The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 4 Preview Video"

• Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my first MMO and I've experienced a lot of culture shock here in the newsgroups. It's the most raw form of feedback that Zenimax could hope to get, so I suppose even though it's gritty, it all comes from the heart.

For my part, I'm content and I like the updates they are doing. All of those VR12s do need some kind of outlet though. They aren't ALL team players. ;)
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can't wait for player housing too :smile: I hope the update comes as soon as possible and will be amazing :smiley: Everybody loves housing, right?
  • Genadine_Holychild
    Nice to see new Content that those of us who cannot play since your botched Server Migration will never see, as your tech team is useless / clueless
  • niklas.gustafssonb16_ESO
    I just deleted this game.
    There is nothing to do End game. Crag is not fun, an Item-grind-fest. Pvp is not fun, it's ONLY AoE-fest.
    This problem can be seen everywhere.
    I don't even think i'll be back when it becomes F2P.
  • DyingBreed
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    The amount of whine in this thread is amazing.
    • Update 1: Craglorn Part 1 / Group PvE and Trials
    • Update 2: Veteran Dungeons / Immersion (lootable junk, lighting)
    • Update 3: Dyes / Guild Improvements / Immersion (post processing, draw distance)
    • Update 4: Craglorn Part 2 / Trials / 4-man PvE Arena

Yes, you are not going to get what you want every single time. But the fact that ZOS is able to thus far maintain their update schedule makes me a happy camper.

Notice what's missing from your list: Any real PVP improvements and any meaningful character progression post VR 12.

Sure. You could definitely go play WoW and wait 2 years for PvP improvements and character level cap increases because when they release an expansion, it includes all that stuff.

Or you could realize that this game is only 4 months old and they instead push out smaller content on a compressed schedule. This means you may not get what "you" want this month, but you may get something you like next month.

I'll take option number 2 any day of the week.

Speaking of WoW do you mean the game that the guild bank work correctly in or is it the one that the guild bank works correctly in?Oh i got it is that game that if you try to use a spell it really works.I think they need to fix what they have before putting out more broken content.I think most would agree but they have already stopped playing the $15.00 dollar a month ESO beta.
    Edited by DyingBreed on August 14, 2014 5:19PM
  • Samasulee
    Samasulee
    ✭✭
    More fluff instead of actual content, "ohh!! it is so pretty looking" isn't okay... fancy icing on a poo cake doesn't change that it is still a poo cake. Weren't we told just recently about the justice system and spell crafting in that supposed road to come crap?
  • ReCreare
    ReCreare
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem like a very good update, from what you've shown.
    But that's none of my business.
  • DyingBreed
    HairyFairy wrote: »
    Want to know what ZOS, and Bethesda needs? I'll tell ya, it's supportive, patient gamers. From what I see, most of you expect this game to be perfect right now, but guess what, it's only been out for what like 5 months? (IDK the exact timeline)

Go, log in, and look around. Look out how massive, and beautifully designed this game is. THINK about how much goes into making all of that work. And realize, that it's going to take a good amount of time to make it perfect. YEARS, it will take. But they will get there I believe, and it will be worth it all. But they can't do it without our support. I'm not saying don't be mad about everything that's wrong in the game, because i get mad when i'm battling in Cyrodiil and i get booted 10+ times each night. But unlike most of you, I understand that they will some day fix it, and I will be loyal to the game until then. Because I believe this game truly is the best mmorpg ever created, and it will be the best for ages.

I totally agree but they keep adding new content that is broke they need to stop fix what they have then add the new content because broken content is worse the no content it will make people mad and they will never come back.I know of 20-30 people that stopped playing because it was not enjoyable spells not working,having to reloadui or log out and back in ,then they started nerfing classes when other classes was not even working right .Like the nightblade freezing in combat.but its like they don't get people HATE broken content so dont put it out fix it then put it out.This COULD have been one of the best mmo's made to date but when they released a beta version that people had to pay fifteen dollars a month for that is when people started leaving and most will never come back. more then likly that would have been the loyal gamers,but they have moved on to other games.And you said some day they will have it fixed I think you are right but I think it will be way to late to save the game.
    Edited by DyingBreed on August 14, 2014 5:39PM
  • james_tim
    james_tim
    ✭✭
    yah a arena for our unbalanced pointless pvp....

Its not a pvp arena. Its a mini trial consisting of a group for 4. Also, if they do, do arena. It will be very difficult to balance around smaller groups. One of the things that people still gripe about in World of Warcraft is arena. Its a lot easier to balance pvp around larger scale battles than smaller scale battles.
  • rakayo
    rakayo
    Soul Shriven
    Is the arena PvP or PvE? I really hope PvP, because that would be awesome
  • Cinder82
    Cinder82
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Cinder82 on December 11, 2017 9:17PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rakayo wrote: »
    Is the arena PvP or PvE? I really hope PvP, because that would be awesome

The arena is PVE, sorry.
  • Mathias.vikenb16_ESO
    Guys, take ur money and make ur own *** game and make it better. Some times i start to think, why do they even let us play at all. Stuff like this takes time and u just have to deal with it. And i can say that i couldnt care less if u Pay a expensive sub. Feel free to try, my jimmies are shielded! None can rustle them with their patethic feedback. U are a hater and hated u shall be :)
  • Torkan_the_Warrior
    Torkan_the_Warrior
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to see INCLUDED a VOICE capability yes LIKE ya can USE in EVERQUEST that would make Grouping so much better enjoyable and far more MMO orientated SURELY this can be placed into speed tracked Development PLEASE
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had enough Craglorn, and I have barely played any Craglorn content. I'd probably enjoy it, but I can't even find enough people to do the quests with there. I also don't feel like changing my entire play style/build just to get invited to a trails group.

The best Craglorn update would be if they made the delves/quests scale to the number of players in the group. Since it is all instanced, it should be easy to do. This way, both solo players and groups will be able to do it. Here's hoping...
  • Ilterendi
    Ilterendi
    ✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    Probably worth mentioning here too that the FB post says "late July". Might want to fix that...
    Thank you, just fixed it. ;)

Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Any behind the scenes fixes that would not be mentioned in a PR video? I am particularly interested in questing/grouping. The current Craglorn is really cool, but the difficulty in finding 3 other people at the exact same step in the exact same quest means it is only cool when the stars align and you miraculously do find 4 people in exact sync. So an Upper Craglorn with more 4-player quests is nice content, but a little frustrating if the continued questing/phasing/grouping system is in place. :-(
    There are a lot of fixes that will be going into Update 4, including the start of some grouping improvements (though we can't say for sure if that will include Craglorn to start as this is an ongoing effort). Keep an eye out for the patch notes for v1.4.0, which will be hitting the PTS soon. This will give you a better idea of what to expect in the entire update.

Could you tell us the one where you're planning to fix Nightblades in update 1.2..or was that 1.2.2..or 1.2.3.. I'm not sure anymore. I was just told to keep my sub active and fixes would be on the way...
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW, totally Awesome ZOS. I have to admit that I love your fequently Updates.
    Ilterendi wrote: »

Could you tell us the one where you're planning to fix Nightblades in update 1.2..or was that 1.2.2..or 1.2.3.. I'm not sure anymore. I was just told to keep my sub active and fixes would be on the way...

Nighblades only have one bug left but thats really an annoying one with Shadow Cloack. If that is fixed, Nightblade are totally fine.
    Edited by Kego on August 15, 2014 10:41AM
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    And all people do is complain. OMFG!

These people are pumping out delicious content for us to enjoy, faster than any mmo have in ages. And all you do is complain and whine. These forums are filled with spoiled kids.

Sorry but what pvp or solo content has ZOS been "pumping out"? None? Mmm k.

Since the launch PVP have gotten new "kill 20 sorcerers/nbs/dks/templars" quests. If you think about it, it's like a new quest for every month since launch. It's amazing how some people are never satisfied, even when they have been showered with new content like this. And since we PVP players don't pay any subscription fees like PVE players do, I think we have gotten plenty already.

/sarcasm off
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    I've had enough Craglorn, and I have barely played any Craglorn content. I'd probably enjoy it, but I can't even find enough people to do the quests with there. I also don't feel like changing my entire play style/build just to get invited to a trails group.

The best Craglorn update would be if they made the delves/quests scale to the number of players in the group. Since it is all instanced, it should be easy to do. This way, both solo players and groups will be able to do it. Here's hoping...

I couldn't agree more with this post!

Apart from Trials, Craglorn is a complete failure and has been since mid-June by which time most people had completed their grind to VR12. People do not do the quests there. You will hit a wall if you try to solo the quests and it is almost impossible to find another player to join you for questing, let alone three other players. Not only that, but people do not run the delves there as they stick to either trials or those rare instances when a group of five to six can be cobbled together for grinding purposes. Running the Trials is the only thing Craglorn has succeeded at and that is only because no other zone offers Trials. The upcoming Upper Craglorn patch will be no different after the first month, possibly even after the first week.

ZOS would be wise to make everything in Craglorn soloable except the Trials. The Trials should retain their 12 player requirement. Everything else needs to be soloable or the zone will continue to be an empty one. There are four circuits I run inside Craglorn for chests and crafting mats. I can usually complete three of the four circuits without ever seeing another player despite. The fourth circuit I run is based around Belkarth and the only people I see there are the ones running Trials. You do not need to be a psychic to see how new Upper Craglorn content will fare.
  • danman5000
    danman5000
    Soul Shriven
    Great looking new content, but when will the changes to vet ranks come? It seems like current issues are being ignored in favor of distracting new content. Once I hit vet ranks on my main, I was crushed with the realization I'd have to slog through the exact same content I went through on my alts (identical quests, identical mobs artificially raised in level, crates still give level 1 ingredients, etc), and that leveling has become so slow as to basically have stopped altogether. The vet system seriously needs to be addressed. I've left my main behind almost completely to play alts, but that's no solution. I'm getting a little disillusioned here.
  • danman5000
    danman5000
    Soul Shriven
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    if you guys cant make questing more incentive, to where groups will want to do it, than just make the quests soloable.

Agreed. Why not make the mobs scale to your group? I.e. if you are soloing they are 'easy' and the more group members you have the tougher the enemies get.

• Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    Is this all group content.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure group content is great just seems the last update was mostly about guilds and a little about dyes, the update before was craglon so group content and this appears to be more group content.

While the veteran difficulty was lowered as it was found forced group content wasn't working. So is there any plans to offer things to do when you can't find a group or just want to head out alone.

Cause I hate to say it but ESO had one of the worst grouping experiences at least as far as questing goes I have seen. With separate conversations often separate phasing, sometime group objectives sometimes grouping meant finding twice as many and then solo instances stuck in to disrupt the group. As such there has been very little to support grouping and then all end game content will demand it.
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUG PROPHECIES:
    - Upper Craiglorn will regularly cause client crashes
    - Bugged grouping will be rampant and require frequent re-logging
    - Skills that previously worked fine will not function or function incorrectly
    - Many places on the map and in the trails will cause moderate to severe clipping
    - Players will fall through, and out of, the map at various points

Long term effects of this update:
    - Further detraction from existing VR zones (no one wants to play an empty zone).
    - Further exclusion of those who do not conform to the LA Staff meta game from trial PUG's
    - Exclusion of those who do not conform to the LA Staff meta game from Dragon Star arena PUG's.
    - Content completion by players over time will result in Craiglorn 2 becoming as vacant as Craiglorn, and ultimately as empty as the rest of VR content.

Verdict: "Ummm...Yay?"
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More content I'll probably never see, because nobody wants to group except for dungeons and trials...and even then they're uptight about what you're wearing and using and what skills you've picked.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Guar
    Guar
    I think it would be cool to have a place where you can challenge other players (regardless of faction) to a duel in an arena (Dragonstar?)
    -Guarburger
  • Norse
    Norse
    Soul Shriven
    Arena is the most ignorant idea to date. The few that want it are going wine and *** if it is not in some way forced upon everyone in the game. And when that happens the road from ESO to WoW shall be complete. When is a game developer going to figure out that you dont make every whim from every cry baby a reality. When that happens game gets morphed away from the things that made it great.

The problem is the money grubbing company's that make decisions trying to make every single player satisfied. Its been tried before-it never works-it ruins good games every single time. You have the ability to look into the past developers, but yet you give off the impression you couldn't find your own ass with both hands and a funnel.

You guys start things like arenas you will drive away a large portion of what was a good and LOYAL fan base.
    Let the road to freedom be paved with the crushed skulls of our enemies.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danman5000 wrote: »
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    if you guys cant make questing more incentive, to where groups will want to do it, than just make the quests soloable.

Agreed. Why not make the mobs scale to your group? I.e. if you are soloing they are 'easy' and the more group members you have the tougher the enemies get.

..and failing that....if grouping is so awkward and impossible and must have x players...give us varied interesting NPC mercenaries to hire and make up the shortfall. And not 50,000 gold each per dungeon ;)
    Edited by Rune_Relic on August 16, 2014 3:42PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • ularis
    ularis
    Norse wrote: »
    Arena is the most ignorant idea to date. The few that want it are going wine and *** if it is not in some way forced upon everyone in the game. And when that happens the road from ESO to WoW shall be complete. When is a game developer going to figure out that you dont make every whim from every cry baby a reality. When that happens game gets morphed away from the things that made it great.

Few WAnt arena ?! buhehe every hardcore pvp player want that
  • ckrobinson83
    ckrobinson83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have to say that the new update looks pretty good. Thing is, I rather doubt that I'll ever get that high a level in the game. The furthest I've made it with any of my chars is lvl 25. It wasn't that it was hard, but there are some dungeons that just aren't doable without a group, and trying to find a group isn't easy. My group has three people, and we found it extremely difficult to get through the final section dungeons with only three people, and by the time we had leveled enough to survive, we got no xp.

Anyway, I think new content is great, and I understand bug fixes come slow -- as does re-balancing a class. But for me, the single most difficult part of this game is how poorly grouping is done. If I ever make it to a vet level, I don't suspect it'll be any easier, and if it isn't well... maybe I'll try another MMO. This was my first MMO, and don't get me wrong, it's pretty cool. But it probably needs some time to mature.