The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

fix nightblades or subscriptions will be lost very soon.

decado0024_ESO
decado0024_ESO
✭✭✭
I don't want to start sounding like a broken record, however this is getting out of hand. the imbalances in the game are killing the pvp to such an extent that the only thing that is viable is wearing light armor and using a staff. I for one did not roll a nightblade to be a mage. I rolled a night blade because I wanted to be the stealthy backstab player that mages and healers need to be alert for as they hide in the back lines. and yes the stam based nightblade is slightly viable as a solo ganker. at v12 with gold and purple gear if I get the jump on someone and they are alone I can usually burst them down in a sec or two. however that being said if the initial burst doesn't kill them its game over. and im sure that there is going to be a troll somewhere telling me to get better. well whatever I can roll with the best of them. all im asking for is a little balance and for some things to be fixed that should not be broken. for as long as the game has been out there is no reason at all that I should be getting a glitch when I try to swap weapons in stealth. for some unknown reason dark cloak is not removing DoTs anymore, and now because of that little bug its really hard to break contact. why is it viable that everyone uses immovable when they don't even have one piece of heavy armor on. and why is there a skill that completely negates CC in the first place. when you look at the skill listing for players classes everyone has a viable defensive skill except nightblades. dks have reflective scale Templars have blazing shield and sorcs have more bubbles than I can count. why is it that nightblades get stuck with a chance to miss buff. a chance to miss lol why not just tell us to screw off and only give us 4 skills in that tree as that skill is completely useless. are ppl aware that streak is able to repeat stun on command. mages can streak u hit u with another skill and streak u again and rinse and repeat endlessly. im not trying to say that nightblades need to be the op class of the game I have a v12 nb and dk and im working on my sorc and temp now, my concern is that every other class has several different options available to it in terms of gameplay style where the only effective nb as of right now is wearing cloth and using a stick. im srry but I picked a nb to be as close to an assassin as I can get and im not the only one. its bad enough that the majority of players are cheap and will change their build to whatever is broken/overpowered at the time. but some ppl myself included want to be original and build a char that is all their own and play it their way and myself and the few others of like mind are getting screwed but the copy and paste crap spam builds every day its getting old fast. please fix this.
D'ecado V12 Nightblade
Decado rahl v12 Dk
Officer of TKO
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy block of text
  • decado0024_ESO
    decado0024_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    maybe but if ppl don't understand the extent of the problem it wont get fixed
    D'ecado V12 Nightblade
    Decado rahl v12 Dk
    Officer of TKO
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    L2P...... learn to paragraph.
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is ruined again for me lately. Was working ok before the last patch I think but is now a joke. It will work properly about 1 in 10 times.

Other than that... whaaaa? Nothing to do with NB but stamina builds. Yes stamina builds suck a lot more but they're viable enough in PvP. It's worth the pain to be different.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wall of text crits you for 4,500 damage.
    Edited by Jaxom on August 29, 2014 6:03PM
  • Strakand
    Strakand
    ✭✭✭
    To reiterate... paragraphs please.

That being said. I am glad you aren't just asking for more dps because that isn't what NBs need.

The percent to miss is better than you present it.

I agree that immovable should require a piece of heavy to be used. In fact all armor skills should require a piece to be worn, just as weapons abilities require the weapon to be equipped.

Dark cloak should be fixed. It is unfair. But, it is also just as messed up that every class has issues with blink, charge, and leap abilities due to the game design.

I am not sure NBs need a damage mitigator, it doesn't seem to fall in line with their class. Perhaps a low cost speed boost would make more sense balance and class mechanic wise. A low cost speed boost plus dark cloak would be very very formidable.

Starting a thread title that says people will unsub is just begging to be trolled and not heard.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »

still less than Ambush damage lol
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pathfinder wrote: »
    L2P...... learn to paragraph.
    That ^^^
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't read it, my eyes started to hurt. My advice: reroll dk. ^.^
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mitrenga wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »

still less than Ambush damage lol

;)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    im not going to be an a****** and troll you over your wall of text. I agree with you. It saddens me to hear that cloak is STILLLLLLLLLL broken. you would think they would have fixed it in 5 months. ah well, all you can do is make do.
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to start sounding like a broken record, however this is getting out of hand. the imbalances in the game are killing the pvp to such an extent that the only thing that is viable is wearing light armor and using a staff. I for one did not roll a nightblade to be a mage. I rolled a night blade because I wanted to be the stealthy backstab player that mages and healers need to be alert for as they hide in the back lines. and yes the stam based nightblade is slightly viable as a solo ganker. at v12 with gold and purple gear if I get the jump on someone and they are alone I can usually burst them down in a sec or two. however that being said if the initial burst doesn't kill them its game over. and im sure that there is going to be a troll somewhere telling me to get better. well whatever I can roll with the best of them. all im asking for is a little balance and for some things to be fixed that should not be broken. for as long as the game has been out there is no reason at all that I should be getting a glitch when I try to swap weapons in stealth. for some unknown reason dark cloak is not removing DoTs anymore, and now because of that little bug its really hard to break contact. why is it viable that everyone uses immovable when they don't even have one piece of heavy armor on. and why is there a skill that completely negates CC in the first place. when you look at the skill listing for players classes everyone has a viable defensive skill except nightblades. dks have reflective scale Templars have blazing shield and sorcs have more bubbles than I can count. why is it that nightblades get stuck with a chance to miss buff. a chance to miss lol why not just tell us to screw off and only give us 4 skills in that tree as that skill is completely useless. are ppl aware that streak is able to repeat stun on command. mages can streak u hit u with another skill and streak u again and rinse and repeat endlessly. im not trying to say that nightblades need to be the op class of the game I have a v12 nb and dk and im working on my sorc and temp now, my concern is that every other class has several different options available to it in terms of gameplay style where the only effective nb as of right now is wearing cloth and using a stick. im srry but I picked a nb to be as close to an assassin as I can get and im not the only one. its bad enough that the majority of players are cheap and will change their build to whatever is broken/overpowered at the time. but some ppl myself included want to be original and build a char that is all their own and play it their way and myself and the few others of like mind are getting screwed but the copy and paste crap spam builds every day its getting old fast. please fix this.

You need to try different skills and build, there are a couple that are quit powerful for NBs that use medium armor.

My build currently lets me go toe to toe with a DK and win most of the time, even when they jump on me.

That build uses Medium Armor, DW, Flurry, medium armor evasion buff, blur, Aspect of Terror and Darkshades. Along with 2400 stamina. It is very defensive, while flurry does alot of damage when you attack a fear'd target running away. Fear goes threw block!

Also very effective the hit and run assassin. Medium armor with All + magika and spell damage. Ambush, Suprise Attack, Shallow soul.

Currently a stamina bow NB is umatched in single target distance burst kills which i am along with my DW build i first listed.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have very effective nightblades in pvp that don't wear full light or a staff I believe.
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a dk idk about this NB stuff.
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭

You need to try different skills and build, there are a couple that are quit powerful for NBs that use medium armor.

My build currently lets me go toe to toe with a DK and win most of the time, even when they jump on me.

That build uses Medium Armor, DW, Flurry, medium armor evasion buff, blur, Aspect of Terror and Darkshades. Along with 2400 stamina. It is very defensive, while flurry does alot of damage when you attack a fear'd target running away. Fear goes threw block!

Also very effective the hit and run assassin. Medium armor with All + magika and spell damage. Ambush, Suprise Attack, Shallow soul.

Currently a stamina bow NB is umatched in single target distance burst kills which i am along with my DW build i first listed.

Fear would be very powerful if enemies could not block during the duration.
  • Bushrat
    Bushrat
    ✭✭✭
    I play a NB and gank and zerg ball a lot... I have to switch a few things to zerg but my stamina build is very viable.... even though its a bit of a glass cannon... I agree with you! NB class needs some love. Templars and DK are the hardest to take down solo.

Character: Jannex NB Stealth Hunter
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dw/bow. Only a resto staff in my bag and I use all med armor. I have a 14.6 kill to death ratio and it has been going up. I am almost always solo.

I cant go in and take out a DK/Temp or a well played sorc every time but when I realize things aren't going my way I get out quick. I don't try and do what the class/build wont allow me to do but I make what I have work very well for me.

I couldn't read all of what you wrote because my eyes started burning but they do need to make cloak work correctly. Other than that the class seems not too awful bad.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    I rolled a NB thinking the Siphoning tree is closer to what I mainly play in MMOs. A life-draining, sustainable, tanky DPS character. At the moment, I'm feeling neither tanky nor sustainable.
    The issue really is that we lack healing or a shield. Things like GDB or Blazing Shield. Sure Strife can do A LOT of healing in a fight, but it's just not reliable, healing you for 60-ish per second. Plus, with the abundance of reflect (another thing DKs have we don't) in the game things can really start going bad.

Instead, we have to rely on a gimmicky, half-broken spell (Dark Cloak) that doesn't work most of the time.

That said, I'm having some moderate fun playing a sneaky assassin (which most of you will probably say is the class after all, I'd disagree, but it's a whole different topic) but in the end, it's getting really tiresome being a one trick pony, especially when you see some stuff other classes can pull.
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB's are broken? They seem awesome enough to me. Shoot the other night myself, 2 temps, a sorc, and a vet6 NB held our own against similar numbers of fully kitted vet 12s. The vet6 sort of served as a forward scout with his super uber stealth and only died a handful of times but otherwise was able to squeeze out and call for backup and we would respond. He even managed to peg an enemy vet12 NB a few times. I've died more times than I can count from said enemy vet12 (he seems to have it in for me) and NB's are very strong and well-rounded. If unkillable DK builds weren't so broken, less people would play DK to guarantee wins and try more out of the box builds. Just because you don't kill something flashy flashy in 2 seconds doesn't mean your build is bad.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk what you are on about. I have v12 sorc for Trials and PvP group work and a NB for ganking. The NB is awesome! 5 medium 2 light, Dual Wield and Bow. I have insane stealth dps even with it just hitting v1.

I see no reason to fix anything for the NB unless you want to make the costs less. It makes perfectly good sense to me the NB abilities use magica and the bow etc use stam.

Having the ability to use both pools for damage and escape is a very good upper hand.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have much of a problem with NBs. They can be nasty..but they have to work at it and catch me unaware. I mean to pull off their crits and big shots they have to attack from stealth etc..or team up with another NB. I think they're fine.(and no I don't have a Nightblade.)(and yes the number one class to kill me are nightblades.)
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBs kill me more than any other class. I hate those *** always slinking around with their puny bows and kitteh tails.

NBs aren't the only class with a ton of bugged skills.

I die several times a day because my blink simply stops working...it takes the magicka....yet no blinkey....and they only way to fix it is to relog and welcome to your 30 minute queue!
    Mages wrath execute proc is reflected by DK reflective scales.

Ball lightning doesn't absorb projectiles cast at me half the time (God what I'd give for reflective scales).

Then there are the non-class specific bugs. Unbreakable CC, knocked down through block etc.

This game isn't going to die because NBs are buggy... the entire game is a giant buggy mess!

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    [quote="ezareth_ESO;1237488"
    This game isn't going to die because NBs are buggy... the entire game is a giant buggy mess!
    [/quote]

^this
  • Iradicus
    Iradicus
    ✭✭
    I play a nightblade in pvp a lot. Im also wearing medium armour.
    Medium gives me my crits and stealth buffs that i need as my role, usually im there with a small ganking party where we need to get as much dps in a short as time possible.

Usually this works, hit and run tactics are what my NB is made for. They are not made to stand and fight (unless you have a very specifc build). And they can do a hell of a lot of damage without that silly lightarmour build that some like.

Camo hunter with lethal arrow againts vamps/ww'w, ambush and impale etc..

Yes ive noticed cloak is broken, i never use it myself anymore since being a vamp gives me mistform that actually does work quite well to get away. (unless the enemy knows what to do)

Most nightblade builds need to attack from stealth, this gives them a very hefty damage bonus and a small stun at the same time. Then if the enemy player reacts, change your tactics accordingly. Ive killed quite a few players solo as i adapted to their class/skills. If you face a sorc for example, venom arrow prevents them from casting quite a bit, if hes an OP vamp: silver shards make them feel quite a bit less OP quite fast.
    Lethal arrow is another great skill to open with: it does a great ammount of damage but also lowers their healing, which is great when they love to heal themselves mid fight.

Now i know nightblades cant stand in most even fights, but that is why they have ways to get out of a fight aswell. Get alchemy, some great potions can be made there which solo gankers will really love.

• WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    themizario wrote: »
    [quote="ezareth_ESO;1237488"

^this[/quote]

:/ somehow doesn't stop AD dominance....
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More like Notblades. Or Bugblades. The amount of randomness concerning whether your NB skill(s) will work or not is just plain annoying.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on August 30, 2014 2:03PM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe its the abilitys i use but i dont feel like my skills are bugged aside from when its lagging or im perma negate locked. When ever i get soul assaulted i switch bars and dark cloak it off. Works every time.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is ruined again for me lately. Was working ok before the last patch I think but is now a joke. It will work properly about 1 in 10 times.

Other than that... whaaaa? Nothing to do with NB but stamina builds. Yes stamina builds suck a lot more but they're viable enough in PvP. It's worth the pain to be different.

Whole problem is that DK can tank like a god and do dps. Lollars as you know templars can puncture+blaze+godheal so dps and a fkload heal. Sorcerer can teleport + stackshield+ do the magic (with heals). NB can do swallow soul/funnel in lollight armor and spam it, or go stamina but its not what it should be, so can do DPS? yes. enough to kill the tanking and shielders? maybe 4 times from 10. Can survive because NB has shield, or/and heal? No.... even swallow/funnel is broken.
    So ...
    DK: DD+TANK+great selfheal
    Templar: great DD with cc+umm DDtank(blazingspam)+heal...ohh no its HHHEEEEAAAALLL.
    Sorcerer: DD (with heal+cc)+dmgshield(and stacker) spammertank+teleporter
    Nightblade: average DD, self HoT what is a lol, cloak what is a joke and bugged

Overall, NB is a BIIIIIIG crap compared to others. OFC you can spam swallow soul when hidding behind a zerg, or ambush other NBs because they have crap.. ohh no its ZERO shield, a joke abount of heal, but 90% you wont kill a battleready other class at all. and most templar can heal your dmg and blaze you out of tamriel after you failed your ambush.

But anyone cares? I think not. It is ZENIMAX who gives a sht.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iradicus wrote: »
    I play a nightblade in pvp a lot. Im also wearing medium armour.
    Medium gives me my crits and stealth buffs that i need as my role, usually im there with a small ganking party where we need to get as much dps in a short as time possible.

Usually this works, hit and run tactics are what my NB is made for. They are not made to stand and fight (unless you have a very specifc build). And they can do a hell of a lot of damage without that silly lightarmour build that some like.

Camo hunter with lethal arrow againts vamps/ww'w, ambush and impale etc..

Yes ive noticed cloak is broken, i never use it myself anymore since being a vamp gives me mistform that actually does work quite well to get away. (unless the enemy knows what to do)

Most nightblade builds need to attack from stealth, this gives them a very hefty damage bonus and a small stun at the same time. Then if the enemy player reacts, change your tactics accordingly. Ive killed quite a few players solo as i adapted to their class/skills. If you face a sorc for example, venom arrow prevents them from casting quite a bit, if hes an OP vamp: silver shards make them feel quite a bit less OP quite fast.
    Lethal arrow is another great skill to open with: it does a great ammount of damage but also lowers their healing, which is great when they love to heal themselves mid fight.

Now i know nightblades cant stand in most even fights, but that is why they have ways to get out of a fight aswell. Get alchemy, some great potions can be made there which solo gankers will really love.

You say that a time you fail to kill your target, because its just healing up and try to overcome NB's huge defense (lol), you need to pop a potion to get away, and its normal? Or be a vamp, like pvp is it now?
    i mean yes, you got ability what is there to get out of fight, but it doesnt work at all......
    IMO FIX YOUR GAME ZOS....

Edited by Kypho on August 30, 2014 4:19PM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys dont use one of the only class aoe skills that generates ulti and heals. Dont stand on your ulti that deals aoe dmg and gives you 60% dmg reduction... Dont think at all guys just spam snipe and venom arrow from stealth wooooooo...