The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

fix nightblades or subscriptions will be lost very soon.

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to start sounding like a broken record, however this is getting out of hand. the imbalances in the game are killing the pvp to such an extent that the only thing that is viable is wearing light armor and using a staff. I for one did not roll a nightblade to be a mage. I rolled a night blade because I wanted to be the stealthy backstab player that mages and healers need to be alert for as they hide in the back lines. and yes the stam based nightblade is slightly viable as a solo ganker. at v12 with gold and purple gear if I get the jump on someone and they are alone I can usually burst them down in a sec or two. however that being said if the initial burst doesn't kill them its game over. and im sure that there is going to be a troll somewhere telling me to get better. well whatever I can roll with the best of them. all im asking for is a little balance and for some things to be fixed that should not be broken. for as long as the game has been out there is no reason at all that I should be getting a glitch when I try to swap weapons in stealth. for some unknown reason dark cloak is not removing DoTs anymore, and now because of that little bug its really hard to break contact. why is it viable that everyone uses immovable when they don't even have one piece of heavy armor on. and why is there a skill that completely negates CC in the first place. when you look at the skill listing for players classes everyone has a viable defensive skill except nightblades. dks have reflective scale Templars have blazing shield and sorcs have more bubbles than I can count. why is it that nightblades get stuck with a chance to miss buff. a chance to miss lol why not just tell us to screw off and only give us 4 skills in that tree as that skill is completely useless. are ppl aware that streak is able to repeat stun on command. mages can streak u hit u with another skill and streak u again and rinse and repeat endlessly. im not trying to say that nightblades need to be the op class of the game I have a v12 nb and dk and im working on my sorc and temp now, my concern is that every other class has several different options available to it in terms of gameplay style where the only effective nb as of right now is wearing cloth and using a stick. im srry but I picked a nb to be as close to an assassin as I can get and im not the only one. its bad enough that the majority of players are cheap and will change their build to whatever is broken/overpowered at the time. but some ppl myself included want to be original and build a char that is all their own and play it their way and myself and the few others of like mind are getting screwed but the copy and paste crap spam builds every day its getting old fast. please fix this.

NB doing more dps with even more escape will kill subscriptions also ... I know of several nb builds that are dropping people in less then 2 secs almost insta death.. If they are hit they hit a invisiable/speed potion they achieve insane speeds in stealth with 3 speed stacks... They hit you from range and leave very quickly virtually no real counter to this build .. stealth potion are useless as they are hitting you from range... I have only killed these nbs by sheer luck... 99% of the time they get away... I have seen this build take a group of 4 out very slowly over a period of time... The group is unable to ever find them...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    Guys dont use one of the only class aoe skills that generates ulti and heals. Dont stand on your ulti that deals aoe dmg and gives you 60% dmg reduction... Dont think at all guys just spam snipe and venom arrow from stealth wooooooo...
    How does that even remotely compare to things like a DK or TP. Nightblades can do very well in the right groups, but you cannot honestly say that they are on par with the rest.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on August 30, 2014 5:22PM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Guys dont use one of the only class aoe skills that generates ulti and heals. Dont stand on your ulti that deals aoe dmg and gives you 60% dmg reduction... Dont think at all guys just spam snipe and venom arrow from stealth wooooooo...
    How does that even remotely compare to things like a DK or TP. Nightblades can do very well in the right groups, but you cannot honestly say that they are on par with the rest.

My guild says otherwise.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My guild says otherwise.
    If your guild says NB's compare to DK's and TP's then your guild has no clue.

• krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guild says otherwise.
    If your guild says NB's compare to DK's and TP's then your guild has no clue.

I guess so. :(
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... at v12 with gold and purple gear if I get the jump on someone and they are alone I can usually burst them down in a sec or two. however that being said if the initial burst doesn't kill them its game over.and im sure that there is going to be a troll somewhere telling me to get better. ...
    well sounds like a clear case of hi i´m scissor paper is fine but stones... bring them back in line! ;) i´m not saying you should lern to play but facing someone with your counter playstyle aka lengthen a fight should make you a hardtime! NBs have the options to fight the same playstyle and are then really deadly aswell but they then lack the ability to insta gib someone. choose wisley padawan ;)
    well whatever I can roll with the best of them. all im asking for is a little balance and for some things to be fixed that should not be broken. for as long as the game has been out there is no reason at all that I should be getting a glitch when I try to swap weapons in stealth. for some unknown reason dark cloak is not removing DoTs anymore, and now because of that little bug its really hard to break contact.
    well every class is having their fair share of bugs and glitches all of them needs to be adressed.
    why is it viable that everyone uses immovable when they don't even have one piece of heavy armor on. and why is there a skill that completely negates CC in the first place. when you look at the skill listing for players classes everyone has a viable defensive skill except nightblades. dks have reflective scale Templars have blazing shield and sorcs have more bubbles than I can count. why is it that nightblades get stuck with a chance to miss buff.
    last time i checked nbs awesome defensive ability makes them invisable and thus unattackable wich is even better than reflect or blazing shield...
    ...random whining... my concern is that every other class has several different options available to it in terms of gameplay style where the only effective nb as of right now is wearing cloth and using a stick.
    i´facing a lot off effective NBs with other setups (without ment to harm your feelings but maybe it is an actualtual l2p issue?)
    im srry but I picked a nb to be as close to an assassin as I can get and im not the only one. its bad enough that the majority of players are cheap and will change their build to whatever is broken/overpowered at the time. but some ppl myself included want to be original and build a char that is all their own and play it their way and myself and the few others of like mind are getting screwed but the copy and paste crap spam builds every day its getting old fast. please fix this.
    well i´m not sure what you expect. every game has its cookie cutter specs that change from time to time ESO is not different in this regard then any other game. maybe at some time your preferred spec will be topnotch are then changing your spec not to partake in its advantage? doubt so. but that doesent matter balance is an evolving part of every game and changes continously.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never comparing i was just pointing out a few things i thought people were overlooking. The main problem with the NB class is that 99% of the people already have it made up in their minds the kind of stlye they want to play. So instead of just coming up with different types of styles and builds that are outside the box, all we get are these super skilled stealthy bow NB builds.

I dont play a stealthy NB, and i have nothing to complain about. I fuck *** up
    Edited by krim on August 30, 2014 5:53PM
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play A LOT of nightblades, personally i think they're fine atm. I rarely have any issues if any at all.

TJGpUNQ.jpg
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffing Blur would go a long way. Everyone else has a defensive cooldown, why not us?
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was never comparing i was just pointing out a few things i thought people were overlooking. The main problem with the NB class is that 99% of the people already have it made up in their minds the kind of stlye they want to play. So instead of just coming up with different types of styles and builds that are outside the box, all we get are these super skilled stealthy bow NB builds.

Those super stealthy bow builds are sick..Marked Target +bow is just crazy ... when i encounter these there really is no fun in fighting them .. cant find them, unless they are making mistakes... if you do not hold block up your dead instantly... if you purge they just mark u again.. invisiable potions work sometimes.. however they just disappear again with invisabilty moving faster then 200% over 20% faster then the fastest horse in stealth..they just circle back and reset up....soon you are dead there is no fighting back...does not matter your class.. most of the time i just move to another location and just avoid them.. however more nbs are doing this its getting harder .. to me with no ability to fight back is game breaking...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Those super stealthy bow builds are sick..Marked Target +bow is just crazy ... when i encounter these there really is no fun in fighting them .. cant find them, unless they are making mistakes... if you do not hold block up your dead instantly... if you purge they just mark u again.. invisiable potions work sometimes.. however they just disappear again with invisabilty moving faster then 200% over 20% faster then the fastest horse in stealth..they just circle back and reset up....soon you are dead there is no fighting back...does not matter your class.. most of the time i just move to another location and just avoid them.. however more nbs are doing this its getting harder .. to me with no ability to fight back is game breaking...

As a sorc I'm pretty effective at catching and killing these kittehs due to ball lightning and magelight, but man I'd hate to fight those *** as a DK or Templar.

I think Krim hit the nail on the head. People need to diversify their builds because the build that 90%+ of the people out there are using....isn't very good.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Ok so i never die to just one bow ganker ever..

1. My health is 3.7k with food
    2. My Inpen is 700
    3. The second i get jumped i cleanse myself which heals me for about 1k. Go ahead fire another venom arrow and heal me for another 1k.
    4. Proceed to watch this bow user run away because he knows hes [snip].

The only chance these bow users have is 3 of them doing the same thing all rocking evil hunter.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on August 31, 2014 5:37AM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inefficacy:

1) lack of power to produce a desired effect
    2) Zenimax Online Studio's attempts to balance Elder Scrolls Online's PvP
  • zScars
    zScars
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to start sounding like a broken record, however this is getting out of hand. the imbalances in the game are killing the pvp to such an extent that the only thing that is viable is wearing light armor and using a staff.

I for one did not roll a nightblade to be a mage. I rolled a night blade because I wanted to be the stealthy backstab player that mages and healers need to be alert for as they hide in the back lines. and yes the stam based nightblade is slightly viable as a solo ganker. at v12 with gold and purple gear if I get the jump on someone and they are alone I can usually burst them down in a sec or two.

however that being said if the initial burst doesn't kill them its game over. and im sure that there is going to be a troll somewhere telling me to get better. well whatever I can roll with the best of them. all im asking for is a little balance and for some things to be fixed that should not be broken.

for as long as the game has been out there is no reason at all that I should be getting a glitch when I try to swap weapons in stealth. for some unknown reason dark cloak is not removing DoTs anymore, and now because of that little bug its really hard to break contact.

why is it viable that everyone uses immovable when they don't even have one piece of heavy armor on. and why is there a skill that completely negates CC in the first place.

when you look at the skill listing for players classes everyone has a viable defensive skill except nightblades.

dks have reflective scale Templars have blazing shield and sorcs have more bubbles than I can count. why is it that nightblades get stuck with a chance to miss buff. a chance to miss lol why not just tell us to screw off and only give us 4 skills in that tree as that skill is completely useless.

are ppl aware that streak is able to repeat stun on command. mages can streak u hit u with another skill and streak u again and rinse and repeat endlessly. im not trying to say that nightblades need to be the op class of the game I have a v12 nb and dk and im working on my sorc and temp now, my concern is that every other class has several different options available to it in terms of gameplay style where the only effective nb as of right now is wearing cloth and using a stick.

im srry but I picked a nb to be as close to an assassin as I can get and im not the only one. its bad enough that the majority of players are cheap and will change their build to whatever is broken/overpowered at the time. but some ppl myself included want to be original and build a char that is all their own and play it their way and myself and the few others of like mind are getting screwed but the copy and paste crap spam builds every day its getting old fast. please fix this.

i think mundos stones > nb fix

nbs can wait another couple months
    Founder of Incognito Merchants. Join us- head to our thread for more info. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121613/official-trading-incognito-merchants#latest
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Inefficacy:

1) lack of power to produce a desired effect
    2) Zenimax Online Studio's attempts to balance Elder Scrolls Online's PvP
    The ease with which such comments are made only show how little the poster understands of the difficulties concerning balancing a game like ESO.

Edited by Lava_Croft on August 31, 2014 5:33AM
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB just dont compare to any other class because they dont have things to really allow them to survive like other classes....
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB just dont compare to any other class because they dont have things to really allow them to survive like other classes....

I disagree wholeheartedly from experience.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to start sounding like a broken record, however this is getting out of hand. the imbalances in the game are killing the pvp to such an extent that the only thing that is viable is wearing light armor and using a staff. I for one did not roll a nightblade to be a mage. I rolled a night blade because I wanted to be the stealthy backstab player that mages and healers need to be alert for as they hide in the back lines. and yes the stam based nightblade is slightly viable as a solo ganker. at v12 with gold and purple gear if I get the jump on someone and they are alone I can usually burst them down in a sec or two. however that being said if the initial burst doesn't kill them its game over. and im sure that there is going to be a troll somewhere telling me to get better. well whatever I can roll with the best of them. all im asking for is a little balance and for some things to be fixed that should not be broken. for as long as the game has been out there is no reason at all that I should be getting a glitch when I try to swap weapons in stealth. for some unknown reason dark cloak is not removing DoTs anymore, and now because of that little bug its really hard to break contact. why is it viable that everyone uses immovable when they don't even have one piece of heavy armor on. and why is there a skill that completely negates CC in the first place. when you look at the skill listing for players classes everyone has a viable defensive skill except nightblades. dks have reflective scale Templars have blazing shield and sorcs have more bubbles than I can count. why is it that nightblades get stuck with a chance to miss buff. a chance to miss lol why not just tell us to screw off and only give us 4 skills in that tree as that skill is completely useless. are ppl aware that streak is able to repeat stun on command. mages can streak u hit u with another skill and streak u again and rinse and repeat endlessly. im not trying to say that nightblades need to be the op class of the game I have a v12 nb and dk and im working on my sorc and temp now, my concern is that every other class has several different options available to it in terms of gameplay style where the only effective nb as of right now is wearing cloth and using a stick. im srry but I picked a nb to be as close to an assassin as I can get and im not the only one. its bad enough that the majority of players are cheap and will change their build to whatever is broken/overpowered at the time. but some ppl myself included want to be original and build a char that is all their own and play it their way and myself and the few others of like mind are getting screwed but the copy and paste crap spam builds every day its getting old fast. please fix this.

You need to try different skills and build, there are a couple that are quit powerful for NBs that use medium armor.

My build currently lets me go toe to toe with a DK and win most of the time, even when they jump on me.

That build uses Medium Armor, DW, Flurry, medium armor evasion buff, blur, Aspect of Terror and Darkshades. Along with 2400 stamina. It is very defensive, while flurry does alot of damage when you attack a fear'd target running away. Fear goes threw block!

Also very effective the hit and run assassin. Medium armor with All + magika and spell damage. Ambush, Suprise Attack, Shallow soul.

Currently a stamina bow NB is umatched in single target distance burst kills which i am along with my DW build i first listed.

evasion and blur stacks?
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

You need to try different skills and build, there are a couple that are quit powerful for NBs that use medium armor.

My build currently lets me go toe to toe with a DK and win most of the time, even when they jump on me.

That build uses Medium Armor, DW, Flurry, medium armor evasion buff, blur, Aspect of Terror and Darkshades. Along with 2400 stamina. It is very defensive, while flurry does alot of damage when you attack a fear'd target running away. Fear goes threw block!

Also very effective the hit and run assassin. Medium armor with All + magika and spell damage. Ambush, Suprise Attack, Shallow soul.

Currently a stamina bow NB is umatched in single target distance burst kills which i am along with my DW build i first listed.

evasion and blur stacks?
    Don't think so, Blur seems more like a debuff (chance to miss) mechanic while evasion is a buffing mechanic (chance to evade). In the end you end up with 15% chance for enemy to miss, and 15% chance to evade.

#BuffBlur
    Edited by TheBull on August 31, 2014 6:01AM
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭

I disagree wholeheartedly from experience.

Let me guess:

Light Armour?
    Resto Staff?
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had sooo many NBs slip into invisibility that cant be uncovered with detection pots. I cant believe someone actually said they have no survivability skills. :P
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    90%+ of the people out there are using....isn't very good.

Does this not in itself scream that there is something fundamentally wrong, if the vast majority of NBs want to play the prototypical character, but it is a massive fail in comparison to outfitting your NB as though it was a Sorc?

I cannot fathom how NBs were so frigging powerful on the Beta PTS that they had to be nerffed so far into the dirt. It's enraging in how they went so overboard with the nerf, instead of going to a reasonable endpoint.
  • Renuo
    Renuo
    ✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »

Does this not in itself scream that there is something fundamentally wrong, if the vast majority of NBs want to play the prototypical character, but it is a massive fail in comparison to outfitting your NB as though it was a Sorc?

I cannot fathom how NBs were so frigging powerful on the Beta PTS that they had to be nerffed so far into the dirt. It's enraging in how they went so overboard with the nerf, instead of going to a reasonable endpoint.

NBs are awesome. You're doing it wrong. Maybe you are still playing the game pre 1.3??
    Edited by Renuo on August 31, 2014 6:59AM
    Dark Renuo - Nightblade - Daggerfall Thornblade
    Nightblade PVP - https://www.youtube.com/user/renuoz
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »

I was speaking of all classes in general, not just nightblades.

My easiest kills are people who try to glass cannon spec and that's what a lot of these NBs as well as many sorcs are doing.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Mograineb16_ESO
    Mograineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I only have 1 wish to make life better as nb, make cloak negate the effect of magelight.

Isnt mage light supposed to more like a general anti sneak, not a thing that completely destroys nightblades only tool for escaping a fight?
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    stupid topic and no paragraphs. no way i will read that.
    Marlic - Dragonknight - VR12 - Aldmeri Dominion - PvP Rank 29 - Ex-Emperor on Dawnbreaker - EU

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't think NB need buffs. Fix the broken things but that's all

If you play any other class you will see the grass isn't greener (except DK, but we all knew that).
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a Bow/DW/Med armor/Vamp NB and I seriously see no problem with the class as such. The ability to have the best burst damage and best single target CC in the game is really good in pvp.

Most of the time I use the bow which combined with stealth and NB passives become a deadly weapon, far more deadly than any other class can get with bows. But you also have some AE effects like the swarm or bombard which you can use to tip a tide if you can read the combat right (and be utterly useless if you try to stop a tide).
    DW + assassin + shadow abilities should enable you to have a decent chance against anything in close combat. But again if you don't kill them in the first 3 seconds then get the hell away, you cannot survive a face to face fight against anything.

The only problem I see with NBs atm is that because the class depend so much on split second combat working 100% then the lag problems you see on servers like Thornblade at prime time really is a problem for NBs in particular. If the perfect rotation don't land because of lag then all you have done is wasted, there is no way to recover from such a lag as a NB.
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    Just a couple changes that NB needs:
    - Fix Shadow Cloack like said in the dev forum (works fine now with Veil of Blades but still buggy with Caltroops, or Cripple)
    - Buff Blur ? 20%, 30 % ?
    - Path of Darkness ? Need to be more attactive

Do you think "haste" is good atm ?
    Edited by Crowzer on August 31, 2014 10:48AM