Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Call to Haderus!

• prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are playing on NA servers ?
    Options
  • Wyndfoot
    Wyndfoot
    ✭✭
    prootch wrote: »
    You guys are playing on NA servers ?

Yes
    Options
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    So too bad we wont fight, our alliance is on EU.
    Options
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Congrats Xylena on Empress! You deserve it! Logged on to check my mail before work and see it pop up! Nice job EP!

Very happy to see Xylena get Emperor, has been working very hard on Haderus and contributed a lot to EP's success since she transferred over!

Xylena emp? Last thing I saw was red pushing hard on inner ring, so you made it. And congratz Xylena, finally a skilled emp on Haderus, I guess those flying daggers and crit charges towards me will hurt a LOT more :)
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and now she is camping the 4 ad on the server like a boss!
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

Ugh, she was tough enough before all those emperor passives.

Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, be patient and wait for the d-ticks at the gate. That's what we do when we only have 4 EP on and a gate-camping AD emp along with his/her entourage (have to give Xylena credit if she's doing it solo).

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@yodased‌

Ahh i hate it when folks gate camp. me and 2 buddies spent about an hour the other day killing gate campers, they just kept coming back. Hoping you get some good AP from them.

Anyways, i just wanted to say i have tangled with you a few times on Haderus, i do believe you took the wall down on Glademist last week, had some pretty good battles both inside and out. Our small group hung on, was no easy feat.

You represent your faction well, and are definitely a worthy adversary. My hats off to you! Take care!

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Cuddler wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »
    And I couldn't put up with the idiots in zone chat

At least you were not their target. A few cretins from my own faction apparently reported me for "cheating," after I got two big ticks for solo defending Drake, the second of which was right after the score reset. The same cretins who usually run in big zergs, and still fail to accomplish much.

The emperor drama never dies...

Same drama happened a week ago (maybe 2) on Chillrend. The Emperor system has left an unsavory taste in everyones mouth. The whole system pits you against members of your own alliance. "Do I rez my competitor to save the keep"? "Do I report this keep under attack or farm it till it flips, or lie about it?" "Do I protect the scroll run that needs me or farm AP?"

Then there is the expectation for you to abdicate so others can get it, or the expectation that you leave the server because you already have former emp. That same expectation leads to hate tells, and drama when you don't participate in the emp pimping system.

The whole system is a sour one. Great idea, bad implementation. It should be a position of leadership where you want certain players to have it because they work for the alliance. But to get it you have to work beside or against your alliance and then abdicate it if you want any peace.

Gankimus would very much like to see some changes to the way AP is calculated. This one is a terrible AP farmer, Gank has lost track of how many times he has missed keep or resource ticks because he is charging off to the place where the fight is instead of cleaning his claws waiting for the game to catch up and realize something has happened.

Gank was never very good at killing groups of worthy enemies by himself for big shiny AP piles so he keeps lots of friends around to do it for him. This one would like to see adjustments to the system that reward maneuver, responsiveness and group leadership. Not that Gank is suggesting the other AP rewards go away, keep and resource campers should be rewarded for their patience and anti-social elitist 1vX types should be encouraged to stay isolated.

Friendly things like rezzing dead allies, protecting scroll runs and achieving strategic alliance goals like cutting off or cutting short transit to objectives that need to be assaulted or defended should be rewarded too.
    Edited by Gankimus on January 21, 2015 2:49PM
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @‌woodsro thanks! I am more of a lead the party into victory than a threat by myself TBH, but i appreciate the compliment!
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

OK. rage over. I will not return to PvP until this change is made. Good luck to all of you haderus people, it was fun. see y'all in a month or whenever 1.6 goes live.

Talk to someone before you quit, maybe there is a way around it you haven't thought of.

It gives a 100% chance to... im going to say "knock back" my weapon attacks.(I think its called blinding flashes) Meaning I have to completely change my playstyle just to fight it, ONE ability, which is utter bullcrap.

Im not putting up with any more crap. My patience is gone.

As a templar myself, I use this very often on melee play styles. It's extremely effective against the flame lash invasion DK build.

But fret not, sadly, it's being removed in 1.6 for a ranged channeled execute. I am really going to miss tanking multiple people with that ability. Hopefully the execute will be worth it.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair to Templars that ability has a very short range, but high probability.

Conversely Mirage (morph of blur) in the NB tree works on things much further away but ha an almost stupidly low chance of working. Honestly Telel can never seem to decide between it and double take.
    Edited by Telel on January 21, 2015 3:26PM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xylena got emp?

sweet. I trust she is making life difficult for the AD
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OK. rage over. I will not return to PvP until this change is made. Good luck to all of you haderus people, it was fun. see y'all in a month or whenever 1.6 goes live.

Talk to someone before you quit, maybe there is a way around it you haven't thought of.

It gives a 100% chance to... im going to say "knock back" my weapon attacks.(I think its called blinding flashes) Meaning I have to completely change my playstyle just to fight it, ONE ability, which is utter bullcrap.

Are you sure it's not sparks? it's got 100% chance. The Templar one is only 50%

its not sparks. The guy had a staff.

All of my melee attacks knocked me back as soon as he activated it.(not just melee, but my ranged bow attacks as well) It is complete BS, and I will not deal with it. I will not change my entire play style, one that I have spent THREE MONTHS working on, due to one ability.

My patience is gone. I'm done, ill be back when the ability is completely removed.
    Edited by Cody on January 21, 2015 4:33PM
    Options
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's blinding flashes and its a 50% chance to miss or knock off balance on pulse which is once every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
    Options
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xylena got emp?

When is she not? :neutral_face:

Options
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭

All of my melee attacks knocked me back as soon as he activated it.(not just melee, but my ranged bow attacks as well) It is complete BS, and I will not deal with it. I will not change my entire play style, one that I have spent THREE MONTHS working on, due to one ability.

My patience is gone. I'm done, ill be back when the ability is completely removed.

It's Blinding Light (morphs are Searing Light and Blinding Flashes). If you are within range (5m) when they use this skill, you will have a short duration 50% chance to miss your attack. If you do miss, you get put off-balance. It's going away with 1.6. In the meantime, try using Immovable.
    Options
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    It's blinding flashes and its a 50% chance to miss or knock off balance on pulse which is once every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

You Templars and your.... flashy glowy things.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's Blinding Light (morphs are Searing Light and Blinding Flashes). If you are within range (5m) when they use this skill, you will have a short duration 50% chance to miss your attack. If you do miss, you get put off-balance. It's going away with 1.6. In the meantime, try using Immovable.

So now I have to level up an armor I wont even use just to beat one ability...

surely you can see the problem.
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

At least you were not their target. A few cretins from my own faction apparently reported me for "cheating," after I got two big ticks for solo defending Drake, the second of which was right after the score reset. The same cretins who usually run in big zergs, and still fail to accomplish much.

Same drama happened a week ago (maybe 2) on Chillrend. The Emperor system has left an unsavory taste in everyones mouth. The whole system pits you against members of your own alliance. "Do I rez my competitor to save the keep"? "Do I report this keep under attack or farm it till it flips, or lie about it?" "Do I protect the scroll run that needs me or farm AP?"

Then there is the expectation for you to abdicate so others can get it, or the expectation that you leave the server because you already have former emp. That same expectation leads to hate tells, and drama when you don't participate in the emp pimping system.

The whole system is a sour one. Great idea, bad implementation. It should be a position of leadership where you want certain players to have it because they work for the alliance. But to get it you have to work beside or against your alliance and then abdicate it if you want any peace.

A really good summary of why the system should be scrapped, and I don't mind losing the emperor skill line if that happens.

And just now one of the drama queens involved in yesterday's zone chat hysterics got the title. When I went to bed last night, I knew I'd lose my scoreboard lead. I was hoping somebody else would get the crown but her. There are some really good players in the top 10. Alas, that was not to be. :(

The zerglings were talking about "democratically" electing the next emperor by ensuring they have the "right person" on top before they took over the ring. It seems they were successful.

If I think I know who you are talking about than yes she was a complete tool. I have never seen anyone from another faction whisper so may hate messages and rants. It was rather amusing.

One question, was she a Templar?
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel has not had time to do much in haderus today but they have had a chance to pop in to check in on things.

They noticed that the un handsome but certainly superior in other ways opponents of the unhapy faction have shown us more respect than we often do. By this they mean they're not constantly sending waves of lemmings to recapture gate keeps now that they managed to take the scrolls.

If perchance this was a purposeful thing and not just a result of them dieing a lot then Telel thanks them. If they just kept getting owned by the four guys who are often on in the morning then this one wishes to say....

Nya nya, take that ya gate camping punk dogs!
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭

A really good summary of why the system should be scrapped, and I don't mind losing the emperor skill line if that happens.

And just now one of the drama queens involved in yesterday's zone chat hysterics got the title. When I went to bed last night, I knew I'd lose my scoreboard lead. I was hoping somebody else would get the crown but her. There are some really good players in the top 10. Alas, that was not to be. :(

The zerglings were talking about "democratically" electing the next emperor by ensuring they have the "right person" on top before they took over the ring. It seems they were successful.

If I think I know who you are talking about than yes she was a complete tool. I have never seen anyone from another faction whisper so may hate messages and rants. It was rather amusing.

One question, was she a Templar?

IIRC she is. I really want to believe Kartalin that it was all joking, just like the whispers you received.
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well guys it just so happened that my laptop go boom, I have to redownload the game on my desktop, or at least patch it up to the current state, prolly won't be back for 1-2 weeks. I really wanted to level that EP sorc I made so I could play with Vortex :(

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and read the QQ about F2P on the forums.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well guys it just so happened that my laptop go boom, I have to redownload the game on my desktop, or at least patch it up to the current state, prolly won't be back for 1-2 weeks. I really wanted to level that EP sorc I made so I could play with Vortex :(

it will be glorious
    Options
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭

We'll miss you :'(
    The QQ is real, and not without reason...
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
    Options
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylena got emp?

Still up 7 -5 on Xylena, with a vr5 DK I'm still figuring out how it works. Chasing her into the river at the bridge that shall not be named to watch her die to the slaughterfish was GLORIOUS.
    Edited by riverdragon72 on January 23, 2015 8:32PM
    Meh...**** it..
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylena got emp?

Still up 7 -5 on Xylena, with a vr5 DK I'm still figuring out how it works. Chasing her into the river at the bridge that shall not be named to watch her die to the slaughterfish was GLORIOUS.

lawl, me and Xy hardly kill each other... She dodge rolls to much for my liking so I don't chase unless there is a lynch squad behind me o:)

Still love you though Xy! :joy:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hehe panda... great action on haderus tonight - emp run went out in a blaze of glory versus locked AD and 3 bars DC - hope this level of pop from all 3 sides can keep up more regularly!!!
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one still can't beleive we were still in posession of Alessia by the time their pups and Khajiit had to head off for sleep, and crafting of new PVP gear.

After the way the Daggits, and pacters ran over us at BRK, Roe, and Fare we were certain we'd be fighting another 20 minutes before we called it a night. Yet somehow an hour later not only were some keeps still yellow but some handsome gentle people, who are likely khajiit in disguise, retook Fare.

Also this one got to bat several daggits off of a cliff or wall. So they are most happy with how things went.

Options
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing fights on Haderus tonight. After Gank and his gang of excitable executioners made a small contribution to dethroning the most skilled and annoying EP Emp, we drifted on to Azura's to stop an energetic red push on that server. Gankimus has definitely learned his lesson and seen the wisdom of stopping EP from Emping whenever possible.

So, Azura's well in hand it was time to come back to Haderus. Gank and his friends started with a generic smash and grab scroll run deep out of DC territory. Gank had many friends and was able to resist a spirited DC attempt to ruin our beautiful scroll run.

The crown jewel of the evening though was the 10 minute three way battle in Arrius, easily one of the best battles Gankimus and his friends have ever had the privilege to fight in. Gankimus removes his leather cap in salute to both of our stalwart enemies who fought with cunning and bravery. This one was very pleased to survive a harrowing escape from that fight with the scroll and leave the keep behind for EP and DC to squabble over.
    Edited by Gankimus on January 24, 2015 8:17AM
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
    Options