The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crown Store Item Wish List

• Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see in Crown Store: RP costumes, decorative weapons or "costumes" for its, Lore-friendly mounts, off-hans items like books or maps, trophy style decorative items like skulls or fangs, books (yes, just a books for reading), joking titles... etc

Services: character transfer, renaming, changing appearance (this must be simple in game not in the Store)
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see more instruments that you can play with emotes and \ or new songs played on the existing ones!
  • Tiiria
    Tiiria
    Soul Shriven
    Mounts, vanity items, and even recipes all sound like good ideas. I'd be okay with making the crown shop mounts a little bit faster than in-game gold mounts too.

I really like the idea someone said about changing your lycanthrope form to be a werebear/werebat/were-anything-that's-lore-friendly.

On that subject, instant werewolf/vampire bite items would be good as well. Not like they can skip all the quests, just don't have to find someone willing to bite them or go find the world mobs. Either something that summons the vampires/werewolves to bite them or something like "vampire blood" where it's a potion they drink that just gives the sanguinar vampiris or hemophilia or whatever the initial status is called. And the werewolf one. Terms...

Anyway, one thing I think would be good is make it so that people can buy either account-bound or character-bound versions of the mounts (so they can use on multiple characters) and make everything in the shop tradeable between characters so that people can buy things as gifts or buy things to sell to others for gold, but then once it's used, it's bound.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Greycats wrote: »
    Would be great to have:

-experience halters
    So you and a few others have asked for this, and I'm a little confused. What's the purpose of an XP halter? Why would you want to forgo gaining XP?

I mean, if people want it I don't see any reason not to have it in the store, I just don't understand why people want it, so I'm curious...

I am one of those who asked for it - explained why in my post. I already hit "gray" on quests and mobs while leveling because I do *every* quest in a zone and always do the starter areas. That puts me three (sometimes more) levels above a zone by the time I finish it with the current XP gain.

Why do I care? You don't get any loot (other than leather) from the mobs you kill that are gray. No gold, no drops, nada. You can't blow the missing loot up for mats, you can't vendor it, even if you wouldn't use it.

If Bethesda (and now ZOS) want us to play the way we want, let us play all of a zone, do all of the content, but not end up getting ZERO loot by the time we are halfway through -- so I don't want more XP. I'd actually like to level more slowly.
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing but cosmetic , vanity items , and DLC should ever be in the crown store .

absolutely no RNG loot boxes .
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see lore-friendly holiday costumes/items in the store. The holidays haven't been celebrated (by NPCs) in TES games since Daggerfall, so most people are unaware of how many there, and how many coincide ( ;) ) with Earth holidays.

Besides that... You pretty much covered it with the Armored Knight Costume Bundle, so (if it ain't in there already) all low to medium level gear sets as costumes. Which begs for a "fashion" corner, where player-submitted armor mash-ups are featured as buyable costumes in the Crown Store. :) I know I like most of the breton styled gear, but what if I want to add a Redguard Helm to it for the plumed helmet look? :o

And I give a +1 to the Barbershop idea (aka Face Sculptor).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »
    Name / Race change.

Faction change ( after completion of Cadwell's Gold quest, natcherly ).

I originally would have objected to faction changes; it would concern me that it would lead to imbalance in one faction or another. However, I hadn't thought of this requirement for a Faction change, but I like it from a lore POV - you've experienced each, you have your soul back, so it makes really good sense from a lore perspective.

It also allows you to have a particular toon in the alliance with friends you've made in-game (since guilds are heavily cross-faction).
  • Areoth
    Areoth
    ✭✭
    I would like to see the following.

Name change
    Ability to change hair style and or appearance
    Armor for mounts (if only cosmetic)
    Dye for costumes

Normal pets. Like maybe a big dog that follows me around that I get to name and who wags his tail at me, or maybe a cat that is just pissed at having to follow me around.

Yeah I want a dog, preferably a German Sheppard, but I will settle for a big dumb lab, no poodles.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stickbow wrote: »
    Azzuria wrote: »
    Name / Race change.

Faction change ( after completion of Cadwell's Gold quest, natcherly ).

I originally would have objected to faction changes; it would concern me that it would lead to imbalance in one faction or another. However, I hadn't thought of this requirement for a Faction change, but I like it from a lore POV - you've experienced each, you have your soul back, so it makes really good sense from a lore perspective.

It also allows you to have a particular toon in the alliance with friends you've made in-game (since guilds are heavily cross-faction).
    Agreed. That would be a brilliant way for that to work, and would provide a good reward for Cadwell's in general. It would also provide more incentive to do both parts of Cadwell's if they change the requirements for Silver/Gold when they remove Vet Ranks. (btw, that's speculatory; no confirmation that it's changing, but since VRs are being flattened it would make sense)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    K. I'm OCD'ing over this thread, and finally managed to read all the way through - somehow missed several pages last night.

I am in the "cosmetic = good" "performance enhancing = bad" camp.

My last comment for the time being -- I like the rough coated Scottish Deerhound looking dogs in Skyrim, and would love one for a pet in ESO. Just don't make them bark incessantly like they do in Skyrim >:)
  • zward887_ESO
    zward887_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Try to keep PvP and PvE DLC separate so people know what they are getting into.

Then... as new PvE zones and packs open up new skill trees, allow just the skill tree to be purchased for a reduced price so that PvP players can still have access to all abilities while not having to purchase entire zones and questlines that they would otherwise have no interest in.

Also, I would start off with increasing the wayshrine gold cost about 4-5x its current rate. A great consumble/convenience item to sell in the store would be an x-day free wayshrine pass.

I would probably remove the mystic merchants as soon as possible, make sure you don't tell anyone before making the change as you'll just have current veterans stock up on empty soul gems. I would then reduce the drop rate of soul gems by about 80% or so. They drop too frequently in game to be worthwhile as a purchase but with a significantly reduced rate you should be able to spark some sales.

Also, the boxes you get from completing crafting writs? Oh yeah, 1, 5, and 10 packs of those could be hot ticket items if priced appropriately. Those surveys are quite nice to run, especially if you can get a nirncrux or two occasionally.

Edit/Addition: Take a look at Tera's dungeon timer system. A cash shop consumable that will reset and dungeon timer could work if priced appropriately.

Temporary Mount Speed boosts would work nicely as a convenience item.

Mercenary NPCs to allow solo(ish) and small groups to do large group content.

Anything to do with Housing for sure. Make the initial house you get free though, so you reduce the barrier to entry.

Any sort of cosmetic change, Barbershop, Race, Name, Gender, and Faction changes should all work nicely.

My biggest piece of feedback would be watch your pricing. I look at Tera's or Planetside 2's store and there is very little available for purchase that is less than $20-40. You want to try and make your money on 'micro' transactions. Not mounts that cost as much as the base freaking game!

That's all I've got for now.
    Edited by zward887_ESO on January 23, 2015 7:54PM
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A note on the Experience Halters.
    This brings to mind the Battle Levels option under Gameplay. Toggling it adjusts your stats while in Cyrodiil to have a more level playing field. This is now automatically turned to "ON" while in Cyrodiil, so it is a useless option. But what of applying Battle Levels to PvE zones? Toggling this option on will reduce/increase the player's stats to be competitive for the zone.

My primary reason for wanting this is because I do every quest in a zone and end up overlevelled. But the lack of loot is not what concerns me: it's the lack of challenge. By being overlevelled I overpower my foes and I have little opportunity to test my skills. I, personally, would prefer Battle Level to give stats resulting in similar difficulty to Veteran Zones at their launch state. I felt mortal back then.

But, this post is almost irrelevant to the topic. I post under the hopes of ZOS having a higher chance of seeing this. If someone wants to discuss this, please copy or paraphrase my post and make a thread out of it - no need to give me credit. But do tag my name if you want me to be part of it.

Now back on track.
    Experience Halters +1
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :So you and a few others have asked for this, and I'm a little confused. What's the purpose of an XP halter? Why would you want to forgo gaining XP?

I mean, if people want it I don't see any reason not to have it in the store, I just don't understand why people want it, so I'm curious...

To avoid out leveing content

Until 1.7, to Twink the non-vet campaign
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store: an in-game store where you can purchase customization and convenience items. The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts. When the Crown Store launches, we’ll have a number of items available immediately, but what about the future? Tell us what sorts of goods and services you would like to see offered in the Crown Store – you can be as general or specific as you’d like.

You can view some of the planned Crown Store items at the following link, beginning at 23:59 http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

We look forward to reading your ideas and feedback!

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ There are 2 pets that I have a request for which already happen to be present in-game as idle NPC's:

First screenshot is of "Honor" which is the chicken/reptile hybrid creature near Cadwell's Hovel in Coldharbour. Unfortunately I cannot identify what creature he is.3S70hHE.jpg

Second screenshot is of the spiky lizard at the Wayrest crafting writ return station.s7u8UgU.jpg

If these were able to be compatible with the Crown Store pets, that would be awesome!
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Large banners that can be placed on keep walls representing the logo of the guild that claimed it.

Costume that gives your werewolf player subtle effects while out of form (ie Glowing eyes, fur poking out between pieces of armor, etc)

Titan Relic. "When this item of immeasurable power is used in certain locations in Cyrodiil, the massive Titan -insert boss name here- will fly down within 'x' minutes to claim it." It would be cool if this boss dropped 'x' item that is needed to create a special looking daedric gear set. Throwing a boss into Cyrodiil that is very hard to kill would create an interesting dynamic between the factions fighting over who gets to kill it.
    Edited by Brizz on January 23, 2015 9:06PM
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I care? You don't get any loot (other than leather) from the mobs you kill that are gray. No gold, no drops, nada. You can't blow the missing loot up for mats, you can't vendor it, even if you wouldn't use it.
    Ahhh, that aspect of it didn't even occur to me! Thanks, it makes a lot more sense now.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    Give us faction change option, Inventory space / bank space kits.
  • Shader_UA
    Shader_UA
    Soul Shriven
    Greycats wrote: »
    Would be great to have:

-experience halters
    So you and a few others have asked for this, and I'm a little confused. What's the purpose of an XP halter? Why would you want to forgo gaining XP?

I am one of those who asked for it - explained why in my post. I already hit "gray" on quests and mobs while leveling because I do *every* quest in a zone and always do the starter areas. That puts me three (sometimes more) levels above a zone by the time I finish it with the current XP gain.

If Bethesda (and now ZOS) want us to play the way we want, let us play all of a zone, do all of the content, but not end up getting ZERO loot by the time we are halfway through -- so I don't want more XP. I'd actually like to level more slowly.

True, but before VR levels. Now I am actually falling a bit behind, even though I do every single possible thing in a location. Last 4 VR levels or so I had to grind last 20% of each level in Craglorn before moving to next location, which is not fun at all.

So I guess rebalancing experience gain would be a good idea in the first place, instead of simply selling boosts.
    Edited by Shader_UA on January 23, 2015 10:06PM
  • Prophet_Scott
    Prophet_Scott
    ✭✭
    I think Bank Slots and Backpack Slots would fall under convenience items. That stuff is really expansive and it'd be a nice way for those who don't play that much but still wanna keep their inventory organized without having to farm gold for hours to buy inventory and bag space. But that's just me.

Other than that I second ideas such as Dance Lessons, Guild Banners, Cloaks&Capes, Costume Dye, "Dance Lessons", New buyable songs for music and or a way to play in sync with people so I can have sick Jam sessions. (Even if it's a different instrument, matching songs would be nice if I'm playing a lute and my friend is playing the drum), MAYBE certain animations and such. I would VERY MUCH like to see 'bad guy' outfits in there such as Worm Cult outfits, etc etc. Other than outfits (or maybe it could be part of them) 'weapons'/items that go in the wielded slot that are completely costume based. For example a hammer for a blacksmith, a pitchfork for a farmer, a wooden spoon for a cook, etc etc.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things I'd like to see in the cash shop:

Matt Firor and Paul Sage mounts

Jason Leavey hair

Lock Boxes, keys sold separately

Lucky Boxes (RNG boxes) full of garbage with a 0.000001% chance of containing Emperor status

Armor with twice the stats of any crafted armor that auto levels with you, must come in lime green.

Flying mounts for all, must come in pink and provide areal attacks.

Yeah I know, its a sarcastic list but one can only dream of flying over Cyrodiil as a Lucky box winner Empress on her flying pink Matt Firor mount with Jason Leavy hair that drops fire bombs.

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • illusionarythade
    illusionarythade
    ✭✭✭
    My Wish List
    • Weapon Animation Motif A costume like motif you can purchase to unlock different animation / weapon effects for selected weapon type (via crafting). For example Applying a Nature Motif to a Restoration staff would would change its VFX and the skills within VFX to nature based animations.

That is just an example but could be quite fun and possible with all weapon weapon styles :smiley: (Other thoughts : Unarmed, Blood, Water, Darkness Throwing weapons etc)

• Playable Instruments!
    • Role-play Items, Things like camp-fires / tents / working chair or stool that we could activate and it appears on ground.
    • Wolf pet / companion!
    • Normal clothes / costume would be great :)
    • A EXP reducer/halter for those of us who are playing through content and don't want to over level would be great, I want to stay subscribed but I don't want to be over-levelled because of it :(

Other then those my "What I don't want" list is probably the same as others. P2W stuff / RNG Boxes etc etc etc are all rubbish.
    Edited by illusionarythade on January 24, 2015 2:26AM
    "Use nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power, and fear her fury."

.: Fehn-reil Bosmer Craftsman [AD] :. | .: Teiali Bosmer Warden Support [EP] :.
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    How about a skill that allows any of my characters to go out and tame a combat pet of our choice (within reason, no Daedroth or Dragons. But I would not mind a Wamasu). I want a spider on my Dunmer, a snake on my Argonian, a Cat (tiger, panther) on my one Vampire Khajitt and a wolf on my WW Khajitt.

As I have said before, the mechanics are already there, just give us the skill.
  • Fya0713
    Fya0713
    ✭✭
    Gina PLEASE don't let them put any items in the crown store that aren't strictly cosmetic. As in, weapons/armor/glyphs.....just make available mounts (lore friendly, yet a lot of fun), costumes (lore friendly, no GTA style things that are just plain outrageous), and BASIC pots/foods/repair kits. This could be an AMAZING addition to the game. However, if it is done incorrectly, it could make the game "buy to win" and anger a lot of people, including myself, and completely ruin the game. I love the idea of the crown store, I'm just a mix of excited and nervous as to what will be available on it. BUT....I do think that we who have paid a subscription since the very beginning, should get MASSIVE bonuses to what we can afford, and the types of things that are available to us. We, the players who have played since day 1, and have not left when the game got rocky, deserve to be acknowledged for that. All I really have to say though, is THANK YOU SO MUCH for not making it Free 2 Play.....don't ever do that. The second you do that, it's going to attract a huge in-flow of angry 10 year-olds who's parents won't let them play a game that has a monthly fee, and they will come into the community and, slowly but surely, tear it apart. That is all for the "what not to do" section :) I can't wait to see where the game goes!!!! Just want to say that, since launch, this game has improved so so much. I rarely, if ever, get lag in PvP anymore, I personally never crash in trials anymore (even though I know others still do occasionally), and I love the dye system, the undaunted pledges and the armor that comes from them, and end-game content, such as trials, Dragonstar Arena, and certain veteran dungeons that have been added. Really excited for the future, and I've always had a lot of confidence in Bethesda. Zenimax I don't know too much about, but Bethesda is hands-down my favorite gaming company out there. Don't fail us guys!!!! :smiley:
  • Kathorlenn
    Kathorlenn
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not currently happy with the look of my VR14 NB main and would like to have some sort of cosmetic thing to change the look of my character but unable to change race.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *puts on the P2W police cap*
    I'd be okay with making the crown shop mounts a little bit faster than in-game gold mounts too.
    NO!
    Titan Relic. "When this item of immeasurable power is used in certain locations in Cyrodiil, the massive Titan -insert boss name here- will fly down within 'x' minutes to claim it." It would be cool if this boss dropped 'x' item that is needed to create a special looking daedric gear set. Throwing a boss into Cyrodiil that is very hard to kill would create an interesting dynamic between the factions fighting over who gets to kill it.
    NO!
    I would probably remove the mystic merchants as soon as possible, make sure you don't tell anyone before making the change as you'll just have current veterans stock up on empty soul gems. I would then reduce the drop rate of soul gems by about 80% or so. They drop too frequently in game to be worthwhile as a purchase but with a significantly reduced rate you should be able to spark some sales.

Also, the boxes you get from completing crafting writs? Oh yeah, 1, 5, and 10 packs of those could be hot ticket items if priced appropriately. Those surveys are quite nice to run, especially if you can get a nirncrux or two occasionally.

Edit/Addition: Take a look at Tera's dungeon timer system. A cash shop consumable that will reset and dungeon timer could work if priced appropriately.

Temporary Mount Speed boosts would work nicely as a convenience item.

Mercenary NPCs to allow solo(ish) and small groups to do large group content.
    Hell NO!
    Inventory space / bank space kits
    NO!
    How about a skill that allows any of my characters to go out and tame a combat pet of our choice (within reason, no Daedroth or Dragons. But I would not mind a Wamasu). I want a spider on my Dunmer, a snake on my Argonian, a Cat (tiger, panther) on my one Vampire Khajitt and a wolf on my WW Khajitt.
    NO!
    Wololo.
  • Rouk
    Rouk
    Soul Shriven
    I really want to be able to buy a Worm Cult disguise. It's the most beautiful light armor. And please make it possible to dye disguises. ))
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rouk wrote: »
    I really want to be able to buy a Worm Cult disguise. It's the most beautiful light armor. And please make it possible to dye disguises. ))

The Worm Cult look can be obtained by wearing the Worm's Raiment set (drops from any veteran dungeon boss) and the Necromancer set (drops in many PVE encounters)
    Of course it's always easier to get it with a credit card.

aPuzNfB.png
    Wololo.
  • Voldema
    Voldema
    Soul Shriven
    I would not buy the costumes,and the possibility of crafting new styles or modify parts of his armor as the favourite costume.
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    I am fine with any kind of customization in the crown store as long as it isn't Lore Breaking to the game. I don't want to see a Unicorn cosplay running around in cyrodiil just because Unicorns are cool.

1: Armor/Weapon style conversion.
    And with that I mean, that we can buy some kind of item that will change the style look on one of our items. Ofc there should be heavy for heavy armor, so that you can't look like you are wearing heavy armor but when in fact you would wear light armor. The reason why this would be really good is because there are some Found set items which are great, but they doesn't look that good together with some other set item you want to match it with. So by being able to convert the style of the armor/weapon, we can have a complete and awesome look despite the set items.

2: Since none want the Crown store to be *Buy to Win* I will just have to mention that I don't want the Xp Boosters to affect the Champion system xp gain. If people can buy to get Champion points faster, then it will be kinda Buy to Win, since they will be stronger faster then someone else. ^

3: Bank and bag space is always nice (even though I have already maxed it out my self ;P )

4: Some kind of RP items, much like those we get from quests that can be activated.

5: NO to any kind of crafting materials

6: For last and most Important! Be able to change underwear
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭
    I saw someone post about being able to change spell effect colors through the crown store. If this is actually possible, this sounds like a great cosmetic idea! I'd certainly buy that.