The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Hiker
    Hiker
    ✭✭
    Hello. Could one of you fine learned folks settle an argument please? Can I purchase (with AP) a Marksman Great Sword from the Hew's Bane Random Box Vendor in Cyrodiil?
  • MrFish024
    MrFish024
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get an update on the fixes to console (Xbox) trials?
  • Terror
    Terror
    ✭✭✭
    Can we please talk about adding attributes, this 3 attribute system causes far too much in favor of imbalance and cookie-cutter play styles. Plus it limits customization drastically compared to a larger attribute system.
    Edited by Terror on April 28, 2017 6:12PM
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I've removed the text because I put it in the wrong place.
    Edited by linzion on April 29, 2017 12:29AM
  • PapaSlatch
    PapaSlatch
    ✭✭
    What do we, as players, need to do to get you to make fixing console trials a priority? I would REALLY like an answer to this.
    Morgan LeFey - V16 Sorc - AD
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    For long term players should we expect more sweeping changes every so often to basic combat fundamentals?
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaSlatch wrote: »
    What do we, as players, need to do to get you to make fixing console trials a priority? I would REALLY like an answer to this.

we report the bugs in as much detail as possible. Ultimately they're responsible for fixing it. Honestly I think tht see bugs for vmol and put it on super low priority.
  • sirtadzio
    sirtadzio
    ✭✭✭
    As a follow up to the chat today, it was nice to hear that the devs all do play the game. I'd like you to extend an invitation to you all to join a raid with either of my raid guilds Epic Synergy, or What Mechanics. Either on PTS or on Live. Would be great to complete some HM trials with you guys in the group.
    PvE Healer
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just saw ESO live episode, Rich is not contributing much to the show but simply saying here and there!

I feels bit of disappointing on @Wrobel comments that classes should do similar to each other instead they should offer unique play style and bring uniqueness to the group!

Just listened to @Wrobel for first time, seems like he knows things around combat..

Players just troll him across forum!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 29, 2017 10:53AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw ESO live episode, Rich is not contributing much to the show but simply saying here and there!

I feels bit of disappointing on @Wrobel comments that classes should do similar to each other instead they should offer unique play style and bring uniqueness to the group!

Thats the biggest problem with this update.
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Where would we submit ideas? I mean productive ones like story lines, weapons , armor, architecture, etc.
    Forums is usually nonproductive + I don't want random people stealing my ideas.
    Directory please? I love TESO and would like to contribute some good suggestions. It could have gone anywhere else...

Thank You! Hope to hear from you soon.
  • ravenbirgil
    ravenbirgil
    Soul Shriven
    Will you bring the morag tong as a playable guild.........please
  • Bristol_Lad
    Question (Marrowind)

1) would this be free as part of the ESO plus membership?

2) would I be able to purchase the content using my crowns?

3) would I need ESO to play Marrowind or is this completely a new game?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Xbox one - EU.

Daggerfall Covenant.
  • Wir2ality
    Wir2ality
    why some pledges giv u 1 key and others 2 even though u run em all on vet??
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wir2ality wrote: »

is it not like that, that you receive 1 key for normal or vet and 2 keys if you read the scroll in the room of the last boss and activate "hard" mode with it?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Wir2ality wrote: »

is it not like that, that you receive 1 key for normal or vet and 2 keys if you read the scroll in the room of the last boss and activate "hard" mode with it?

Previous dungeons (pre one tamriel) like Wayrest Sewers 2, Fungla Grotto 2 etc. have their own mechsnism. There is no scroll available.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what are some of your favorite lines from "the guys"? Wrobel has to have some good lines, and Weathers too.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on May 3, 2017 9:08PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is fixing Cyrodill performance fixing ongoing???

You collected the hard data and than???

Breaking news it is getting unplayable due huge lag in recent days just in case you don't bother to play your own product. *sarcasm*
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »

Breaking news it is getting unplayable due huge lag in recent days just in case you don't bother to play your own product. *sarcasm*

Even PVE is lagging on console!
  • wolveman
    wolveman
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a question your dlc clearly says PvP and pve in the crown store for imperial city . It is not both in fact it's very misleading and frankly it's false .There is no pve game play at all.Another thing there's a lot of ganking past several months there's constantly blues and yellows hanging in front of ebonheart pact base in the sewers not allowing others to enter or leave there base .I even went as far as contacting Microsoft spoke to a customer service rep they told me to report them so I have . It's very annoying and very rude there doing this to.not only upset the other players but to bullying them to leave the server I know this I Decided to make a dc character just to ease drop listen so I heard a great many things from there mouths quite frankly it's to much to even post here it's that bad .Its a day to day basis they come to the base constantly harassing the other players then there posting it on the Xbox YouTube page .So I even had a few swear and insult me by voice and by message I had to report players and block them too.So what am asking is your company responsibility to follow-up on these things .There has to be some changes as I said your dlc does not have a pve area aromatic PvP.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wir2ality wrote: »

I can answer that, if you get one key instead of two, then you know that someone in your group had done something to fail the secondary objective for the entire team.

such examples include the following
    • being instructed to defeat vila theran in fungal grotto II on veteran without entering the aura of the obsidian husk, you get two keys, someone walks into it to protect themselves, the group fails & you get one key.
    • leaving four wraiths alive in crypt of hearts II until nerien'eth draws the ebony blade will net you two keys, if there is less than four, the group fails & gets one key.
    • Leave three daedroth alive while killing High kinlord rilis to get 2 keys, less than three, you fail & you know the rest, only one key.

Always read the bonus challenge in each vet dungeon & tell the team accordingly that you are doing a , they will do what they can to complete the bonus challenge & everybody (In the group) wins, if they don't, then they are simply not fit to do group dungeons.
    Miswar wrote: »

Even PVE is lagging on console!

Make sure you do not have too many quests built up in your journal as the game has to read them & too many quests can ultimately slow your game down to a near stand still. (Something about the random access memory.)
    @wolveman wrote: »
    Here's a question your dlc clearly says PvP and pve in the crown store for imperial city . It is not both in fact it's very misleading and frankly it's false .There is no pve game play at all.Another thing there's a lot of ganking past several months there's constantly blues and yellows hanging in front of ebonheart pact base in the sewers not allowing others to enter or leave there base .I even went as far as contacting Microsoft spoke to a customer service rep they told me to report them so I have . It's very annoying and very rude there doing this to.not only upset the other players but to bullying them to leave the server I know this I Decided to make a dc character just to ease drop listen so I heard a great many things from there mouths quite frankly it's to much to even post here it's that bad .Its a day to day basis they come to the base constantly harassing the other players then there posting it on the Xbox YouTube page .So I even had a few swear and insult me by voice and by message I had to report players and block them too.So what am asking is your company responsibility to follow-up on these things .There has to be some changes as I said your dlc does not have a pve area aromatic PvP.

I am not much of a PvP person, but I can say this: It is probably best to just change your campaign the next time to further avoid that particular campaign & do something else, it helps to remain silent than to be caught in a verbal crossfire between honest gamers & people who try to upset others through any means necessary. also, the PvE part of Imperial city is mostly the Daedric incursion & the craft stations as well as some other things that I do not quite know, as I said, I am not much of a PVP'er.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Skipperowski
    Skipperowski
    Soul Shriven
    1. Why are you destroying that game? You're introducing very poor content quality to the game, for example dlcs like thieves guild, shadow of the hist. Morrowind propably will be a paywall, beacause you're forcing players to pay extra 40$ (same price like for the basic game) for content, which was already created in 2014 (battlegrounds, warden class). In my opinion you should introduce battlegrounds as free content, and allow people to buy Morrowind DLC for crowns (also it should be included in ESO PLUS) and propably allow people to unlock Warden class also with paying with CROWNS for that. Your're making patches with "fixes", which are bringing even more and more bugs. Streak bug for example was well-know on pts, before previous patch, but you didn't do anything with that before live release. You introduced new patch with that and you didn't see any problem with that at all. Same with hundreds of the other bugs.

2. What about your banhammer politics? You've banned people for cheat engine, then few days later unban them.... WHY? Now you're banning people without good reason, based only on what someone said. I reported many people for much worse reasons, and they didn't get banned.

Example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJKcqFHhsg
    I really liked that guy, and you banned him, because he was running with white robe and torch. Pathetic.

3. When will you introduce player friendly content? Give players chance to create a content, allow them to have influence on the world, how it changes etc. If you want to be best, you have to farm special items for hundreds of times doing the same dungeons or other things over and over. It's boring and it's not a good content. To be honest there is no good content for the end game. Quests are not that bad, but people can do them 2-3 times, after that they're boring, because you know them.

4. What about pvp? Will you introduce new points of interest? To many players are in the same places and it's causing a huge lag. By introducing new points like resources with a tower and flag nearby you will allow players to split more on the map.

5. You didn't reply to my previous post. LINK HERE: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3792648#Comment_3792648
    Edited by Skipperowski on May 8, 2017 9:40AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolveman wrote: »
    Here's a question your dlc clearly says PvP and pve in the crown store for imperial city . It is not both in fact it's very misleading and frankly it's false .There is no pve game play at all.
    The entire Imperial City storyline is PvE content. And if there was actually no PvE gameplay at all, then nobody would ever have any Tel Var stones.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

2. What about your banhammer politics? You've banned people for cheat engine, then few days later unban them.... WHY? Now you're banning people without good reason, based only on what someone said. I reported many people for much worse reasons, and they didn't get banned.

Example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJKcqFHhsg
    I really liked that guy, and you banned him, because he was running with white robe and torch. Pathetic.

You have to be kidding me. Acts like this needed to be immediately stopped. Maybe a permaban is not the right response but acts of political extremism, racism and emulation of facist behaviours need to be addressed even when done on a joking manner, because the line between a bunch of teenagers fooling around and the promotion of hate is very thin.
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • Skipperowski
    Skipperowski
    Soul Shriven
    In my opinion, the permaban punishment for being dressed in white robe and for holding a torch is pathetic. Most of people in that game are dressed in robes, because they are mages, and yes, they can roleplay with a torch. Whatever. I do not understand that everywhere you see racism.

If there is no word violence, references to aggression or other pathologies, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, if i will stand afk with a torch in my hand in a pve zone, and if someone will kill npc (doesn't matter what race, because it's a stupid npc!!!!!!!) next to me, will zenimax permaban me? Because i'm wearing allways the robes (i'm mage OFC) and i will have a torch? It's pathetic, i can't belive that how people can be so blind and dumb. That is only a game and you can't compare it to real life, because nothing here is real!!! We can kill or assassinate a npc, without thinking about it even. We have a dark brotherhood sect and people can roleplay with a Dark Brotherhood costume and make some kind of rituals. Race of target doesn't matter because like i said, it's a game... Will i be racist if i will kill breton or aragonian? OFC NO!

Stop this *** with racism.
    Edited by Skipperowski on May 9, 2017 7:20AM
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on someone to say that "we are aware that this game gives you pink weapons and are working on being able to change your weapons to something else".... Aka weapon dyeing.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the permaban punishment for being dressed in white robe and for holding a torch is pathetic. Most of people in that game are dressed in robes, because they are mages, and yes, they can roleplay with a torch. Whatever. I do not understand that everywhere you see racism.

If there is no word violence, references to aggression or other pathologies, then there is nothing wrong with that.

This is how you sound to me:
    "They are only a bunch of jolly shaved head guys with their right arm up, I don't see any problem, people have arms. They don't have to be facist just because they behave like facists".

If you watch the video, you can judge by yourself. They were not roleplaying with robes. They were emulating a ritual, of course for the fun of it, but if you are so childish to make fun of the *** rituals, then face the consequences or a permaban. If this was to happen in person and I would witness it, don't doubt for a second I would interviene.

• Skipperowski
    Skipperowski
    Soul Shriven
    I don't see anything wrong with that video. I'm watching it. They made a kowtow emote then they killed a NPC next to them. It could be a aragonian or breton, doesn't matter, because it's only a ingame race. You cannot compare it to real life. Drama is only because that npc had a black color of skin.... and i don't know why people in USA are freaking out, without reason. So maybe i shouldn't fight against redguards now, i shouldn't duel with them, because i will be a racist? LIKE I SAID IT"S A INGAME RACE AND YOU CANNOT COMPARE IT TO REAL LIFE.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, could you please stop nerfing sets, which people spent hours of farming????!!!

Could you please buff the other sets instead?????

recent patch notes:

Burning Spellweave: Decreased the proc chance to 15% from 20%, and decreased the Spell Damage bonus to 525 from 600.

Developer Comments:

Burning Spellweave is currently one of the most dominant Magicka DPS sets in the game, which limits diversity in set gearing. We’ve slightly reduced the proc chance and Spell Damage it grants so it is more in-line with other Item Set options, and is only a more attractive option when you are using many Flame Damage attacks.
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with that video. I'm watching it. They made a kowtow emote then they killed a NPC next to them. It could be a aragonian or breton, doesn't matter, because it's only a ingame race. You cannot compare it to real life. Drama is only because that npc had a black color of skin.... and i don't know why people in USA are freaking out, without reason. So maybe i shouldn't fight against redguards now, i shouldn't duel with them, because i will be a racist? LIKE I SAID IT"S A INGAME RACE AND YOU CANNOT COMPARE IT TO REAL LIFE.

Yell in caps all you want but they were a bunch of people holding torches and in white robes emulating a *** rally. The issue is not the roleplay, is what they are emulating.

This discussion has been closed.