ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Quick Question: Will ElderScrollsOnline.com be featuring PS4 guilds after launch, and if so will the process for being featured be the same?

--Kyxsune of Exiles Of Artaeum
    Options
  • uranium243_ESO
    Unafflicted Skill Line

Hello. My character is neither a werewolf nor a vampire, but I feel a bit penalized for not choosing an affliction. I was wondering if the developers have thought about an Unafflicted skill line for those that remain pureblooded men, mer, and beasts, so that we can draw on active abilities and passives same as the creatures of the night. Thank you.
    Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a link to a summary of the last ESO Live episode?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Upper Craglorn is the "third region of Craglorn", per its promotional materials, that means Lower Craglorn is made up of two regions (presumably the region to the west of Belkarth, and the region to the east of Belkarth). Do these two regions of Lower Craglorn have names?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS, please tell us why the game time cards are more limited then the dwemer style book?
    I've been asking about making them avalible for quite a while (januari this year) and everywere I look they are out of stock.
    Could you elaborate what is going on?
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
    Options
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you still have changes coming for Templars?

The only real reason anyone wants a templar in group is to be a healer/support role. The healing/support abilities Templars have are lacking group wise (the only ability worth using heals 3 people, 2 of the people that get healed are healed for a very small amount.) This makes the Restoration staff better for group support (the only reason why people favor Templars is purely because the passives.)

Not only do the support abilities need changing for Templars, but the DPS abilities need changing, there are 2 DPS trees for Templars but the most competitive groups dont want Templars in the group to be putting out damage, there is something very wrong with that. It's a mix of GCD and just lacking abilities.

Templars almost need a complete class re-work so I, and many other Templars really are hoping that changes will be coming and soon.
    ~Thallen~
    Options
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    I was against the changes to the Redguard armor at first since it was my favorite style but I got really attached to it afterwards. Unfortunately I'm sure you are aware that the Redguard heavy armor came with a lot of bugs and flaws. Such as the floating (causing a clipping issue) heavy girdle glitch, the (only two dye?) mislabeled greaves, and the random changing color of the jewels in the armor (the jewel color should be the same as the tertiary color in my opinion and not a random color based on the secondary color). I can compare your Redguard armor changes to a car maker creating a new line of cars on a deadline however when the car made it to the public, it came with lots of safety and cosmetic issues that were not intended. These issues are fixed with recalls or in our case, patches and fixes. I have yet to see any movement on the issues I've spoken about and yet every dev seems so know about them already. The heavy armor belt is an example. You can't find any NPC in the game with heavy Redguard armor that has the belt on. I can only assume it's because you know the belt is causing an issue and you are trying to hide it instead of fixing it. If the Daedric armor had issues like what the Redguard armor has right now, the forums would explode because Daedric is so popular and rare. Are you not going to fix it because Redguard is seen as unpopular?

And on the dye note once again... SHIELD DYES?!
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    I would like to see some pvp or at least some combat and how complicated or not so complicated it is to do simple things like interrupt or animation cancelling with a controller.
    Options
  • Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    I have only one question, I think it's rather obvious: Are there any changes to the Guild Trader/Guild Store system in the works for the next official update?
    Deome
    Loremonger, Addon Developer (DataDaedra, etc.), Ministry Malcontent

"I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so." --Now-Last, "Boethiah's Proving"
    Options
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, this question doesn't involve the sorc pets!

Do the channeled heavy attacks from restoration and lightning staves proc the daedroth summoning effect of the Maw of the Infernal set; or is the proc chance only on the final "blast" of those heavy attacks?

(See, it was a question about a pet every class can get.)

This next question doesn't involve pets at all maybe.

How resource intensive would it be on ZOS' end to have GMs host and moderate weekly events in game? These events would not involve the addition of any quests or game mechanics; but would be things like trivia contests, PVP duels and dungeon runs with specific rules (e.g., no items, 2vs2, no armor, etc.), scavenger hunts, and hide-and seek games during which players try to find a GM who's hiding in a zone.

It's been stated that new content will be on hold until the commotion from console release has settled down. Having events like this would give a few players something fun to do while waiting. I could definitely see having a trivia contest early in the week, and then a PVP contest later in the week. Prizes could include crowns or crown store items, ESO merchandise, provisioning recipes, crafting materials, motifs, and bristlegut piglets.

See you Thursday!
    Edited by Nahz on June 1, 2015 3:36PM
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
    Options
  • Khydan
    Khydan
    ✭✭✭
    I only have one question!

Are there any plans going forward to incorporate nature-based spells, much like what the Wyresses use, in the game? If so, what kinds of spells can we expect? I think there's a lot of potential to broaden the spectrum of magic, especially for themes so common in ESO such as druidism and necromancy.

Thanks!
    Options
  • leibnizlq
    leibnizlq
    Could you please tell me how to download the patchdata like depot_91to92.z01 whithout the game client in this website http://live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com:80 ? If I can download this updata pack alone,then I could use download software to accelerate the speed of download.
    Options
  • deacon_h
    deacon_h
    Soul Shriven
    do you have any word on how the armor will scale after the vet levels are removed?
    Options
  • Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    Khydan wrote: »
    I only have one question!

Are there any plans going forward to incorporate nature-based spells, much like what the Wyresses use, in the game? If so, what kinds of spells can we expect? I think there's a lot of potential to broaden the spectrum of magic, especially for themes so common in ESO such as druidism and necromancy.

Thanks!

WE WANTS IT!
    Deome
    Loremonger, Addon Developer (DataDaedra, etc.), Ministry Malcontent

"I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so." --Now-Last, "Boethiah's Proving"
    Options
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any reason why the hauntingly beautiful video (with 2 of Malukah's wonderful songs) that precedes each ESO Live show is not available for viewing on the media/videos portion of the elderscrollsonline.com website?

In my view, this video conveys the sublime world of ESO better than any video that ZOS has created to promote the game (though I do like the recent Tamriel Unlimited videos that are promoting console release). I would love to be able to share this video with family and friends who have little understanding of MMOs in general. As I remarked to a fellow guildie the other night as we traipsed through Greenshade, this world is a work of art.

Thanks to Malukah's beautiful music, and the astounding vistas of the game world, this video conveys that sentiment, as well as a compelling draw to the vast amount of people who may love music and painting, but have little regard for computer gaming.
    Edited by Caroloces on June 2, 2015 12:27PM
    Options
  • pepperybrine
    pepperybrine
    ✭✭✭
    Will there ever be whole tamriel in the game?
    Character: Skjorff Chilheart the WolflikeTankyswankyhulk, BLOOD FOR THE PACT
    Guild: The Eet-Team
    Pc Eu server
    Skooma is bad, and beer is bad also, so don't do drugs kids, they are bad, skooma is bad
    Options
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, it's me again! Sorry for coming with another post instead of editing the previous one, but I thought this might be better. Sorry if I'm wrong!

From an old interview many years ago, we found the names of some of the Khajiit breeds. We know how most of them look like, but some of them we have never seen in game (if I understand Mr.Lorence Schick correctly, the senche-felines in ESO are not the same as the sentient Senche-breed) and a few of them we don't know anything about. The Tojay breeds come to mind, in that the only thing we know about the breeds is their name. Is this something you are "allowed" to do something about (like include Alfiq/Senche/Pahmar/Ohmes NPCs or show the Tojay's look), or do you have to leave that for Bethesda and The Elder Scrolls ...: Elsweyr?

I saw the concept art for the costumes from the trailer characters in ESO Live 18, and I love them and I love that you are including them (and that they aren't dyed versions of other armours ;P)! Just curious, why does the male Altmer armour not have the boob window and his thighs showing? It was incredibly impractical on the original Altmer and it should not change to be practical just because it is on a man. I know why you made the female Altmer character show more skin than the male Nord and Breton, and I'm sure we could say it is because the Altmer are mostly mages and thus cast spells from a safer distance and thus don't need as much protection as the closer-combat Nords and Bretons (...a race known for its magic prowess). But if so, why is the male version getting covered up, when it is still an outfit made for mages that cast spells from a safe distance and thus don't need as safe protection? I was positively surprised and happy that the female versions of the Breton and Nord costumes did not show more skin because of their gender, and the fact that the male version of the Altmer doesn't show skin is not something I'm enraged about. I'm just curious why impracticality is not gender-neutral. :P (I would ask the same about the male version of the Dark Seducer-costume; I am a woman and was hardly seduced when a male character wearing that costume danced Redguard-style at me! :P)

Similar, is it possible that the next costumes that are supposed to be heavy-armour do not shape around the breasts on female characters? Again, I understand why you make the metal mold around the female's breasts so that we can see the shapes, so if you can't get away with it, I understand. It just personally breaks immersion for me and stops me from buying the costumes. (it also looks kind of weird on females with small chests). There are many reasons why boob-plates on armour is unrealistic and not practical, but if this is something you can't or won't change, I understand.

We were joking among friends about the Lusty Argonian Maid, and I'm curious… would a maid costume possibly be possible as a future costume?

Could I technically make the Khajiit character the shortest possible and call it a Suthay instead of the default Suthay-raht?

I'm sorry if this question has been answered before! Is the reason behind the Rings of Mara in ESO and Amulet of Mara in TESV:Skyrim a result of time period changes, difference in culture, or both? Or is it that the Amulet is meant to show that you are up for love and marriage, while the rings are actual symbols of the marriage?

I have heard several times that having made mods for other games can help a resume. From what I understand, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong, mods are kind of like the game-version of fanfiction. However, writers and authors are usually told to never ever use fanfiction as resume or even reference it as work when applying for job. I can see why not, I just thought it interesting that mods can help a resume, while fanfiction can kill it. Thoughts? And, say a writer applies a writing job for your game, if they include both a Skyrim mod that they wrote and a snippet of a fanfiction, both of good quality (maybe the fanfiction is even better), would the inclusion of the fanfiction be worse than the mod in the application? This is again more a curiosity, apologies if the comparison is wrong.

Really looking forward to the next ESO Live episode!
    Options
  • MIng_ESO
    MIng_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Buying cloths/costumes will you set it up where we can use the top of one outfit with the bottom of another like other games do. It makes buying cloths worth it if we do not like the top or bottom. And add dying..
    2. Will you add raising horses where we can bred for color, speed etc
    3. Will you add a hero we can rent to solo dungenes if not a full party.
    4. Like everyone else I would like to know when I can change my hair,etc.
    Edited by MIng_ESO on June 3, 2015 12:06AM
    Options
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of buffing things like siege, giving everyone(even zerg members) things like prox det, which is only exacerbating the lag problem in Cyrodiil, have you considered a proximity based debuff that decreases your combat effectiveness the more ALLIES that are around you? As an example; For every 10 people in an area(area size designed to prevent lag issues naturally) over a group of 20, decrease the amount of damage/healing they all do by 15%. That way, when a group has say, 60 people, they can only accomplish 40% of what they could were they all not grouped up due to their 60% effectiveness debuff. Then they will actually have incentive to act separately and objectively.
    Edited by Vynn on June 3, 2015 1:52AM
    Options
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    Hi everyone!

Starting now, during every ESO Live we’ll hold a Q&A where we’ll answer some of your questions about the game. All you have to do is post your questions in this thread and we’ll choose some to answer every two weeks on the show, though we do want to remind you to please be constructive with your questions. If you’re able to join us during the show, we’ll also take some questions from chat as well!

Thanks for your support, and we hope you’ll enjoy this new segment!

When you die as a result of a game glitch why the heck can't you get compensation for the BETA BUG that still exists?

I went into a refuge in reapers march under a building and fell to my death.
    I re spawned at the location to find myself in a desert looking up there were game NPC's walking around in the air.
    I took a little walk and came to the edge of land to look out at sky forward below, in front and above, I did not walk off the land below me in case I died again and caused an infinite loop of death something like what happened to me in the BETA exiting with the profit at the Anchor Mooring.

Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that weapon damage can be stacked much higher then spelldmg, and was it intended to make these "permadodge" builds part of the stamina pvpmeta?

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    grimsfield wrote: »
    -When are houses coming?

-Whats going on with storage space?

-Are you guys actively trying to fix the loading screen issues? Will you acknowledge them as more than just the result of players using addons?

Relating to loading Screens.

Loading screen issues exist without add ons.
    I decided to use addons as the loading screen issues are about the same with them or without them.

Please be aware regardless of the "Official Reply." this game appears to be still in a BETA stage of development as a final version would not have bugs but would have enhancements.
    The fact bugs, even beta bugs still exist make this clearly evident.

Thus making the game in some areas unplayable until another time.

Yes even today 3rd June 2015 some bugs that existed re loading screen issues and in game collision detection still exist.

And not forgetting the Crash and crash reports. I have had 4 last update. With current update/patch today I fell to my death opening a refuge access under a building in Reapers March and thus far two crash reports..

Regards.

Not sure there is a believable way for a player to be completely neutral.

The idea isn't a bad one, just not quite right for the way ESO is set up.
    Joining one of the bandit factions in Cyrodiil would work in terms of a story-based proposal, with the goal of looting soldiers as your "daily" bounty. This would make the Fighter's Guild bounty missions more interesting/they could be expanded, with more XP for more notorious raiders (justice system tie-in). No AP since you aren't in an Alliance.

Of course, this may still be a problem in other ways besides a offering a feasible story-based scenario in terms of balancing such a "fourth faction". Cyrodill is based on a three way battle for control, and bandits/raiders have no interest in that.

Options
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    ZOS_GinaBruno could you please look at including these suggestions into the game?

These suggestions are posted else where however it needs to be addressed by
    the ESO staff for implementation.

Ability to have 10 guilds instead of 5.
    Emails relating to sales stating the guild store item was sold at.
    List of Guilds you left so you can rejoin should a new guild prove less desirable.
    Guild requests show how many members they have and when created.
    Ability to rank Guilds list based on transactions performed with that guild.
    Tally of how many purchased and sold items displayed next to each guild.

Or if you know of any add on that can achieve these requests in full or in part
    please email me or PM me.

Thank you for reading my request.
    Edited by giinoz2011rwb17_ESO on June 3, 2015 8:09AM
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When will we see new content?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Will we have more of eso plus stuff i read somewhere earlier on the forums [ i think gidriock said it im not sure ] about new ideas for eso plus monthly treasure maps and other cool things i would enjoy to see

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
    Options
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When might we be able to see the faction trailer costumes you recently showed the artwork for?

Also, when might we expect to see new content after the console launches, and what will it be?
    Options
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since console will be going live soon, I would like to talk more about Wrothgar. Primarily will Wrothgar have end game content much like Trials? Giving solo players a change to obtain drop items like Master weapons and item sets. Or will it just be a open area to quest and explore.
    Edited by Tanis-Stormbinder on June 4, 2015 8:46AM
    Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a e 2 part book series from the old Daggerfall game, titled "Vampires of the Illiac Bay" detailing multiple bloodlines of vampires, each with a distinct region they controlled as well as a unique ability.Most of these families are said to be incredibly old, and the "Vampires of the Illiac Bay" books are written around the reign of Uriel Septim VII, roughly 800 years in the future, so it stands to reason that these bloodlines would exist. Being that the Illiac Bay region is one of the original TES games regions more or less fully fleshed out, is there any chance that we will see these families and that vampire characters will be able to join these factions and gain associated perks from them. Or perhaps are these families in hiding due to the Three Banners War?
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rng is really rough, especially for a solo player(Which I am not). Could they have access to some top tier gear suchlike; Completing Cadwell gold should give you choice of a master weapon or high grade armor piece suck as vicious ophidian. Also completion of new high level zones.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
This discussion has been closed.