The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rise of the Wreaking BLOW spammers

Ashanne
Ashanne
✭✭✭✭
Rage all you want and defend all you want but WB its breaking any logic in this game

TES has channeling skills and instant cast skills.

All channeled skills are the ones that do the biggest damage(/heals)( and also some buffs/debuffs/stuns/knock backs) because they imply a risk. eg: snipe/dark flare/crystal shards/RD/healing ritual (does more healing than BOL) .I say risk because you are vulnerable (and I really mean close to death vulnerable as anything can kill u in pvp in less than 2 sec these days). Every skill enumerated above do more than 8k (non critical ) damage.

And there is Wreaking BLOW (WB) a channeled skill with at least 8k damage which has no risk in using it. And 90% of the players are using it because high dps with no risk. Look around you to all the players you've seen in PVP and how many "inexplicably" switched to 2h and WB ( and med armor)..all those impulse spammers/batswarmers and so on.. who hasn't switched yet will do so soon.. because trying to avoid an uninterruptable spammable skill in this stamina crisis its only available to one class (sorcs and... nbs?? maybe)

Why was such a skill pushed live? why this high dps/knock back skill cannot be interrupted while others can ?
Why can't I have my dark flare uninterruptable?

Buffing this way a skill does not bring diversity to builds it creates a FOTM

Spare me the L2p and roll dodge comments (not every one can roll dodge as many time as you can spam WB- same applies to block) and even with roll dodging from a higher ground and landing you still take a nice 12k damage WB

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you guys take a look at this skill and at least tune the damage a little. The fact that 90% of PVPers and PVErs are using it should make you wonder why
Edited by Ashanne on March 28, 2015 9:34AM
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    Ashanne wrote: »
    Rage all you want and defend all you want but WB its breaking any logic in this game

TES has channeling skills and instant cast skills.

All channeled skills are the ones that do the biggest damage(/heals)( and also some buffs/debuffs/stuns/knock backs) because they imply a risk. eg: snipe/dark flare/crystal shards/RD/healing ritual (does more healing than BOL) .I say risk because you are vulnerable (and I really mean close to death vulnerable as anything can kill u in pvp in less than 2 sec these days). Every skill enumerated above do more than 8k (non critical ) damage.

And there is Wreaking BLOW (WB) a channeled skill with at least 8k damage which has no risk in using it. And 90% of the players are using it because high dps with no risk. Look around you to all the players you've seen in PVP and how many "inexplicably" switched to 2h and WB ( and med armor)..all those impulse spammers/batswarmers and so on.. who hasn't switched yet will do so soon.. because trying to avoid an uninterruptable spammable skill in this stamina crisis its only available to one class (sorcs and... nbs?? maybe)

Why was such a skill pushed live? why this high dps/knock back skill cannot be interrupted while others can ?
    Why can't I have my dark flare uninterruptable?

Buffing this way a skill does not bring diversity to builds it creates a FOTM

Spare me the L2p and roll dodge comments (not every one can roll dodge as many time as you can spam WB- same applies to block) and even with roll dodging from a higher ground and landing you still take a nice 12k damage WB

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you guys take a look at this skill and at least tune the damage a little. The fact that 90% of PVPers and PVErs are using it should make you wonder why

Ya lol i got killed by a v1 one off my horse and all that was on the death recap was 5 WB's lol I just lauphed. Skills like this make the game a one button spamfest that makes everyone think they are good players
  • NoRefunds
    NoRefunds
    ✭✭✭
    the difference between dark flare and wrecking blow is that you can use dark flare from 36 meters away....while you charge wrecking blow you can be stunned or killed, and the targhet can simply move out of its range, the skill is really hard to land, i agree that the damage is a bit too high, combined with the stun+knockback its easy to use it 2 times in a raw to 2shot people, the damage should be reduced by a 10% imo
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    NoRefunds wrote: »
    the difference between dark flare and wrecking blow is that you can use dark flare from 36 meters away....while you charge wrecking blow you can be stunned or killed, and the targhet can simply move out of its range, the skill is really hard to land, i agree that the damage is a bit too high, combined with the stun+knockback its easy to use it 2 times in a raw to 2shot people, the damage should be reduced by a 10% imo

I agree. Give the skill diminishing returns. Making it nonviable to spam
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody switched to medium armor and WB because they broke light armor's viability in PvP, you CANNOT. Get up close and personal in PvP, in Light Armor, without getting your face shredded into pieces.

As for Wrecking Blow.... I miss with the damn thing all the time, WALK THROUGH YOUR OPPONENT, and they miss. Keep doing that and they can't spam it on you, I've tried making a caster DK, I've tried fixing my Sword/Board DK... It just ain't viable. LA is a death sentence in PvP.

As for the damage being to high, that's not just Wrecking Blow... The time to kill has been bent over and broken into submission it's so sad.. Even as a heavy armor tank you don't survive very long anymore. Besides, as @NoRefunds pointed out. It's a channeled ability leaving the caster wide open to any and all forms of CC, wrecking blow builds are more of a skirt around the edge of the zerg and pick off people than legitimate fight.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Everybody switched to medium armor and WB because they broke light armor's viability in PvP, you CANNOT. Get up close and personal in PvP, in Light Armor, without getting your face shredded into pieces.

As for Wrecking Blow.... I miss with the damn thing all the time, WALK THROUGH YOUR OPPONENT, and they miss. Keep doing that and they can't spam it on you, I've tried making a caster DK, I've tried fixing my Sword/Board DK... It just ain't viable. LA is a death sentence in PvP.

As for the damage being to high, that's not just Wrecking Blow... The time to kill has been bent over and broken into submission it's so sad.. Even as a heavy armor tank you don't survive very long anymore. Besides, as @NoRefunds pointed out. It's a channeled ability leaving the caster wide open to any and all forms of CC, wrecking blow builds are more of a skirt around the edge of the zerg and pick off people than legitimate fight.

Yeah I did a triple dodge roll last (used a stam pot for the third one) with a bolt escape between each one around a keep last night should have been completely immune to any targeted ability. I look back and a DK 2 hander literally flew at me from 60+ yards away and Crit-charge wrecking blow 2 shots me (used all my stam on the dodge rolls assuming I couldn't be targeted).

The top end damage scaling of WB needs to be toned back some to prevent 20K + attacks but I'm fine with it being as powerful as it is otherwise.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    After u stun him he will break free and start spaming again and in 5 sec imunity he will land another 3 wb...hell he wont even need 3 to get the kill. ...and i cant spam any high dps on him at this time cuz i wont have the time. A dark flare takes 1.7 secs..they say at least
    2 wb and ur dead
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does petrify or fear not respect the CC immunity timer. Seems to me like when I run into a WB spammer; its offten accompanied with talons, fear or petrify and any and all combinations that can be made of that.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt matter if it does while u have imunity u can only hold block otherwise u goona get another 12k damage...and then the imunity goes away and u are out of stam and knocked back and dead...
    I have 30 cps in thumbling and 2 rings of reduce heavy and medium on me and 15 k of stam..i cannot escape the wb spam
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt matter if it does while u have imunity u can only hold block otherwise u goona get another 12k damage...and then the imunity goes away and u are out of stam and knocked back and dead...
    I have 30 cps in thumbling and 2 rings of reduce heavy and medium on me and 15 k of stam..i cannot escape the wb spam

Ahh thats right! Why are more people not talking about that? Able to keep getting spammed out of control of your character, unable to block it while getting pummeled.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Ahh thats right! Why are more people not talking about that? Able to keep getting spammed out of control of your character, unable to block it while getting pummeled.

Why would anyone complain about a skill they are using? 90% of players is using that skill
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Why would anyone complain about a skill they are using? 90% of players is using that skill

Erm; this is a thread complaining about WB.....
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "new" problem is not about Wrecking Blow or the skills mentioned before.
    What is more "illogical" is that the Dual Wield AE actually does more damage than any "magic AE" (if we do not count DoT). Given that the DoT-component is a major problem when spamming any magic AE skill, Dual Wield is pure spammability for high unblockable AE damage.
    Put that together with the PvP-heavy armor-set, which gives u 600 (!!) more weapon dmg, you reach new damage levels, never seen for any magicka-build.
    They completely messed up the "stamina DD/sorcerer" aspect. They could have "reacted" when people where complaining about snipe damage back to August 2014. What came: was just a 5% dmg nurf... loooool

Generally, stamina/melee-builds in this game have been favored since August 2014. The Devs simply do not understand that stamina also has (partly had) the best DDs, no matter if on distance or not. So, you literally can play best-ranged (++ mobility and many other goodies dependend on armor) and -melee in one class. Skillfull players profit by a large margin of the state of the game..
    So, all the whining that Light Armor being OP actually came from people who seem not to have played Bow/2h/etc. eccesively..
    Edited by Francescolg on March 27, 2015 11:50PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do people not get bored of pressing 1 button over and over again. I mean even if 2 hand/stamina wasn't what it is right now the whole weapon line is just plain boring. There is no build up, you just spam 1 skill till they get down to 25% health, then switch to the other skill and spam it.

I couldn't take it, I lasted a week on my part time lowbie leveling before I had to go back DW. It's just mind numbingly boring.

WB has some weird range bug. Sometime during the wind up, but before the release the skill gets calculated as a hit, and just bypasses any distance or CC block after that point.

Edited by Armitas on March 27, 2015 7:48PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I have with WB is that it buffs itself. If you compare it to an ability like Dark Flair It doesn't buff itself. Meaning it's meant to be used with other abilities for max effect. If WB worked like that you'd have to spam 2 different abilities. WB than another ability to use the buff.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no reason to make it uninterruptable. I was playing a 2-H build before 1.6 and the skill was relatively balanced. Making it uninterruptable was just a mistake.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    WB damage need to nerf, together with all spell damage, and the whole sorcerer class. So simple.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I complain about abilities I usually like to point out the bugs that might be causing the ability to be over powered.

1. Wrecking blow range: I've been hit from 10 meters out by wrecking blow. If they begin winding and I create a large gap, I usually still get hit by it.

2. CC issues sometimes caused by wrecking blow leave you laying on the ground even after a cc break.

3. Wrecking blow breaks nightblades out of cloak.

The skill is definitely over powered in certain aspects and needs SOME tuning.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    When I complain about abilities I usually like to point out the bugs that might be causing the ability to be over powered.

1. Wrecking blow range: I've been hit from 10 meters out by wrecking blow. If they begin winding and I create a large gap, I usually still get hit by it.

2. CC issues sometimes caused by wrecking blow leave you laying on the ground even after a cc break.

3. Wrecking blow breaks nightblades out of cloak.

The skill is definitely over powered in certain aspects and needs SOME tuning.

From what a guy in another thread posted Eric Wroebel said he added a stun to crit charge that ignores CC immunity so that Chargers could keep up with sorcs. Probably some effect of this change has screwed up responsiveness of other abilities in combat.

Seeing people fly at me from dozens of meters away with their 2 handers raised is just absurd and it looks ridiculous.

I've also been hit and 1-shotted from 10 meters away by WB after dodge rolling away. Just stupid stuff like this is making the combat system in this game very frustrating, especially when they make these stealth changes to the combat system without freaking telling anyone!
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    My biggest issue with this skill is the fact that it is unable to be interrupted.

I don't understand what they were thinking in this reasoning - a skill that buffs itself and deals possibly the most damage out of any other ability in the game that is also uninterruptable.

This is a recipe for disaster in itself. There is a reason people talk about risk - reward ratios.

This is basically all reward and no risk.

Make it interruptable again and I will be happy with it being brokenly overpowered, because at least then if I get killed by it I can blame myself for missing the interrupt.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason for making it uninterruptable was because it was Melee Range..For example Rapid Strikes can't be interrupted from DW.

• Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill is fine considering you have to get in someones face to use it.

Think yourself lucky Ambush doesnt stun players anymore
    Edited by Dekkameron on March 28, 2015 1:02AM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should definately be bashable. If non interruptable then it shouldnt apply the CC or lower dmg. Right now it's ONLY good stuff you get as other has pointed out - it makes no sense. Or make my jesus beam uninterrubtable and apply a CC.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wear Light Armor: Wrecking Blow doesn't give a ***.
    Wear Medium Armor: Wrecking Blow doesn't give a ***.
    Wear Heavy Armor: Wrecking Blow doesn't give a ***.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll a sorcerer, all your problem solved. 19k health and 19k+shield, you wont feel WB power or snipe power or anything else, and spam 10k-15k fragment, bit less curse, and spam you holly überdmg mines. Streak to CC the WB spamer, its so obv that the attack will be WB its insane.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the only solution is to roll a sorc or become a WB spammer.
    For an unoptimized build (im lazy lately with my dk) a Wrecking blow cost 1900 stamina while any form a defense costs at least 2700 (for an optimized reduction cost build) so 16k damage for 1900 stam...you do the math

I understand that is risky to come to someones face/behind and engage in combat lately but its absurd to hit for 15700 damage( i took one yesterday of 15700 and 2 executioners i believe of 7k...i was dead before half of the animation of the knock back played)

• Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    But it's not risky to come close (8 meter is not close btw) with WB - cos you can 2 shot ppl while they have NO chance to fight back. So the risk is no there and it is a null point. Engage someone at range? That is risky cos they will discover you and start to fight back.. WB spammer I love you guys, but it really is over the top and imo ruining PVP as much as PBAE siege duel is.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea wrecking blow dmg is OP. And what sypher said, now this might be due to lagg whatever, but sometimes the range seems quite abit more then 5 meters.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have the same bugged death recap as you guys!!!!

Its like, half the time you get different abilities on the death recap, the other half all 5 show nothing but wrecking blow!

I dont understand why my half of my death recaps are nothing but 5 wrecking blows! Please fix this bug!

I mean, theres no way a player could simply press the same button 5 times without having to do anything else and kill people so easily, so ZoS help!
    Edited by FireCowCommando on March 28, 2015 2:45PM
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have the same bugged death recap as you guys!!!!

Its like, half the time you get different abilities on the death recap, the other half all 5 show nothing but wrecking blow!

I dont understand why my half of my death recaps are nothing but 5 wrecking blows! Please fix this bug!

I mean, theres no way a player could simply press the same button 5 times without having to do anything else and kill people so easily, so ZoS help!

l2p
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theability is so easy to dodge... just roll, streak or block it... If the a ility lands it should do a ton of damage but there is a 1 sec cast time for you to react.