This suggestion is to bring in more disease other than the simple disease damage we have now. We have a long history of diseases in Elderscrolls games includingDaggerfall
, and Skyrim
. Inside ESO I see a few ways to implement this in the FUTURE
. This may be a little bit ahead of its time but could be planned out to be an interesting game mechanic.
Here are some proposed methods regarding contracting, curing, and preventing
- Method 1: boss fight risk, If you're fighting world bosses and die, when you respawn there is a high risk to acquire a disease. Another low risk would be whenever a player is hit or damaged.
- Method 2: hanging around too long, certain areas are polluted with disease, and sticking around them will give a risk of giving a special disease for that area.
- Contraction Method 3: special monster spawns,in the future, I imagine there will be new special drops to go along with a new style type or item. giving them a moderate chance of disease will add to the challenge.
- method 1: mage's guilds in town, which will charge you a small amount to cure each one.
- method 2: alchemy, where new traits or ingredients can be farmed to create cure disease potions for various levels
- method 3: food and rest, where if you don't fight for a while and maintain a food buff will reduce a disease's duration. Certain foods would also cure this faster than others
- method 1: runes - existing resist disease runes could reduce the contraction rate and reduce the duration, giving them a use outside of PVP
- method 2: race, Certain racial passives like in wood elves would reduce the duration and contraction rate
- method 3: vampires, which would be immune to a majority of diseases.
- Method 4: spells in the new spell crafting system could provide shields against this.
The benefits and changes this could have long term
- Benefit 1: The reduced loot from bosses could be removed or reduced, since continual fighting will reduce a player's effectiveness
- Benefit 2: XP Farming methods would have a natural enemy, giving a balance to them that wouldn't require reducing XP or mobs
- Benefit 3: towns will have more purpose and with the newly introduced champion system, lead to more challenge if you end up making yourself a criminal in all the holds
- Benefit 4: since vampires would be vastly immune, they would be less affected if there was an addition to the justice system to outlaw vampirism (more of a benefit to the con)
- Benefit 5: Higher challenge to PVE content that will have to be either regulated through trade skills, better groups, or travel to designated spots
- Benefit 6: lore friendly integration to a system that has been in every ElderScrolls game so far.
Reasons why not to do this right NOW
- the justice system isn't fully implimented at the moment
- the spell crafting system is still on its way
- new loot, styles, and drops would have to be planned to released at the same time
Diseases, that's my holiday suggestion for the next year. Let me know what you think, positive or negative =3.
Edit: Moved to Feedback & Suggestions
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch