Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Performance Issues on the European Megaserver

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Server from hell again, when is someone going to fix the fact that the Frankfurt datacentre is grossly under specced for the game & buy some servers to fix the d/c, lag spikes and other server related crashes...

Or is the EU too small a market for ZOS???

Just so we are clear that the issue is your datacentre over 100 traces to it the rtt is 49-50ms, no loses, no indicators that any part of the route is varying my much (49-66ms max) but the server is booting people off!

It really is time to get IT professionals and put the marketeers that are running the show out to pasture!

I make a point of running perfmon now. Same concliusion. No latency issues or dropped packets. That only leaves the servers. But they admitted this in the summit anyway.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Contagious
    Contagious
    Soul Shriven
    After the move to the EU megaserver I could finally play without any lag for about a month bar swapping was smooth skills worked when I clicked not after 2-3 seconds but now the state of the EU megaserver is the same if not worse than before the move. The game is laggy and unresponsive as hell. I get spikes when switching action bars and then when the spike is over 2-3 switches in a row you HAVE TO do something with it. This is the last month in paying for my subscription if you don't fix it within a month I'm done. I love the game but the lag is just making in unplayable (and I won't even start about the 20 crashes per day in Cyrodiil that's another topic ...).
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Today, I feel the lag server. Server freeses, then falls to the login screen with an error 303 or error that I ran into some strange messages limit (can not remember the number). What kind of crap is not clear, I did not write any messages.
  • Bollerlotte
    Bollerlotte
    ✭✭✭
    My friends and i expirience this weekend bad lag issues. rubberbanding, disconecting because of server message spam(just trying to get in an alchemy house for ex.) like alot.
    these lags occur in intervals, and we are 100% sure that our machines are not the problem since we got diffrent machines, diffrent providers all accorus european but suffer the same issues.

sad situation! operate px
  • HarieMossfruit
    I experience fos drops when I move. But if I just stand still I get 60-70fps On any graphics settings. I tried it on ultra and low and no matter what I get 60-70 fps when i stand still, but when I move I lag like ***
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add to this the EU server seems now to not know where my character is a large part of the time resulting in things like:
    shattering prison IV : unknown location
    H (mount horse): You cannot mount here (in Stormhold)

this is on top of the Earth-Moon-Earth or Earth-Mars-Eath rtt that some button presses have to wait before they fire!!!

Again this is not internet or Pc issues as there are no signs of any problem, but is the server being clueless and often requiring a relog, /reloadui or another fast travel to get the hamsters to put the magnets in the holes!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Amarinth
    Amarinth
    ✭✭
    The performance of the EU megaserver is still dreadful. I've not been playing the release version of ESO very long (11 days), but so far the days where I've had serious issues with lagspikes and desyncs/disconnects outnumber the days where I haven't.

I was hoping to get a few hours of play in tonight, but I've just logged off in irritation because combat is an exercise in pure frustration at the moment. There are massive lagspikes happening in Deshaan that make it impossible to cast skills, swap weapons or even mount my horse with any sort of consistency.

I don't mind paying a subscription fee for a good MMO, but then I do expect good service in return, and so far I've not been impressed. It doesn't matter how fun this game is if it's regularly rendered unplayable.
    Edited by Amarinth on October 8, 2014 9:16PM
  • dzugarueb17_ESO
    dzugarueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just resubbed, played on launch (I'm EU, server was in NA) - PvE lag was horrible, couldn't stand it, PvP just don't ask.

Now, honestly, it's far, far better in PvE leveling. Still subpar to, say, WoW responsiveness, couple of issues still occur rarely like skill sound cut, infinite loading screen and this funny 10s "server freeze" that reminds me of times when I was running Ragnarok server and we dumped our not small database every hour so every hour game freezed for some seconds.

I hope there is a way to polish network code more, so we can finally get that "visceral combat", though I doubt management will focus on it now when it's playable.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be even worse today, now getting "loading screen of death" for no reason at all!
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are you going to fix the constant crashes?? I have crashed a total of 8 times tonight and yesterday a guildie crashed 15 times.

Are you going to just wait until we unsub or are you going to do anything about it.
    I suggest some of you in the USA who are devs actually get on the EU server and try it .
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you see, there are very few ppl here with the crash-problems you describe. Guess what could be the result...

Lags are occuring since last Maintenance. Until last week everything ran as fine as molten butter.
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apokh wrote: »
    As you see, there are very few ppl here with the crash-problems you describe. Guess what could be the result...

Lags are occuring since last Maintenance. Until last week everything ran as fine as molten butter.

You need to read other post matey if you think there aren't constant crashes or disconnects as people may call them.

Not everyone is a member of these forums , I even had to ask customer service to be a member.
    Presume what you like but again today people in my TS crashing and getting infinite loading screen.
    If it carries on for the nest 3 weeks up until my sub is due then this is the last straw for me and Im off.
  • Amarinth
    Amarinth
    ✭✭
    Presume what you like but again today people in my TS crashing and getting infinite loading screen.

People can call *** all they like, but fact is that everytime the server/zone has major lag issues there are other people complaining about it in Zone chat as well. It is not an internet connectivity problem or else the enemy NPC's wouldn't be affected and you'd have a bunch of delayed damage coming in as soon as the lagspike passed. Instead it's like someone presses the pause button on the server.

I just had an infinite loading screen pop up out of nowhere in the middle of White Rose Prison Dungeon. I pulled up Process Explorer (like Task Manager but better) which confirmed that the ESO client had gone completely dead and wasn't talking to the server anymore. I had to Alt F4 out and restart the game.

There's an old MMO saying of "Don't play on patch day", well at the moment every day in ESO feels like patch day. =_=
    Edited by Amarinth on October 17, 2014 10:29AM
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amarinth wrote: »

People can call *** all they like, but fact is that everytime the server/zone has major lag issues there are other people complaining about it in Zone chat as well. It is not an internet connectivity problem or else the enemy NPC's wouldn't be affected and you'd have a bunch of delayed damage coming in as soon as the lagspike passed. Instead it's like someone presses the pause button on the server.

I just had an infinite loading screen pop up out of nowhere in the middle of White Rose Prison Dungeon. I pulled up Process Explorer (like Task Manager but better) which confirmed that the ESO client had gone completely dead and wasn't talking to the server anymore. I had to Alt F4 out and restart the game.

There's an old MMO saying of "Don't play on patch day", well at the moment every day in ESO feels like patch day. =_=

Agreed.

When these lags occur I've checked the ping to Frankfurt and it's usually in the 20 to 30ms range.

Starting to think the EU server has been done on the cheap and nasty with extra nasty :(
  • stumpy999
    stumpy999
    ✭✭✭
    EU thornblade lag is comical at the moment. Guy is streaming it on twitch
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As this is a @ZOS_AmeliaR post, I'm amazed that there has been no further comment on the issues with Lag, that are progressively getting worse.

Why sticky a discussion if ZOS is not going to play any further part in the discussion. Everyone would like to know what is actually happening, being done, future plans!
  • Aranweh
    Aranweh
    Cyrodill is just a joke, you can only play in empty servers.
    Beta for ever….
  • hypr
    hypr
    Time to step it up and do something zos
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hypr wrote: »
    Time to step it up and do something zos

Like hire some outside experts to look at why everything the in-house team tries just makes things worse!!!
  • halabiteb17_ESO
    halabiteb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yesterday I bought the game.

Was playing during the night, latency 50-60. There wasn't many players around.

Now I log in, there is decent number of players online, I get latency 110+.

Fix this.
    Edited by halabiteb17_ESO on November 6, 2014 12:49AM
  • ofirfer
    ofirfer
    Soul Shriven
    560-900+ ...
    Fix this !
  • Running
    Running
    ✭✭
    Yesterday Cyrodiil 20:00 1000+ and client crash. Lagging in Cyrodiil every day, US server was better.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is becomming unplayable, 2 days in a row now I have troubles logging in, after character select it errors & says unable to load character, & if I eventually am able to log in, I get freezes of 30-60sec with a ping of 999+
    I ran the game consultant tool and the report says ping of 23-25ms

owyeah I would like to report this ingame, only its lagging so much that dont work either
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Chazrp
    Chazrp
    The developers don't seem to fix anything, they'd rather the players do it themselves... All they want is your money, they couldn't give a *** about anything else.