Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• lancastert33ub17_ESO
    lancastert33ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hello I have some questions\requests

I love sitting and chatting with my fends and Guild mates at the taverns and inns all around but win ever we eat or drink we have to stand up to do so. can you set the eat and drink Emotes to work with sitting and standing so we don't have to leave are worm seats by the fire to have one more ale ?
    oh and on the topic of food and drink can you add meals of a food or drink or like a banquet of things that you can make for a large cost of materials and have it set out a table or totem of some kind so the hole Guild or group can share just be for a big dungeon or for a birthdays and weddings party and so on?
    and maybe a drunk affect after 6 or so alcoholic drinks in a row like blurred vision wobbling while walking and go in to drunk dancing win /dance?.
    love all the work your doing keep it up :blush:

p.s is this the right place to post this?
  • SilentCowz
    Will there be another Console beta?
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we see a early access to the console version like you guys did with the pc version?

Pretty sure you guys did promise this way back as we know it also helps slowly build the servers instead of one insane launch day.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brizz wrote: »
    Are there any plans to give criminals the option to cure vampirism and/or werewolf? Currently this is impossible with a large and un-payable bounty.

-Brizz

Why can't those with bounties cure it?
  • dbh.bsenb14_ESO
    dbh.bsenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I came back to ESO under the "old" Beta tester's invite.
    I have always felt that a "quest aware companion" (or more in Craglorn) was needed in various areas within ESO, as forming and maintaining groups was and remains problemattic. However, my experience in Neverwinter sored those thoughts. As of late and helping with ANNAs NPCs mod for Skyrim, my thinking has changed to having a set of behavior codes or policies might make "quest aware companions" not only possible in an MMO, but practical and offer an overwhelming game play experience.

The general policy is that zone stress limits any companions with a response "I'll catch up with you later" or there abouts.
    Only 1 companion initially (4 max) that the player is completely responsible for:
    1. The player designs the companion similar to the player method to maintain unique characters in the world space.
    2. The player then selects a behavior model
    3. The player is responsible for all training, armor, weapons, mounts and essentials.

Unique behaviors:
    1. First and foremost is the guide function and the companion is aware of quests and will warn you of nearby quests and activities.
    2. Also guide you when appropriate of violating linear chain quests "we should do "??" first"
    3. Assignments -hunt, forage and mine, shop, etc. and you lose them for a while.
    4. Revive -the companion can use soul stones to revive you and you can revive them as you would any player. May have to work on "intelligence" to do this correctly, as you may be near a killing blow and not risk reviving you untill nearby enemies or far away or dead.
    5. loot pick up "my bags are full" -fits with the assignment "do some shopping for me"
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about they add a new feature where after an emperor is dethroned, they are brought to one of the gates of the alliance from which the new emperor had dethroned them from. So then the new emperor would have the honor of choosing from a variety of execution methods for the recently dethroned former emperor, from which the alliance members could watch and celebrate! The former emperor should remained logged into the server until well after the execution.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot topic on the forums
    No text chat for consoles needs to be detailed.

As in how does one talk over 500 guild members?

How does on ask for help in the middle of nowhere without zone chat?

How will pvp work if everyone is shouting at each other?

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you ever going to do away with the terrible Q ring most of us find impossible to use during combat, rendering Alchemy completely useless to most of us?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Kitty8Khajiit
    Kitty8Khajiit
    ✭✭
    <3 Kitty is loving her pet kitten and panther, and adores her Senche-Tiger and -Leopard. Kitty has two questions for the esteemed Mages:

o:) 1.) When can this one have more feline companions; as well as more accompanying Kitty at once?

:) 2.) When can this one have a home of her own with an attached garden (maybe to grow jasmine and roses) where her pets and mounts can wander and interact, and Kitty can decorate with her shiny shiny found loot?

Kitty happily and hopefully awaits responses to these vital requests.
    May you walk on warm sands. =^..^=
    <3 Kitty, Kitty, KittyKittyKitty! =^..^=
    <3Adopt a tiger, we need to save Earth's Senches.
    <3http://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Tiger.aspx?sc=AWY1302WC922
  • yd1996preub18_ESO
    yd1996preub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is really just a request for future updates...

Would it be possible to have like some sort of in-game character customization where you can edit your character by changing their hair style/color, or changing their markings and what not, I just think it would be a nice thing to add... I know its not the biggest thing, but its a nice little detail that would make the game that much better for me, thats all.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three Cyrodiil questions, if you please (in order of importance):

Would it be possible to add the Campaign name to anything which involves being in Cyrodiil? For example, on the Group and Guild rosters, the Friends list, and the loading screens for Cyrodiil and its delves (and Imperial City, Sewers and Districts when they arrive). That way, we would know which instance friends are in when trying to group, and also which instance we are loading into if we logged out from some Cyrodiil delve six weeks ago and can't remember which campaign that delve is in.
    Example: References to "Breakneck Cave" changed to "Breakneck Cave (Thornblade)".

Would you consider adding map and compass icons for the Imperial Milegates and Bridges in Cyrodiil? (Most logically, this one: 20px-ON-mapicon-Gate.png) It would be useful for navigation if we could see where they are from a distance on the compass, like keeps, so we can go directly towards them rather than having to constantly check their exact position on the map.

There are 21 Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil which have map markers, 7 in each territory. Yet there are a number of other named Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil, some of which are bigger than those with icons (such as Rielle). Is there a plan/reason for those which were specifically given icons, considering there's 7 in each territory?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questions
    1) Will we ever see the Cadwell Silver and Gold quests amended so rather than a mystic dream we are sent by our own faction to the other zones to continue working for them, or are you planning on moving away from these quests and going to add in a different/better way to go from vet 1 to vet 11?

2) We know that Racials will be rebalanced when we get the species change option other than the least popular (crappy) species - so when will Argonians get better racial?

3) Will we ever see bigger choices on quests. While we have a few who will live who will die very few have any effect later in the game. Will this ever change. Will we ever get different story arcs depending on what we choose?

4) Lastly PvP is very tough for new Vet 1 characters mostly death followed by more deaths. Is there any plan to balance the VET campaign and make it a bit easier to get into and not have every keep/resource fall to the larger team of uber lv Vet14's in under 10 minutes?
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Starting now, during every ESO Live we’ll hold a Q&A where we’ll answer some of your questions about the game. All you have to do is post your questions in this thread and we’ll choose some to answer every two weeks on the show, though we do want to remind you to please be constructive with your questions. If you’re able to join us during the show, we’ll also take some questions from chat as well!

Thanks for your support, and we hope you’ll enjoy this new segment!

The only thing I want to know is when VR's are getting removed. My friends quit again after coming back for TU, and VR is the reason why. They want to jump straight to group content, but VR's are a barrier against that atm.

It's also getting hard for me to really find rationale for me to keep playing (much less keep paying for ESO plus) when it's boring as hell to grind the same cyrodiil quests day in, day out, and that's IF, IF, *IF* the towns are friendly to even quest in. Most days I don't even bother. VR's 11-14 just suck the fun right out of the game.
  • TheEmoVampire
    TheEmoVampire
    ✭✭✭
    can we have a dirty system? Like players choose one deity to worship from the Aedric and Daedric and they get a skill line that pertains to that deity, passives actives and maybe ultimates! I think this would be a great way to expand player play style and and more abilities to the game!
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the status of the enforcer system advertised at the guild summit, and when can we expect to see it go live?
    Edited by Delith on April 29, 2015 1:06PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you plan to make eso plus more worth while?

This is a hot topic on the forums after all.
  • Evilius
    Evilius
    Soul Shriven
    Hello!

Constantly brought up is the Race Change but seemingly always avoided mention is whether we will have Faction Change or not?

Personally i'd really like this feature as it would make sense to have in any MMO that has factions. Sure you can get to the other zones as you get higher level. But you'll never be able to play together with the people you want to play with if they are on another faction. I'd like to go where my friends are without having to redo all the months of work put into the character i have. Espescially with researching Traits. Which takes months.

Kind regards. An Evilius.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to mobile forum version and when can we have it back lol?
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We recently held a pretty Civilized discussion on animation canceling on the forums and a few things seemed to be common themes:

- While developers have embraced animation canceling there is relatively little information about it in game, tutorials, help menus, etc. Do you have any plans to give more visual queues or tutorial tips on animation canceling?
    - since animation canceling can shorten the duration of certain combination attacks, such as wrecking blow + critical charge, what is the purpose on some of these long cast times?
    - do you plan to offer alternative skills or mechanics to folks poor at animation canceling as an alternative to the current meta that requires it be used in most challenging fights or pvp?

Edited by HeroOfNone on April 29, 2015 6:31PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • nhaley54ub17_ESO2
    i've been following the game for quite sometime now. I remember there was once a class named The Warden. Are thre plans on releasing new classes?
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    Console Questions:

1. What major changes from the Beta to the Release version are taking place? How old was the Beta version we played?
    2. Have you been able to fix the LOD issues with characters textures taking a while to load in?
    3. Is the LAG being worked on?
    4. Was the Beta a success? What did you learn from the Beta that will make the Console launch better?
    5. It seems like there were not that many invites sent out, how comfortable do you feel the servers will hold up at launch?
    6. Will there be a way to toggle Auto Run in the console version?
    7. Now that people have played the Beta, there are more PC players wanting to migrate to the console version, will you open up a Character Transfer for those that did not sign up last year?
    8. Chat Box? Will it happen or at least provided and let users toggle it on/off at their choosing?

Thanks!

• Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A question on behalf on us mac gamers: How is the Face FX adaptation coming? I know it's not the most important thing to discuss, and I am fully appreciative of the work involved, but a simple 'yes, it's still in the pipes' and maybe a timeline would be oh so reassuring. The facial animation is such an important part of questing (for me, at least) and I'd love to hear an update. Thanks guys!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this 8th of may take a very long eso live focusing on Q and A because there are a insane amount of questions that need answers atm.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Im curious about information that was pushed out previously.
    1) I understand the need to not allow Veteran grinds due to how it influences Champion Points, But currently its not very enjoyable playing through Caldwells Silver and gold on my 6th VR toon. would ZOS ever consider changing how CP are earned, so its not tied to XP. By doing that we could return to the grinds of old and i wouldnt have to play the same story a 6th time. Or alternatively, are their plans to remove the VR as previously mentioned. if so whats the timeline on that?
    2) The great Nirn armor debacle xD I saw it stated that a change is planned for sometime after console release, but with nirn affecting Magicka builds so substantially in PvP maybe a bandaid is ideal for now. i dont want to negate the usefullness of nirn, but it shouldnt negate an entire magicka build. their are a million threads on this issue atm, however in everyone the ZOS representatives are saying a fix in essintially in june at the earliest. So basically are we being told to not bother PvPomg with our magicka builds for the next few months?
    3) i <3 the justice system and how the community reps try to interact with the player base on the forums. we need to keep that up! i think some back and forth via the forums really helps to assuage some of the feeling of our issues not being seen.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's set of questions come from the group of folks who want all their stuff fixed right meow damn it and assume that if it's not patched that no one cares about it.

- How does ZOS determine some of the prorities in fixing things and adding new content?
    - How many bugs and issues do you have logged to work on?
    - On average, how many bugs do you think ZOS fixes a month?
    - How soon till patch notes are up?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade Cloak - I noticed that when leveling up this ability, none of the ranks actually seem to do anything (no duration change, no cost change, no damage change, no anything).

This is the only ability that I know of that exhibits no change from Ranks I-IV or even after morphing the ability (I chose Quick Cloak).

Is this intended?
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can we expect cloaks in eso?
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys thought of a tier system to subscribing
    Each with there own set of benefits .

For a really detailed version that has support already.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/168807/multi-tiered-subscription-model-requesting-feedback#latest
    Edited by Heromofo on April 30, 2015 7:25PM
This discussion has been closed.