The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

ZoS, when will you back out the Night Silence/Dark Stalker nerf?

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with ZOS, as a NB, 180% run speeds are a bit out of line, and have no place in the game.

why?
    Options
  • ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Xanthro wrote: »
    This was so obviously an unintended stacking/feature that I can't believe people tried to center their builds around it and are now complaining that ZOS fixed it.

How the hell can it be unintended? It's like saying, I'm going to add 15 to 25 and be surprised when it is now 40. It's not as if it is 60. The math is very simple and basic.
    The speed adds up exactly as the math states it should. If it were faster, than the math says it should be, then there would be an exploit, but having number add to what they are can't be unintended, especially because people crunched the numbers, supplied them to the programmers, provided feedback and real time data in Test, and had it acknowledged it was working as intended.
    That you are the other whiners think there is something unintended in moving in stealth faster than a slow horse is ridiculous. So you pretend that somehow math adding up according to basic mathematical rules is somehow unintended.

From a dev team that frequently puts "Fixed issue with Mundus Stones" in the patch notes with nothing getting fixed I wouldn't be surprised.

But things get missed, things get over-looked, and sometimes bugs are created but they don't know the ideal way to fix them yet. I won't pretend to know what goes on behind their scenes.

Referring to me as a whiner is a bit assuming also, considering when the complaints came in about the NS set, I didn't say anything. In my opinion, the sneak speed didn't appear intended and was even a bit immersion breaking for me. But aside from that I felt no negative effects from other people using it and would not have cared if they did not fix it.

I think the fix was just, but I wouldn't have complained if they left it.
    Options
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did not agree, it's illogical that anybody is able to sneak that fast.
    Just hope that rapid maneuver and speedpotions will still stack and be satisfied with it.

Also, 90% will unsubscribe? boohoo
    Options
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its too bad that the forum search is so weak, but there is at least one thread with ZOS_GinaBruno confirming that stacking (in general) is SUPPOSED to be allowed. In this case, its Night's Silence + Concealed Weapon.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/125116/night-s-silence-concealment-sneak-speed-boost-bug

Quote from Gina:
    Roger that - passing this one along. Thanks, and good find!

Thanks for confirming that stacking of speed boosts is INTENTIONAL BY DESIGN, Gina Bruno!

Was that a serious copying of her quote? That was her response to someone spotting a bug that caused the speed buff to drop..
    hamon wrote: »
    This was so obviously an unintended stacking/feature that I can't believe people tried to center their builds around it and are now complaining that ZOS fixed it.

You are factually incorrect. As was stated many times, ZoS said the speed stacking was intentional. Then some whiney crybaby whined and cried on the forum, and a forum Mod (not a Dev mind you, a Moderator) said they would "fix" it, and now its nerfed.

Again, this is not up for debate in this thread. If you want to talk about whether it should or should not be allowed, go to another thread. This thread is to discuss the impending end of ESO as an MMORPG based on whether this nerf is reversed in time or not.

Do you have a source?

heres one source its from a direct query between aliendiplomat and ZOS just before 1.3 went live 3 weeks ago

I just wanted to ask for confirmation, before I spend tens of thousands of gold on something that will be useless next week...

I recently tested out the new Night's Silence set which increases sneak speed, and combined with the vampire passive Dark Stalker, you can achieve some truly impressive stealth sprinting!

I realize this is lost as soon as you enter combat, but still for scouting and general movement around the world it is excellent.

However, people have been telling me that you are nerfing this so soon after giving it. That you will prevent the two and others from stacking, or cap sneak speed far below what is currently offered by just these two combined.

So, rather than speculate I thought I would seek an answer directly from the source.

Can you offer any comment? I won't bother making this one of my epic or legendary sets if it is slated to be nerfed.

Thanks!

Response:
    Spoiler:
    Greetings!
    And thanks for contacting us concerning the rumors. I love giving some clarity where I can~

As it stands, I cannot release any information on future additions and adjustments to the game content that hasn't already been released. However, that should be enough to confirm the rumor false. Any plans for readjusting armor would be properly announced and we haven't released any information like that.

We did make a few adjustments to sets that you may have seen under the Item Sets section of the Patch Notes. And that does include fixing [Night's Silence]'s functionality and clarifying it's bonus percentage, but nothing in terms of adjusting its actual quality of the armor.

These are the only readjustments we have slated and patched at the moment.
    So hopefully that's helpful information for you!

This does not confirm, to me anyway, that the feature was 100% intended. She outright says she cannot provide future details on what was going to be done about it, especially since she isn't a dev. All she says here is at the time there were no concrete plans to nerf anything, but did not claim it was totally intended and would not be touched.

jesus christ we arn't dealing with politicians using double talk here. we,re supposedly dealing with devs who we pay through means of our subs ffs.

if asked a direct question and thus given the opportunity to state if its working as intended or not , they dont take that opportunity to say its not intended then that means it is.
    where they were leaving ground was that maybe sometime in the future it might be changed again from one intentional amount to another. That isnt the same as saying we might 3 weeks later decide its actually bugged for working exactly the way it is when we let it go live.

Options
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Reading is hard. I guess people really will see what they want. I don't see a confirmation in any of the quoted material. But keep trying.

Again, I invite you to start a new thread if you want to talk about whether or not speed buffs SHOULD stack.

This thread has established it as a fact, and is asking ZoS about when they will be reverting the nerf. Again, please respect the thread.
    Options
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do u prefer to fight against someone using stealth speed bonus stacked or damage bonus stacked? or damage mitigation bonus stacked? do u rly think stealth speed is op? ppl two shots with other builds, man.... wake up
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so you want a cheap way to travel faster than anybody who paid 42k gold + 50x250 gold + 50 days of time?

There should be a reason for Horses ingame. Also vampirism is out of hand. You get way too much benefit for being a vamp. Especially in PvP. This needs to stop. I dont wanna play [snip] "Vampire: The Masquerade". I wanna play The Elder Scrolls Online!

And in TES the vampires have always been a minority. Not a majority as it is here. This just brings it more in line and even makes you think of staying a vamp or not. Its still OP as hell.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]

Again with the crying, "Vampyrs r 2 OP!!!1!"

The fire damage alone makes up for the fact that being a vampire....wait for it *GASP* gives you some advantages.

What do you people want? A skill line that is nothing but a detriment so you can feel all powerful as mortals? Where in any vampire mythos does it say anything even remotely close to that?

The things that make Vampire OP has absolutely NOTHING to do with Vampire. It has to do with the Class skill lines and in rare cases other skill lines that THAT particular player happens to have.

For instance, if the vampire is a Sorcerer - he can put points in the Power Stone passive that BLANKET reduces the cost of Ultimate abilities by 15%.

If that person happens to be an active Emperor, they get +100% Ultimate gain with the Authority Passive. THEN if they put points into Combat Frenzy they can gain 25 Ultimate for every player they've killed.

Hypothetically you could also tack on Banish the Wicked from the fighters guild that will give an additional 9 Ultimate when they kill enemy players that happen to be Vampires or Werewolves if they have the Skilled Tracker passive.

Then you can tack on Invigorating Drain as the their Health Drain morph which also gives Ultimate as it gives health.

Combine ALL of this with the benefits to Magicka and Magicka Regen of wearing Light Armor and the defensive bonuses of maxing out Sword and Board and you have an UNSTOPPABLE force.

NONE of which is the fault of the Vampire skill line.

/dropmic
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on September 4, 2014 6:09PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave Vampire and Night's Silence alone.

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    for a start it wasnt ginabruno it was from a ticket sent to zos not a mod.. the other source you seem to want to challenge might have been ginabruno tho. but there was a whole thread i cant seem to find where again it was stated it was working as intended... so unless your going to call everyone who read that thread or who contacted various zos people directly liars perhaps you should just accept we arn't liars.

Apologies about assuming it was GB, had the other thread stuck in my mind and just assumed, you're right.

And a lot of people saying something is true does not make it true. Facts are not determined by popularity, so no I will not accept that you are telling the truth just because the source may be difficult to locate. I've tried to search for the post also and have not found it (haven't had much time to look, though).

I am not also calling you all liars, I'm simply holding off on believing in something without some proof to show me otherwise. The burden of proof is on those who make the claim, not those who oppose it.
    Options
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take it to another thread, please.
    Options
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for a start it wasnt ginabruno it was from a ticket sent to zos not a mod.. the other source you seem to want to challenge might have been ginabruno tho. but there was a whole thread i cant seem to find where again it was stated it was working as intended... so unless your going to call everyone who read that thread or who contacted various zos people directly liars perhaps you should just accept we arn't liars.

Apologies about assuming it was GB, had the other thread stuck in my mind and just assumed, you're right.

And a lot of people saying something is true does not make it true. Facts are not determined by popularity, so no I will not accept that you are telling the truth just because the source may be difficult to locate. I've tried to search for the post also and have not found it (haven't had much time to look, though).

I am not also calling you all liars, I'm simply holding off on believing in something without some proof to show me otherwise. The burden of proof is on those who make the claim, not those who oppose it.

so youve seen a source where ginabruno had the chance to say it wasn't working as intended but chose not to

youve seen a source where a direct question put to ZOS in a ticket did not evoke any sort of response indication it might not be working as intended.

youve heard lots of anecdotal evidence to back up the fact that ZOS were completely aware of how it was working before going live, and let it go live none the less.

and yet your saying you don't accept it was deemed working as intended when they let it go live.
    This isnt a court of law stop being a jerk and demanding proof. Nobody is trying to fool anyone here.

Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't make me separate you two. I will turn this car around I swear to all things Holy.

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭

so youve seen a source where ginabruno had the chance to say it wasn't working as intended but chose not to

youve seen a source where a direct question put to ZOS in a ticket did not evoke any sort of response indication it might not be working as intended.

youve heard lots of anecdotal evidence to back up the fact that ZOS were completely aware of how it was working before going live, and let it go live none the less.

and yet your saying you don't accept it was deemed working as intended when they let it go live.
    This isnt a court of law stop being a jerk and demanding proof. Nobody is trying to fool anyone here.

I'm sorry that the way I handle discovering the truth is inconvenient for you. Just because it is not explicitly stated that something is not working as intended does not always mean it IS working as intended UNLESS explicitly stated it IS working as intended. This is the proof I'd require to adjust my stance, and regardless of my searches and yours, there has not been proof of this statement existing, so I reserve my judgement until that time.

Anecdotal evidence is useless, to be honest.

But this is getting very far off topic, barely about the game anymore. My stance won't shift until proof is provided or I can find it, and that's that.
    Options
  • rashkosh127ub17_ESO
    and will cause the failure of ESO due to 90% of the player-base unsubscribing if it goes live

Thanks for the chuckle.
    Options
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and if the main complaint is the speed you can move from one place to another then BE needs removal from the game entirely.

it is hands down the fastest way to move bar none.
    it can be used in combat
    it stuns any pursuer.
    you can use it while wearing the best DPS sets in game
    Edited by hamon on September 4, 2014 6:37PM
    Options
  • Xanthro
    Xanthro
    ✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    did not agree, it's illogical that anybody is able to sneak that fast.
    Just hope that rapid maneuver and speedpotions will still stack and be satisfied with it.

Also, 90% will unsubscribe? boohoo

It's illogical to sneak that fast?
    Yet it is logical that an herb takes up as much space as a trebuchet?
    It's logical that a person carries around a horse, and 5 catapults, 10 boiling oils, and 5 forward camps?
    Here's logic, when you enter stealth you are in another dimension where you can sprint faster than in the normal World, but if you get detected it drops you out of that World.
    There is no logical that can be used so that an herb and a catapult take up the same amount of space. It's done for game design, not to be logical.
    Options
  • Braddass
    Braddass
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing they could do is just get rid of Vamps. Some of them have gotten so used to god-mode, and are never going to be happy when things are balanced.

Edited by Braddass on September 4, 2014 7:29PM
    Options
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    you guys who dont like it seem to be missing the point.. THEY WERE ASKED MULTIPLE TIMES before 1.3 went live with nights silence stacking , WAS IT INTENTIONAL OR NOT. they said it was and let it go live... now whther you agree with that is by the by ,
    what is important is that loads of folk spend heaps of money crafting these sets secure in the knowledge that it was intentional as confirmed by ZOS.

now they change their minds like a bunch of incompetant fools... that level of idiocy beggars belief imo. and will cost them subs including mine.

This is why most people will cancel their accounts if this goes live.

NOT because of this one nerf.
    But because ZoS Devs are demonstrating their incompetence.
    I don't pay for access to a game run by incompetents.

I canceled my sub because of what I'm seeing and not seeing in P1.4. This nerf is just another reason to cancel rather than to stay because if they nerf this combo who's to say it won't stop there.

Zos is incompetent and has no idea how to prioritize the game development for ESO.

Furthermore I see a lot of players canceling their subs for P1.4 not just because of this change and this will hurt the game a lot and I don't see it growing only depleting so by the time the console version hits, thats if it does it will fail horribly. If u look at all the reviews all over the net ESO has failed horribly, why?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 4, 2014 8:35PM
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
    Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you guys who dont like it seem to be missing the point.. THEY WERE ASKED MULTIPLE TIMES before 1.3 went live with nights silence stacking , WAS IT INTENTIONAL OR NOT. they said it was and let it go live... now whther you agree with that is by the by ,
    what is important is that loads of folk spend heaps of money crafting these sets secure in the knowledge that it was intentional as confirmed by ZOS.

now they change their minds like a bunch of incompetant fools... that level of idiocy beggars belief imo. and will cost them subs including mine.

This is why most people will cancel their accounts if this goes live.

NOT because of this one nerf.
    But because ZoS Devs are demonstrating their incompetence.
    I don't pay for access to a game run by incompetents.

I canceled my sub because of what I'm seeing and not seeing in P1.4. This nerf is just another reason to cancel rather than to stay because if they nerf this combo who's to say it won't stop there.

Zos is incompetent and has no idea how to prioritize the game development for ESO.

Furthermore I see a lot of players canceling their subs for P1.4 not just because of this change and this will hurt the game a lot and I don't see it growing only depleting so by the time the console version hits, thats if it does it will fail horribly. If u look at all the reviews all over the net ESO has failed horribly, why?

Cya. Can I have the winning lottery numbers? Oh ya . . . and your stuff?

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 4, 2014 8:36PM
    Options
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braddass wrote: »
    The best thing they could do is just get rid of Vamps. Some of them have gotten so used to god-mode, and are never going to be happy when things are balanced.

THis is true. As a recent level 10 vamp NB, it was just plain silly. Running around, with stygian (+20% damage on sneak attacks), super easy to get tons of sneak attacks...oh and then burning bat swarm and being invincible.

Was just silly...
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a button you press to have a Mod chime in with official word from the dev team. Since doing the whole @ thing only works if your lottery number was called.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on September 4, 2014 9:31PM
    Options
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Xanthro wrote: »

How the hell can it be unintended? It's like saying, I'm going to add 15 to 25 and be surprised when it is now 40. It's not as if it is 60. The math is very simple and basic.
    The speed adds up exactly as the math states it should. If it were faster, than the math says it should be, then there would be an exploit, but having number add to what they are can't be unintended, especially because people crunched the numbers, supplied them to the programmers, provided feedback and real time data in Test, and had it acknowledged it was working as intended.
    That you are the other whiners think there is something unintended in moving in stealth faster than a slow horse is ridiculous. So you pretend that somehow math adding up according to basic mathematical rules is somehow unintended.

I agree that it was not unintended that you could seek that fast. However just because it was not unintended does not mean that they might see it will be too OP for future content and needs to be nerfed.

But I do not see the big deal here... you all have to get new gear anyway as they rice the level cap to VR14. Or all you all planing to still use your VR12 gear and VR14?
    Options
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    and if the main complaint is the speed you can move from one place to another then BE needs removal from the game entirely.

it is hands down the fastest way to move bar none.
    it can be used in combat
    it stuns any pursuer.
    you can use it while wearing the best DPS sets in game

For all the PvP noobs... There are two skills in this game that makes that skill totally worthless. Immovable and stampeed or any charge skill from 2h, 1h + shield or templar skill line.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When was the last time ZOS backed out of a nerf due to tears, whining, and complaining.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so you want a cheap way to travel faster than anybody who paid 42k gold + 50x250 gold + 50 days of time?

There should be a reason for Horses ingame. Also vampirism is out of hand. You get way too much benefit for being a vamp. Especially in PvP. This needs to stop. I dont wanna play [snip] "Vampire: The Masquerade". I wanna play The Elder Scrolls Online!

And in TES the vampires have always been a minority. Not a majority as it is here. This just brings it more in line and even makes you think of staying a vamp or not. Its still OP as hell.

The fire damage alone makes up for the fact that being a vampire....wait for it *GASP* gives you some advantages.

What do you people want? A skill line that is nothing but a detriment so you can feel all powerful as mortals? Where in any vampire mythos does it say anything even remotely close to that?

The things that make Vampire OP has absolutely NOTHING to do with Vampire. It has to do with the Class skill lines and in rare cases other skill lines that THAT particular player happens to have.

For instance, if the vampire is a Sorcerer - he can put points in the Power Stone passive that BLANKET reduces the cost of Ultimate abilities by 15%.

If that person happens to be an active Emperor, they get +100% Ultimate gain with the Authority Passive. THEN if they put points into Combat Frenzy they can gain 25 Ultimate for every player they've killed.

Hypothetically you could also tack on Banish the Wicked from the fighters guild that will give an additional 9 Ultimate when they kill enemy players that happen to be Vampires or Werewolves if they have the Skilled Tracker passive.

Then you can tack on Invigorating Drain as the their Health Drain morph which also gives Ultimate as it gives health.

Combine ALL of this with the benefits to Magicka and Magicka Regen of wearing Light Armor and the defensive bonuses of maxing out Sword and Board and you have an UNSTOPPABLE force.

/dropmic

Crying? I am not even playing PvP that much. Its just boring to PvP when 90% you fight against are vamps and batswarms everywhere :p

I am a DK. So i cant care less about Vamps. I am just bored of em. Seems the downsides dont do anything or infact are even way to weak compared to the bonus. Otherwise there wouldnt be so many of em. It just makes the game boring. It should be a tough decision to go vamp or not. The passives alone dont would make me think twice to go vamp. At least in PvP.

For PvE i dont care at all. I just dont want em in my Guild. You wanna go Trials with us? Drop your Vamp!
    They die too fast. if they dont they stacked all fire res. And with that they lack DPS/Healing. (spell/weapon damage glyphs)
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP, if this much needed nerf will make you quit ESO......bye.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/dropmic

Crying? I am not even playing PvP that much. Its just boring to PvP when 90% you fight against are vamps and batswarms everywhere :p

I am a DK. So i cant care less about Vamps. I am just bored of em. Seems the downsides dont do anything or infact are even way to weak compared to the bonus. Otherwise there wouldnt be so many of em. It just makes the game boring. It should be a tough decision to go vamp or not. The passives alone dont would make me think twice to go vamp. At least in PvP.

For PvE i dont care at all. I just dont want em in my Guild. You wanna go Trials with us? Drop your Vamp!
    They die too fast. if they dont they stacked all fire res. And with that they lack DPS/Healing. (spell/weapon damage glyphs)

Vamps die too fast? LOLLL a good player can wreck you with and without Vamp, that is most likely why you don't step into Cyrodiil. You can run trials amazingly as vamps and without... fire resist glyph is needed yes (unless you're a dark elf).

Keep that in mind when talons takes a major hit, if you don't think talons and green dragon and all of those are ridiculously crazy, then you and I play two different DKs. Not that I mind it, I mean I'd rather them find more creative ways to balance classes but DK is far from balanced in line with the rest and at first I thought it was BS since I don't have a problem killing them but when I play a DK I am unstoppable... then again maybe I'm a much better player than you.

And LOL @ saying you don't want them in your guild, then don't recruit them. Who the hell would want to be in some nobody guild where the leader of it cries on the forums about wahhhhh I don't want them in my guild, they have a different method of fighting wahhhhhhh.

#L2P
    Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are claiming that in order to be relevant you have to be a Vampire? That is ridiculous and pure hyperbole. Trust me when I say, a good player will (most of the time) tell you that vampirism puts you in a disadvantage.

And do you honestly think that Bat Swarm (because there are so many people using it) is a problem? I usually hate saying this, but this is clearly an issue directly related with your experience and how you respond in said situation. If only inexperienced players could just relax with their complains and sit back and give the game some time, only then will you see what's real and what isn't, please stop throwing temper tantrums whenever something doesn't go your way. You are ruining the game. In general, I believe that the best approach is to strive for balance - but then simply accept a certain measure of imbalance and wait for a some time until players have adapted. This game must not turn into WoW, where the developers didn't have a strong vision and just couldn't resist people asking to have everything, homogenization of the classes was one of the nasty results.

Anyway, on topic -- I didn't invest in the set that much, I was almost certain that this wasn't intentional. It just felt like I was using some sort of speedhack while sneaking, kinda ridiculous. It should never have gone live, and they should pay better attention to that kind of stuff, because X amount of people invested heavily and are now losing gold. Maybe at this point they should just allow it, but add a small cap to the speed or something.
    Edited by Shagreth on September 5, 2014 1:47AM
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are factually incorrect. As was stated many times, ZoS said the speed stacking was intentional. Then some whiney crybaby whined and cried on the forum, and a forum Mod (not a Dev mind you, a Moderator) said they would "fix" it, and now its nerfed.

Again, this is not up for debate in this thread. If you want to talk about whether it should or should not be allowed, go to another thread. This thread is to discuss the impending end of ESO as an MMORPG based on whether this nerf is reversed in time or not.

Do you have a source?

heres one source its from a direct query between aliendiplomat and ZOS just before 1.3 went live 3 weeks ago

I just wanted to ask for confirmation, before I spend tens of thousands of gold on something that will be useless next week...

I recently tested out the new Night's Silence set which increases sneak speed, and combined with the vampire passive Dark Stalker, you can achieve some truly impressive stealth sprinting!

I realize this is lost as soon as you enter combat, but still for scouting and general movement around the world it is excellent.

However, people have been telling me that you are nerfing this so soon after giving it. That you will prevent the two and others from stacking, or cap sneak speed far below what is currently offered by just these two combined.

So, rather than speculate I thought I would seek an answer directly from the source.

Can you offer any comment? I won't bother making this one of my epic or legendary sets if it is slated to be nerfed.

Thanks!

Response:
    Spoiler:
    Greetings!
    And thanks for contacting us concerning the rumors. I love giving some clarity where I can~

As it stands, I cannot release any information on future additions and adjustments to the game content that hasn't already been released. However, that should be enough to confirm the rumor false. Any plans for readjusting armor would be properly announced and we haven't released any information like that.

We did make a few adjustments to sets that you may have seen under the Item Sets section of the Patch Notes. And that does include fixing [Night's Silence]'s functionality and clarifying it's bonus percentage, but nothing in terms of adjusting its actual quality of the armor.

These are the only readjustments we have slated and patched at the moment.
    So hopefully that's helpful information for you!

This needs to be copy and pasted into every thread and be drilled into ZOS team members heads. If you say something is ok to use do not change it less than a month later for those to lose mats and time spent crafting and or getting gold to run it.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt and move on or gtfo.

And for the record, yes, I have such a "travel set" that stacks with my vampire passive and lets me outrun horses while stealthed.
    I like it a *** lot and sure gonna miss it.
    However, it is overpowered and totally out of place and so obviously broken; was only a question when and not if it will go away.

As for returning mats costs... nah, not needed.
    You got a lot out of that investment and now its life time has expired. Move on to exploit the next big thing while that one will last.
    Options