad.. Even as a heavy armor tank you don't survive very long anymore. Besides, as @NoRefunds pointed out. It's a channeled ability leaving the caster wide open to any and all forms of CC, wrecking blow builds are more of a skirt around the edge of the zerg and pick off people than legitimate fight.

Yeah I did a triple dodge roll last (used a stam pot for the third one) with a bolt escape between each one around a keep last night should have been completely immune to any targeted ability. I look back and a DK 2 hander literally flew at me from 60+ yards away and Crit-charge wrecking blow 2 shots me (used all my stam on the dodge rolls assuming I couldn't be targeted).

The top end damage scaling of WB needs to be toned back some to prevent 20K + attacks but I'm fine with it being as powerful as it is otherwise.

What you are complaining about is actually a latency issue rather than a crit charge WB hitting you from 60+ yards. The player got off his attacks before you could escape but your client didnt register the attack until later. There is no way a critcal charge will work 60 yards away. Even if your ping was fine, his could have been crap and thats what would cause the latency

I'm aware it was a latency issue, but the crit charge gets bonus damage based on distance and man did it hurt. I was also pretty much dodge-rolled the entire time so he shouldn't have been able to hit me regardless...but laggy cyrodiil is laggy.

It has a maximum bonusDMG that gets applied at 20m - there won´t be a difference betwenn max normal range and a lagged supercritcharge.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    How do people not get bored of pressing 1 button over and over again. I mean even if 2 hand/stamina wasn't what it is right now the whole weapon line is just plain boring. There is no build up, you just spam 1 skill till they get down to 25% health, then switch to the other skill and spam it.

I couldn't take it, I lasted a week on my part time lowbie leveling before I had to go back DW. It's just mind numbingly boring.

WB has some weird range bug. Sometime during the wind up, but before the release the skill gets calculated as a hit, and just bypasses any distance or CC block after that point.

@Armitas I weave in Light/Heavy Attacks and Executioner, so I don't get bored. I get tired.
    Sypher wrote: »
    When I complain about abilities I usually like to point out the bugs that might be causing the ability to be over powered.

1. Wrecking blow range: I've been hit from 10 meters out by wrecking blow. If they begin winding and I create a large gap, I usually still get hit by it.

2. CC issues sometimes caused by wrecking blow leave you laying on the ground even after a cc break.

3. Wrecking blow breaks nightblades out of cloak.

The skill is definitely over powered in certain aspects and needs SOME tuning.

From what a guy in another thread posted Eric Wroebel said he added a stun to crit charge that ignores CC immunity so that Chargers could keep up with sorcs. Probably some effect of this change has screwed up responsiveness of other abilities in combat.

Seeing people fly at me from dozens of meters away with their 2 handers raised is just absurd and it looks ridiculous.

I've also been hit and 1-shotted from 10 meters away by WB after dodge rolling away. Just stupid stuff like this is making the combat system in this game very frustrating, especially when they make these stealth changes to the combat system without freaking telling anyone!

@Ezareth this is most definitely a bug unrelated to Wrecking Blow, just this morning at around 3am on Chillrend I was staring into the hole of Sejanus and a blue Sorcerer cast Crystal Shards on me from nearly 80m away, I tried to dodge it. It followed me...

Watching it chase me all that distance was funny, but stupid as all hell.. And it got me killed.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as people like to spam this skill or complain about it, I fail to see how it is objectively superior to Crystal Shards.
    • Both use the same damage coefficient so all things being equal, the damage will be the same. (note: all things will not be equal since sorcs have the cojenes to run around with 14k health and stack everything into magicka whereas a wrecking blow DK or Templar or NB will have considerably more health).
    • People are complaining about WB's range...8 meters, sometimes 10 with lag. Crystal shards is 28 in PvE 38 in Cyrodiil (more with the reach passive).
    • Wrecking blow can not be interrupted...but can never be insta-cast.
    • Wrecking blow spam makes the next wrecking blow hit for 20%. This is a DPS loss. It makes the next light attack hit for an extra 20%...big deal.
    • Insta-cast crystal shards does not modify the next attack, but modifies itself to do that 20% extra damage (as well as having a 50% cost reduction).

Now I'm sure some sorc will respond to me list trying to minimize CS saying it somehow isn't nearly as good as snipe or how they'd rather have wrecking blow and that's fine. But my point is these skills are *very* comparable in terms of effectiveness in a PvP environment. The biggest grief about WB coming from this thread is that it is not interruptible. Who cares...it *still* has a considerable cast time and still is a short range skill which means it is eminently avoidable...you aren't going to interrupt an insta-cast crystal shard and there isn't nearly the obvious visual que to tell you to get out of the way.

If WB had a morph that had a 35% proc by using any stamina ability to remove the cast time and cost half the stamina and do 20% of the damage and be able to be used at range, *every* WB user would take it.

I find these skills balanced with respect to each other.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 29, 2015 3:07PM
    Options
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    When I complain about abilities I usually like to point out the bugs that might be causing the ability to be over powered.

1. Wrecking blow range: I've been hit from 10 meters out by wrecking blow. If they begin winding and I create a large gap, I usually still get hit by it.

2. CC issues sometimes caused by wrecking blow leave you laying on the ground even after a cc break.

I'm glad other players noticed this too. It's not just wrecking blow though, I've been hit by concealed wep/surprise attacks in the same manner. Is this a bug or is it intended? I had my roll timing down pretty well, now it just seems better to block than risk getting hit during or after roll for full dmg. It just seems de-synched and buggy somehow.

Instead of getting more refined, the game feels more shoddy with time.

Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a problem that if someone wrecking blows me off my horse (I know, how the f*ck does this happen, but it happens more than you think lol), I can't do anything. My toon just stands there. And stands there, and stands there, and is basically a free kill. Why ):
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a problem that if someone wrecking blows me off my horse (I know, how the f*ck does this happen, but it happens more than you think lol), I can't do anything. My toon just stands there. And stands there, and stands there, and is basically a free kill. Why ):

I don't think this is just Wrecking Blow causing this. I had an issue last night where I got hit with Focused Aim, which knocked me off of my horse. I start spamming my keyboard to break free so I can cloak/dodgeroll/block and nothing happens. My toon goes through a falling animation and I just stand there, unable to move. I summed it up to lag/latency. My g/f streams in the evenings and that sometimes compounds the strain of the typical ZOS lagfest in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cthalion wrote: »

I'm glad other players noticed this too. It's not just wrecking blow though, I've been hit by concealed wep/surprise attacks in the same manner. Is this a bug or is it intended? I had my roll timing down pretty well, now it just seems better to block than risk getting hit during or after roll for full dmg. It just seems de-synched and buggy somehow.

The dodge chance from SA or CW is very small when rolling.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
    Options
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Cthalion wrote: »

The dodge chance from SA or CW is very small when rolling.

Yes, but I could roll away before 2.0. Now, I often get hit at a 10 meter range after rolling.... sometimes even 2-3 times. It just feels glitchy and odd. DK flame whip is behaving like this too - I roll away and still get hit by 2-3 flame whips at a longer range than the ability has.

I'm not really sure what is causing this. Is it intended, or just some buggy side effect?

I know other players have noticed this too, have had some discussions about it.

Anyone have any insight/comments about this?
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
    Options
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm gonna thank the players that are so "proud" of their builds (and no, his build is not special and this is coming from a stamina user since beta that pvped to rank 33 with stamina build) to actually post this:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161628/wrecking-o-matic-volume-9-stamina-dk-video#latest

QED

Don't know what QED means google it...you dont understand why I am saying that look at the clip.

1 sec ..2 wb...a stam user that can dodge like forever and still cannot escape the Wrecking blowS coming at him continuously...cuz hell he is truly spamming that. Heavy,light, medium,shielded same ending..death after max 3 WB

But hey...L2P, right?

Options
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭

Panda244 wrote: »
    Everybody switched to medium armor and WB because they broke light armor's viability in PvP, you CANNOT. Get up close and personal in PvP, in Light Armor, without getting your face shredded into pieces.

As for Wrecking Blow.... I miss with the damn thing all the time, WALK THROUGH YOUR OPPONENT, and they miss. Keep doing that and they can't spam it on you, I've tried making a caster DK, I've tried fixing my Sword/Board DK... It just ain't viable. LA is a death sentence in PvP.

As for the damage being to high, that's not just Wrecking Blow... The time to kill has been bent over and broken into submission it's so sad.. Even as a heavy armor tank you don't survive very long anymore. Besides, as @NoRefunds pointed out. It's a channeled ability leaving the caster wide open to any and all forms of CC, wrecking blow builds are more of a skirt around the edge of the zerg and pick off people than legitimate fight.

Yeah I did a triple dodge roll last (used a stam pot for the third one) with a bolt escape between each one around a keep last night should have been completely immune to any targeted ability. I look back and a DK 2 hander literally flew at me from 60+ yards away and Crit-charge wrecking blow 2 shots me (used all my stam on the dodge rolls assuming I couldn't be targeted).

The top end damage scaling of WB needs to be toned back some to prevent 20K + attacks but I'm fine with it being as powerful as it is otherwise.

What you are complaining about is actually a latency issue rather than a crit charge WB hitting you from 60+ yards. The player got off his attacks before you could escape but your client didnt register the attack until later. There is no way a critcal charge will work 60 yards away. Even if your ping was fine, his could have been crap and thats what would cause the latency

try cloak... same issue all the time
    Options
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrecking blow spam only "works" if the target gets stun-locked from being hit with multiple CCs... wrecking blow itself is not the problem, a poorly functioning CC system is the problem
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    wrecking blow spam only "works" if the target gets stun-locked from being hit with multiple CCs... wrecking blow itself is not the problem, a poorly functioning CC system is the problem

I can agree with this. We need better all around CC immunity even for hard CC, let alone that pretending soft CC is not needed to recourse when you are being teed up.
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

i agree with this post and would like to extend im personally happy with the change *i dont use the skill* BUT if the damage is this high and its uninturuptable then the cast time should be raised to its former cast time giving people atleast a chance to get away and ( assuming the bugs get ironed out also) or leave the cast time low as it is and lower the damage and dont the skill buff its own damage on the next attack

NO.

IT DOES NOT NEED THAT LONG AS HECK CAST TIME AGAIN. then it will be way to easy to dodge.

Hmm lets see. its CC, it does awesome damage, has cast time. Lets make 2 handed passive: 35% chance, that next cast is instant, and cost 50% less stamina. I think it would be fair. Drawback: its close ranged not as.... you know what does same dmg, but magicka based...
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Vis wrote: »
    No real issue with WB. I just want a few minor fixes that have caused some problems. Two such fixes would be:

-WB sometimes hits and cc's mid-roll

-WB sometimes hits and cc's after I have bolted or rolled out of range (this delay is rather annoying)

Both are network lag issue.

If ZOS can fix this, both your issues will get fixed, as well as a plethora of others.

I got 2 WB in a row. one put me in air, second hit me in air right after first :D:D:D was funny. Just like when all attack hit you while roll. Or when suddenly 3 snipe hits you. or 6 crushing shock. etc... Zenimax Power.
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Ashanne wrote: »
    The ability is so easy to dodge... just roll, streak or block it... If the a ility lands it should do a ton of damage but there is a 1 sec cast time for you to react.

are you even reading the thread? it costs you 1900 stam to push that button and it cost the roll dodgder 2700 at least (not full medium build) so how many times can I roll dodge (while I cannot damage you)

so please tell me how to avoid you cheap wrecking spam with a extremly expensive defence ...according to you the second option is to streak...arent you a smart one ...now all of us have a sorc

walk thru the WB spammer.

I am serious, the ability will not activate if you do this. works every single time, is easy to do, can be done in 0.5 seconds, and costs you no stamina or magicka.

sometimes when you do this, happens nothing. you see even longer WB animation i could swear. its funny too :D wont hit you.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No real issue with WB. I just want a few minor fixes that have caused some problems. Two such fixes would be:

-WB sometimes hits and cc's after I have bolted or rolled out of range (this delay is rather annoying)

If ZOS can fix this, both your issues will get fixed, as well as a plethora of others.

I got 2 WB in a row. one put me in air, second hit me in air right after first :D:D:D was funny. Just like when all attack hit you while roll. Or when suddenly 3 snipe hits you. or 6 crushing shock. etc... Zenimax Power.

I've been wondering if I was just seeing things but is there something up with not getting CC immunity to where you can be batted around like a ping pong ball?
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've been wondering if I was just seeing things but is there something up with not getting CC immunity to where you can be batted around like a ping pong ball?

Evidently Eric Wroebel put in some change to two-handers to give them CC immune resistant stuns "so they could catch bolting sorcs". God knows how many bugs that change introduced but I wouldn't be surprised to see a good half dozen or so from this.

Stealth-changes with no communication FTL.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evidently Eric Wroebel put in some change to two-handers to give them CC immune resistant stuns "so they could catch bolting sorcs". God knows how many bugs that change introduced but I wouldn't be surprised to see a good half dozen or so from this.

/shakemyhead

I'm on sorcs sidees from now on against nerfs. Every time they try to hit sorcs with something, my Templar gets whacked harder. I don't have an escape and look what they did to my poor Blazing Shield!
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shakemyhead

I'm on sorcs sidees from now on against nerfs. Every time they try to hit sorcs with something, my Templar gets whacked harder. I don't have an escape and look what they did to my poor Blazing Shield!

You're siding w/ the guys that got you nerfed? <.<

We'll see how that works out, I guess. : P
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

/shakemyhead

You're siding w/ the guys that got you nerfed? <.<

We'll see how that works out, I guess. : P

Sorcs didn't do it. It was some individuals not knowing exactly what shields they were having issues with so they just complained about shields in general. Bam! 15% nerf across the board even if your shield was fine. Just so happened that blazing shield was already getting a nerf at the same time to magicka cost so it was a double whammy.
    Options