Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Targrim
    Targrim
    ✭✭
    Is it possible and will there ever be Banks for individual characters? If not posibly a Crown store buy or crafting quest for a facility just for all the crafting materials.
    Thank you
  • Targrim
    Targrim
    ✭✭
    Any chace of changing the stage 4 vamps bounty for being in town, and bounty for feeding, while i agree there needs to be such in the justice system they need to change the feeding periods, as they are if i fees on the way to town stage 1 is 30mins, stage 2 1 hour, and stage 3 an hour and half. in it's current state on my Vamp if I go to sort my bank, craft new gear and turn in a quest and get a new one, I'll be stage 4 before I can finish crafting the gear. My suggestion is to just switch the timers , so stage 1 is hour and half, stage 2 - 1 hour, stage 3 - 30 minutes. That would give us 3 hours which is a reasonable amount of time and make them more viable in dugeons which in most ccases take you to stage3 before your half in.

P.S I also think if you feed on a sleeping person then should be able to walk away without a fight or a bounty and long as you were stealth when you did it, and no NPC saw you.
    Thank you
    Edited by Targrim on August 2, 2015 9:15PM
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you address text chat on consoles?

All it would take is saying either

A) we are not planning on implementing text chat in the near future

B.) we are looking at adding text chat however it will be awhile for x,y,z reasons

C) we plan to release text chat and are currently working on it

Im in favor of text but would prefer to hear option A then silence
    Edited by Mighty_oakk on August 3, 2015 12:23AM
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭

B.) we are looking at adding text chat however it will be awhile for x,y,z reasons

Still no word from the devs. The mods on this forum must be fed up already.

Text chat discussion please.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on August 3, 2015 10:41PM
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

They removed my post from before, edited other posters comments, emailed me an apology letter taking my account is ok, but still no word from the devs. The mods on this forum must be fed up already.

It's a pity since it has some great features. Spent too much time on money on the PS4 to ever get the PC version. Too bad, I was looking forward to this MMO so much.

This MMO by far has the worst social features as of any MMO.

I'm going back to other MMO's where things actually make sense.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on bashing comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on August 3, 2015 10:45PM
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭

The mods on this forum must be fed up already.

I've already given up on this MMO,

It's a pity since it has some great features. Spent too much time on money on the PS4 to ever get the PC version. Too bad, I was looking forward to this MMO so much.

This MMO by far has the worst social features as of any MMO.

I'm going back to other MMO's where things actually make sense.

DCUO, a game that is fairly inferior to ESO, has an immensely friendlier UI and communication hub. The social ability with voice, voice options, text chat, and text chat options are light years ahead of what ESO has to offer. Such a shame, since we all were expecting a true MMO experience from ESO.
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on August 3, 2015 10:47PM
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    Will text chat come to console?
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know when text chat will be coming to console. Please. :)
    PS4 Pro NA
  • vote4ren
    vote4ren
    Is there any ETA on race changes? I feel as if that would be a great addition to the crown store and could make your company a lot of money and make your customers very happy.
  • Hrodvar
    Hrodvar
    This is awesome.

1. Why does your in-game character model not turn with you in first person mode? Will this be changed?

2. Will we see more of Skyrim?

3.Will there ever be an auction house type thing that does not require guild membership?

4. Is player housing on the table as of now? When can we expect it?

5. To me, combat feels really robotic and way too...smooth, if you will, much like Morrowind or Oblivion. Will this be changed?

6. Are any improvements going to be made to first person mode?
  • Arjun
    Arjun
    Soul Shriven
    Will duel wield characters ever be able to carry the weapons on the back ( crossed ) ? I really miss this option . . . . It would really look awesome.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arjun wrote: »
    Will duel wield characters ever be able to carry the weapons on the back ( crossed ) ? I really miss this option . . . . It would really look awesome.

Better yet, will DW be a competitive end-game play style, ever, in the future? I've seen a lot of research, testing, theorycrafting, etc. that shows that, although it pulls decent dps, it's no where near the level of 2H or Staves.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • eternus_nex
    Will text chat be introduced into the TESO console versions?

If so, is it being worked on right now and when could we expect it to be released in game?
  • VilhelmValhalla4
    VilhelmValhalla4
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance that Tamriel will become more integrated in the future? Will we eventually be able to adventure in other alliance zones with players of other factions without having to advance to Veteran Ranks and starting Cadwell's Silver and Gold?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can or will any of the following Grouping Tools suggestions be considered for PC and Consoles?

-Simplify the grouping tool (on console) so that it works with each consoles social interactions.
    If I'm playing on Xbox one and I go to join others the game will launch TESO but it doesn't utilize any grouping in game functionality.

-when someone is looking for a group this should also change on console to show (xyz player is looking for a group) instead of xyz player level in xyz zone. Replace the zone with looking for a group for whatever they are queued

-the grouping tools seem to lack a motivation. On PC and console if someone queues then add a 15% to 100% exp bonus to the group members during the encounter. This is for anything not just dungeons. Even the grouping within a zone.

-lastly the grouping tools would benefit from showing social indicators of players LFG. Something that makes the character glow to others so that anyone who can see a players knows that they are LFG. Nothing disruptive but maybe a glow like the white outline of NPCs that glows for 2-3 secs and then fades away. If not this some symbol beside a players name when looking at the player so others can quickly know.

*If possible don't form the group but place an indicator that we have to accept just like a group invite therefore ppl don't get grouped while afk or any other situation where ppl won't be ready to go and know what's they're grouped for.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • xylamic
    xylamic
    Soul Shriven
    Please add text support! The lack of communication options is driving me back to WoW, but I want to play ESO.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    xylamic wrote: »
    Please add text support! The lack of communication options is driving me back to WoW, but I want to play ESO.

As much as I would like Text Communication, I seriously doubt any one game is "driving" you back to the "MMO that shall not be named". If you really wanted to play ESO, you would simply play it. Done. Simple.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • xylamic
    xylamic
    Soul Shriven
    OmniDevil wrote: »

As much as I would like Text Communication, I seriously doubt any one game is "driving" you back to the "MMO that shall not be named". If you really wanted to play ESO, you would simply play it. Done. Simple.

The point was that the game is great to play, but the social aspects aren't very good. I'd like to see the Xbox communications brought up to speed with the PC. I want to sit on the couch, not in front of the computer.
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone in the PC community is having crashes?
  • panemetcircenses

The point was that the game is great to play, but the social aspects aren't very good. I'd like to see the Xbox communications brought up to speed with the PC. I want to sit on the couch, not in front of the computer.

Technically, you should be able to do both (sit on the couch in front of the computer) if you have a TV made in the last 5-10 years or so. Text support across those platforms that have the necessary input devices would be nice, though.
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically, you should be able to do both (sit on the couch in front of the computer) if you have a TV made in the last 5-10 years or so. Text support across those platforms that have the necessary input devices would be nice, though.

Having played mmos for 15 years I find the community is what keeps me playing any one game for years.

Lack of text really limits community interaction. Having to communicate with friends and guildies through psn features is ridiculous
  • panemetcircenses

Having played mmos for 15 years I find the community is what keeps me playing any one game for years.

Lack of text really limits community interaction. Having to communicate with friends and guildies through psn features is ridiculous

I agree entirely on that bit, I just wanted to point out that it's become pretty easy to find TV's with PC inputs and PC's with HDMI outputs as things have progressed. That said, as long as PS4 and XBONE have the necessary inputs to use text chat (I know XB360 had an itty bitty clip-in keyboard available, but I haven't upgraded my console as of yet), and there isn't some proprietary silliness on the console end, text chat should be an option. Personally, I prefer text chat... you don't have to adjust your volume when someone gets a tad overenthusiastic, for one.
    Edited by panemetcircenses on August 5, 2015 8:49AM
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Exactly the lack of Social features along with "Names" that don't even matter. ZoS quit making excuses and work on Text Chat.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Text chat wasn't in the beta for consoles. I think the devs said they wanted to create a faster, more social experience.

I don't want text chat cluttering my screen but I'd feel really silly saying im storming off because it was included.

Zos when can we see crossed swords on our backs for dual wielders?
    Edited by mrskinskull on August 6, 2015 4:19AM
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly the lack of Social features along with "Names" that don't even matter. ZoS quit making excuses and work on Text Chat.

Geez.

Imho, I think the majority of actual players are fine with guild chat and would prefer new stable content over redundant communication options that will require an additional purchase of a required peripheral.

I am in several and if you play on the PS 4, na server, I promise I will personally introduce you to some larger more serious guilds.

Eb of course.

We have a lot of laughs and I think you seem like a well reasoned adult who just got a bit frustrated.
    Send me an invite and let's go play the game instead of this.

The offer is sincere.

Cheers.

PS zos

My friends have asked that I request this,

A dwemer mount.

Plzzzzzzzz.

Anyone I mention this idea to loses their mind with a serious case of 'take my money zos'

• AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Geez.

Imho, I think the majority of actual players are fine with guild chat and would prefer new stable content over redundant communication options that will require an additional purchase of a required peripheral.

I am in several and if you play on the PS 4, na server, I promise I will personally introduce you to some larger more serious guilds.

Eb of course.

We have a lot of laughs and I think you seem like a well reasoned adult who just got a bit frustrated.
    Send me an invite and let's go play the game instead of this.

The offer is sincere.

Cheers.

PS zos

My friends have asked that I request this,

A dwemer mount.

Plzzzzzzzz.

Anyone I mention this idea to loses their mind with a serious case of 'take my money zos'

Not the point, I have also met great people. The fact of the matter is, I prefer typing over talking to people. And so do many people, it's also good for Roleplaying which an MMORPG is suppose to also cater toward and completely fails.
    Edited by AaronLannister on August 5, 2015 3:33PM
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Text chat wasn't in the beta for consoles. I think the devas said they wanted to create a faster, more social experience.

I don't want text chat cluttering my screen but I'd feel really silly saying im storming off because it was included.

Zos when can we see crossed swords on our backs for dual wielders?

LOL the cluttering excuse. It's quite sad you're still clinging onto that lie.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

There is no lie or truth. It's not an excuse, it's a personal opinion. I want text chat, but I don't need it. With that said, unless they provide UI scaling for console, in my "opinion", it will clutter the screen. There is no right or wrong about this. You either want it or don't. You either feel the game needs it or don't. It really is that simple. Take a step back from the keyboard and have a breather.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

There is no lie or truth. It's not an excuse, it's a personal opinion. I want text chat, but I don't need it. With that said, unless they provide UI scaling for console, in my "opinion", it will clutter the screen. There is no right or wrong about this. You either want it or don't. You either feel the game needs it or don't. It really is that simple. Take a step back from the keyboard and have a breather.

It is an excuse, Text Chat is needed. And no it won't it's been done in previous MMO's perfectly, if ZoS hasn't figured a way not to add an Text Chat without "Cluttering" the screen then they have completely failed as Developers.

And this Excuse and Criticsm of Cluttering has NEVER existed in any Previous MMO's on Consoles which all have had text chat. You're right there isn't a "Right" or a "Wrong" it's about BAD game design which ZoS is clearly good in doing and it's not an opinion it's a Fact that VOIP only limits Social Interactivity within an MMO which should NEVER be the case since ZoS has also stated that they wanted people to be more Social.

And in that case because ZoS said they wanted people to be more Social, well they have completely FAILED because they added only VOIP only.
    Edited by AaronLannister on August 5, 2015 4:39PM
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

It is an excuse, Text Chat is needed. And no it won't it's been done in previous MMO's perfectly, if ZoS hasn't figured a way not to add an Text Chat without "Cluttering" the screen then they have completely failed as Developers.

And this Excuse and Criticsm of Cluttering has NEVER existed in any Previous MMO's on Consoles which all have had text chat. You're right there isn't a "Right" or a "Wrong" it's about BAD game design which ZoS is clearly good in doing and it's not an opinion it's a Fact that VOIP only limits Social Interactivity within an MMO which should NEVER be the case since ZoS has also stated that they wanted people to be more Social.

And in that case because ZoS said they wanted people to be more Social, well they have completely FAILED because they added only VOIP only.

So, really, your issue isn't with someones opinion, but with ZOS and their choices. I get it, you don't agree with it. You're passionate about it. However horrible you may think it is and how much you think it's needed, in the end, it's still just your opinion. Even if thousands or hundreds of thousands agree with you, it's still just an opinion and not fact.

The fact is, the game is still playable without it and will continue to be playable without it. Until ZOS decideds to include it or not, indefinitely, figure out alternatives. There have only been two, afaik, true MMOs on console. One of those is still currently a PS/PC exclusive. The other, that was released more recently, has text chat, but is incredibly flooded with spam messages and marketing messages, it's impossible to use correctly. If people in my guild need to communicate and aren't on a mic or not able to be in general guild chat, we use a group chat app. It's really not that difficult to find alternative methods until ZOS decides to implement text chat.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
This discussion has been closed.