Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Patch v1.5.3 – What happened?

• Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why I expected anything else. ZOS is, after all, a sister company of Bethesda.

Bethesda makes wonderful games, but relies on the community to fix the thousands of bugs that come with them via unofficial patch mods. Sadly, that does not work with an MMO.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hire the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch Mod" guys. They fixed your sister company's game for free, now pay them to fix yours please.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
    Options
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the last step in the process, today’s patch encountered a problem where it unintentionally reverted back to a “last known good” version instead of proceeding with today’s patch.

The "last known good" version was 1.4 can we have that back please?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the last step in the process, today’s patch encountered a problem where it unintentionally reverted back to a “last known good” version instead of proceeding with today’s patch.

I'm surprised that the last known good version had some fixes from patch 1.5.3 but not all of them. Shouldn't the last good version be 1.5.2 with all things broken supposed to be fixed in the next patch not just some things fixed some left broken?

Anyway, Master Chief Collection is out today, so I'll probably be busy. Hope you fix it tough. Got 174 days left to make me happy :)
    Options
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the communication, this is a great step in the right direction.

It would seem that you have some serious investigation to do with your Patching team with two huge errors in as many days!
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +15 Communication Regeneration

Nice to see an explanation of the weirdness.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I appreciate your effort to explain, OP, I have to point out that a failure on the part of the QA/Certification system to even identify a proper version number or spot check a source code for changes in the changelog as they are annotated is pretty shoddy at best.

Those of us who understand most of the principles of how large scale programming compiling is done, are frankly shocked at how something like this even made it off of a test environment without someone noticing the primary features listed in notes werent even from the same version.

Of course, I am not privy to how exactly your compilation/certification/push is set up, but in the most generic of senses, someone didnt do a simple quality evaluation (please tell me this isnt automated) before a live certification to push.

Any project manager of mine would have been fired or suspended for something like this. This would be like rolling out a new vehicle off the production line to the public without making sure there was an engine under the hood. (especially with the red flag thrown up by the EU fiasco the day before)

Also "last known good version" used in this context gives me the willies, as that is a phrase used during system restore in windows. Its as if youre saying your patch server suffered a hard fault, crashed, rebooted, and it was allowed to proceed even though no one checked to make sure it hadnt rolled back to a previous date.
    Edited by Rylana on November 11, 2014 11:56AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the EU patch didn't take either.

What's the reason now?
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
    Options
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    This is just getting ridiculous now, can't play the character I want because of constant bugs with this game and all I get is excuses from lazy people who don't give a rats ass about their customers. This game is just going to continue to lose subscribers, I am willing to bet that it will be completely dead within a year because most people will get fed up with being treated like crap. Blizzard has a much better game, treats its customers well, and bends over backwards to help customers who are having problems. I am still waiting for a phone call from 3 days ago from zenimax..... I feel this company just wants my money and could care less about me actually being a satisfied customer. I am done with this game.
    Options
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the explanation. Let's try to keep these as a regular thing. :D I'm disappointed about the patch release, of course, but I can be a little patient if you guys can continue to be open about mistakes.

For the rest of you: it's none of your business who did what. We don't need a witch hunt every time something happens. Let's get past the mistake and hopefully by admitting it they won't repeat it.
    Edited by Spottswoode on November 11, 2014 12:00PM
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "During the last step in the process, today’s patch encountered a problem where it unintentionally reverted back to a “last known good” version instead of proceeding with today’s patch."

ROFL I'm going to use this one, you have a good marketing department.

I wish they's roll back to 1.4 as 1.5 is a complete joke and we all know it.
    Quest XP sucks big time and if all they do is give a little more for killing mobs then it means farming mobs endlessly until you get the required XP.
    So much for levelling up faster...NOT
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winnower wrote: »

What's the reason now?

They already said they were gonna patch out the same patch (broken) to Euro server last night.
    My only guess at this is that it would stop the NA server peeps complaining that we could still play on Euro server whilst they cannot.
    Why have half the player base able to play when you can have all of the player base at the same point....paying to play a broken game. :\
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the explanation. Let's try to keep these as a regular thing.

That's kind of sad that as a paying customer nowadays you appreciate a company explaining errors rather than making the effort to prevent any error.
    Options
  • Sheaden
    Sheaden
    ✭✭✭
    I literally can't even. When it comes to leveling, I can't. Seriously though, I'm exceeding the XP required for VR12 and I'm stuck at VR11.

s6aWd7Z.jpg

This patch is what brought me back to ESO recently as the veteran leveling was supposed to be far less grindy than it was previously. Now I can't progress at all. One step forward-two steps back.

Please ZoS help me even.
    Edited by Sheaden on November 11, 2014 12:07PM
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the explanation. Let's try to keep these as a regular thing. :D I'm disappointed about the patch release, of course, but I can be a little patient if you guys can continue to be open about mistakes.

For the rest of you: it's none of your business who did what. We don't need a witch hunt every time something happens. Let's get past the mistake and hopefully by admitting it they won't repeat it.

They haven't admitted it thou, they gave a VERY lame excuse and hoped we would buy it (which the fanboi's did). This would not happen unless they are using some very cheap software indeed, and I mean very cheap....
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »

What's the reason now?

They already said they were gonna patch out the same patch (broken) to Euro server last night.
    My only guess at this is that it would stop the NA server peeps complaining that we could still play on Euro server whilst they cannot.
    Why have half the player base able to play when you can have all of the player base at the same point....paying to play a broken game. :\

it happened to us on EU on Sunday...we couldn't play but NA could
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the reason now?

it happened to us on EU on Sunday...we couldn't play but NA could

You not realised they don't care about the Euro server yet? They have to keep the NA server (partially) happy or they get grief from above. :\
    Euro server is just the naughty ginger step-child.....lol.
    Options
  • Blinks
    Blinks
    ✭✭✭
    Listen to me very carefully ZOS....bring back high XP boss grinding to allow those that don't want to quest for example myself, because if you don't do something quickly you're gonna loose people playing the game. Running around clicking on an NPC's to talk to sucks, wastes my time and hurts my finger holding down the "W" key as I have to hold it down for so long. I wanna get v14 and go PvP and help fight in Cyrodiil, be able to loot trial runs, receive a v14 piece of gear from an undaunted key chest but I cant because you wont allow me to level the way I want to level my character. All I ask is allow those that don't want to grind easier questing XP and those that don't want to quest the option to go to Craglorn and farm repeatable mobs over and over again for an hour or so. At least then we can hit top veteran rank and start doing end game stuff like trial runs and being able to complete achievements or completing our gear sets to kick a$$ :)
    Edited by Blinks on November 11, 2014 12:43PM
    ESO, "play your way", As long as its light armor and staff

v14 DK (Re-rolled to NB, because DK is easy-mode)
    v12 Duel Wield Khajiit NightBlade (Re-rolled again to play ranged DPS) Snipe spam

Main v9 Bosmer NB Archer (Can't hit v14 due to ZOS screwing with XP)
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the announcement! much appreciated :smile:
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • SonofThunder
    SonofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    I think every subscriber should be given free days representing each day since 1.5.2 was applied. This is nonsense.
    Options
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

This is exactly how i feel right now. Couldn't play all day Sunday and now most of the fixes mentioned won't even be in tonight's patch. Surely it's pointless taking down the European server tonight? May as well wait until Thursday considering hardly any of the mentioned fixes are actually in 1.5.3.

This is hilarious! Lmao!
    He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
    Options
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

This is so hilarious ! Thanks Orchish!
    He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think every subscriber should be given free days representing each day since 1.5.2 was applied. This is nonsense.

A nice thought...but who want free days for a game that doesn't work any more?
    Options
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't care about free days, but I would appreciate an XP boost.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
    Options
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »

That's kind of sad that as a paying customer nowadays you appreciate a company explaining errors rather than making the effort to prevent any error.

Because screaming venomous hatred at the FORUM STAFF will fix anything wrong with the game. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect ZOS to fix the d@mn game. But I'm glad that the forum staff now admits there are problems. On that note......
    They haven't admitted it thou, they gave a VERY lame excuse and hoped we would buy it (which the fanboi's did). This would not happen unless they are using some very cheap software indeed, and I mean very cheap....
    You probably don't speak American. I'll translate:

Somebody made a mistake. We can't assign blame because that would invoke horrifying black magic called "Civil liability". As opposed to being sued so far into Oblivion Peryite wouldn't be able to find us, we're going to use legal parlance to basically admit we screwed up.
    Rodario wrote: »

Agreed.
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because screaming venomous hatred at the FORUM STAFF will fix anything wrong with the game. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect ZOS to fix the d@mn game. But I'm glad that the forum staff now admits there are problems. On that note......

Somebody made a mistake. We can't assign blame because that would invoke horrifying black magic called "Civil liability". As opposed to being sued so far into Oblivion Peryite wouldn't be able to find us, we're going to use legal parlance to basically admit we screwed up.

Agreed.

Here's my attempt just to fuel a silly argument and distract every one from the game..."American" is not a language...the language is English. Its just that Americans don't use it properly...hahahahaha....and lol
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.

Here's my attempt just to fuel a silly argument and distract every one from the game..."American" is not a language...the language is English. Its just that Americans don't use it properly...hahahahaha....and lol

Actually in several states American is the officially recognized language.
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on November 11, 2014 3:13PM
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fed up with excuses....
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

American or American English?
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Agreed.

gggrrr...this isn't fuelling nearly enough response to be a distraction from not being able to login to the game...I dread the thought of sorting through all my hireling mail by the time this gets sorted...I need a lie down
    Options
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Agreed.

and there you have it...putting a 'z' in the word recognised....my point is made
    Options