The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Worst Change in this Patch

Tripwyr
Tripwyr
✭✭✭✭✭
Mail now has a confirmation before deleting. This adds another step to deleting the excessive mail received from PvP.

This is not a troll thread, I am livid that these changes keep getting added without the option to disable them.
Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WIth three V12s Im sure you can find the time to accept the confirmation messages.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're "livid" about pressing an extra button?
    ----
    Murray?
  • squshy7
    squshy7
    ✭✭✭
    ...are you serious?
    It's *literally* one more keystroke.
    At the moment, you're hitting E then X repeatedly, to take attachments then delete. Now, the rhythm will go E, X, E...
    This...is a non issue.
    In order of conception:
    Castnia Ashwind VR14 Nightblade; original Day 1 Vampire, bloodfiends, not bought. You're probably in my family tree.
    Jul'eh Kaleh VR14 Templar
    Lysnta Ashwind VR14 Sorcerer

Awaken
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    WIth three V12s Im sure you can find the time to accept the confirmation messages.

It doesn't matter how much time an individual has to play the game. Even if you have all the time in the world to play, while you are playing, you want that time to be spent enjoying the game and its content. Opening PvP mail is a pain as it is (such a pain I hardly bother any more...) with having to get the box, open the box, sell loot to vendor.

This seems entirely unnecessary to be honest. It is impossible to delete mails that actually contain something anyway, so why add this feature?
    squshy7 wrote: »
    ...are you serious?
    At the moment, you're hitting E then X repeatedly, to take attachments then delete. Now, the rhythm will go E, X, E...
    This...is a non issue.

It's not a non-issue when you have hundreds of PvP mail to open. It's a royal pain in the backside.
    Edited by Garion on September 15, 2014 3:49PM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One button can make all the difference in the world. It's why I use Winrar instead of 7Zip.

Would be nice to have an option to disable this change, but I'm not fretting over it.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, the worst change was their flip flopping on night's silence and not addressing the storm they created because of it.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why it was necessary, but if this is the worst this patch has to offer, then I'm looking forward to it.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the vengeance leech set no longer working in cyrodiil was pretty stupid tbh. You get them in pvp reward bags. Why isn't it allowed to be used in pvp?
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »

It doesn't matter how much time an individual has to play the game. Even if you have all the time in the world to play, while you are playing, you want that time to be spent enjoying the game and its content. Opening PvP mail is a pain as it is (such a pain I hardly bother any more...) with having to get the box, open the box, sell loot to vendor.

This seems entirely unnecessary to be honest. It is impossible to delete mails that actually contain something anyway, so why add this feature?
    squshy7 wrote: »
    ...are you serious?
    This...is a non issue.

It's not a non-issue when you have hundreds of PvP mail to open. It's a royal pain in the backside.

Much as I HATE agreeing with the Nerevarinie, you have GOT to be kidding me. THIS...is so upsetting to you that you thought everyone would love to hear about it on the forums? No, no, no...you have simply established yourself as someone who PvPs too much and then complains when you have to spend, at most, even with "hundreds of PvP mail to open," another 30 seconds to execute. Get over it.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bees83 wrote: »
    I thought the vengeance leech set no longer working in cyrodiil was pretty stupid tbh. You get them in pvp reward bags. Why isn't it allowed to be used in pvp?

well, glad I didn't decide to wear that set like I was planning.

Yes this change is ridiculous and dumb. I think you guys don't quite understand what that one keystroke does. See if you have 100-200 mail you have to get the item from then delete, you now have to press 100-200 more buttons in total.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys could stop blobbling around in giant zergs protected by an AoE cap. That will fix your 200 box issues I think.
    Edited by c0rp on September 15, 2014 4:04PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's certainly an annoying change. Both if you PvP and if you have top-level hirelings on several characters...
    The Moot Councillor
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys could stop blobbling around in giant zergs protected by an AoE cap. That will fix your 200 box issues I think.

apparently you need to lrn2pvp if you think that's the only way one accrues a large amount of boxes.

Just because you don't know how to earn ap doesn't mean that is the case for everyone else.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes this change is ridiculous and dumb. I think you guys don't quite understand what that one keystroke does. See if you have 100-200 mail you have to get the item from then delete, you now have to press 100-200 more buttons in total.

Which will take you less than the 30 seconds I mentioned, since your finger is already ON the "E" key anyway.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »

Which will take you less than the 30 seconds I mentioned, since your finger is already ON the "E" key anyway.

Incorrect. Anybody who has needed to open as many bags as we do knows the spam clicking the open-delete spot is faster than E-X. This prevents that.

Sorry to those who do not earn as many mails as groups like mine do, but 100 bags/day is a lot and this means it takes ~50% longer to open them.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is, it's an unnecessary extra step. Especially with how quickly mail can accrue.

If there was an option to turn it off I would be fine with it, but as it stands I am forced to sit with my hand cramping for twice as long just to clear my mail box.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get, easily, 50-100 a day from sales, and alt hirelings. I know exactly how long it takes to click e-x. About a half-second per email, unless I need to read it. E-x-e will take at most 1/2 again as long. Do the math. Shut the front door. And stop complaining about a non-issue.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Livid over a trivial change in a video game? Nerd world problems.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get, easily, 50-100 a day from sales, and alt hirelings. I know exactly how long it takes to click e-x. About a half-second per email, unless I need to read it. E-x-e will take at most 1/2 again as long. Do the math. Shut the front door. And stop complaining about a non-issue.

I don't really care if your mileage varies, tbh. You are not the only person this patch is based around, as much as that may surprise you.

It's extremely inconvenient and utterly unnecessary.
  • Scamandros
    Scamandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much as I HATE agreeing with the Nerevarinie, you have GOT to be kidding me. THIS...is so upsetting to you that you thought everyone would love to hear about it on the forums? No, no, no...you have simply established yourself as someone who PvPs too much and then complains when you have to spend, at most, even with "hundreds of PvP mail to open," another 30 seconds to execute. Get over it.

You clearly either aren't worthy and don't get rewards or you have a enslaved argonians pushing keys for you, you filthy pve'r

Regardless, it is annoying when you have stacks of them to clear through. imagine going about your pve...stuff... and every item you came across became stuck to you whether you wanted it or not. Now you cant just ignore it, because it shuts down your mail system for having too much in your inbox so that it hinders other gameplay.
    When you finally get the time to stop and deal with this mail atronarch that has appeared you have to make multiple breaks to empty your inventory of these bags as you go through deleting them. On top of that the mail has become that clingy colleague who cant take a hint. "Are you sureeee you want to delete me? I can just hang around in your inbox, you wont even notice me!". But there is 100 of them crying in unison.
    You keep button smashing like a pro, but there is too much mail, too many keys to press, too little finger. Theres blood all over the keyboard and you cant keep going any more. The mail is not taking its rejection well, it becomes unified and heaps together into a critical mass seeping through time and space; it has become an elder scroll! Which as a pvp'er we end up fighting over, creating even more rewards for the worthy!!!!!!!

It is a viscous cycle which should not be underestimated
    Edited by Scamandros on September 15, 2014 4:29PM
    Aeryj
    Fantasia
    Blades of Vengeance

Mighty Eagle by serjustin19 for your viewing convenience.
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle.
    I fell out of my nest

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech I screech
    but no one hears me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I started to wonder off
    I want to come back but lost my way.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came face to face
    Of Mighty Lion

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came to fall in love with Mighty Lion
    Who's claws is sharp and just

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    Mighty Dragon Came

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Dragon roared aloud
    Who's mighty paws make earthquake
    that quivers underneath our feet

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Soon battle rages
    Between the Mighty Lion and Mighty Dragon

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    My heart grows heavy
    For who do I belong in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continue to battle.
    But Battle I must do within myself

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech, I screech
    Long and hard. I made a fuss

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    As if I was dreaming

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I heard a screech
    But suddenly, I attack Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle had to defend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know I was fighting for Mighty Lion
    So I fought back.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I attack I attack
    But to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    The Mighty claws who's mighty claws
    Felt unnatural to me and very clumsy to me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Why I have chosen to not stay with you
    I do not know. I am complicated at that.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have destroyed Mighty Eagle
    My own kin in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I crawled into a ball
    Weep to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Lost in my whirling thoughts
    My heart and mind is clouded

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have served Mighty Lion over a year
    I thought Mighty Lion is were I belong anew

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I finally contacted
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle says they love me
    In reality I love them also.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continued to clash
    At Mighty Eagle however

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    But clashing with Mighty Eagle
    Just not feel right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have made a wrong choice I now believe
    Terrible and unjust of what I did

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    For am I not a monster
    For attacking a faction who loves me instead

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I was wrong
    Mighty Eagle was right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Come. Please take me back Mighty Eagle
    For I believe I now know

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Were I truly belong
    For indeed I thought

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    That Mighty Lion
    Is were I belong.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    O how I was so wrong Mighty Eagle
    I was gravely wrong and such a fool I was.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    You have met
    Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine who attacked
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know this was wrong
    And so to does Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    With our clashing together
    I now know were I truly belong in Scourge PS4 EU I believe.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Have you all not heard
    The famous saying. That is very wise and so very true?

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Let me repeat the famous saying
    that is very wise and so true

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    It is
    My Enemy, Enemy's, Enemy's
    Is my friend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I come to thee Mighty Eagle
    And so to Princess Justine.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Who used to serve Mighty Lion
    But Now serve Mighty Eagle
    For the very first time in her career.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and are one in the same
    Were I go. She will go to. For she believes it is right choice

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    We are all yours
    O Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    No one else but you
    I feel peaceful. Unafraid

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I belong to you O mighty Eagle
    I am so relieved to hear myself to say that

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and I

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Now flies and fights alongside with Mighty Eagle
    Who's Mighty talons stand for sacred Freedom

Written by Serjustin19
    Written on this day
    September 27. The day when My troubled mind is not clouded no longer.
    In the year of my troubles end
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scamandros wrote: »

You clearly either aren't worthy and don't get rewards or you have a enslaved argonians pushing keys for you, you filthy pve'r

Regardless, it is annoying when you have stacks of them to clear through. imagine going about your pve...stuff... and every item you came across became stuck to you whether you wanted it or not. Now you cant just ignore it, because it shuts down your mail system for having too much in your inbox so that it hinders other gameplay.
    When you finally get the time to stop and deal with this mail atronarch that has appeared you have to make multiple breaks to empty your inventory of these bags as you go through deleting them. On top of that the mail has become that clingy colleague who cant take a hint. "Are you sureeee you want to delete me? I can just hang around in your inbox, you wont even notice me!". But there is 100 of them crying in unison.
    You keep button smashing like a pro, but there is too much mail, too many keys to press, too little finger. Theres blood all over the keyboard and you cant keep going any more. The mail is not taking its rejection well, it becomes unified and heaps together into a critical mass seeping through time and space; it has become an elder scroll! Which as a pvp'er we end up fighting over, creating even more rewards for the worthy!!!!!!!

It is a viscous cycle which should not be underestimated

^^This is what I'm talking about. This guy gets it.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Incorrect. Anybody who has needed to open as many bags as we do knows the spam clicking the open-delete spot is faster than E-X. This prevents that.

Sorry to those who do not earn as many mails as groups like mine do, but 100 bags/day is a lot and this means it takes ~50% longer to open them.

Wow, a whopping 30 extra seconds? That must be taxing.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do get where the OP is coming from. Dumb people that click without reading are the reason why these changes keep happening. They should've made the prompts optional though, most other games realize that people don't enjoy extra clicks for things that they have to do over and over and over again so they give these players the ability to toggle them. ZoS didn't get the memo...

Soon we'll get confirmation screens for the confirmation screen.

Please confirm by filling out this confirmation form that you no longer wish to receive confirmations for your confirmations. This confirmation form will expire in 3...2...1...
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on September 15, 2014 4:42PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've let my mailbox become a black hole of endless 'rewards for the worthy'. It's been maxed out at 255 for months. Wish they'd just deposit the gold into my account or something.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP clearly said he was "livid that these changes keep getting added without the option to disable them." So, livid about a policy or pattern of behavior, not this specific incident per se.

This change, by the way, is not "an extra button". It's an extra button "times" all the email filling your in box---which can translate to hundreds or thousands of "extra buttons". It adds up, and it certainly would have been nice, and trivial, for them to simply put a setting: "Delete email confirmation" in the settings.

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slam the guy if you like, and you seem to, but every warning UI GUMP should have the option to never see it again - to say, you have indeed been warned.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP clearly said he was "livid that these changes keep getting added without the option to disable them." So, livid about a policy or pattern of behavior, not this specific incident per se.

Fine, but still it's absurd to be livid over a video game at all, ever.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »

You pay money for it, no reason you can't be livid over how that money is spent.

I am livid about other things in the patch personally. I get miffed if my method of entertainment is modified in a way I am not pleased with.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »

Perhaps. But few of us haven't succumbed to anger over issues or problems or stupid decisions in a pasttime that we spend huge chunks of time engaged in and feel strongly about. Just as people have, and always will, get angry about sports, televisions shows, internet forums, slow traffic, etc. etc. etc.

But not all of us can be as centered as you obviously are, Oh enlightened one!

Edited by daneyulebub17_ESO on September 15, 2014 4:54PM
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO must be doing great if this is the biggest complaint we can come up with! :smiley:
    Edited by Aoife32001 on September 15, 2014 7:33PM