A Call to Haderus!

• Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @yodased‌ not all ppl here do so to farm AP. Immortali has been here for months we are often referred to as EP haerdus natives... if you ask some of the AD natives they will tell you we had some great fights against eachother over the months... they are all good players and we will definitely target them in a crowd... unfortunately alot of them have been busy or moved servers.... but you do have some dam good AD players...

DK Scrub out
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eglath wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    Two mostly solo players. Telel does indeed lead players, but its mostly <6 and they are in his guild.

The point is there is no force on Haderus that is equal to a Havoc, No Mercy or not sure of the name, but the guild that Galilan and Armitas and Vortex and friends are in.

Really it comes down to the fact that there are significantly more skilled and organized players mowing down less skilled and organized players.

The name of that guild would be VortexmanFanClub but Armitas and Galalin unfortunately did not meet the requirements of having a toon named Vortexman.

Really I'm not in any PvP guild other than Guild of Shadows, when I'm on Haderus now I'm usually on my own randomly doing stuff like leaping on keeps then quickly dying. And the first time I actually played on Haderus in almost a week I was welcomed by Subtomik wanting to kill me so badly he ran into and died in guards :/

And Haderus has a painfully high population of templars that spam dark flare, making me not want to come back even more.

You should show up more, I will welcome you with unstable wall of elements! <3

Rolling out the red carpet.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone thinks the dc doesn't have a low enough Pop to legit get the bonus lol

And sorry vortex! Had to run dailies and that was a fun way to go out! Everytime I put up my sword and board I miss ping ponging off everyone :(
    Options
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    Without Vortexman, Haderus does not deserve to be called Haderus. That is all.
    Options
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    @yodased‌ not all ppl here do so to farm AP. Immortali has been here for months we are often referred to as EP haerdus natives... if you ask some of the AD natives they will tell you we had some great fights against eachother over the months... they are all good players and we will definitely target them in a crowd... unfortunately alot of them have been busy or moved servers.... but you do have some dam good AD players...

DK Scrub out

A lot of us are here for performance issues. Me and Asgari cannot keep up with our guild mates machines/connections for a lot of the huge battles. And this week im in a hotel and my connection sucks :(
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can someone explain to me why top tier players go to bottom tier players? Is it just for shiggles? Farm AP to buy gear to play against their equals? EPEEN?

I think it's the other way around, at least for me. It is having to fight 3,4,5x my numbers that has caused me to get better. There is no room for mistakes, and I have to squeeze out every bit of my class potential to make it here. If I no longer feel I'm growing then I would leave, but I'm still growing so I'm still in this campaign. In my mind fighting outnumbered is incredibly intense, especially while solo or in a small group.

I think you should stick around even after you get your skill. I think PvP might suit you.
    Edited by Armitas on January 13, 2015 3:30PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Two mostly solo players. Telel does indeed lead players, but its mostly <6 and they are in his guild.

The point is there is no force on Haderus that is equal to a Havoc, No Mercy or not sure of the name, but the guild that Galilan and Armitas and Vortex and friends are in.

Really it comes down to the fact that there are significantly more skilled and organized players mowing down less skilled and organized players.

The name of that guild would be VortexmanFanClub but Armitas and Galalin unfortunately did not meet the requirements of having a toon named Vortexman.

Really I'm not in any PvP guild other than Guild of Shadows, when I'm on Haderus now I'm usually on my own randomly doing stuff like leaping on keeps then quickly dying. And the first time I actually played on Haderus in almost a week I was welcomed by Subtomik wanting to kill me so badly he ran into and died in guards :/

And Haderus has a painfully high population of templars that spam dark flare, making me not want to come back even more.

You should show up more, I will welcome you with unstable wall of elements! <3

Rolling out the red carpet.

Actually It's white/blue carpet since I'm using lightning staff :)
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    The EP guild you are referring to is Immortali. And I think you're somewhat wrong about your fellow AD.

Vinaymar, Suicide Blonde, Lacedion, Rhiannon, et al are no slouches at PVP and they also get our attention when they are around. Your "less skilled and organized players" tend to be PVE'rs trying to protect their precious buffs but that occurs on all servers.

@Weberda I know that there are players on AD that are good players. I have grouped with everyone that you have listed above here and they are all leaps and bounds above me, but I never have once seen any of those guys waltz into a group of you and even survive, forget win.

The red guild on Haderus has a couple of guys that take multiple people and/or siege to kill. Now I don't know if that is because they are that good or we are that bad, but there is literally noone on AD haderus that has that distinction.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭

DK Scrub out

I confirm, they have been poking Haderus for a long time, with incentive to make a difference. About farming... ekhem, KC LM ekhem :)
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »

DK Scrub out

A lot of us are here for performance issues. Me and Asgari cannot keep up with our guild mates machines/connections for a lot of the huge battles. And this week im in a hotel and my connection sucks :(

Have to say you both are a nice addition to the server
    Options
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    The EP guild you are referring to is Immortali. And I think you're somewhat wrong about your fellow AD.

Vinaymar, Suicide Blonde, Lacedion, Rhiannon, et al are no slouches at PVP and they also get our attention when they are around. Your "less skilled and organized players" tend to be PVE'rs trying to protect their precious buffs but that occurs on all servers.

@Weberda I know that there are players on AD that are good players. I have grouped with everyone that you have listed above here and they are all leaps and bounds above me, but I never have once seen any of those guys waltz into a group of you and even survive, forget win.

The red guild on Haderus has a couple of guys that take multiple people and/or siege to kill. Now I don't know if that is because they are that good or we are that bad, but there is literally noone on AD haderus that has that distinction.

I don't think you play here enough, you definitely haven't grouped with all mentioned there. And there are ppl in Had AD that can take whole enemy groups with siege and guards.
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @eglath uhh yeah I have lol. Who I have or not have actually played with is in question now ?

I am not talking about using intelligence to kill groups, I can do that too. I am talking about singular players that simply walk into a group of 5-15 people, alone with no siege and either last for incredible amounts of time or actually wipe them.

There is no yellow on Had that can do that to neither red nor blue.

Like I said, that may because we are that bad or because they are that good, I don't know.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @eglath uhh yeah I have lol. Who I have or not have actually played with is in question now ?

I am not talking about using intelligence to kill groups, I can do that too. I am talking about singular players that simply walk into a group of 5-15 people, alone with no siege and either last for incredible amounts of time or actually wipe them.

Like I said, that may because we are that bad or because they are that good, I don't know.

Gal - I think he's probably talking about you and Benom. Watch out for the nerf hammer.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK Scrub out

I confirm, they have been poking Haderus for a long time, with incentive to make a difference. About farming... ekhem, KC LM ekhem :)

Lol you got me... well kinda. It wasnt really farming AP... it was about the only thing we could do at the time. We could cap a resource then try like hell to defend it. That is the begging of where a lot of us including myself grew and got better as players because we had to...before this time you would have to ask vjori and other vets since thats about the time i joined immortali... i just want to add that growing as a group and player with immortali has been an amazing experience to watch how much we have all improved over the months... much love guys

DK Scrub out
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't interpret my observation as a complaint. I try and understand the situations I find myself in that is all.

I actually enjoy talking to the players on Haderus, I have never once had a bad experience there, everyone is super cool and I think its really fun. Take that into consideration when you read my posts please, its not a negative thing here especially when the word 'bad' is used.

Its just a term to qualify my skill against theirs. I'm sure I am placing my own unskilled bias on the group as a whole and for that I apologize, but the my opinion remains that there are no AD players on Haderus that can go toe to toe with the best Red/Blue there.
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't interpret my observation as a complaint. I try and understand the situations I find myself in that is all.

I actually enjoy talking to the players on Haderus, I have never once had a bad experience there, everyone is super cool and I think its really fun. Take that into consideration when you read my posts please, its not a negative thing here especially when the word 'bad' is used.

Its just a term to qualify my skill against theirs. I'm sure I am placing my own unskilled bias on the group as a whole and for that I apologize, but the my opinion remains that there are no AD players on Haderus that can go toe to toe with the best Red/Blue there.

We spent months banging are heads against what seemed to be an unbreakable wall.... working to get better... honing tactics... learning our group mates play styles (im known as the squirrel chaser). My suggestion would be to find a small group of friends play together and learn then add to ot slowly... im pretty sure all the ppl you mentioned on here did the same thing.

Added: its seems that several smaller guilds with players who have grown together and honed thier skills together have come to haderus. The zerg mentality doesn't seem to fit well here and i think it shows
    Edited by Galalin on January 13, 2015 3:32PM
    Options
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am talking about singular players that simply walk into a group of 5-15 people, alone with no siege and either last for incredible amounts of time or actually wipe them.

It is likely that when you witness Blue or Red doing that to Yellow, there are some factors to consider.
    - Red/Blue knows their build well enough to manage resources and CC
    - Being on the offensive can put you in a position to 'win' much more easily.
    - Yellow doesn't know their build, or how to counter to offender's tactics. Every last one of us in this game has a weakness.

A lot of DC and EP have lived and breathed PvP for a long while. They're quite comfortable and confident in their skin, whereas AD is pretty green with maneuvering on the battlefield.

I was in a group last night. They were advertising for 'Pros'. I believe we had just Secured Nikel and were pushing through the gate towards Ash. I'd suggested taking the trek across 'The Killing Fields' in stealth, as there may be scouts or a hidden group. Did they listen? Nope. I went through the gate (behind them) stealthed and sure enough Ariana and crew were in hot pursuit. I left that group.

There are two things AD needs to learn. How to use the map to our benefit and not to feed the opposition AP. DC didn't 'win' last week's campaign by taking keeps and scrolls. They won because we fed them bodies. Our bodies.

Some times, the best way to win a battle is to disengage, run, and not die. They can't get points if you don't die.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have seen 3 new groups out there in the last month or so.. yours, Telels, and Holy Dragons. I see you guys being those people in time. Thats what happened to us on EP. Everytime we lose, which was a lot, we had to go back find out what went wrong and fix it. Every time a build fails I have to find out why and where and then try to refine the build to compensate. The more you pass through the fire the more refined you become.

PvP has a short interest cycle and it relies on new groups like those 3 forming. Good guilds come and go, and we always need new ones growing up.
    Edited by Armitas on January 13, 2015 3:49PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen 3 new groups out there in the last month or so.. yours, Telels, and Holy Dragons. I see you guys being those people in time. Thats what happened to us on EP. Everytime we lose, which was a lot, we had to go back find out what went wrong and fix it. Every time a build fails I have to find out why and where and then try to refine the build to compensate. The more you pass through the fire the more refined you become.

PvP has a short interest cycle and it relies on new groups like those 3 forming. Good guilds come and go, and we always need new ones growing up.

This ^^^ could not be said better

DK Scrub out
    Options
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everytime we lose, which was a lot, we had to go back find out what went wrong and fix it. Every time a build fails I have to find out why and where and then try to refine the build to compensate. The more you pass through the fire the more refined you become.

Pretty much this. I've watched people in Zone just hollering at those aforementioned groups. At least they're trying, at least they're learning. It's perfectly okay to fail, winning shouldn't be the goal, improvement should be. Winning is just what results after.
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Armitas
    I've recently stopped playing N'tel because, I sh*t you not, Haderus natives actually started to report me for being to hard to kill. And while I /lol at them and keep playing for a bit, I don't want to actually risk a ban, because ZOS GMs are funky. But come 1.6 and the horribad nerfbat DKs are getting I'll prolly go back to her regardless, and lol as someone hits me for 89 dmg with lethal arrow inside of my veil ;)

What I miss most about Nutella is the rage tells and Vortexman... Umm... How do I put this in terms... Oh well... Corpse, Vortexman.... Things.. There. And wrecking face on people who don't block my 600 dmg swallow soul :wtf:
    Edited by Panda244 on January 13, 2015 4:19PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you're not thinking about beasts wine the other night, the DK that got emperor and was making it a pain to take resources. Biggest issue with a lot of the 1vX is the pugs feed thesee sustain builds with damagepic and kills, which super builds ultimate, which get them more kills. It's the pugs fault most times for not paying attention to what people in zone say or the mechanics of the build. Hit your face against a brick wall enough and you should be able to punch a hole in it right?

Sat there the other night sieging a resource tower with a bomb group inside to 5% when 2 pugs took the flag. They wouldn't listen to us to get off, and we're "shocked" when the zone chat turned on them. It's about as bad as a DPS staying in red and wondering why the healer couldn't keep them up. The zerg and public need to start recognizing the mechanics, instead of face grinding.

Edited by HeroOfNone on January 13, 2015 4:36PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Philelectric
    Philelectric
    ✭✭
    Just had a great 1v1 vs DC NB named Ataraxy...let me just say this dude is for real. I hate looking up from my back at one player but credit where its due. Very well done bro

DK Scrub out

Thank you.

But you gave an amazing performence aswell. You almost got me. And you forgot to say I was a DW/resto staff Medium armor NB and not a generic NB using the over popular Light armor build.

That being said, our fight was one of the hardest I ever had. Keep up the good work.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    diskiukas wrote: »
    Without Vortexman, Haderus does not deserve to be called Haderus. That is all.

This one almost looks upon all those times he killed me with some nostalgia, and then there was that one glorius time Za'dar actually managed to defeat the mighty Vortexman. :) "Those were the days my friend....."
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Screenshot_20150112_200348.png

Congrats DC!

I can't help, but evertyime I see you I think only about how pretty and cute your character is (looks like I have a crush on fictional game character, forever alone :\ ). Of course that big sword with some dk powers is quite deadly, but still :)

Who are you in game? Whisper me some sweet nothings and I can find some new targets for these mallets. ;)

Screenshot_20150112_200348.png

Congrats DC!

I can't help, but evertyime I see you I think only about how pretty and cute your character is (looks like I have a crush on fictional game character, forever alone :\ ). Of course that big sword with some dk powers is quite deadly, but still :)

Whoa whoa whoa, hands off, Vjori is mine.

Aww <3 you Vortex!

Trust me it's not gonna be new target :). Fortunately Telel seems to be prime target as AD (you can do it Telel!) therefore I'm not getting that much love from EP anymore, especially since a certain sniper, who's vendetta against me seems personal, is currently offline. But still some ppl miss me so much that lots of arrows and dks are flying towards me :). Unofrtunately I'm just a streaky sorc scrub, but doing my best to make your life harder ;).
    And I'll find your Nord chick somwhere in Cyro Vjori! My vampire sense is telling me that your blood may be delicious >:)

No! My blood, not yours! Remember, I'm a Nord, you'll get more mead than blood! ;)
    Subtomik wrote: »

DK Scrub out

Love having you and Asgari here on Haderus. By the way, I've noticed you like tight spaces, going to have to develop a smoke you out tactic. :)
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I appreciate you lumping me in with those guys @Armitas I don't know if I actually qualify.

I'm not good at PvP and people rarely listen to someone worse than* them at something lol.

I do try to organize the chaos as much as possible and my brain works differently so that may be of value to the campaign, but as far as I have noticed, most people would rather smash their relative faces into you guys then set up intelligent defend-able positions.

@Heroofnoneb14_ESO I wasn't specifically talking about or to anyone, just a general comment of them vs us.
    Edited by yodased on January 13, 2015 4:44PM
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a great 1v1 vs DC NB named Ataraxy...let me just say this dude is for real. I hate looking up from my back at one player but credit where its due. Very well done bro

DK Scrub out

Thank you.

But you gave an amazing performence aswell. You almost got me. And you forgot to say I was a DW/resto staff Medium armor NB and not a generic NB using the over popular Light armor build.

That being said, our fight was one of the hardest I ever had. Keep up the good work.

Welcome to the forums... im sure we shall meet again :wink: i may just keep a little sumtin sumtin on my bar for you next time to switch things up. Again great fight and great sportsmanship. A true example of a dangerous NB...

Keep on killin on

DK Scrub out
    Options
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    No! My blood, not yours! Remember, I'm a Nord, you'll get more mead than blood! ;)[/quote]
    Awwww love is in the air. It's something about Haderus that makes people fall in love with each other, even if it's other faction. I still remember butterflies in my stomach when I first saw Benom. <3
    Edited by diskiukas on January 13, 2015 5:04PM
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @yodased I know you weren't naming anyone specific, but it was frustrating to see the same guys coming to defend a single resource =3. Honestly though this is what they build for, the best thing I've found has been walk away from the fight and hope the pugs learn.

It's hard for me not to help, but just gotta realize that I'm giving some else double AP for following the lead of a green in the ears VR1 that shield charged a heavy armor templar right outside his own castle wall =s
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Mukuro
    Mukuro
    ✭✭
    I love this campaign. .. even though my EP ain't homed here i always keep my sorc on stand by in zone for when EP is getting pushed... But i mostly play my AD NB... Even though i hate AD... And constantly remind them in zone chat... i Sometimes pop out of stealth just to give away they're position and watch them die... Maybe pick off a couple enemies while i watch. .. But never enough to change the out come... lol. .. Still looking to gank @vortexman11 atleast once though
    Edited by Mukuro on January 13, 2015 5:14PM
    Illusions... or real illusions. Within the illusions hide real illusions... from the real illusions, the illusions are created. Within the truth hides the lie... within the lie hides the truth.
    (EP) V13 Sorc "Mukuro Rokudo"
    (EP) V3 Temp "Unmei No Yari"
    (AD) V5 Nb "L'uomo Nero"
    Options