The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

fix nightblades or subscriptions will be lost very soon.

• Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    The 10 dudes standing on a flag at a resource today, they got wiped by...wait for it, you guessed it a Nightblade. I'd bet they were thinking after they got wiped, yup those poor NB's are so weak, jeez they need a buff.

Immovable>Ambush>Bat Swarm>Sap Essence>Whirlwind (the last two get spammed) and then it's "Oh noes, they all fall down".

Yeah, NB's are out of balance. They need more buffs :D

Hmm.. Well don't you Think other classes could have done the same?

Immovable > X skill > Bat Swarm > X > X should work just fine
    Edited by Zubba on September 2, 2014 9:31AM
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CBA readingthe OP's wall of text but I am a NB, dual wield/bow and a medium armour wearer and I have no problems in Cyro. Sure I die sometimes but my K/D ratio is in the positive at the moment.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    got an idea. If u pvping, go light armor, destrostaff and vampire, use your swarm, and run into enemy + spam aoe. THATS the skill of eso pvp. It works for every class.
    I want to thank to ZoS that they made this game so decent that you dont need to do other than that. follow ppl with swarm and spam aoe. Maybe use speed pot so noone can run away lallalalaaa. lolZOS
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW im sure they lost many subs, and 1 more for sure now. ... ZoS
    Edited by Kypho on September 2, 2014 4:31PM
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to read that, so I'll just say this is a L2P issue concerning nightblades.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zubba wrote: »
    kijima wrote: »
    The 10 dudes standing on a flag at a resource today, they got wiped by...wait for it, you guessed it a Nightblade. I'd bet they were thinking after they got wiped, yup those poor NB's are so weak, jeez they need a buff.

Immovable>Ambush>Bat Swarm>Sap Essence>Whirlwind (the last two get spammed) and then it's "Oh noes, they all fall down".

Yeah, NB's are out of balance. They need more buffs :D

Hmm.. Well don't you Think other classes could have done the same?

Immovable > X skill > Bat Swarm > X > X should work just fine

Ya... Can see Immovable & Bat Swarm nerfs incoming.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    Poxheart wrote: »
    You didn't say anything about sword and board, I noticed. Or is it two hander? My best guess would be the bow Snipe build though, which is really as close to an Assassin NB that I could imagine not being a DW (which is where the NB passives lie).

I'm so glad ESO has gatekeepers like Desdemonte to tell all Nightblade players which weapons to use in order to play the class the right way.

I'm just saying that *most* people would see it as NightBLADE, not NightSTAFF when they come to this game looking for a stealth class.
    You didn't say anything about sword and board, I noticed. Or is it two hander? My best guess would be the bow Snipe build though, which is really as close to an Assassin NB that I could imagine not being a DW (which is where the NB passives lie).

I'm so glad ESO has gatekeepers like Desdemonte to tell all Nightblade players which weapons to use in order to play the class the right way.

I'm just saying that *most* people would see it as NightBLADE, not NightSTAFF when they come to this game looking for a stealth class.

You should try NightSwordnBoard. It works pretty well also.

Yeah, I know :( lol

Does it really matter what weapons you use? I expected to use a Destruction staff when I started this game as a sorc and I don't have a single skill point put into destruction. I use a Resto staff (because that is the best damage and the only way I have access to combat self-heals) and a Sword and Shield. I don't even have a sword and shield ability, I use it for the passives and the fact I can get 2 items for set bonuses off it.

The entire crux of your complaint seems to be with the fact you can't play the game the way you want it to work effectively. That's not how games work.

The best nightblades I can think of right now that I've faced are ALL running pure stamina builds. I don't know crap about night blades except how to counter their various incarnations but you don't have to be a staff using NB to be effective but every decision has a consequence.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would highly recommend you invest a few skill points in paragraphs.
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭

The entire crux of your complaint seems to be with the fact you can't play the game the way you want it to work effectively. That's not how games work.

Well, it's the way this game was *supposed* to work.

• Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    I'll shut up the naysayers right now with this.

http://i.imgur.com/ov8nOZ8.png

This was taken 4 days before Thornblade cycled.

DKs score 33% more than NBs do.

Sorcs score 25% more than NBs do.

Templars score about the same as NBs do, and if Templars were rewarded correctly for their healing, they'd be up there with the other classes.

NBs are NOT fine. Their defensive cooldowns suck. I can put the hurt down on people without the lame PvP stat, but I can't hurt most DKs as block and reflect mitigates all of my heavy hitting abilities. I can't hurt the Sorc blinkbatswarmers either.
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raeder wrote: »

Templars score about the same as NBs do, and if Templars were rewarded correctly for their healing, they'd be up there with the other classes.

NBs are NOT fine. Their defensive cooldowns suck. I can put the hurt down on people without the lame PvP stat, but I can't hurt most DKs as block and reflect mitigates all of my heavy hitting abilities. I can't hurt the Sorc blinkbatswarmers either.

The way you are playing your NB is not fine. The number one AD on chil right now is a NB.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You wont shut me up because my DK actually has less overall AP than my NB and my DK is my main. My templar is actually my highest ranker overall.

try again.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

You wont shut me up because my DK actually has less overall AP than my NB and my DK is my main. My templar is actually my highest ranker overall.

try again.

Your experience is not the average experience, and the leaderboards from last campaign prove it.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

try again.

Your experience is not the average experience, and the leaderboards from last campaign prove it.

Actually, the AD leaderboards on Dawnbreaker 2.0 had seven nightblades in the top 10, five of which became emperors, your argument is invalid.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, it's the way this game was *supposed* to work.

No this game was supposed to allow you to play how you want. And you can. The game is easy enough you can do most of the PvE content with whatever trash build you come up with. You can even do PvP however you want.

PvP however isn't so forgiving. It is impossible to balance every possible aspect of every possible combination of skills and classes so that if you faceroll your skill choices you'll be as effective as someone who carefully considers and chooses his skills based upon their synergies with their class and their playstyle.

That's in essence what you' asking and it's impossible as well as profoundly naive.

ESO is a PVE game. They have to balance the game around PVE first, PVP second where possible. The only way they could balance the game around PVE and PVP would be to disassociate the two by giving you different modifiers in PVP far more intrusively than the HP buff, range, and armor piercing we currently get.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is bloody laughable!

Clouding Swarm's invisibility doesn't stop NPC Guards from running up to you and melee attacking.

I sincerely doubt ZOS could program their way out of a calculator, atm.
  • Nefrast
    Nefrast
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, the AD leaderboards on Dawnbreaker 2.0 had seven nightblades in the top 10, five of which became emperors, your argument is invalid.

You can't prove anything with these numbers. The people on top could be there because they just play better than others. You would have to prove that they would not be able to reach these positions would they play another class with the same enthusiasm.
    Edited by Nefrast on September 5, 2014 11:24AM
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    As a medium wearing NB, I get better results with specific targets. I find sneaking around the back of the enemy and taking down their casters/healers works better for me. I can survive fairly well toe to toe with a DK, but usually in the end, I have to vanish and GTFO :)
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to have started recently...

Anyone else having the issue where mobs drop out of combat when using Shadow Cloak? It's especially bad with Dark Shades up.

And I'm not talking about trying to stun lock a mob repeatedly... it's happening to me on the first use of Shadow Cloak.

I'm also having mobs drop combat when using Aspect of Terror. A lot.

I can understand the devs not wanting people to just spam Shadow Cloak or Aspect of Terror, but making the mobs drop combat when using those skills seems really buggy to me. If they wanted to control it, why wouldn't they just use diminishing returns or timers?