The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 4 Preview Video"

• Danisheraser
    Danisheraser
    ✭✭✭
    And all people do is complain. OMFG!

These people are pumping out delicious content for us to enjoy, faster than any mmo have in ages. And all you do is complain and whine. These forums are filled with spoiled kids.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These people are pumping out delicious content for us to enjoy, faster than any mmo have in ages. And all you do is complain and whine. These forums are filled with spoiled kids.

Sorry but what pvp or solo content has ZOS been "pumping out"? None? Mmm k.
    Edited by Lionxoft on August 13, 2014 7:05PM
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    If the idea of that video was to completely underwhelm the audience ...
    than dear ZOS please consider this an epic success.

Your idea of 'content' is more Craglorn for the power levelers?

More stuff for those mini-maxing their builds to grind a few extra milliseconds than some other group gaming the system if not outright exploiting the *** out of the current status quo? And don't get me even started on PvP!

So if you really think that this will keep me interested, you probably also believe the game is bug free and well balanced.

And in case someone didn't get the hint: There are quite a few folks whose 6 months subscription is up for renewal in the not so distant future...
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! Really hope some changes to the grouping and group questing system comes along with this, however, as it's a pain to group up for quests in Craglorn at the moment.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, content is always good. At least its not colors and tabards patch... but Im very much missing some challenging solo content. Ever since VR content was dumbed down there is nothing meaningful to do for lone wolf like me
  • Rastaban
    Rastaban
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the dark brotherhood, thieves guild, etc.? I bought the game and a subscription on the promise those would be implemented first thing after launch but it was a lie. Honestly, this game is so much less than it could be without those things and it should have happened already. I realized after paying for the game and waiting the last several months since launch for real content in lower levels, all the while paying $15 per month, that there are some shenannigans. I'm paying for promises and that won't do, so I cancelled my subscription. I may not ever come back just on principle but who knows. At least I won't pay $15 per month anymore for promises of content that never comes.

What happened to the horse races? Waiting a few years before you implement that too? By the time you update and implement the most basic stuff, we'll all be gone. Who wants to pay $15 for promises that don't happen? Not me. ESO needs content and as far as I can see, from my vantage point at level 17 or wherever I was before I cancelled my subscription a few days ago, ESO doesn't have it. Maybe ESO has yet another new end content update but what good is that to me?

The only thing that seems to matter is end game content, which is truly baffling. Seriously, are you aware of how many of us will never make it there and how useless these updates are to those of us who play lower levels only? It's the kind of thing that's enough to make people quit the game. Take it from one who knows.
    Edited by Rastaban on August 13, 2014 8:01PM
  • poirt56
    poirt56
    Soul Shriven
    Rastaban wrote: »
    What happened to the dark brotherhood, thieves guild, etc.? I bought the game and a subscription on the promise those would be implemented first thing after launch but it was a lie. Honestly, this game is so much less than it could be without those things and it should have happened already. I realized after paying for the game and waiting the last several months since launch for real content in lower levels, all the while paying $15 per month, that there are some shenannigans. I'm paying for promises and that won't do, so I cancelled my subscription. I may not ever come back just on principle but who knows. At least I won't pay $15 per month anymore for promises of content that never comes.

What happened to the horse races? Waiting a few years before you implement that too? By the time you update and implement the most basic stuff, we'll all be gone. Who wants to pay $15 for promises that don't happen? Not me. ESO needs content and as far as I can see, from my vantage point at level 17 or wherever I was before I cancelled my subscription a few days ago, ESO doesn't have it. Maybe ESO has yet another new end content update but what good is that to me?

The only thing that seems to matter is end game content, which is truly baffling. Seriously, are you aware of how many of us will never make it there and how useless these updates are to those of us who play lower levels only? It's the kind of thing that's enough to make people quit the game because it lacks content.

Hahahaha, level 17 with 5 months of play time and you want them to cater to people who as you say "only play lower levels" gtfo with that! A majority of people will make it to end game content eventually, ESO is doing a good job at adding new content and fixing old content.
  • Semfim
    Semfim
    ✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »
    More end-game content I haven't gotten to yet.

Yippee.

Hope there's more to 1.4 than that.

Won't be enough to keep the power gamers happy, since they'll have ground it to a nub within the first 3 days after release and then come back to the forums and complain how ESO is : still in beta, not Skyrim Online, not really an Elder Scrolls game at all, the worst game EVAR!!!11!!!1!ONE, going F2P, like, tomorrow!, anyone who doesn't agree with them is a *explitive* fanboy and the worst person EVAR!!11!1!1 and /or all of the above.

Oh you forgot: I've unsubbed since before i got into beta but I sill like to troll the official forums and FB page...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Neizir wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Do you know exactly what delves are being remastered? Or is it just new ones this patch?
    For this update, all existing delves in Bangkorai, Reaper's March, and The Rift will be larger, and will have more monsters and loot.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • lestaudenmaierub17_ESO
    The amount of whine in this thread is amazing.
    • Update 1: Craglorn Part 1 / Group PvE and Trials
    • Update 2: Veteran Dungeons / Immersion (lootable junk, lighting)
    • Update 3: Dyes / Guild Improvements / Immersion (post processing, draw distance)
    • Update 4: Craglorn Part 2 / Trials / 4-man PvE Arena

Yes, you are not going to get what you want every single time. But the fact that ZOS is able to thus far maintain their update schedule makes me a happy camper.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Do you know exactly what delves are being remastered? Or is it just new ones this patch?
    For this update, all existing delves in Bangkorai, Reaper's March, and The Rift will be larger, and will have more monsters and loot.

Why are existing delves being modified instead of using those resources to create brand new delves in the existing zones that meet the new larger and better requirements? There is more than enough real estate in each zone to add six new doors or cave entrances.
  • Atratus
    Atratus
    So much negativity. Can we make a new forum for that? And point those type of posts to that. Viral bile spews forth from so many people. Constructive, sure ok. Rampant "i wanted this, this sucks, etc etc"....can we move that to a rant forum?
  • ularis
    ularis
    YES , YES and YES to Arena at least i buy onece again my sub right now ! But i must ask this arena is PURE PVP zone yes ? i dont see there any MOB ?
    Edited by ularis on August 13, 2014 8:45PM
  • Popcorngirl
    There are a lot of fixes that will be going into Update 4, including the start of some grouping improvements (though we can't say for sure if that will include Craglorn to start as this is an ongoing effort). Keep an eye out for the patch notes for v1.4.0, which will be hitting the PTS soon. This will give you a better idea of what to expect in the entire update.

While I understand many of you don't feel like you are being adhered to, I truly believe that they are working on your needs. These updates are the NEW content that they have promised us every month. Hence the subscription. Please stop ranting and be constructive in your criticism if you would like your voices to be heard.

On a completely different note, even though my character isn't quite up to snuff yet for this new content, I'm very excited for it.
  • SpazzKidd3
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Did we really need another trial and more group content? Were the masses really screaming for more of this content?

Where is the new PVP content? Where is the new solo/duo content? That is what people want and once again they are shafted. It would seem ZOS has no understanding of their player base.

I believe PvP content is coming in Update 5 if you watched their Quakecon presentation.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Update 3: Dyes / Guild Improvements / Immersion (post processing, draw distance)

Yes, you are not going to get what you want every single time. But the fact that ZOS is able to thus far maintain their update schedule makes me a happy camper.

Notice what's missing from your list: Any real PVP improvements and any meaningful character progression post VR 12.
  • DyingBreed
    I love UPDATE 4 IS COMING but we cant fix the *** we already have like the bank stacking and grouping but lets put out more broken ***.Then stand there scratching your head and say where did everyone go,oh to the other games that are out.
  • TheDodsons
    Looks nice. I am sure it will be lovely.

Not enough to make me resubscribe to a company that I do not feel appreciates its customers.
  • DyingBreed
    Eyepoke067 wrote: »
    I think it looks awesome, and I am very glad and appreciative of the hard work that has obviously gone into the game.
    Thank you to all the people who make this game happen.
    Great job!

Four months and the bank and grouping is still not fixed but they keep adding new useless stuff like the lighting changes and armor dyes.But sorry we cant fix the stuff you use or would use everyday like the guild bank and grouping.that is a GRAT job way to go guys that will make more people leave.
  • lestaudenmaierub17_ESO
    rophez_ESO wrote: »

Notice what's missing from your list: Any real PVP improvements and any meaningful character progression post VR 12.

Sure. You could definitely go play WoW and wait 2 years for PvP improvements and character level cap increases because when they release an expansion, it includes all that stuff.

Or you could realize that this game is only 4 months old and they instead push out smaller content on a compressed schedule. This means you may not get what "you" want this month, but you may get something you like next month.

I'll take option number 2 any day of the week.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »

Sure. You could definitely go play WoW and wait 2 years for PvP improvements and character level cap increases because when they release an expansion, it includes all that stuff.

Or you could realize that this game is only 4 months old and they instead push out smaller content on a compressed schedule. This means you may not get what "you" want this month, but you may get something you like next month.

I'll take option number 2 any day of the week.

Really? That's your response? Go play WoW? Ask SWTOR and WAR and AOC how that worked for them, when the fans started telling concerned customers to "go play X if you don't like it."

PS - if I want good PVP, I wouldn't go play WoW. There are other options ;)
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am currently paying a sub but being unable to play this delicious content, because it's downright impossible to find any group to do 4 men content at all.
    My guild does trials and that's it. Randoms only grind. And nobody wants to do 4 men instances or quests.

So, 90% of the delicious content is effectively wasted.

Now, let's see if the new delicious content will require to complete the older, just adding other "need to find 4 synced quest progress guys => give up after 2 weeks of trying" content.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Can you guys be nice and make sure to put the wayshrines in each of the new model dungeons, closer to the new doors not where the old door was, and NOT where mobs aggro when you land, like with the new, "The Grotto of Depravity"?

I had a crew of guildies port to me after I stepped inside the door and they landed halfway across the room, on top of where 2 Seducers were mining coal.

Thanks
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Kyrtra
    Kyrtra
    ✭✭
    Still waiting on more solo content after v12. As I still need to get there ( 3 vet levels to go) I have what to do, but after then...I do not like it when the game pushes me to group up to have anything to do at all.
    Grouping up would be a lot better in Craglorn if it wasn't that phasing stuff and hoping to catch somebody who is on the same stage of quest as well.
    Yes, I understand this is mmo and it means multi-player, but it does not mean that almost all content ( post v12) has to be aimed at groups.
    Starts to feel a bit annoying that it's all just for groups, group content and so on.
    Edited by Kyrtra on August 13, 2014 9:21PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ularis wrote: »
    YES , YES and YES to Arena at least i buy onece again my sub right now ! But i must ask this arena is PURE PVP zone yes ? i dont see there any MOB ?

Actually, I ONLY saw mobs.. it was a couple cut scenes later, with the spike traps active. I think it is PVE.

You will have to wait for the Cyrodiil Imperial City with the sewer entrances as shown in one of the videocasts for your AVA fix.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 13, 2014 9:23PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    ularis wrote: »

Actually, I ONLY saw mobs.. it was a couple cut scenes later, with the spike traps active. I think it is PVE.

You will have to wait for the Cyrodiil Imperial City with the sewer entrances as shown in one of the videocasts for your AVA fix.

Correct. The Dragonstar Arena is currently only a PVE arena. There is no PVP arena content or option included in it at present.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 4 Preview Video. We hope you enjoyed this sneak peek! Which part did you like best?

By more loot do you mean useful items that I might consider equipping, or just more garbage for me to vendor or decon?

I mean I don't mind deconning garbage. I have woodcrafting, blacksmithing, and clothing all 40 and I've never actually crafted an item in either of them. I am just curious what type of gear "more loot" means.
    Edited by timidobserver on August 13, 2014 9:53PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Maximus wrote: »
    What is wrong with you all, all you ever do is complain not one word of appreciation before blurting out mostly selfish complaints.

Hey, look, it's one of those Day One players from every failed MMO ever, the kind that coddle the developers all the way to the game's grave. People like you are the death of games that could have been good.
  • cflynn1036
    cflynn1036
    Soul Shriven
    Rastaban wrote: »
    What happened to the dark brotherhood, thieves guild, etc.? I bought the game and a subscription on the promise those would be implemented first thing after launch but it was a lie. Honestly, this game is so much less than it could be without those things and it should have happened already. I realized after paying for the game and waiting the last several months since launch for real content in lower levels, all the while paying $15 per month, that there are some shenanigans. I'm paying for promises and that won't do, so I cancelled my subscription. I may not ever come back just on principle but who knows. At least I won't pay $15 per month anymore for promises of content that never comes.

The only thing that seems to matter is end game content, which is truly baffling. Seriously, are you aware of how many of us will never make it there and how useless these updates are to those of us who play lower levels only? It's the kind of thing that's enough to make people quit the game. Take it from one who knows.

It takes a while. I was at QuakeCon 2014 this year and they said they were still making the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild weapons and armor sets. Also those groups rely on the Justice System which isn't ready yet. so just give them a few months and it will be available.
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want to know what ZOS, and Bethesda needs? I'll tell ya, it's supportive, patient gamers. From what I see, most of you expect this game to be perfect right now, but guess what, it's only been out for what like 5 months? (IDK the exact timeline)

Go, log in, and look around. Look out how massive, and beautifully designed this game is. THINK about how much goes into making all of that work. And realize, that it's going to take a good amount of time to make it perfect. YEARS, it will take. But they will get there I believe, and it will be worth it all. But they can't do it without our support. I'm not saying don't be mad about everything that's wrong in the game, because i get mad when i'm battling in Cyrodiil and i get booted 10+ times each night. But unlike most of you, I understand that they will some day fix it, and I will be loyal to the game until then. Because I believe this game truly is the best mmorpg ever created, and it will be the best for ages.
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro