The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rise of the Wreaking BLOW spammers

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    Rage all you want and defend all you want but WB its breaking any logic in this game

TES has channeling skills and instant cast skills.

All channeled skills are the ones that do the biggest damage(/heals)( and also some buffs/debuffs/stuns/knock backs) because they imply a risk. eg: snipe/dark flare/crystal shards/RD/healing ritual (does more healing than BOL) .I say risk because you are vulnerable (and I really mean close to death vulnerable as anything can kill u in pvp in less than 2 sec these days). Every skill enumerated above do more than 8k (non critical ) damage.

And there is Wreaking BLOW (WB) a channeled skill with at least 8k damage which has no risk in using it. And 90% of the players are using it because high dps with no risk. Look around you to all the players you've seen in PVP and how many "inexplicably" switched to 2h and WB ( and med armor)..all those impulse spammers/batswarmers and so on.. who hasn't switched yet will do so soon.. because trying to avoid an uninterruptable spammable skill in this stamina crisis its only available to one class (sorcs and... nbs?? maybe)

Why was such a skill pushed live? why this high dps/knock back skill cannot be interrupted while others can ?
    Why can't I have my dark flare uninterruptable?

Buffing this way a skill does not bring diversity to builds it creates a FOTM

Spare me the L2p and roll dodge comments (not every one can roll dodge as many time as you can spam WB- same applies to block) and even with roll dodging from a higher ground and landing you still take a nice 12k damage WB

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you guys take a look at this skill and at least tune the damage a little. The fact that 90% of PVPers and PVErs are using it should make you wonder why

Ya lol i got killed by a v1 one off my horse and all that was on the death recap was 5 WB's lol I just lauphed. Skills like this make the game a one button spamfest that makes everyone think they are good players

Yes some will consistently claim that they are "skilled" while using exploits. GOML? LEARN 2 PLAY? I guess that makes the meta everyone running with WB? Why have any other skills in the game? LOL!

• Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    If your blow wreaks, open the window...
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    wb spam still alive and kicking. was pvping in Ic for a solid hour. nice fights cool 1v1s. till i ran into another 1 of these fuckign derpheads. i honestly dont know how to counter them. specilaly with the dodge roll nerf I avoid as much as them as I can with dodges and magnum shot, mass hysteria. still goes straight through dark cloak btw. not fixed. they just spam spam spam it till it hits and you are knocked down without stam and die. death recap wb wb wb wb executioner.
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a byproduct of the overdone damage reduction
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭
    Angarato wrote: »
    wb spam still alive and kicking. was pvping in Ic for a solid hour. nice fights cool 1v1s. till i ran into another 1 of these fuckign derpheads. i honestly dont know how to counter them. specilaly with the dodge roll nerf I avoid as much as them as I can with dodges and magnum shot, mass hysteria. still goes straight through dark cloak btw. not fixed. they just spam spam spam it till it hits and you are knocked down without stam and die. death recap wb wb wb wb executioner.

go through him as he's channeling, it will cancel his wb, you're trying to get away from him, on the contrary, you should stay on him and follow his every move to cancel his wb spamming.
    No-one escapes the chains!

Afro Nînja - magicka nb (DC)
    Silvester Staline - magicka nb (DC)
    It's a trâp - stam dk tank (DC)
    Lord Vuiton - Argonian blazing shield templar (Dc)

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    thanks ill try that.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ced30 wrote: »
    Angarato wrote: »

go through him as he's channeling, it will cancel his wb, you're trying to get away from him, on the contrary, you should stay on him and follow his every move to cancel his wb spamming.

Similar tactic to countering Templar jabs spam. Run through, CC burst. Or Run through, block then attack.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dare you to skilled players using more then two attacks per bar and if you're on the ground I would just hit my burst till I can execute no having a War Horse and ZoS forever on your back when you get hit off your horse is a bad combo but you can fix one of those.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually block, but you know... blocking WB is kinda mainstream so why bother? (sarcasm) But really, just block? The tell sign for that ability is very, very clear.

:grin:
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this is the majority of my cause of deaths in pvp currently. it's one of the only non-class skills that can consistantly hit for 7-8k a swing even with this damage reduction.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    this is the majority of my cause of deaths in pvp currently. it's one of the only non-class skills that can consistently hit for 7-8k a swing even with this damage reduction.

Even 14k with the damage reduction, and you can charge heavies underneath the channel.
    Edited by Armitas on September 8, 2015 11:16AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me interrupt it with bash <.<
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking Blow..... nom nom nom

DK Scrub Out