Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Question:

When can consoles players expect a a simple "yes", "no", or "we are working on it" answer to the simple question; "Is text communications coming to consoles?"

Thank you.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nergie4242 wrote: »

Question:

When can consoles players expect a a simple "yes", "no", or "we are working on it" answer to the simple question; "Is text communications coming to consoles?"

Thank You,

I see you started a trend by quoting me. (lol)

Keep it up until we do get that; "yes, no, or working on it" answer. ;)
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Sithgear75
    Sithgear75
    ✭✭
    When are you going to hire more community reps/mods and more tech support people? Been over 6 hours and multiple people have been unable to log into the U.S. PS4 server, but can log into the EU PS4 server. Keep getting the "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection" message. Multiple posts, tweets, tickets, yet no responses. Sounds like you need more people interacting with the community when a pile of people are reporting problems.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.
  • loveXtheXmayhem
    loveXtheXmayhem
    Soul Shriven
    What's going on with the vampire/werewolf hybrid glitches seen alot of people doing it
  • Olympios
    Olympios
    Is the text chat coming to consoles?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, give it a rest on the console text chat question. It's been asked at least 6 times in the last few days, and the next ESO Live isn't until 14th August. Repeatedly asking the same question isn't going to make that show come any quicker! :stuck_out_tongue:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Question:

Thank You,

Zos, didn't you already address this at launch? I believe it was during an ESO live aired right around the console beta.

Also zos, given the rude nature of many pro text posts, would conceding to the vocal minority now open the door to this brand of campaign each and every time certain people feel a niche whim coming on?

There are thousands of people here who have their own special wants from the game and from zos.

If they see that the brand of campaign run by the few pro text chatters works, would it not set bar for future requests of all type?

This is a sincere question.

• opencagekitty
    opencagekitty
    Soul Shriven
    Love the game! Which has the better game play, console or computer?

The gameplay is exactly the same on both.
    How you play the game and what's on your screen are the differences.

I thought people would have a PREFERENCE to which console and method they find more rewarding for game play. In other games, like Diablo, there is a bias towards computer play due to the ability to cheat on a gaming console.
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Question:

Thank You,

Zos, didn't you already address this at launch? I believe it was during an ESO live aired right around the console beta.

There are thousands of people here who have their own special wants from the game and from zos.

If they see that the brand of campaign run by the few pro text chatters works, would it not set bar for future requests of all type?

Rude? how so? Just because you don't like criticsms doesn't make it rude.

At-least the ones who are most vocal about pro-text are more consistent when it comes to using words properly in the English language especially when making a wall of text with a focused argument.
    Edited by AaronLannister on August 8, 2015 3:51PM
  • cbarre23
    cbarre23
    Soul Shriven
    What are the chances of getting a more stable NA server?
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    Will we be getting a sex/race/name change service any time soon?
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Guys, give it a rest on the console text chat question. It's been asked at least 6 times in the last few days, and the next ESO Live isn't until 14th August. Repeatedly asking the same question isn't going to make that show come any quicker! :stuck_out_tongue:

The only reason you see it this many times is the fact that it hasn't been addressed since before launch, even though there have been many requests for a reply from a lot of the console community. They should have addressed it 4 threads and about one month ago.

Most that want it are just sitting back watching the forums for a hint of something. I've already split my time in half between ESO and FFXIV. The fact still remains that while I like ESO more, standing near the Undaunted Enclave in Wayrest, talking out loud asking if anyone needs the daily vet, is extremely tedious and very uncomfortable when I hear dogs barking, kids playing, and 2 guys arguing in the background over who smoked the last cigarette. It's not like you can roam Tamriel or actually quest while you shout. You have to stand around like a prostitute offering your services. And when you do find someone who wants the dungeon, you raise your voice to speak over the noise so you can hear what the guy's name is that wants the dungeon, since the little marker above their heads to know who is talking is over EVERYONE'S head or glitches and is over NO ONE'S head. And when you go through that two more times, and finally get into the dungeon, voice chat glitches and goes out leaving all 4 of you in the dark in the middle of a boss fight anyway.

So, while I understand you want us to relax with the question, what's happening now is what all of the experienced MMO console guys have said all along. Once we get to vet, this game cannot be taken seriously without text communication.

Once the question is answered, then we'll all know whether to continue playing or go back to FFXIV, DCUO or Neverwinter, because that's pretty much where you pulled the MMO crowd from. The happy console players that stay, are only here because they played Skyrim, so to them the game is working as intended.

I'll wait patiently for the next Live. Have a great Saturday.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Question:

Thank You,

Rude? how so? Just because you don't like criticsms doesn't make it rude.

At-least the ones who are most vocal about pro-text are more consistent when it comes to using words properly in the English language especially when making a wall of text with a focused argument.

I type on a tablet while on a treadmill. Sorry if I don't compose a dickens novel, lol. Autocorrect often makes some interesting decisions.

And look back over the text chat threads and while you can't see the actual rude remark or trolling or baiting, you can see the edits due to the rude content.

• TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the plans for Alliance points as a currency going forward?
  • basschich
    basschich
    Soul Shriven
    Is there ever going to be a way to toggle a marker of some kind for friends or guild members? Much like how there is for a group, but instead of having to constantly check who is online and ask the group leader to invite them, it would be nice to be able to turn on a marker for friends or for a specific guild so you can tell when you run into them.

Also, is the ability to deconstruct and create jewelry, like with armor and weapons, ever going to be incorporated?

Thank you.
    Pack Leader of The Gankateers; The official Gank Squad of the Daggerfall Covenant!
  • theforgottenking1779
    Why even waste your time on this post no ones real questions ever get answered like why is there no text chat on consoles
  • jrsalazar81
    jrsalazar81
    Soul Shriven
    not sure if you are aware but starting yesterday I have had an issue with being unable to travel into dungeons or different zones as I time out on loading screens. I am in stonefalls currently and have used the wayshrines just fine to move around the zone but when I try to enter a dungeon or go into campaigns I time out on the loading screen. have contected Microsoft support as I thought it was a connections issue as a whole but all my other games connect with no issues at all. and I can enter the game with no reall issues ( server seems to be very very laggy though) and I can move around fight etc, but as soon as I try to enter a dungeon I time out. Microsoft support says they have more reports similar to this and have seen many posts on your social media of people with the same issue I am having. have already sent in game feedback, but it has been going for awhile and trying to make sure someone is aware as it seems to be a bigger issue than just mine
  • jrsalazar81
    jrsalazar81
    Soul Shriven
    Sithgear75 wrote: »
    When are you going to hire more community reps/mods and more tech support people? Been over 6 hours and multiple people have been unable to log into the U.S. PS4 server, but can log into the EU PS4 server. Keep getting the "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection" message. Multiple posts, tweets, tickets, yet no responses. Sounds like you need more people interacting with the community when a pile of people are reporting problems.

same issue for xbox NA server. I can get into the game but as soon as I try to go into a dungeon or campaign really anything with a loading screen I time out and takes 10 minutes to connect again. as of right now I am stuck in stonefalls gathering and crafting because I cannot do quests that involve dungeons and even if I wanted to just run around and kill stuff the lag is insane. 5-10 seconds of delay on harvesting combat animations. have died many times today due to not actually seing the enemies coming at me and before I know I drop from full hp to dead then after I se all the attacka that had already devastated me. I have also seen many tweets with the same issue and Microsoft support told me they have a lot of reports of the same issue. have not tried going to eu server as I am not trying to leveling multiple characters especially not ones that cannot share resources
  • Lokii1331
    Lokii1331
    I've been having this issue since midnight last night. Has anyone actually gotten a response with information other than we are looking into it. I was hoping they would have fixed this by now but nope still unable to stay logged into the game. And it's not the PSN I have been able to log in and play on line on my other games.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure if you are aware but starting yesterday I have had an issue with being unable to travel into dungeons or different zones as I time out on loading screens. I am in stonefalls currently and have used the wayshrines just fine to move around the zone but when I try to enter a dungeon or go into campaigns I time out on the loading screen. have contected Microsoft support as I thought it was a connections issue as a whole but all my other games connect with no issues at all. and I can enter the game with no reall issues ( server seems to be very very laggy though) and I can move around fight etc, but as soon as I try to enter a dungeon I time out. Microsoft support says they have more reports similar to this and have seen many posts on your social media of people with the same issue I am having. have already sent in game feedback, but it has been going for awhile and trying to make sure someone is aware as it seems to be a bigger issue than just mine
    @jrsalazar81 That sounds like an issue you may want to post in Technical Support. This thread is for questions that ZOS answer in their bi-weekly show on Twitch.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sithgear75
    Sithgear75
    ✭✭
    @jrsalazar81 That sounds like an issue you may want to post in Technical Support. This thread is for questions that ZOS answer in their bi-weekly show on Twitch.

Sounds like they need to address their poor customer service and tech support issues on Twitch.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hardly ever hear them answer the important questions and the one's they do answer it may be like 5 minutes during the show. Heck they could answer all our questions if they did a 2 hour show just on questions. But that will never happen. :-D
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the future could we see the ability to dye weapons and shields along with the ability to transmog Items to look like other items. Both of these would add to a player's ability to customize their characters.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very simple. Maybe if they paid attention and responded to the most important topic on this forum for console, we'd give it a 'rest'. Ignoring threads with 2200 posts in it surely doesn't bode well for ZOS.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Where are we with shield dyes? A year passed since dyes were put in. You would think with all that the game can do and the fact that you can change the color of equipment already that you would let players control the color of our shields.
    Edited by Djeriko on August 9, 2015 3:59AM
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »

Very simple. Maybe if they paid attention and responded to the most important topic on this forum for console, we'd give it a 'rest'. Ignoring threads with 2200 posts in it surely doesn't bode well for ZOS.

Agreed. Give it a rest but you guys ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore..... But wait ... "Ask us anything!". Please, bro. Just..... Please.
  • ENJOIADAM25
    ENJOIADAM25
    Soul Shriven
    Why hasn't the connection problems been fixed on Xbox yet? The game isn't even playable now. Cant even complete a mission or join pvp because I get dropped at loading screens. Waste of $60! This should be your top priority!
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    Will achievments become account bound in the future ?
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• mrdaveqc
    mrdaveqc
    ✭✭✭
    when can we ( console player )expect to know if yes or no you will add a text communication to this game ?
    Ps4 NA DC
    Sorcerer vampire v16
    Templar v11
    Flawless Conqueror
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you add three new icons to a the group HUD?
    During PvP, the crown icon is often used. To coordinate huge numbers of people.

Could there be an option to add a queen or a took or a bishop or maybe just a few other icons signifying important group members?

Please add a few more icons similar to the crown that can be assigned to group members.

Or
    Please make guild mates on a PvP server show the group style divits.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.