Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

The Road Ahead - July 8, 2014

• Danisheraser
    Danisheraser
    ✭✭✭
    Is ESO going to be another mindless mmo with boring arenas, tournaments and raids?? Where is the adventure going to be? I fear eso is about to be just like all the other ordinary mmo's but just in another world.
    Options
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    Below is the latest Road Ahead article, written by ESO Game Director Matt Firor:

It’s important to note that from now on, whenever we introduce a major change to a skill line, we will be offering a free respec to players who have invested points in that line.

Finally! Thank you!

| GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
    Options
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anath_Q wrote: »
    Below is the latest Road Ahead article, written by ESO Game Director Matt Firor:

It’s important to note that from now on, whenever we introduce a major change to a skill line, we will be offering a free respec to players who have invested points in that line.

Finally! Thank you!

/awesome +1
    Options
  • Lithion
    Lithion
    ✭✭
    Are there any plans to balance heavy armor? It is widely accepted that Light Armor is already powerful, and medium armor has been receiving some love recently, but what about heavy armor?

The current passive bonuses for heavy armor aren't that good. As a tank, I even use light armor, because I have WAY more options with it.
    Options
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

You can't compare a daedric prince (especially a daedric prince of madness) to what you find in nirn.

I really can. :)

Also, all colors are in the game, so ZOS can as well. :D
    Edited by Blackwidow on July 8, 2014 11:12PM
    Options
  • Malivek
    Malivek
    gibous wrote: »
    Custom dyed armor sounds great, but I don't like the idea of candy-colored armor dyes. Should be more earth-toned. The visual appeal of this series is that it's not terribly cartoony and works toward some kind of realism.

I agree... PLEASE tone those colors down. I've always found bright colors very annoying. The last thing I want to see is a Nord or Orc running around in bright pink armor!
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    No word on Chat Bubbles yet? I know some people don't care, but I am curious.
    Chat bubbles won't be in Update 3, but we are actively working on them.
    Denaia wrote: »
    @zos_ginabruno are the delve updates that where announced for update 3 in the previous road ahead also going to come? And what about the collectibles achievement that haven't been working since the start of the game?
    Delve updates will start in Update 3, and will be an ongoing addition as we hit each area.

How come obtrusive spammy floating chat bubbles are considered fine as an option, yet nameplates and guild tags aren't?
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    WHERE IS VVARDENFELL?
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must admit I am not as happy as others here...

the goods :)

Dye´s,

while others seem to hate them, I am all for personal customization and looks. No matter if pink, yellow or black. Let people dress how they want to dress, that's my saying.

Combat,

there are MMO´s which just feel a lot more smooth, I often cast spells and it looks like my Chars hands are broken, so a fix there is appreciated.

Items,

more unique looking items are always good.

not so good

VR,

Matt talks like we all wanted VR´s to be dumped down, while we didn't. It was a vocal minority only. That said, even that minority didn't want a total faceroll - yet it has become one.

Why cant the VR zones be more progressive, so that there is actually a pattern in them? Make VR1 as easy as 50 ok, but not all VR zones as easy as 50 it totally ruins the whole point of them.

And if you cant revert the change, then add at least new zones for solo play that offer a bit of a challenge you have many customers that are interested in them, yet no word about their desires, that's just sad I think.

DB, Crime, Housing, solo content

no news there either? What about content for those not interested in trials, is anything coming?

Guild,

a lot which was mentioned is only for huge guilds of 10 or more members. What if someone has a guild with 3 or 4 friends? They cant get any benefits at all.

Also the Kiosk system, while good in theory seems to exclude everyone not in a guild or in a small one. As far I understood, the average joe can not sell anything there or am I mistaken? Its only for the guild, while everyone can buy from them?

Performance,

no word about any improvements there? The game needs a update there especially for older CPUs. People run around on a quad with 30 FPS or less, this is not acceptable. I am sure many subs were lost over this, yet no words about any performance tweaks in future.

EA did the same with SWTOR, the result we all know. Don't let it come that far please.

So ya, not the happy hippo reply but still what I think ;)

Cheers!
    Edited by Audigy on July 8, 2014 11:46PM
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how much of this is actually coming with update 3 and what is going to be later down the "soon™" pipeline gina?
    You'll find out soon! :trollface:
    Wait... Does it mean you're literally paid for trolling us? What a life!

I've been waiting for guild tabards since approximately forever. Like the others, I'm a little worried about dyes - I have no issues with pink or whatever, just hope the end result isn't too flashy. But this is something I can't judge until I see it in the game.
    And promise of free respecs after changes? Much needed, good to know you're listening. :)
    Edited by Rosveen on July 8, 2014 11:54PM
    Options
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    And the Imperial City?
    Options
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty stoked for this update, especially for the heraldry stuff and dyes xD
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    Options
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on Emperor farming? Jumping campaigns at will etc.

In the current state of the game switching length of campaign is going to lead to 1-2 Wabba like server and rest Emperor farms.. I hope you guys realize this
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyes and dyeing will be wonderful.
    Bring on those golden, orange, sand and amber dyes!
    Edited by Rev Rielle on July 8, 2014 11:59PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    No word on Chat Bubbles yet? I know some people don't care, but I am curious.
    Chat bubbles won't be in Update 3, but we are actively working on them.
    Denaia wrote: »
    @zos_ginabruno are the delve updates that where announced for update 3 in the previous road ahead also going to come? And what about the collectibles achievement that haven't been working since the start of the game?
    Delve updates will start in Update 3, and will be an ongoing addition as we hit each area.

How come obtrusive spammy floating chat bubbles are considered fine as an option, yet nameplates and guild tags aren't?

Who knows. It is kind of mind boggling that they haven't opened the API and let the community handle it on their own.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    Too late.
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
    Options
  • orangybrownub17_ESO
    orangybrownub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My 2 cents on the dyes:
    On the one hand, I get that people want to customize, and that being able to dye your armor all sorts of colors is becoming a 'staple' of MMO's.
    But on the other hand, how immersed I get in ESO is a huge reason of why I enjoy it so much, and is something no other MMO I've tried has been able to come close to touching. I'm still mistaking players for NPCs/enemies and vice versa, and I love it. These candy-colored bright dyes will ruin that, and they really don't fit in the art style or the setting. All in all, I'm worried they'll seriously threaten that feeling of being immersed.
    And I don't think ESO needs to try to be a standard MMO- it already isn't, and I think most of us enjoy it for that.
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents on the dyes:
    On the one hand, I get that people want to customize, and that being able to dye your armor all sorts of colors is becoming a 'staple' of MMO's.
    But on the other hand, how immersed I get in ESO is a huge reason of why I enjoy it so much, and is something no other MMO I've tried has been able to come close to touching. I'm still mistaking players for NPCs/enemies and vice versa, and I love it. These candy-colored bright dyes will ruin that, and they really don't fit in the art style or the setting. All in all, I'm worried they'll seriously threaten that feeling of being immersed.
    And I don't think ESO needs to try to be a standard MMO- it already isn't, and I think most of us enjoy it for that.

Sounds like the solution is to make NPCs more colorful.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    pvp, plz its the 3rd content update and nothing for pvp except for guild store in keeps owned by guilds and maybe tabards :/

or am I wrong?
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
    Options
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Changes to werewolves? I really hope these aren't nerfs. They need buffs, not nerfs
    Options
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Zenimax or @ZOS_GinaBruno‌.

Nothing about Sorceres? "review to ensure that the class is fun to play and still feels powerful."

About FPS problems and Are coming new skill line? for new VET System?
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
    Options
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AelyinESO wrote: »

Nothing about Sorceres? "review to ensure that the class is fun to play and still feels powerful."

Sorc still destroy everyone with shards
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we have a toggle in the settings to not see the armor dyeing?

I don't want to take it away from people who like it because a lot of people like that stuff, but there seems to be a clear subset who don't appreciate it.

The toggle would just show the underlying standard armor colors if we so desire. So if someone crafts a piece of Level 40 Altmer Dwarven Ingot Heavy Armor and dyes it neon blue and lime green, those with the toggle checked will see the original Level 40 Altmer Dwarven Ingot Heavy Armor but not the neon blue and lime green dyes applied to it. Everyone else who left the toggle unchecked (that would be the default) will see neon blue and lime green.

This seems like it could make everyone happy. Those who want the bright typical MMO customization colors can use them and see them and show them off to their friends and all that fun stuff. But those who love, love, love the existing art design and graphical style of the game can continue to have that.

Thank you.
    Options
  • panemetcircenses
    [*] The survivability of werewolves and the balance between their strengths and weaknesses may receive some adjustments.
    This is good news, though the "may" part of it isn't inspiring. The design of a werewolf in ESO just feels off, since you have to spend skill points to improve abilities that only apply when in werewolf form, and the method of getting to use those skill points consumes your Ultimate slot and requires a longer buildup than most (all?) of the alternatives. From a basic gameplay standpoint, you are spending skill points that only apply in an extremely conditional manner, meaning that for the majority of your time you will have less functioning skill points, no Ultimate, and an increased poison vulnerability at no benefit whatsoever.

There is a problem when the best use of a Skill Line is to get it removed from your character.
    Laura wrote: »
    You can't compare a daedric prince (especially a daedric prince of madness) to what you find in nirn... that is a stretch.

You can too. If you've played enough TES: Oblivion (Shivering Isles) you know we already became Sheogorath, though we aren't Sheogorath just yet. We will be, and already are, but not yet. The Prince of Madness does not need to make sense, especially when the game we are playing in the present takes place before the game we already played in the past. The tides of Oblivion are not bound by your mortal concept of time.

Neither is the color of my shirt. :#
    Edited by panemetcircenses on July 13, 2014 2:34AM
    Options
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    AelyinESO wrote: »

Sorc still destroy everyone with shards

And DK with chain, take 5 seconds to down a SORC, or NB with "spam" Stealthy as well.

Not talking about power, but adjustment and skill lines.

NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
    Options
  • jacktors11
    jacktors11
    ✭✭
    and yet Defend the Hall quest in Stonefalls is still bugged after 3 updates.
    Options
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    please dont put pink, and baby blue and stuff like that into elderscrolls online.
    asking nicely please just dont do it.
    please.

Its already in. The sky is blue, and there are pink flowers. What do you mean don't put those colors in?

What if I asked "Don't put in shortsheath's favorite color in."? That wouldn't be nice.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a toggle to globally ignore all armor dyes.

Pure client-side, just for me - I dont want to see frogs with blue ears, pink shoes and yellow teeth walking around in my game because they think "it's cool" or "looks awesome".
    Of course they can see it on their own client as they please if they want - but I do not want to see that and I dont want it forced onto me.
    Ty.
    Edited by tengri on July 9, 2014 12:37AM
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the dirty and grimy feel of Skyrim gaphics, dyes should reflect more of a "realism" POV -- one of the main reason I never really play WOW because it is to cartoon like for my tastes. I do NOT want ESO to be a cartoon game. Also, all content should be lore friendly as well.
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand the changes to VR content -- is ZOS rising the level cap (skill points and stat points) instead of just stats point as VR is now?
    Options