Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

SWTOR all over again?

• zen22937b16_ESO
    I've read lots about this over the past day or so, which leads me to form my own opinion which is this.

quit.jpg

Goodbye and good riddance. You won't get another cent out of me.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »
    I challenge people to name three pay-to-win items from SW:TOR's cash shop since it seems to have gotten a highly undeserved ill repute among some here.

I recall a single item that ever had an (extremely minor) "advantage" and that was a certain lightsaber with a slightly more powerful crystal in it. And I've been with SW:TOR since launch until ESO's launch. I'd still be playing it if not for ESO and especially ESO's guild system (plus its lack of the nefarious BitRaider client, seriously if ESO would ever get that, I'd be long gone when the message has dried its ink :P )

additional quickbars
    treek
    ability to wear endgame equipment

2 of those are more of removing the limits of free to play than pay to play. Subscribers would have no need for them.

Treek and all companions are kind of useless in the grand scheme of things that are end game, where you cannot even use a companion.

any type of openfield engagements are highly influenced treeks ae stun.
    it doesent matter how you call it but having to spend money to gain the same competative standards as someone who have spent money is per definition P2W.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's nothing that allows you to "pay to win" it's just the focus being 80% on those micro-transactions that is really annoying as a subscriber and that's what I worry about with this new shift in ESO. :(
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • staticstorm
    staticstorm
    ✭✭
    I've read lots about this over the past day or so, which leads me to form my own opinion which is this.

quit.jpg

Goodbye and good riddance. You won't get another cent out of me.

so the game you enjoyed and played countless hours is over now?

one of the best games I played and for 5years to they killed it was GW1 and it was buy to play, it had a lots of helpful players and traders, it didn't receive a cash shop to late in life and even then it was account wide fluff like cosutumes, they made their money releasing DLC as its called now.

from the sound of the ESO live that's what they doing here selling you DLC as the main income or getting your sub for said DLC, or selling fluff in store.
    Edited by staticstorm on January 23, 2015 3:31PM