The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rise of the Wreaking BLOW spammers

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im actually more concerned with all the Rise of the (insert something here) threads, OPs of these threads should try not to be copy cats of the first original ;)
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theability is so easy to dodge... just roll, streak or block it... If the a ility lands it should do a ton of damage but there is a 1 sec cast time for you to react.

its 0.8 sec or 800 ms
    with the common 150ms ping we are observing its down to 500ms to react even if we asume that thx to our years of time spend playing games our reaction is faster than that of the common people(500ms reaction time) their is not much time to react wich is even more borked if you have to rely on a ability to negate the dmg thx to the 0.8sec ability CD we have wich gets even worse if the ability is on your second bar.

wich in the end leaves you with exaclty one option to compensate rolling wich is for every magica char nearly impossible...
    Edited by Tankqull on March 28, 2015 3:27PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Philthyorc
    Philthyorc
    ✭✭✭
    Just undo the nerf to shields and then u got ahead and WB all day ; )

I'm just sayin, in PTS when shields were "so OP" Crit charge and WB would be able to eat through them, seems odd that you would nerf one and not the other ... just damn terrible.
    DC Sorc Dagoth Ur Face - Former Emperor of Chillrend, RIP
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    Melee skill is not a risk to players???? What are ranged attacks sneak mode and casters?? Melee players have a *** in the head saying hit me to all enemyes in field of view. We need big damage attacks because our exposure and dificult to aim closely moving targets.
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ability is so easy to dodge... just roll, streak or block it... If the a ility lands it should do a ton of damage but there is a 1 sec cast time for you to react.

are you even reading the thread? it costs you 1900 stam to push that button and it cost the roll dodgder 2700 at least (not full medium build) so how many times can I roll dodge (while I cannot damage you)

so please tell me how to avoid you cheap wrecking spam with a extremly expensive defence ...according to you the second option is to streak...arent you a smart one ...now all of us have a sorc
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just started leveling it up to try a different build . Damn
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No real issue with WB. I just want a few minor fixes that have caused some problems. Two such fixes would be:

-WB sometimes hits and cc's mid-roll

-WB sometimes hits and cc's after I have bolted or rolled out of range (this delay is rather annoying)
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Everybody switched to medium armor and WB because they broke light armor's viability in PvP, you CANNOT. Get up close and personal in PvP, in Light Armor, without getting your face shredded into pieces.

As for Wrecking Blow.... I miss with the damn thing all the time, WALK THROUGH YOUR OPPONENT, and they miss. Keep doing that and they can't spam it on you, I've tried making a caster DK, I've tried fixing my Sword/Board DK... It just ain't viable. LA is a death sentence in PvP.

As for the damage being to high, that's not just Wrecking Blow... The time to kill has been bent over and broken into submission it's so sad.. Even as a heavy armor tank you don't survive very long anymore. Besides, as @NoRefunds pointed out. It's a channeled ability leaving the caster wide open to any and all forms of CC, wrecking blow builds are more of a skirt around the edge of the zerg and pick off people than legitimate fight.

Yeah I did a triple dodge roll last (used a stam pot for the third one) with a bolt escape between each one around a keep last night should have been completely immune to any targeted ability. I look back and a DK 2 hander literally flew at me from 60+ yards away and Crit-charge wrecking blow 2 shots me (used all my stam on the dodge rolls assuming I couldn't be targeted).

The top end damage scaling of WB needs to be toned back some to prevent 20K + attacks but I'm fine with it being as powerful as it is otherwise.

What you are complaining about is actually a latency issue rather than a crit charge WB hitting you from 60+ yards. The player got off his attacks before you could escape but your client didnt register the attack until later. There is no way a critcal charge will work 60 yards away. Even if your ping was fine, his could have been crap and thats what would cause the latency
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    No real issue with WB. I just want a few minor fixes that have caused some problems. Two such fixes would be:

-WB sometimes hits and cc's after I have bolted or rolled out of range (this delay is rather annoying)

Agree, this making WB OP.
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look, a WB build is the hardest of the stam build to pull off atm. Snipe 2-4 times from range? Easy as pie all day long. But now you try to get of a WB on someone is a thing of luck unless they are standing still in which case they deserve it. It's actually so annoying that I take the easy route myself and just snipe people. Lotta respect for guys out there running a WB build.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    The only problem I have with WB is that it buffs itself. If you compare it to an ability like Dark Flair It doesn't buff itself. Meaning it's meant to be used with other abilities for max effect. If WB worked like that you'd have to spam 2 different abilities. WB than another ability to use the buff.

Is that still the case with Dark Flair? Its no longer in the tooltip.
  • keni_harringtonb16_ESO
    Sypher wrote: »
    When I complain about abilities I usually like to point out the bugs that might be causing the ability to be over powered.

1. Wrecking blow range: I've been hit from 10 meters out by wrecking blow. If they begin winding and I create a large gap, I usually still get hit by it.

2. CC issues sometimes caused by wrecking blow leave you laying on the ground even after a cc break.

3. Wrecking blow breaks nightblades out of cloak.

The skill is definitely over powered in certain aspects and needs SOME tuning.
    i agree with this post and would like to extend im personally happy with the change *i dont use the skill* BUT if the damage is this high and its uninturuptable then the cast time should be raised to its former cast time giving people atleast a chance to get away and ( assuming the bugs get ironed out also) or leave the cast time low as it is and lower the damage and dont the skill buff its own damage on the next attack
  • keni_harringtonb16_ESO
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    The skill is fine considering you have to get in someones face to use it.

Think yourself lucky Ambush doesnt stun players anymore

see im unsure bcuz if i was to get CC'ed by the ambush atleast then i know i wont get thrown in the air and bug out laying on the floor for a few seconds and have a slightly higher chance to get away tbh
  • keni_harringtonb16_ESO
    Theability is so easy to dodge... just roll, streak or block it... If the a ility lands it should do a ton of damage but there is a 1 sec cast time for you to react.

1 second is no where near enough time to react to that amount of damage even more so when its never just one player about hitting you and even harder when they are both WB and slightly different intervals but thats my opinon it does need a tone down on damage or the cast time raised or make it inturptable
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My post was sarcasm, the ability itself is completely fine, however it does need to be adjusted. The rate at which the damage scales currently is too high, it should not be able to pull 17-19K in one blow.

If you look at other abilities that pull those numbers, like a perfect crystal fragments, there are many other ways to counter crystal fragments then there are someone simply spamming wrecking blow
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I complain about abilities I usually like to point out the bugs that might be causing the ability to be over powered.

1. Wrecking blow range: I've been hit from 10 meters out by wrecking blow. If they begin winding and I create a large gap, I usually still get hit by it.

2. CC issues sometimes caused by wrecking blow leave you laying on the ground even after a cc break.

Yes, yes and yes. People just circle my mines and spam wrecking blow. The range and CC need a serious tweak.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also have the same bugged death recap as you guys!!!!

Its like, half the time you get different abilities on the death recap, the other half all 5 show nothing but wrecking blow!

I dont understand why my half of my death recaps are nothing but 5 wrecking blows! Please fix this bug!

I mean, theres no way a player could simply press the same button 5 times without having to do anything else and kill people so easily, so ZoS help!

roll a sorc. you can do better than WB spam. and if 5 wb hits you, you should not be afk. and if 5 wb did kill you, WTH health you got? you are awesome........ liars....

i have nothing other in my death recap, than 20 times crystal fragment with the average 13k damage.
    Edited by Kypho on March 28, 2015 10:50PM
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Yea wrecking blow dmg is OP. And what sypher said, now this might be due to lagg whatever, but sometimes the range seems quite abit more then 5 meters.

Fragment damage is OP, Overload is OP. WB is not even near OP as them.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    The worse are the DKs that talon spam and WB spam. Its a death sentence. Dodge roll? Sure... Untill the next DK does the same thing. You better hope there isnt a NB waiting to hit you as well with it lol.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    The worse are the DKs that talon spam and WB spam. Its a death sentence. Dodge roll? Sure... Untill the next DK does the same thing. You better hope there isnt a NB waiting to hit you as well with it lol.

Wb Talons Petrified good luck getting out of the way or blocking. .
    Edited by technohic on March 28, 2015 11:24PM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody switched to medium armor and WB because they broke light armor's viability in PvP, you CANNOT. Get up close and personal in PvP, in Light Armor, without getting your face shredded into pieces.

As for Wrecking Blow.... I miss with the damn thing all the time, WALK THROUGH YOUR OPPONENT, and they miss. Keep doing that and they can't spam it on you, I've tried making a caster DK, I've tried fixing my Sword/Board DK... It just ain't viable. LA is a death sentence in PvP.

As for the damage being to high, that's not just Wrecking Blow... The time to kill has been bent over and broken into submission it's so sad.. Even as a heavy armor tank you don't survive very long anymore. Besides, as @NoRefunds pointed out. It's a channeled ability leaving the caster wide open to any and all forms of CC, wrecking blow builds are more of a skirt around the edge of the zerg and pick off people than legitimate fight.

That's why all the top rated players in PvP many of which are in light armour stack shields. They very much can get up in your face without getting shredded.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no reason to make it uninterruptable. I was playing a 2-H build before 1.6 and the skill was relatively balanced. Making it uninterruptable was just a mistake.

I've played a dual 2h NB since just after launch, and I completely agree w/ this sentiment. They should have lowered its cast time or made it uninterruptable, but NOT both.

Damage-wise, it still feels just as powerful as it did during its longer cast days, and while I am very much enjoying the fact that what was once just a "pet project" (both NBs and 2handers were pretty much considered a joke when I made this character) finally has his time in the sun, but it is a bit unbalanced.

Believe me, I hate to admit that, but I try to remain objectively fair. : P

The ability could stand to lose its uninterruptable status, or if reluctant to go that route perhaps lower its damage slightly to compensate its newfound almost unavoidable state. Sure, you can get away from me for a while, but it's just a matter of time before I land it, and as a Redguard stamblade, I have more than enough resources to make that happen. And I'm just an average player.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no risk in using it..

how about the fact you have to be directly in front of a player to even use it? There is alot more risk involved with using WB than there is using snipe or force shock. You have to charge the enemy up front, meaning showing yourself to every enemy in the entire battle, in order to use it. and while it is a quick cast time, it is not instant, and can be roll dodged/blocked as long as you are paying attention.

if you are someone in LA who cant take hits or roll dodge, then use knock backs, snares, kite them. there are plenty of ways to fight WB.

Edited by Cody on March 29, 2015 12:51AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skafsgaard wrote: »
    But it's not risky to come close (8 meter is not close btw) with WB - cos you can 2 shot ppl while they have NO chance to fight back. So the risk is no there and it is a null point. Engage someone at range? That is risky cos they will discover you and start to fight back.. WB spammer I love you guys, but it really is over the top and imo ruining PVP as much as PBAE siege duel is.

You are really going to sit there and say it is more risky to spam snipe from 30 meters away than it is to use WB only 7 meters away in front of every enemy in sight, adding in all the knockbacks and snares?? so charging people up front and attempting to use WB is not as risky as sitting in the back spamming force shock or snipe, then sneaking away with a 30 meter head start when the enemies come toward you? heck if you are a sorc you can even bolt escape away with a 30 meter head start, if a NB you can cloak away, WITH a 30 meter head start. that wont happen if you charge people in melee range.

2 shot people? if the person is in all light armor or hits from stealth. Have you ever seen WB spammers in straight up fights? or tried it yourself? let me tell you, it is NOT as easy as you think it is at all. The enemy can literally WALK THRU YOU, and your WB will not even activate. Dang right you deserve to get hit if you just stand there and let it hit you.

If you are in LA, stack those endless damage shields. If MA, roll those endless dodge rolls. if HA, your armor should be more than enough to take hits from WBs.

Man you should have been here when uppercut had a... what was it... 3 second cast time? AND interruptable? I think it was maybe even a 4 or 5 second cast time? uppercut is now a useful ability, and everyone will just have to adapt to it.
    Edited by Cody on March 29, 2015 1:10AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    The ability is so easy to dodge... just roll, streak or block it... If the a ility lands it should do a ton of damage but there is a 1 sec cast time for you to react.

are you even reading the thread? it costs you 1900 stam to push that button and it cost the roll dodgder 2700 at least (not full medium build) so how many times can I roll dodge (while I cannot damage you)

so please tell me how to avoid you cheap wrecking spam with a extremly expensive defence ...according to you the second option is to streak...arent you a smart one ...now all of us have a sorc

walk thru the WB spammer.

I am serious, the ability will not activate if you do this. works every single time, is easy to do, can be done in 0.5 seconds, and costs you no stamina or magicka.
    Edited by Cody on March 29, 2015 1:16AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

now this much is fine. I too have noticed it hitting while I am roll dodging; that does need to be fixed.

The damage is fine. Melee players take a huge risk charging people up front thru all of the ranged crap in this game; they deserve to have super hard hitting abilities.
    Edited by Cody on March 29, 2015 1:18AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i agree with this post and would like to extend im personally happy with the change *i dont use the skill* BUT if the damage is this high and its uninturuptable then the cast time should be raised to its former cast time giving people atleast a chance to get away and ( assuming the bugs get ironed out also) or leave the cast time low as it is and lower the damage and dont the skill buff its own damage on the next attack

NO.

IT DOES NOT NEED THAT LONG AS HECK CAST TIME AGAIN. then it will be way to easy to dodge.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Yeah I did a triple dodge roll last (used a stam pot for the third one) with a bolt escape between each one around a keep last night should have been completely immune to any targeted ability. I look back and a DK 2 hander literally flew at me from 60+ yards away and Crit-charge wrecking blow 2 shots me (used all my stam on the dodge rolls assuming I couldn't be targeted).

The top end damage scaling of WB needs to be toned back some to prevent 20K + attacks but I'm fine with it being as powerful as it is otherwise.

What you are complaining about is actually a latency issue rather than a crit charge WB hitting you from 60+ yards. The player got off his attacks before you could escape but your client didnt register the attack until later. There is no way a critcal charge will work 60 yards away. Even if your ping was fine, his could have been crap and thats what would cause the latency

I'm aware it was a latency issue, but the crit charge gets bonus damage based on distance and man did it hurt. I was also pretty much dodge-rolled the entire time so he shouldn't have been able to hit me regardless...but laggy cyrodiil is laggy.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damage never been that great. i dont think it was ever buffed.

the only thing was, in 1.5, when 2H (finally) got its turn for a review, its cast time got reduced from 1.5sec to 0.8 (i think?).

i dont think anything else changed.

the only thing in 1.6 is, they took off soft cap. which, stacked appropriately, Wep Dmg gives you huge damage and Stam gives you a lot of ammo. However, this is true in Wrecking Blow *AND* any other physical skills. (such as Snipe)

am i wrong anywhere? please correct me.

SO... i dont think it was secretly buffed or anything, it's just people learning to use this skill and build around it.

People, learn how to play against it. It's easy to avoid, interrupt, cancel, or whatever.... really.
    Edited by Davadin on March 29, 2015 2:18AM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are network lag issue.

If ZOS can fix this, both your issues will get fixed, as well as a plethora of others.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber